Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz S-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mjr26mjr26 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Car man.....there are a few 2010 S550's still on lots despite the fact that 2011's are out. There is 1 particular one (2010 S550 4Matic) I am looking at being sold by a local Mercedes dealer....it has 5,500 miles but has never been titled by dealer. They said they can do a lease on it and gave me a residual of 48% of 36 months....12k miles....and MF of .00330. Is Mercedes still leasing 2010 models? Or could the dealer be using another bank besides Mercedes Financial?

In other words....if Mercedes Financial is the lease bank on this loan....can you tell me what the current MF and residual is on this 2010 car? I am thinking the dealer might be marking the MF up from what it really is to make a profit but I can't find residuals or MF's for 1 year old cars anywhere...I can only find them for 2011 models. I guess if this dealer is using a different bank than Mercedes Financial....then there really is no way for me to find out the true MF or residual, is there? (meaning I'll have to go by what they say the numbers are).
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey mjr26. Technically one could still lease a 2010 model, however Mercedes is not providing lease support on '10s any longer. Combine that with the low residual values that a '10 would have this late in the model year and you may find that if you want to lease that you will be better off going with a 2011 model.

I believe that MB Financial's current buy rate standard lease money factor is .00240 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier. The money factor that you were quoted definitely looks high to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mm1250mm1250 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2011
    Hello Car_man,

Mercedes is running S-Class 4matic lease during May for $1249/mo on a 39months - 32,5k miles.

Do you know what residual and money factor is being used to base that rate? I've been having trouble finding dealers willing to honer that lease offer from Benz. Also, would you know residual value for 39k miles?
    I sure do mm1250. Mercedes'Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 S550 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00094 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year, 39,000 total, would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Car man,
    Can you post the residual and money factors for S 550 RWD for 2011 june? 15K miles. 27 month term, 39 month and 48 months?
    Here you go shawn757. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 S550 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00072 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00072 and 47%.

The 48 month numbers are .00072 and 38%.

If the S550 is eligible for Mercedes' "Value Added" program then you probably will be able to use the 24 and 36 month terms for 27 and 39 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have numbers on a 2012 S350 4matic with Premium package 2 and S400 too? Terms are 24 or 27 months and 10k mi/yr.

And does it make sense to get those vs the S550? Would it be considerably cheaper since MSRP are relatively closee
  • kblll02kblll02 Member Posts: 2
    any idea on the 2012 S550 4matic residual values . what are the lease deals in Northern NJ. looking to lease one in the next 30 days
    thx
    Hi kblll02. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00114 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ymnik777ymnik777 Member Posts: 8
    Hello CarMan

Do you know current residual and money factor for S350 Bluetec lease ? I'm interested in 24, 27 or 36 months lease with 10K or 12K miles pre year.

Thank you.
    Hello ymnik777. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S350 Bluetec with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 69% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 56%.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you
  • bmw745ion19sbmw745ion19s Member Posts: 1
    Hey Carman, Could you please provide me with CPO lease rates, I know Mercedes is one of the few companies that does CPO leases up to 8 model years old. I need a lease for tax reasons otherwise id buy used and pay cash.

I would be very appreciative if you could give me the basics of CPO leases with them as there is little info on the net. I already am very aware of fair selling prices of the cars I like just need to know lease terms as in the money factor, acq fees, and residuals. Id like as little out of pocket as possible, 0 Down etc. Please quote both 12k and 15k miles per year. Id consider 36 months but prefer 24 months.

07,08, & 09 S, SL, & CL classes
    11-13 E Class

Also any other highline brands doing CPO leases?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
    You're very welcome ymnik777.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bmw745ion19s. Unfortunately, given the fact that CPO leases are significantly less popular than new vehicle leases and yet have a large number of variables to keep track of, I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' used vehicle lease programs. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
  • broadbanddbroadbandd Member Posts: 6
    Hi, Car_man and everybody, I am offered below lease package. Does it sound like a good deal? If not, what point should I bargin? Does't MF sound too high?

It is a 2013 base model S550.

