Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• dizzy007dizzy007 Member Posts: 7
    Carman,

Looking for 15,000 / year, 36 month, M.F. and residual on:
    Passat 3.6 4motion
    Passat 3.6 wagon 4motion

Do these change May 1st or some other date?

Thanks,
  • bowalker1bowalker1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello.

I'm interested in a 2007 Passat 2.0t auto. with luxury package 2.

I received a price of 331 usd a month
    and a total down of 2000 usd, includes all fess and taxes OTD. 48 month lease, 10000 miles a year.

A few questions how is the price?

What is the residual value and MF for a 48 month, 10,000 miles a year lease?

Also is there a 3000 dollar incentive for the dealer on this car, like I read in the buyers forum, and can it be used for a lease?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi hellison63. The first thing that I noticed about this deal is the huge down payment that you are considering making. It definitely is not a good idea to put so much money down on a lease. Consumers who make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off keeping this $6,000 in the bank earning interest and using it to supplement your monthly payment or to make a number of your payments.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi elipequedo. You are being smart by not using all of the proceeds from your trade as a down payment on your new lease. When you say that you are applying $1,500 of it towards your new lease, I assume that you are using that money to cover your car's first month's payment, security deposit, and acquisition fee. This is fine. It just isn't a good idea to make a large capitalized cost reduction when leasing.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be glad to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings crokerd. Both the Jetta and the Passat are very nice cars. I see that you have already been quoted prices on the cars that you are considering. You were very smart to find out the selling prices of vehicles before signing a lease contract on one of them. If you tell me what these cars' MSRPs are I would be happy to give you my opinion on the selling prices that you were quoted and let you know what I think of these leases. When negotiating these cars' selling prices, keep in mind that Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 2007 Jetta 2.0T. There is lease cash on the Passat 2.0T as well, but it is not available on the Wolfsburg model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi vdubtx. VW's lease program for these cars is a little better this month. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Passat 3.6 Sedan are .00024 and 47%, respectively.

Volkswagen is still providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the Passat 2.0T Sedan through VW Credit. VW is also still providing a $1,500 owner loyalty cash incentive on all Passats to current owners of Passats and Touaregs. Make sure to take these c ash incentives into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, dizzy007. Through April 30th, Volkswagen Credit's current rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat 3.6L Sedan with 4Motion and 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Passat 3.6 Wagon with 4Motion are .00041 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello bowalker1. Through April 30th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00098 and 47%, respectively.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would lease it for 36 months instead of for 48. Not only is VW Credit's 36 month money factor more attractive than its 48 month factor, but 4 years is a long time for someone who normally leases to be committed to one vehicle. VW Credit's current 36 month, 10k numbers for this car are .00035 and 54%.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but in order for me to do so it would be a big help if you would provide me with this car's MSRP and selling price first. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given and they will enable me to use VW Credit's current lease program estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Unfortunately the dealer cash that Volkswagen is currently providing on the 2007 Passat is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • marc0912marc0912 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    I want to get into a Passat Wolfsburg lease from VW Fairfax. They've quoted me
    $2k down (NO tax, tag & title additional, the $2k will go towards covering this).
    $329 a month for 36 months @ 10k miles a year, salesman said it owuld go up by $20-$25 a year for 12k miles, I think btwn 10k & 12k miles a year is moot since I plan to buy the car at the end of the lease. Is it logical to assume the mileage moot point?
    Selling price = $25,600
    Residual = $13,000.
    Is this a good deal? It is for a black color model. Any advice is most welcome. I have till Apr 30th (tomorrow) to sign, deal expires 04/30, and I have to drive from Richmond to D.C. to close the deal. The VW dealers in Richmond stink, both of them. Please help and let me know how much more I can bargain down or what is reasonable. Thanks a lot.
    Marc in Richmond
  • danjakdanjak Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I realize that tomorrow is the deadline for what sounds like some great lease deals, so I'm pounding the pavement tomorrow to hit all the VW dealers I can. I understand there is a $750 cash incentive, and a $1,500 owner loyalty cash incentive for owners of current passats. I currently LEASE a Passat (not own), and our lease is up on May 15th. Do we still qualify for this?

