Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    Thinking about leasing a G37x w/NAV/Premium/spoiler/splash guards/trunk net/mat with MSRP 41,950. This will be for business use and I need 18000mi/yr with a low residual at the end but I'm willing to pay much higher monthly costs.

What would a good negotiated capitalized cost be? Assuming that I'm rolling everything in (never leased before), what fees are there (taxes, tags, license) Acquisition, documentation?
    What's a good MF assuming excellent credit and I'm not a prior Infiniti owner.

Thinking I'll buy this week if I get a great deal otherwise, I'll wait for the 2010.
  • jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    I'm assuming you meant -2500 when you said "+2500 capitalized cost"

If so, that's better than the 1000 under invoice with dealer rebate that others seem to be getting. Your 56% residual is better than I've seen as well. Would love to get monthly below 400 with 0 cap cost reduction. Here is my best quote for a 39mo 10k/yr Journey with Premium:

MSRP: 37,065
    Invoice: 34,172
    Sales Price: 32,900 (~1,250 under invoice, includes 1,000 rebate)
    Residual: 54%
    MF: .00113

1st month: 825 (fees+taxes+1st mo pmt)
    monthly: 420+tax
  • millwood0millwood0 Member Posts: 451
    yes, it is +2500: the price for the car for a cash purchase is 33895. you lose 2500 discount if you use infiniti financing for the lease, so that brought the capitalized costs to 33895+2500=36395, for a lease.

after you have gone through the math, it was about 440/month with taxes, or about 420/month without taxes (413 / month to be exact).

the car is a g37x, with premium and navigation, 39month lease, 41380 msrp, 56% residual, and $1.1K drive-off.

I have been told that the monthly lease payment for a non-navigation car is about $30 cheaper than one with navigation.

Looks like you have lower financing costs + lower drive-off costs (about $8 per onth over the life of the lease, vs. mine) but higher depreciation, in part because of lower residual %.
  • jpfivejpfive Member Posts: 37
    I ran some numbers and it looks like this dealer is adding back about $1,000 in dealer fees to what he's calling cap cost. So basically offering $250 under invoice after $1,000 incentive. Definitely not good enough.

Would like to target $1,000 under invoice (including destination) on Journey sedan w/ premium. Would look something like:

MSRP: 37,125
    Invoice: 34,219
    Sell: 33,200 (just invoice - $1,000 incentive)
    MF: .00113
    term: 39m, 10k/yr
    residual: 54%
    drive-off: bank fee + TTL + 1st month
    payment: 397 + tax

Of course monthly gets better with lower cap cost...
    Sell 33,000 ==> 392 + tax
    Sell 32,500 ==> 379 + tax
    Sell 32,000 ==> 365 + tax

Not sure how low I can get cap cost. People were talking about getting invoice before incentives before Christmas, but I've seen a few 500-700 under invoice before incentives on the "prices paid" board recently.
  • carbokcarbok Member Posts: 11
    G37xS with Premium and nav 39 month and 15k per year, please.

Thanks for the help.

Im looking at Rate f 1.250 and Residual of 54%
  • carbokcarbok Member Posts: 11
    oh yeah credit score is high enough for top tier financing
    a local infiniti dealer (infiniti of greenwich) is advertising a 329/month lease for a g37, -> total lease payments less than 13K over 3 years.

no idea about that particular car.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You didn't mention how much cap cost reduction they want so that payment comparison is pretty useless. I'm sure you have to put down 5 thousand to get that lease payment, which is ludicrous.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    "You didn't mention how much cap cost reduction they want so that payment comparison is pretty useless. "

OK. you know that it is $329/month over 3 years, and total lease payment is less than 13K. so how much is the upfront payment?

"I'm sure you have to put down 5 thousand to get that lease payment, which is ludicrous."

I'm sure you are wrong about putting down 5 thousand to get that lease payment, :).
  • allagarooallagaroo Member Posts: 88
    I placed a conditional order for above car based on $500 over invoice. MF and Res. not out yet so couldn't give me monthly lease cost. I have option not to accept.
    10,000 miles
    probably 39 months since that usually gives a lower monthly payment.
    Salesman expects lease numbers 1/4/10. I would like to get them as well so I can compareand make a decision. Top credit.
    They have a warranty recovery charge for $205. Is that usually negotiable?