36 month lease
    7,500 miles/yr
    MF 0.00195
    58% Residual ($56,361)
    $3,000 cash down
    $1088 +tax/mo
    +/-$1182/mo

24 month lease
    7,500 miles/yr
    MF 0.00195
    71% Residual ($68,994)
    $3,000 cash down
    $987 +tax/mo
    +/-$1072/mo
  • ariazariaz Member Posts: 77
    Hi Car_man,
    please post RV and MF for 24 months 10k or 12k miles for S550 4matic
    Thanks
    Hi broadbandd. You are correct, the money factor that you were quoted is too high. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate for the 2013 S550 is only .00160 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses that money factor to calculate your payment.

You never mentioned this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is more difficult to tell how large a discount you are being given and in turn if there is room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Mercedes has $4,000 Winter Event certificates out there on this car right now. Make sure to take them into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2013
    Here you go ariaz. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S550 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 70% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • broadbanddbroadbandd Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, Car_man. MSRP is 97150.
    You're welcome broadbandd. The MSRP is different than the selling price. Do you know what selling price the dealer is giving you?

Car_man
    Host
  • amirasamiras Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_man! Can you please let me know the residual and MF for a 2012 S550 24 months/7,500 miles/yr?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Angel
    Greetings Angel. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S550 without 4Matic with 7,500 miles per year are .00127 and 71% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing lease support on the 2012 version of this car. I can look into what it's lease program would be for you, but I suspect that the payments on 2013 models are more attractive at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • ericeserices Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man

Can you please tell me what the money factor and lease residual for:
    2013 s550 4Matic
    24 months 7500 miles?
    what is the discount for 1 pay of the lease?
    also, what dealer cash is there?
    thank you!
    edited March 2013
    Hi erices. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S550 4Matic with 7,500 miles per year are .00139 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I haven't looked into it lately, but the last time I checked Mercedes-Benz Financial's money factor reduction for a 1 pay lease was .00110.

Mercedes has $3,500 "Customer 1" certificates out there on this model. See if you can get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • gs80gs80 Member Posts: 10
    Car Man,

Did the money factor go from .00127 in February to .00139 in March? I was comparing your replies to an S550 with non-4matic from February. Also the residual was 71% for a 24 month lease of a non-4matic in February vs. 59% for a 4matic in March. Am I comparing Apples to Oranges?

Thanks.
    Hi gs80. You're comparing oranges to tangerines perhaps :). The money factor is still .00127 on the non-4Matic and .00139 on the 4Matic version of this car. The 24-month, 15k residual value for a '13 S550 is 67%. The resid is 1% higher on the 4Matic model.

Car_man
    Host
  • gs80gs80 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Car_Man. That helps me.
    I'm glad that I could help you out gs80. See you around.

Car_man
    Host
  • kblll02kblll02 Member Posts: 2
    hi
    does anyone know money factor and residual value for 2013 S550 4MAtic for 24 month lease (12k and 15k miles). the dealer is saying that since they have a new redesigned model, 24 month is better than 36 month lease
    also what is the selling price in the northern NJ area? I am seeing MSRP @ about 102K
    thx
    K
    Hi kblll02. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00139 and 68% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The selling price for this car will be whatever you are able to negotiate. I am not personally familiar with what the market is like for the S-Class in your area right now, but I can point you in the right direction. you can look up this car's dealer invoice price in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. There's $3,500 in dealer cash certificates out there on this model right now. Shoot for as close a selling price as you can get to dealer invoice minus the dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man:
    Do you have the May residuals and MF for the 2013 S550 4-matic and non 4Matic?
    7,500 miles/yr and 18, 24 and 30 months.
    Thanks!
    Here you go amiras. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S550 4Matic with 7,500 miles per year are .00119 and 72% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00119 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    What about the non 4-Matic? Thanks in advance!
    carman:
    Do you have the June numbers for 24 months, 7,500 miles/yr for both S550's?
    Thanks!
    Hi amiras. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S550 with 7,500 miles per year are .00106 and 71% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • blevan7blevan7 Member Posts: 2
    I have my 48 month lease coming to end shortly. Lease-end buyout option is $37k. The car is in excellent condition with under 30k miles! So, I am considering buying it out. Any ideas if this is a fair price? I did some quick checks, e.g. Edmunds TMV and it looks fair but may be I am missing something. It will be plus taxes and $150 fee to buy out. Most importantly, can the buyout price be negotiated with MB Financial? I mean has anyone had success with this? If I approach them, not sure what to tell them about the miles, they may like me returning it if they have an idea of its good condition and not negotiate the price at all.. Thanks.
  • ybseriousybserious Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone booked the new 2014 s550? I am trying to get one and just wondering what money people are paying for this car. I woudl like to know lease, finance, outright options people are willing to pay for the car. please let me know deals that have already been made.

