Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi avadan. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned in your post look right to me. Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the '07 Passat 2.0T Sedan through VW Credit. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi manga13. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Through July 8th, VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Passat Wagon 3.6L 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 44%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello tballs. Through July 8th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 VW Passat 2.0T Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Passat 3.6L Sedan with 4Motion are .00003 and 55%. Volkswagen is providing a $750 cash bonus on leases of the Passat 2.0T Sedan through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • shooter6shooter6 Member Posts: 6
    I'm considering a lease (24/36 month) on a Passat 3.6 4motion. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay with a 0 down lease for both terms. Thanks
  • crys949crys949 Member Posts: 1
    I checked vw.com but do not see that they are offering a $750 VW Credit bonus on lease cash. Where can I find this info?
  • snatexsnatex Member Posts: 1
    Car Man -

I am considering a 36 or 48 month lease (12k or 15k) on a 2007 VW Passat 2.0T Sedan. Can you give me the current money factors, residuals, promotions, etc.? Also, how often so these change? Thanks in advance.

Steve
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Is it possible to get into a passat with 0 down lease, for around $320? or am I just crazy?
    I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment should be for the car that you are interested in, shooter6. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price first. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi crys949. Volkswagen is definitely providing $750 lease cash on the Passat 2.0T Sedan right now. I'm not surprised that it is not advertising this cash on its web site, it usually does not advertise cash incentives on its vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, Steve. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Passat Sedan 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00088 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00146 and 41%. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $750 lease cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bvdj84. Your car's lease payment will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. If you provide me with these numbers, along with how long you want to lease for and what mileage allowance you need, I would be happy to estimate what sort of lease payment you should expect to pay.

Car_man
    Host
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Thanks Car Man,

I would like payments on the Passat, that has a price of $29,500 and with a purchase price of $27,800. I would like the lease for 36mth, 12k, 2k down. Considering this car or the VW EOS, which I believe has special of $445mth, with 2K+ down. but I want the lowest payment with tax available. I am hoping to get in the $300's payment range on both, if I put more down and haggle some.

Thanks again!
  • kmurkmur Member Posts: 36
    is the $750 lease cash in addition to the $2500 factory to dealer cash?
  • johnbrainjohnbrain Member Posts: 10
    I am shopping for a new Passat. Certainly I plan to try and get a lower price, but I am curious what a zero down zero drive off would be for a 2007 Passat Wolfsburg with :

MSRP: 27630
    Invoice: 26198 (incl. 640 dest and fuel-whatever)

This way I at least know when they throw an initial quote out there if they're trying to pull my leg.

I want to get it low enough because I also need to trade in a lease. There's only a few payments left so I'll just build in them making those last few payemtns and return it to Chrysler.

Thank you in advance.
  • angelfangelf Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I got a dealer lease offer for a Passat 2007 Wolfsburg Edition of $329 per month, with 15K miles/year, and $1000 down. The dealer is including the $1,000 loyalty bonus for current VW owners.
    The residual value is 51%.
    I am not sure about this deal, and I owuld like an opinion.
    Are there any additional incentives tna can be appllied to a lease?
    Thanks
  • gcaregcare Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man. I'm looking for a 36-mo lease on a base Passat 2007, 6 speed automatic. My credit is excellent, but my estimated annual mileage is 21,000. What can I expect to negotiate for best down and best monthly?
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    Im looking to lease a 2008 passat, zero down, 36 month lease, 12k mi yr, 4motion, nav, luxury pkg, cd w/iPod, all taxes, etc. rolled into payments. I am in Nassau County, NY, so i think the takes are 8.25% Anyone have the numbers for this month, like MF, residuals, etc? Anyone have any good deals lately on such a car? What is an expected range for a lease payment? Thanks all. :shades:
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    Im looking at the 3.6 sedan. forgot to mention that above. thanks.
  • jmd1209jmd1209 Member Posts: 1
    Have these figures changed at all since you posted them? We are going there today. Do you have the #'s on a 2008? We will be doing 12,000 miles on a 36 month lease. And is the $750 cash back still available?

Thanks so much
    You're welcome, bvdj84. Thanks for the additional information. The Passat's lease program varies by trim level. You never mentioned exactly what Passat you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a 2007 Passat 2.0T Sedan. Let me know if you want something different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '07 Passat 2.0T Sedan that has an MSRP of $29,500 and a selling price of $27,800 through Volkswagen Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $411. I worked up this lease with no down payment because it is in your best interest not to make one. If you really want to make a $2,000 capitalized cost reduction, it would drop the payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $354.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kmur. Only the lease cash is available on leases through VW Credit. The regular dealer cash is not compatible with the special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    I would be happy to work up a lease payment for you, johnbrain. You never mentioned what this car's selling price is, so for now I will assume that you are able to get it for $500 over invoice. Also, you never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Volkswagen Passat Wolfsburg that has an MSRP of $27,630 and a selling price of $26,698 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $389.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi angelf. Volkswagen is currently providing cash incentives on leases of some Passat trim levels, but unfortunately the Wolfsburg is not one of them.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Passat that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gcare. The lease payment for this car will vary depending upon the trim level you get and the selling price that you are able to negotiate on it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a base 2007 Passat Sedan with an automatic transmission and that you are able to get it for $250 under dealer invoice (which is really $500 over before the $750 lease cash is taken into account). According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base '07 Passat Sedan that has an MSRP of $24,895 and a selling price of $23,000 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $352.

I based my calculations on 15,000 miles per year because this is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, jaffman. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Passat Sedan 3.6 4-Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 50%, respectively. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's lease payment would be like right now if you provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact model that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jmd1209. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Passat Sedan 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Passat Sedan 2.0T are .00093 and 50%. Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the '07 Passat 2.0T Sedan, but no lease cash on the '08 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • tms0425tms0425 Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking at a leftover 2006 Passat 3.6L 4Motion service loaner/demo with 9k miles on it (untitled).

MSRP 37,965
    Selling approx 29,000
    24, 30, or 36 months

Just wondering what they might use for MF, Residuals on a unit this old. Any dealer lease cash available since it's old?

Seems like this could be decent deal if negotiated properly.

Tom
  • mcook4mcook4 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    Just got back from the dealer. Got talked into a lease and now knowing anything about it, I'm afraid I was taken. I leased a 2007 Passat Sedan 2.0T. The agreed upon price was 24600 plus Acquisition Fee of 575, Sales Tax 1542, and license title of 130.55, doc fee 50. Total 26970.05. Should have read before I signed, they snuck that aquisition and doc fee in. I was told they (VW) only offered 48 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. No mention of any other incentives, etc. End of purchase option of 10448. Bottom line, I'm paying 452.92 a month with only first payment due at signing. How bad is it Doc? :mad:
    Hello again,
    After fuming all weekend, and doing research on leases, I decided that the sedan will not fit my needs. I need the Passat Wagon 2.0T, '07 or '08, preferably the '07. Do I have any options now or am I stuck with this car? What is the money factor and residual value on these cars?
    Thanks for your work here :cry:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    I'm sorry to say you are really really stuck.

You could ASK the dealer, but they are certainly under no obligation to help you out, and even if they do, it will most likely cost you a fortune.

On the small bright side, you will learn from this. Never get a car without proper research.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Is there some kind of 3-day "right of recision" clause in your state for issues such as this (sales contracts)? There is in Indiana, at least on mortgages and such.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Not on cars, though...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's not too bad although I felt I am paying too much. My wife likes the sedan. Definitely lesson learned.
  • mnvw06mnvw06 Member Posts: 2
    Hi car_man,

I am looking leases for 2007 Passat 2.0 T wolfsburg edition or 2008 Komfort Passat, a dealer provide following numbers:

2007 2.0 T Wolfsburg edition- 0 down including tax title, 12K, 36 months--> $479/mo

2008 Passat Komfort edition 0 down including tax title, 12K, 39 months--> $469/mo

Please let me know if these are good deals or I am being over quoted. If possible can you please suggest numbers I should ask from dealer :) .