Thanks and a Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year!!!!!!!
    J
  • capetocairocapetocairo Member Posts: 4
    Going through a stage of life crisis and coming off of my M35X lease hopefully to lease a 2009 G37X Coupe with Premium and Nav. MRSP is $44,765. Invoice on Edmunds is $41,114. Dealer says he will be $1,000 under invoice. I am a high mileage commuter so I need 20,000 per year on a 36 mo lease. Dealer does his magic with Infiniti book and computer and says $640 for Maryland. Seems high, but I don't blame him for doing his job. I did not press him for all the inputs but will do so next visit. It is my job to go back at him intelligently. I have been scouring this forum and have two important questions:
    1. Anybody have professional experience or a guess regarding whether the January Infiniti lease program is traditionally same, worse or better than December? Apparently, dealers are told next week some time. How is inventory on the lots out there for 2009 G37's? Is Infiniti sitting on excess production ahead of the 2010's? We are still in tough economic times, so we consumers need all the help we can get. My lease is up at end of January but I could still cut a December deal on Monday I am told.
    2. What is the best way to estimate the effect of a high mileage lease if you don't have the magic dealer tables? My guess is to start with standard 36mo lease terms for my car, after scouring the deals in this thread. Then take 10 cents per mile above the standard mileage times 3 years, then take that total as a percentage of the MRSP, and then reduce the standard residual percentage by that calculated percentage. Or someone with a magic book could just tell me what to input for 20k of mileage on a 36 mo lease.

As they say in Nashville, thanks for all your card and letters and come by the house during Country Music Week. And Happy New Year! As bad as the last one was, I am happy to experience each one versus the alternative.

Doug
    Looking for the same car but the AWD sedan in the VA area. I'll also need 20k/yr. Since they're closed on New Year's Day, I'll be going in and calling tomorrow and I'll post on how it goes.

Good luck!
    I think I've finally decided on leasing a G37x but only if I get a very aggressive price since I could be equally happy with a BMW or Lexus. On my first visit, I test drove the car with a salesman and then of course, they do the usual routine of getting their manager, etc.

I don't want to waste time since I already know what these cars are going for--should I even waste time with him or should I contact the internet sales division of that dealership as well as others?
  • digger71azdigger71az Member Posts: 10
    09 Journey Coupe - Prem, Nav, & Technology
    39 months, 15k miles

MSRP $44,585
    Add Ons $700 (BS add ons - tint, paint protection, door guards)
    Invoice $40,828
    Cap Cost $39,300
    TTL & Fees ~$1400
    MF .00161
    Residual 56%

No money up front - 39 payments of $506+tax

I think it is a good deal...let me know :)
  • capetocairocapetocairo Member Posts: 4
    My experience over a lot of leases is that there are roughly three prices. The first is the uninformed buyer price (Retail Price), where a customer comes in, likes the car and can tolerate the quoted lease cost. In that one (which is still below the MSRP game), the customer is fat, dumb and happy, and the dealer makes good money. The second price is a Ground Floor Price, where the dealer makes some money, moves a car, and makes money on later maintenance. That is the lease that this forum helps us all try to determine. It varies based on specific model, trim packages, Infiniti lease programs, outside leasors, time of year, dealer inventory, etc. In my post above, I am trying to get better information on which way a typical January lease program goes and how you should adjust for a high mileage lease. Eventually, if you read this forum enough and study the inputs (cost below invoice, money factor, months, mileage, your personal rating, dealer incentive programs, etc.), I would think that you should be able to estimate your costs within $10 or $20 of the Ground Floor monthly lease cost, where you get a decent deal and the dealer makes some money but not much. From my business experience, a good deal is when both sides feel the pain. The third deal, which you are wondering about, is the Breakthrough Price. This is a deal where a dealer, for reasons that are impossible to predict, offers you a lease cost where the dealer makes no money or maybe sells below carrying costs, just to move a car. With Saturns and Pontiacs, the motivation is systemic and obvious. With individual dealers, it is unpredictable. It is less likely to happen with popular cars that move off the lot such as the G37. But it can still happen. If a dealer has too much inventory in general, is worried about hitting a monthly target, is concerned about getting stuck with too many 2009's---I am not expert in the motivations of dealers, but you can read in this forum where it happens for individual buyers.