I'd like to know the factor and residual for the 2.0T Passat Sedan and the 2.0T Passat Wagon for a 36 month lease, 12k miles. I'm not sure which I'm going to go with yet (it will likely depend on what's available in the colors we want), but I do know that we'll get either the package 1 or the Wolfsburg edition. (I was already quoted two different factors from the same dealership for the Sedan: 0.0021 and 0.00067 - HUGE difference...).

Lastly, what sort of price range should I shoot for on the sales price? Should I fight to get the TMV?

Here are the details on the Wagon and Sedan from Edmunds.com:

Wagon, Package 1: MSRP = 28,810, invoice = 26,766, TMV = 26737
    Sedan, Package 1: MSRP = 27670, invoice = 25795, TMV = 25748
    Sedan, Wolfsburg: MSRP = 27630, invoice = 25791, TMV = 25897

Thank you so much in advance for ANY help you can provide... I know this is last minute!!
  • danjakdanjak Member Posts: 2
    Oh well, I couldn't get the answers I needed in time... but in case it helps anyone, I can tell you the details of my lease:

2007 Passat 2.0T, w/ Package 1
    36 months, 12k miles
    MSRP = $27670
    Purchase Price = $26455 (+$1,500 cash incentive for current passat owners)
    Money factor = .00068

Monthy payment is $330.26 per month ($359 w/ tax).
  • mongoozmongooz Member Posts: 4
    Does this seem like a good deal?

Quirk VW in Quincy Mass.

$1,999 down plus tax and fees (total $2,500)
    $129/month
    $27,670 MSRP
    Im not sure what the money factor is or Residual value.

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Typo?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Im going in tonight to talk with the dealer and test drive. The MSRP was off, sorry.

The advertisement in the paper is.

4 door sedan, 2.0 Liter I-4 cyl

$1,999 down plus tax and fees.

$23,820 MSRP.

10,000 miles a year.
    $129/mo.?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

On the website it said 149/month, then yesterday in the paper it said 129/month. Too good to be true? They are probably gonna hit me with other charges right?
    "Fees" could turn out to be a lot of money..

If it were $2000, "due at signing", then it would be a very good deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok, so after talking with the dealer last night.

$2,500 total due at signing

199/month + tax

12,000 m/year

24,546 msrp

11,156 residual value.

What do you think?
  • hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    $34,070 MSRP for 3.6 Passat with package 1 luxury
    On 36 month /10k lease, what is the MF and Resudual in May?
  • hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    MSRP $27,630 on wolfsburg edition
    36 month /10k lease
    what's the MF and Residual value in May?
  • sl620sl620 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man
    I got this quote from the Bay area (CA) dealer for the 2007 Passat Wagon, 3.6 4motion fully loaded. (Luxery package)for $33,500 + tax/fees
    I am planning on leasing the car by trading in my current car and some down payment.
    Traide in: $1,800
    Down Payment: $5,000

What kind of leasing deal should I expect on 36 month/15k lease? What is the MF and Resudual in May?

Also, is it a good idea to put $5,000 in down payment?
    Hi Marc. If you are absolutely positive that you are going to purchase this car at the end of your lease then you're right it really doesn't matter what mileage allowance you go with. Having said this, a lot can happen during the course of a lease to make you change your mind about purchasing your vehicle at lease-end, such as mechanical problems, an accident that was repaired, or you could just get sick of the car and want something different. It would be much safer for you to go with a 12,000 mile per year lease if you believe that you will drive that much.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be a big help if you provided with this car's full MSRP first. This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given on the Passat that you want and it will enable me to use VW Credit's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mongooz. You never mentioned the selling price of the Passat that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, hugo5. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Passat 3.6 Sedan without 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey hugo5. Here's the info for the other version of this car that you're interested in. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat Wolfsburg Edition with 10,000 miles per year are .00043 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello sl620. Let me begin by saying that $6,800 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I personally always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing a new one, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than to use the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

Let's take a look at this car's current lease program. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Passat 3.6 Wagon with 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 44%, respectively. I believe that Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of Passat 3.6 Wagons through VW Credit right now. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what this vehicle's lease payment should be, but in order for me to do so I need to know both its MSRP and selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sl620sl620 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,
    The MSRP on the car is $42,000. And the selling price that we've negotiated is $33,500.