thanks
  • mafitchmafitch Member Posts: 15
    My local dealer has a 2013 S350 with an MSRP of 103K. They won't tell me the money factor, but every time they tinker with the numbers it looks like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. They are discounting the car 10K, the are offering 18, 24 or 36 month leases and saying I can put anywhere from 2k down which makes the payments around 1,500 or 7K down which makes the payments around 1,235.

I feel like their residuals are low, especially on a diesel, but I don't know. I've owned 4 Mercedes, but I've bought them all. Is there any data out there that can help me?
  • roman7roman7 Member Posts: 15
    Hi car_man! I have a question to you about 2013 S550 4 matic , MSRP $109745, sale price $97245, lease 30 months, out of pocket $6393 to drive out, dealer fees $499 +$20, 10K per year.
    The question is how much are payments will be using these numbers before taxes?
    Please help me out to find out!
    Thank you!
  • roblawroblaw Member Posts: 17
    Carman:

I am considering a preowned S550 lease in lieu of a new E350. I am trying to figure out if the costs would be comparable since the sale price may be. Does MB have decent used car lease rates? I would think depreciation would be lower for a 3 year lease of a 3 year old S550 and therefore the residual would be higher as a percentage of capitalized cost.

What are your thoughts.

Thanks.
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you help with current lease numbers for 2013 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 BlueTEC 4MATIC for 10,12k/yr leases.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Standard money factor (.00225 maybe?) and 57% or 56% residual respectively for 36 month leases...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• renzo007renzo007 Member Posts: 3
    I am considering the lease of a new 2013 S550, according to dealer they are making attractive deals equal to $500 less per month than 2014s. Any thoughts?

Also, my wife will likely order a new 2014 ml. What extra level of price leverage does 2cars at once get you?

Many thx! This forum helped me get a great deal on my last E class
    I'd say that is about right.... the money factor is a lot lower on the 2013 model, while the residual is only 3% less.. I don't know the incentives, but assuming the discount from MSRP is $10K more on the 2013 model, then the difference is an easy $500-$600 per month on a 36 month lease...

Buying two cars? I'm not sure that helps a lot... It might make a salesperson happy, but it's not that big of a deal to the person that sets the prices... it can't hurt, though..

I'd bargain really, really hard on the S-Class, though.. Most buyers in the $150K range want the latest and greatest.... Year-old S-Classes might be a hard unit to sell... If that's what you want, you might get a great deal..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• renzo007renzo007 Member Posts: 3
    Thx, what would you consider an attainable discount on '13 with no mileage?

And for a '13 with a few thousand miles?
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi,

Could you provide current rates on '13 S550/S550 4Matic for best term.

Thanks
    The lease program is the same for both models.
    Standard money factor and residual of 46% for 36mo, 15K/yr

24 month residual is 59%..

Those residuals seem low, but aren't that much lower than a 2014 model... So, the lease payment might be high, but it wouldn't take a huge discount over the 2014 model to make for a lower lease payment, comparitively...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello CarMan.

Could you please post 2013 S350 RV and money factor for 24 months lease 12K a year.

Thanks.
    2013 S350 Bluetec 24mo, 12K/yr lease
    Standard money factor and 64% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator