Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    gundy35gundy35 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks I got it! great car
  • Options
    hmacleodhmacleod Member Posts: 4
    Hi Gundy,

Do you know if this is a good deal? I'm trying to decide if I should attempt to negotiate any more.

Jetta SE lease with 12,000 miles a year:

MSRP: $22,400
    $325 total out of pocket to cover license fee
    12,000 miles per year
    35 x $295 plus tax

Thanks!!
    Heather
  • Options
    gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    VW offers GAP in their leases, therefore you don't need to get it through your insurance carrier.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Decent deal. Check ridewithg.com to see the numbers on his recent jetta wolfsburg lease.
  • Options
    hmacleodhmacleod Member Posts: 4
    Woohoo...that's good news! Thanks.
  • Options
    pappas3pappas3 Member Posts: 1
    hi, my jetta lease is about to end in may and i am having trouble deciding whether to lease or finance my next jetta. i like to lease but this time around i am going to need over 1000 mi a month so that is a concern. i also hear that maintenance on a vw can be very expensive when there is no warranty and something needs repair, is that true? the local vw dealership (new country vw) is also very good to deal with...thanks
  • Options
    jettruejettrue Member Posts: 3
    Hi! I'm in the market for a new car, but technically, I'm really in the market about 4 months from now. I'm trying to be fiscally responsible by power paying off my student loan, and I should be done in 4 months.

I got antsy, and test drove a Jetta, and promptly fell in love. I got a good rate for a lease (at least I think), and the salesman is telling me that if I wait, the rates could change a good bit, and I could be paying a lot more. Is this true? Is there a better time of year to lease a VW? Here's the current rates:

"The residual value will be based on 48% 50% or 51%& at 15K, 12K, or 10K miles respectively.The money factor is .00032."

Thanks for any info!
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jettrue. While it is possible that Volkswagen's lease program for the Jetta could be worse several months from now, it is probably equally likely that its program will be better. No one knows for certain at this point. It is in a salesperson's best interest to create a sense of urgency in buyers to get them to purchase a vehicle from them ASAP.

If you were currently leasing something and had to waste your final four payments to get into a new vehicle now, I'd definitely tell you to wait to lease something new. That is not the case however. VW's current lease program for the Jetta isn't bad, if you like the car and feel as though you have negotiated a low selling price on it I don't see anything wrong with getting one now just in case.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    jettruejettrue Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and did it. The residual was actually 56%, the MF .00073.

I ended up rolling the rest of my student loan into the lease- this made sense because my student loan was 7.5% interest. It may cost me a little be more, but not by much.

I have another leasing question --- does it make sense to pay a little more on the lease each month, so that at the end of the lease, it's less expensive to roll into a new lease? Or to buy the car? Does anyone do this? I didn't put any money down.

Thanks!

ETA: I'm just realizing how dumb my question sounded. I'll just put any extra money in a savings account, then decide what to do with it. :)
  • Options
    aj121aj121 Member Posts: 1
    I have been negotiating with a local dealer, on a 3yr/36,000 mile lease. i will be trading in a car worth 2k and putting down an extra 1000. so its going to be:

2010 Jetta SE
    3yr/36k
    $3000 down
    239/month.

Is this a good deal?
    Will be closing deal within the week..thanks
  • Options
    chuck10553chuck10553 Member Posts: 9
    Hi i am looking to get a 2010 Jetta SE or 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg. Im wondering if anyone knows the lease factor and residual % for april or if they have changed from march... not sure if location matters but im in Wisconsin...

Thanks!
  • Options
    You're welcome, jettrue. It seems as though you have already realized this, leases are not like loans. There's absolutely no benefit to paying any more than you have to each month. Put that money into your savings account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi aj121. I see that you are trading in your current vehicle when you lease your new one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing so, however it would be in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your car rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Those who make large down payments risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It's safer to go with a zero down lease.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but it would bee much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide us with this car's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, chuck10553. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "A" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg are .00073 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks! also what would it be for 12,000 a year for 36 months?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Just figured i would repost this.... what would a 2010 jetta se residual and lease factor be for april wil 12000 miles per year for 3 years
    thanks
  • Options
    You're very welcome, chuck10553. VW credit's residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey chuck10553. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its A credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    zgcozgco Member Posts: 5
    Just got these numbers for a Wolfsburg:
    MSRP: $24065
    Selling Price: $23273
    Residual: 62%
    MF: .00073
    Aquisition: $625
    0 down
    Monthly with all fees and taxes rolled in: 422.93?

Is this close to a fair deal? If not, with which numbers can I work to get the monthly down. Thanks in advance. (I also posted numbers for a Tiguan Wolfsburg in the Tiguan thread)
  • Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Why is your payment so high? What fees did you have incurred?
  • Options
    tspinningtspinning Member Posts: 1
    Hey all, think it worked out well, but wanted to post my numbers to help guide others:

2010 Jetta SE - PZEV
    Black w/ beige int- all options - 5 speed
    MSRP $21,495
    Sale $20,556
    Cap cost red: *$700
    Actual Sales Price: $19,856
    MF .00077
    Res. 55%

Total monthly payment $293.98
    (Base payment $276.36 + $17.27tax)

*We paid only first month lease payment at time of sale plus $700 for the SafeLease program but they credited that back in sales price reduction.