Would you please give me an estimate on the lease payment for 36mo/15k lease with 3500 down?
  • skippytcgskippytcg Member Posts: 10
    i am currently looking at a 2007 vw passat 2.0t, the prise is around 24,000, not fully negoitiated yet. Does anyone know the money factor and residual value. They are advertising $269/mo w/ 2000 down @ sticker price 10k/yr at 48 mo.
    I am in Massachsuetts , if that matters.

Thanks,

Skippy
  • allexallex Member Posts: 3
    About 3 weeks ago I've start my 1st lease on a Passat,for 3 yrs with 36.000 miles.Today the dealer called me,to go back and resign the contract because it has been a mistake...they put 20 cents on each extra mile instead of 25 cents.Do they have the right to do that? Thank you Car_man!
  • allexallex Member Posts: 3
    skippytcg I leased a passat 2007,2.0T with package 2 with 1500$ down and 289$/mo for 12k/yr at 36 mo..that includes sale taxes and all those aquisition fees......sticker was 30.500$ and they gave it to me for 25.700$
  • skippytcgskippytcg Member Posts: 10
    That is great, I have the possibility of getting close to 21995 for the passat. Plus i think I am eligible for the $750 cash back because my jetta is VW financed.
  • avadanavadan Member Posts: 1
    2007 2.0T Passat W/Package #2 Luxury
    36 month/12k miles
    Msrp: 30,295
    Neg. Selling Price: 28,500
    MF: .00003
    Residual: 48%
    Amount due at signing: 1,800 (All fees)
    Down payment: 0
    Payment: $369/Month
    Are there any cash rebates or incentives I should know about before signing?
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Member Posts: 98
    Different models post different mile charges...These numbers are from VW Credit and not the Dealer...No shenigans here; just a clerical typo...VW Credit kicked the contract back...Just sign and go... :)
  • pbs0626pbs0626 Member Posts: 18
    Allex,
    That sounds like a great deal. What state and dealership? Also, did you pay any additional fees besides deposit? Do you know what your money factor and residual is?
    Thanks for sharing!
  • manga13manga13 Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking of getting a VW Passat 4dr AWD wagon, the TMV is 34, 524, what is the residual and MF for this? Thanks.
  • goose1207goose1207 Member Posts: 113
    I've leased a few cars through Quirk Nissan and have always been able to get the ad car. I don't know how they do it but the current Passat ad seems like a hell of a deal and I am interested. Have you been able to get the $129/mo?

Their leases are always way below the current offers by the captive financing companies. I ran some numbers on the Nissan Murano and based on the figures, they are only making $500 (if that) on a car with a $29k+ MSRP for only $279/mo with $0 down (except of course the MA tax, title & reg., acq. & doc fee) for 39 mos, 12k miles/yr. The money factor would have to be 0.000 at this payment!

All fees including MA state inspection total $414, excluding the acquisition fee because I have no data to estimate it. When I last leased almost 3 yrs ago, the acq. fee was $0. The $414 assumes the doc fee is $299, which is what I paid in '04 so maybe that has gone up slightly since then. I would just assume an extra $1k on top of any cap cost reduction.

I am curious to see what the lease quote would be with $0 down instead of $1999 for the Passat because it is better to put as little down as possible when leasing so you can avoid having to pay for gap insurance.
  • tballstballs Member Posts: 8
    I'm also looking to lease from Quirk. My dad has a Passat 2.0T that he purchased from Quirk last fall and my brother has leased from Quirk Nissan. They seem to be easy to do business with- I was with my dad when he purchased his Passat.