My experience is that all dealers will hold their ground at the Ground Floor Price. They don't necessarily collude, but they know the bottom of the market and try not to break ranks. The only hope of finding a Breakthrough Price is to shop, in person, at all the dealers in your region. The Internet sales people will not break ranks except as bait to get you to come in. But if you are in the right dealer at the right time and you look like a real, paying customer---you might get lucky with a lease that seems rock bottom. I have leased probably 8 cars and have only had the discipline and luck to make this happen once. Usually I am content with a minimum of shopping and the Ground Floor Price. But when I did get a Breakthrough Price, some real magic happened. This lease cost was so much lower than all others quoted. I called back my local dealer and politely told him that I had such a better deal that I had to say no. He took my price, grumped a bit and said, "Look, you are going to come here to get your car serviced. I might as well put you in the car instead of giving it away to a rival across the state border. I'll match it." And that was that. Like I said, it is hard to get that kind of leverage on the average Infiniti dealer who has models that are reasonably popular. But these are hard times and anything can happen. The lesson is that you have to get out there and see as many dealers as you can. You have to be knowledgeable but not threatening--and a little lucky. Most people do not like to shop like this and have little tolerance for more than one or two dealer sales experiences. But if you have the stomach and discipline for it, "the process gets you the price." Otherwise, armed with what you learn in this forum, the worst you will do is get a decent Ground Floor Price/lease.

This is my layman's assessment of the lease market. Maybe the Breakthrough Price is an illusion and I am always only finding the Ground Floor Price at best. Dealer types who weigh in on this forum may think I am nuts. Doug
    Looking at the G37x sedan + prem +nav (splash guards, mat/net) as well w/MSRP 41380. However, I'll need 17k mi/yr which I'm told is .10/mi.

If I don't pay the 1100 and spread that over the life of the lease as well as add the extra miles over your 10k, I'm getting 506.53/month. (I realize that I can't just jump from 10k to 17k miles/yr and multiply by .10 likely since the MF and RV may change)

I've been quoted cap 39681.98, MF .00165, 39mon/17k mile, no money down and 54%RV with monthly payment of 555.55, inclusive of 3% sales tax in my state. Is that a good deal or should I be expecting closer to above.
    leases are simple to understand if you treat it like a form of financing: negotiate a purchase price, as low as you can get. and then follow the formula to calculate the monthly payments before taxes and tag on the taxes.

In my case, the purchase price is 33895 for a g37x+p+n. If I were to lease, I would have taken the infiniti financing which would have put the capitalized costs to 33895+2500=36K. the 1100 has no down payments, just 1st monthly payment + TTL, which you will pay regardless.

so you should ask the dealer if you are getting financing from infiniti and if so, that will establish the basis for mf / residual as well as the $2500 (it is either discount or in lieu of infiniti financing). if not, you should get the $2500 discount.

assuming that you do take infiniti financing, get the car for 33895+2500, 39 month, 0.00125mf and 54% rv, zero down, your monthly payment comes out to be $433 + taxes.

assuming that you do NOT take infiniti financing, get the car for 33895, 39 month, 0.00165 mf, 54% rv, zero down, your monthly payment comes out to be $388.

the key is to figure out what deal you are getting.
  • getzstewiegetzstewie Member Posts: 4
    Let me tell you about my situation.
    I have an offer for a 2009 g37x with just sunroof and the usual splash guards, mats etc.
    MSRP $37,930
    total cap $35,562
    residual 56%
    money factor .0005
    trade in $1500.00
    $400.00/mo tax included for 39month and 10k miles
    Cash due on delivery 2603.54 not including the $1500.00 for the trade in.
    I do not want to pay this much upfront, but want to keep the payment at $400.00
    I guess what I'm saying is compared to the deals people are getting this seems a lot higher for a car with no premium and no nav.
    What can I do to get the upfront payment down to just my trade-in and first mthly pmt with reg up front?
    it is not clear how much of that (upfront + trade-in) is against the purchase price of the car (capitalized costs) or dealer fees.

but the first issue you need to resolve is the purchase price of the car. People are getting g37x+premium+navigation under $34K (cash purchase). and your car is about 4K cheaper in msrp so you do the math.

have that fixed first and then you can discuss leasing.
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    to understand these lease deals, as we see from all the questions.

I suggest you work it from the purchase-side first. Find out what you can buy the vehicle for FIRST. MSRP - discounts - your haggling. Here in New England dealers are knocking off over $7K, on a plentiful inventory of G37X's. In this economy there is no such thing as a "hot" car in "short-supply".

Anyway find out what the interest rate on a loan would be, and get a monthly payment - 72 month would do as they more closely represents the depreciation rate of these cars. Now when you have that number, I'd say "what if I lease it, what would my payment be?".

If your lease payment isn't quite a bit less than the cost to buy the vehicle, I'd buy it. Especially if you're a high-mileage driver.

You're going to be really confused if you go thru all the different scenarios and fees of a lease. The real comparision you want to do is LEASE VS. BUY, evn if you have no intention of buying the vehicle. Only in that way will anyone be able to compare if they are getting a good deal, OR are you simply getting a good lease deal.
    "assuming that you do take infiniti financing, get the car for 33895+2500, 39 month, 0.00125mf and 54% rv, zero down, your monthly payment comes out to be $433 + taxes."