Thanks to all here for the information, and a special thanks to my buddy at the dealership (Parts/warehouse manager) who helped leverage the sales price. As usual, it's not just what you know but who!
  • Options
    wbmstrzwbmstrz Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know the lease numbers or a Jetta SE 48 month lease with 12,000 miles a year and 15,000 miles a year? Wanted to know what will be a good deal with no down.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    aspettoaspetto Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to lease a VW Jetta at a Southern CA dealer in San Juan Capistrano, They are telling me that VW charges a $350,00 return fee on all leases. I have never heard of this. I know people that have leased Chevy, Honda, Fords, Nissans and BMW they said they never had to pay a return fee. Understand this is not a fee coving any damage of any kind it is just the fee to return the car from a lease. Please advise if this is in fact a common fee for every VW Lease out there.
    Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Disposition fees are pretty common (BMW has them, too).

Generally, they are waived, if you lease another car from the same make/bank..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi wbmstrz. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 46%, respectively.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least its MSRP and invoice price).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    bill276bill276 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the lease numbers for the jetta SE 24 months at 10,000 miles and 12,000 miles per year? Also looking at the TDI with the same months and miles. Thanks
  • Options
    Greetings bill276. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 62%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan TDI are .00202 and 69%.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on the TDI, but its standard money factors aren't bad and its recently enhanced residual values for this model are outstanding.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, the above residuals would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2010
    This is what I was quoted:
    MSRP 19,270
    36 month lease 10 000 miles/year
    On the Limited Jetta with manual transmission, rolling in your taxes but with you paying your 1st month's payment, registration and bank fee it would be 255/month with 1,140 out of pocket. Thoughts?''

This I guess is no thrills, and I am willing to pay $300/month. Can you upgrade the limited edition? Is there any way of lowering the out of pocket?

Cheers,
    Hugo
  • Options
    any chance I could get the MF and residual on the jetta Limited edition, 36month/10k miles

also the same for a jetta wolsburg edition

any incentives right now for these two?

Thanks guys!
    Hugo
  • Options
    I am being quoted an MSRP of $23,335 and a cap cost of $23,147 There is nothing added extra into what I am looking at and Edmunds is giving me an MSRP of $22,915 with a TMV of $22,057. That ends up being a pretty steep difference, right? Or am I missing something?

I am still really hoping on a feedback on the last two messages I sent above. Also had one at the Tiguan thread...help!!!
  • Options
    I did some more numbers: if the msrp on the wolsburg is $22.915 and I am looking to do a 36month/10k lease, what can I realistically shoot for on cap cost?
    Edmunds TMV at $22057 with $625 bank fee and 8.875 taxes rolled in would bring me to $326.11/month
    This is with 00073(incentivized money factor) and 56% residual value as quoted to me by the dealer.
    Plus $653.61 out of pocket for first month and dmv
    According to TMV pricing report, the invoice incl. destination fee is $21,657
    At that price I would be at $314.26/month
    Can I negotiate down even further?
  • Options
    one12secstione12secsti Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I'm looking for a 36 month lease on this car. The dealer told me $3,000 down and payments of $249 a month. Is this the deal to take? dealer said it includes free service for the lease period. Nothings really involved more than oil changes and tire rotations.
    Thanks, William
  • Options
    what's the msrp & actual sales price of the car and how many miles per year?
  • Options
    sorry, also, are you paying tax and bank fee upfront?
  • Options
    Hi William,

I am looking at getting the same car right now for 36 month/10k miles
    If you were to get the standard Wolfsburg, nothing added, which according to Edmunds has an MSRP of $22.915, the dealer is not giving you a break at all, and charging you at full MSRP, which I think is a pretty bad deal, you calculate with the 56% residual value the car has and use the .00073 money factor, which apparently is VW's incentive for this car right now (May), you put down $3000 upfront and pay your tax and bank fee (plus you will have to pay first month and DMV, which over here in New York is another$337.50) out of pocket, my calculation show that you should be paying $154.24 a month!! So, either I am missing something, the dealer is loading up your car with all kinds of packages and the actual sales price is way higher than what I am looking at, or this guy is seriously taking you for a ride! In any case, I would keep the $3000, it's not like you are investing into something. At the end of the lease you have to give the car back and are left with nothing. See what that deal looks like with no money down, then you really know what you are paying
    Check this website: it explains how to calculate the deal yourself. That's what I used:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/lease07.htm
    and the following two pages
    Hope this helped,
    Hugo
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I feel like giving up, as I haven't gotten answer on anything I have posted in the lst week, but Here is is one more try:
    what's MF and residual value on a 36/10k lease for the Jetta se sportswagon (with sunroof) if that makes a difference.
    Also, aparenty there are no insentives for that car this month...true? ...any idea what they might offer for June?
  • Options
    jb1105jb1105 Member Posts: 5
    HI there, Car Man!
    I am very impressed with your posts on Edmunds and am hoping you can help me out.
    I am currently in a "mess!"

Have a 2008 VW Komfort Passat - did a 36,000 mi 36 mo lease. Am ALREADY at 36K miles and have an entire year left! ARRRGH! When I called VW credit about purchasing additional miles they first told me that this model car wasn't "eligible??!!!" (I was NEVER told this by my dealership!!) Then after I "complained" (to put it mildly!) they gave me a "deal" (as I'd already leased 3 other VW's in the past) of $.20/mi for 12K miles more. That's an additional $2400 for the year for the 12k miles! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm thinking I want OUT of this deal!
    Your thoughts??

Options are a Jetta (like them - had two in the past) or a Toyota as I'm banking on some great deals out there due to their whole "mess."

I would GREATLY appreciate your help/guidance! Single Gal here - HATE being taken advantage of!!
    Sincerely,
    Janice
  • Options
    You certainly can, Hugo. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Jetta Sedan Limited Edition with 10,000 miles per year are .00077 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Jetta Wolfsburg Edition are .00073 and 56%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a small $250 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Jetta through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi hugo5. Please see my previous post for the answer to your questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks Janice. As expensive as it is to purchase additional miles, it could even be more expensive to get out of your lease early. You can either make all of your remaining payments and let the car sit in your driveway / give it back or you can purchase your Passat and attempt to sell it to someone else / trade it in.

Place a call directly to Volkswagen Credit to see how much it would cost you to purchase your car now. You don't even necessarily have to buy it today. You can put as many miles as you want on it and not have to pay any sort of penalty as long as you buy it at lease-end. Purchasing your Passat only makes sense though if you are willing to continue driving it or if it is worth around the same amount as a trade or private sale. You actually have $2,400 in wiggle room there since you would have had to pay that as an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Car man,

thanks fo rgetting back. I looked back at your previous post and am not sure I am finding the answer:

I am ready to now please the Jetta Sportswagen, se with sunroof,for a 36/10k this weekend.
    The dealer is really pushing for me to get it before Monday. I guess something special is gonna happen with this car next month, or the tdi's are gonna get really cheap?
    Anyways, I thought I had gotten the deal of a life time, but I did my calculations with these numbers, that were given to me by another dealer: (totally different from the jetta limited and wolfsburg)

msrp (checked with Edmundes) $2529
    mf 00033
    residual 50%
    1k down plus first month & dmv
    taxes and bank fee rolled in
    they will make my last payment on my old lease with another car company (almost $450)
    $340/month

What do you think?
    and can you give me the correct mf and residual for the wagon se?
    Hugo
  • Options
    that is a $25290 msrp, not 2529...duh,sorry
  • Options
    You're welcome, Hugo. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sportswagen SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00033 and 50%, respectively just as you were quoted.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    henryh68henryh68 Member Posts: 1
    With no money down, what do you think of a suggested monthly lease amount of $CDN464.00? Is the dealer ripping me off?
  • Options
    faf_01faf_01 Member Posts: 6
    Looking to lease a car for my daughter...
    Here are the numbers:
    MSRP $19,620.00
    36 months/30k miles
    payment- $235.02/month (NY state tax of $750.53 is included).
    Purchase option/residual - $11,141.00
    Due at signing - $1291.49 = 1st month, bank fee ($625.00), dmv/doc fees ($363.50), tag/dealer tax/fee ($67.97)

Is it a very good deal or it can be better?
  • Options
    We need a new tab for 2011 Jetta!!
  • Options
    This is so exciting!! The new design looks so Audi like! It is a bit bigger, which in my preference is a good thing. It doesn't look bloated either. Hopefully, it handles just as well!! The interior looks so classy. The base cost of the car is slightly under the current generation model. Good move VW.

Also, this will mean eventual good deals on the current model. So we all should start seeing excellent leases. I would be willing to get the current model. Though my lease would be up next year and get the new look!!! This is so exciting.

We need a new Tab for the 2011 Jetta!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    If you have a lease question about the 2011 Jetta, then post it here..

If you want to start a new discussion about the 2011 Jetta (not related to leases or prices paid), then go here: Future Vehicles

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I didn't see a forum there. But just like when the Accord had a new 08 model. We added a new tab before it officially came out. VW just launched its new design and I believe is to be on sale on the fall. Are we not adding a new tab under VW, until it actually arrives? Either way, doesn't really matter. Just wondered.

But, it looks like I am the only one discussing it..lol. Surely there are plenty of VW fans out there.
  • Options
    danarengadanarenga Member Posts: 9
    Hello,
    I would greatly appreciate any information regarding money factor and residual value for the lease of a 2010 jetta (both SE and limited edition). 36000 miles / 3 year. If this is of any help, I will be leasing from COlumbus, OH.

Thank you so much! Dana
This discussion has been closed.