Looking for 24 mos /15k lease numbers (residual , MF/Interest Rate) on both the following:

3.6 4Motion
    2.0T

Thanks for any help. Cheers!
  • gpearce3gpearce3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman:

Please advise on the following offer:

2007 Passat Wagon w/ Package #1
    MSRP $28,995
    Selling price: $26,063
    36 month /12K miles per yr (.25 over per mile)
    Residual: 49%
    Money factor: .00006

Drive off $620 (first payment plus license)
    Cost: $349 per month + tax = $378

Thank you!
  • witzeroowitzeroo Member Posts: 4
    Three weeks in? Puleeze. It's a contract.
    Their only defense would be an error so blatant that you knew is was an error on their part when you signed it. Like 2 cents a mile. But 20? Well within norms.

That being said, you can ask them how many bucks they want to give you back up front in return for the back end risk. If you're a light driver, it's easy money.

Can you call them back and say YOU'VE made an error? Food for thought.
  • agapellaagapella Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man, can you please help me with this following offer:

2007 Passat w/ Package #1
    MSRP $27,820
    Selling price: $24,532

36 month,
    cost: $313/month, with 4000 downpayment

is this good?
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    2007 Passat Wagon 2.0t with Package 1
    MSRP is 29,439
    selling price is at invoice
    36 months, $2250 down, payment of $409.
    residual is 49%, money factor .00106
    the selling price of my previous price is $27,631. i would appreciate some help
    getting a better deal, or some thoughts on this current one. Thanks!
    anyone post here anymore?
  • stumblerstumbler Member Posts: 12
    Carman

What money factor and residules(for milelage) is volkswagon using for their current lease special. I am interested in a 3.6 Passat
  • ev12ev12 Member Posts: 9
    Carman-

I am interested in leasing the above and have the following questions:

1. What are the MF and RES for above vehicle for 36mos/15k
    for the month of June? Are these expected to change for
    July? Is July posted yet?
    2. Where can an average consumer find current monthly
    MF and RES information for a given vehicle? Do YOU get
    this directly from manufacturers?
    3. When one leases, what does your credit show in terms
    of financial committment? Its not a loan per se, but you
    are committed to paying the adjusted cap cost minus
    residual value over the term...I've read everything on
    Edmunds about leasing but have not seen this addressed.

Thanks a lot-
  • stumblerstumbler Member Posts: 12
    Ev12

I just concluded a lease on a Infiniti. When I checked my credit it showed up like a car loan. With the total of my commitment over the lease period i.e. 500 times 36 =18000.00 minus any payments and if my payments were on time. I believe the m/f on a 2.0t with 12000 miles is .0003 with a 51% residual. I understand the wolfsburg m/f is slighty higher. Awaiting confirmation.

Hope this helps
  • psytenpsyten Member Posts: 13
    I am considering picking up a Pasat tomorrow but I was hoping to get some opinions on the quote I received today. They wanted to sell a 2007 Wolfsburg for $26,428.

Here is the lease breakdown:
    Sale Price: $26,428
    MF: .00043
    Resid: 52%
    Out of Pocket: $1,100.00
    Monthly Payment: $380.00

Any thoughts?
  • mmagdelinemmagdeline Member Posts: 1
    I can't believe the horrible dialog I overheard while trying to shop for a new car. There is this black? man in the Service Department who is obviously prejudice working there. A spanish salesman was stating how warm it was in the showroom, which was correct, so this black man had the nerve to say, "well, you're Puerto Rican, you should be able to handle the heat." If I worked there I would have been on the phone with the Labor Board. No one, including customers, should be subjected to talk of that nature. I will NOT buy a car there until that man is GONE. AND I will tell all my friends and neighbors in Upper Saddle River and the people in my church in Alpine to go elsewhere. I have purchased vehicles from Heidt in the past and even though I think the world of the "old" service department staff I will not deal with someone with no integrity.
    Thanks for the additional information, sl620. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 VW Passat 3.6 Wagon with 4Motion that has an MSRP of $42,000 and a selling price of $33,500 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $419. The payment for a lease with a $3,500 capitalized cost reduction would drop to around $322.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Skippy. Through July 8th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 VW Passat 2.0T Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00072 and 45%, respectively. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would go with a 36 month lease. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00003 and 52%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 VW Credit bonus lease cash that is available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.