Thanks for the excellent advice. Unless I get this price or close due to my higher miles, I'll pass. From what I understand, oil changes are still every 3750mi which I'll have to factor into the overall costs of maintenance for as many miles as I'll be driving.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    assuming that you do NOT take infiniti financing, get the car for 33895, 39 month, 0.00165 mf, 54% rv, zero down, your monthly payment comes out to be $388

Are there any other leasing options besides IFS? I thought all Infiniti leases went thru IFS.
    "Are there any other leasing options besides IFS? I thought all Infiniti leases went thru IFS."

the answer is yes and no.

you can in theory find 3rd party lessor. But thanks to the credit crisis, that has largely gone away. As a result, most lease financing is done via OEM.
  • fitzgibbons1fitzgibbons1 Member Posts: 1
    I just received a quote on a 2010 Infiniti G37 Journey Sedan, premium package, blue slate with graphite interior. 36 months, 15K miles. Money factor of .00172. Residual of 58% which comes out to $21,729.70. I have to see the final numbers although I am supposed to put down a little less than $1600 which is the doc fee, 1st month and one other charge, and with tax included (8.1% in NV), my payment is supposed to be $569. I also have $1000 in loyalty cash to use on the deal as well. How am I doing with this deal?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You didn't include a selling price, that makes it kind of tough to evaluate the deal. Just based on the payment, and the fact you are paying all of the lease costs up front instead of rolling into the lease it does not look that good of a deal. The way to really evaluate the deal is to get the selling price and compare it to invoice and to what others here are paying.

Of course its a 2010 and there isn't much pricing data here. The dealers are going to make you think the car is worth a lot more then an 09 so they aren't going to discount it as well.

Come March and April when the car market is still in the tank they will be back to invoice pricing.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • mddavidmddavid Member Posts: 2
    Why lease if you are such a high mileage driver? Unless you get a tax break/write off, it is probably better to buy. Over the course of your lease, you will be paying $21,666 in lease payments. Anyway, I just purchased a 2009 G37x sedan with Premium and NAV, cargo net, wheel locks. MSRP was 41,230. Purchase price was $34,300. Dealer cost as per truecar.com and per the dealer was $200 more than that. The dealer incentives are constantly changing, so the deal I got might be different (better or worse) tomorrow.

If I leased the car, the price would have been $3000 higher due to the Infiniti incentives which are different for leases vs buying. My lease price in NY state would have been $465 (includes NY sales tax). Prior to heavy negotiation, the number was $499 per month. I think your lease price is too high. Before negotiation, I was quoted $547 per month (all my lease numbers are for 12,000 miles per year, so you need to adjust for that).

Good luck!
  • BMW540BMW540 Member Posts: 33
    My wife is looking at the G37. so far we have only driven a base Journey model as a loner for My M45 Does anybody know how the 10 stacks up to the 09? How much better of a ride is the Sport sedan.over the regular? We usually lease our cars through our company and buy them at the end of the lease.
    Thanks BMW
    See BMW540's response above as to why I would like to lease. If you have your own business, current US tax law favors business leases. Consult a good accountant as to what advantages might be had. In the scenario I'm describing, lowest monthly payment is clearly not the goal.
  • civilbencivilben Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the latest lease residuals and money factor for the convertible? Thanks in advance.
    Does anyone have lease rates for the G37x yet this month?
  • casp80casp80 Member Posts: 17
    I currently lease a 2008 Infiniti G35x from Infiniti Financial Services (IFS). The lease about to end next month and the residual on the lease is $27850. I talked to IFS and asked them if they would be willing to sell the car to me for a lesser price. I was told that IFS does not negotiate lease buyout/residual prices. So, it looks like my only option looks to buy this car is at the residual price. Does this sound right? Has anyone negotiated a lower payoff with IFS? Please let me know.
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Call your local dealer. When you return your Infiniti after the lease matures, the dealer will sell it as a CPO (Certified Pre-owned) as long as it meets the conditions. When that happens, the dealer buys the Infiniti from IFS to be sold on the dealership floor. The dealer obviously pays wholesale for the car from IFS in order to turn a profit. Contact your local dealer to see if they are willing to buy your Infiniti from IFS after you turn it in and then buy it for a lower price, which in fix can be lower than the Residual Value.

Residual value = $27,850.
    Dealer pays IFS $23,000 to CPO your car
    Dealer sells you the car for $24,500
    Dealer makes $1,500
    You save $3,350

And that pretty much sums it up...
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Residual value = $27,850.
    Dealer pays IFS $23,000 to CPO your car
    Dealer sells you the car for $24,500
    Dealer makes $1,500
    You save $3,350

I assume this is a 24 months lease w/ 24k miles w/ Premium package? The chance that you can buy this CPO car for 24.5 is very slim, 28.5-29.5k is more realistic.

27.8K is not a great price but if you like the car and you know everything about the car it's a good deal, imo.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 G37 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 61%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

This car's payment will depend upon what its selling price is. Assuming that you were able to negotiate a $2,500 dealer discount on the car that you mentioned (MSRP $43,815), I estimate that it's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $523.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi shelbymom. Is your I35 completely paid off? If so then you are essentially making a $6,500 down payment on your new lease. That's way too much money to put down. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Those who make large down payments risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

There's nothing wring with trading in your I35 when leasing a new car, just have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it.

The best way to tell if you are getting a good deal on the G37 that you want is to look at both transactions, the trade and the new purchase, separately.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi carbok. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2010 G37X Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00204 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi civilben. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. you never mentioned what either of these variables are, so I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2009 G37 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00183 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings getzstewie. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. you never mentioned what either of these variables are, so I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 G37X Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00191 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    sorry carman.. was actually wondering if there Infiniti was still offering lease support on the 2009 Infiniti G37x for 39 months 10k miles. Thanks.
  • ghetto2315ghetto2315 Member Posts: 40
    Thank you Car_man. I was actually inquiring about the Coupe and not the Sedan. Also, were the quoted residual and MF you gave me for January? I assume so but may be wrong because I know some manufacturers extended the December programs. Thank you!
  • allagarooallagaroo Member Posts: 88
    Thanks Carman. I assume that for 10000 mile lease the residual is still 2% higher than 15000? Worked the numbers for 2010 G37xS for 36 and 39 months and I got app. a $10 difference per month based on the numbers you just posted..
  • chirostuffchirostuff Member Posts: 10
    Philly area
    Please i need the help

The particulars
    Sticker 44.825
    60% residual 12k
    61% residual 10k
    00191.00 money factor

1300 down includes first month, TTL, Doc Fees

514.15 10k tax included on both
    526.45 12k
    I now own my M45 Sport - 06 which I bought out of its 39 month lease.When the lease had just about matured, I didn't want to pay approx 32K for the buyout. I asked them if I could lease it for another year. They said no, however I could extend the lease for three more months, which I did. About 2 to 3 weeks later, I received an offer from Infiniti to buy the car for 22K. Jumped on that! Many of my friends had similar experiences at that time with various brands. Dealers just did not want any more cars back at that time.Maybe times have changed, but you never know!
    BMW
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    casp80, that's interesting that they offered to let you extend your 06 M45 Sport lease for 3 more months. Back in February 2009, they only let me extend the 39 month lease on my 06 M45 Sport for 2 more months, until the end of April 2009. I wanted to extend it 6 months or more but they said a 2 month extension was the maximum. They also didn't even offer a lower price to buy the car but I wouldn't have bought it anyway.
    Is it better to lease a 09 or 10 at this time of the year, financially speaking of course. I have heard that there are not a lot of changes scheduled for the 10 model. I lease through my company and try to buy the car at the end of the lease. Would be looking at a loaded model, maybe even a sport.
    BMW
  • jbrady3324jbrady3324 Member Posts: 42
    What cap cost should I aim for on a 2009 g37x w/ premium package?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    The lease residual will be lower on the 2009, giving you a lower sell price to yourself at the end of the lease. Plus the payments are less due to the lower money factor, $1000 Sell down cash from Infiniti, and bigger discounts from dealer. Problem is finding one now...sports will be tough. :)
    getz - Residual is 56% on a 10k/yr - 39 month lease on AWD 09 G37 sedan.
    Shoot for about 8% off MSRP (that will get you down to about invoice ) - another $1000 from there (Sell down cash available on leases).
    casp80 - you are right, IFS will not negotiate a buyout.

Think about it from their end. You signed a contract, you wanted the residual to be as high as possible, so you could have the cheapest payments possible. Now, that your at the end - they won't lower the price (can't have best of both worlds). And yes, the will lose money on that car at the auction, but they know they will get the most at the auction - they do not have trained people who can negotiate over the phone with you.

Now, a dealer can call Infiniti and possibly buy the vehicle, but for your residual - you may be able to find a certified 08 on your local lot or course Infiniti wants you to just lease another new one! :)