Thanks alot
  • dano23dano23 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking at possibly leasing a Passat Komfort and would like to see what kind of lease I should expect.

MSRP: $27,790
    Purchase price : $26,000

First quote I received was 397 with $4000.00 due at signing.

Next they called with a "special offer" of $329 a month with $4000 due and 15k miles.

The VW website was advertising a 2008 2.0t base lease for $309.00 with an MSRP of $25,630.00 and $2709 due at signing. Purchase option of $13,328 and 12k miles.

Am I right in thinking that the #'s should correlate and that the down payment they want is excessive with that kind of payment?

With those MSRP and Purchase #'s (if they are reasonable) what can I look to pay if I decrease either the down or the payments?
  • sidecutsidecut Member Posts: 3
    This is a left over 2007. Features include: Leatherette Seating, 17" Alloy Wheels, Chrome Trimmed Windows, Roof Rack, Power Glass Moonroof, Power Recline & Lumbar Support, 6-disc CD Changer, Sirius Satellite Radio (3 months free), Power Liftgate, 60/40 Foldable Rear Seats w/Center Armrest, Heated Side Mirrors, MP3 Aux Jack in Glovebox.

Also has Heated Seats & Heated Washer Nozzles as part of Cold Weather Package, and 4Motion All Wheel Drive.

Price is $32,000.00 What can I get this down to. any idea what kind of cash the dealer is getting from VW?

0% up to 36 months, 2.9% for 48 months & 4.9% for 60 months.
    The leftover 2006 3.6l 4motion I was looking at was $28.9k with 9k service loaner miles on it. It listed for $37,765. Beautiful car, but I passed as I wanted sport seats.

I think they were giving an additional $3500 to dealers to move the '07s, though it couldn't be used with the lease deals they had.

Tom
  • mfagan7mfagan7 Member Posts: 1
    I built a lease model a few years ago. A buddy of mine who is a GM at a Honda dealership looked at it for me and my numbers were identical to the Honda Lease model. Over the years other dealers have looked at it and are amazed that my numbers match exactly their lease models. I'm happy to share with you, but can't attach here. If you email me at flyboyflash7@yahoo.com, I'll email you the model.
    Have you heard of any reputable lease swap websites? I need to get out of this lease, wife is having to quit work. I've been talking to swapalease, but again I need more information on others you may have heard of.
    Thanks
    Hey Tom:

Thanks for the info. I was able to purchase the car for $3,750 under invoice
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Swapalease.com is the biggest, and that's what you want.. Finding someone to take over your lease is hard, and you need a lot of exposure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Tom. I don't believe that Volkswagen Credit is leasing 2006 models any longer. You might be able to find an independent bank that will lease you this car, but chances are if you want it that you will have to either finance or pay cash for it instead of leasing it.

I am not aware of any dealer cash incentives on the '06 Passat. Volkswagen probably paid out its dealers on these units months ago.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mcook4. Don't worry about the acquisition fee and doc fee that you didn't notice when you were at the dealership. Volkswagen Credit charges a $575 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Furthermore, most dealers charge some sort of doc fee and $50 is a pretty low one.

What you were told about Volkswagen only offering 48 month leases on the Passat was not correct. You can lease one for any length that you want. In fact, if I was personally in the market for one I would probably go with a 36 or a 39 month lease.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with this car's MSRP first. It will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and it will enable me to use VW Credit's actual lease program to work up a sample lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mnvw06. You never mentioned the selling prices or MSRPs of the cars that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of these deals if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dano23. Let me begin by saying that $4,000 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction on leased vehicles. Those who make them, risk losing part or all of their money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be much better off going with a zero down lease.

Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. A base 2008 Passat KOMFORT has a spread of around $1,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,790 discount that you were quoted on the specific model that you want looks great to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor of .00151 to calculate your car's monthly payment and you're in business.

Let's see what the monthly payment would be for a zero down lease of this car. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Passat 2.0T Sedan that has an MSRP of $27,790 and a selling price of $26,000 through Volkswagen Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $382.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey sidecut. Volkswagen is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2007 Passat 3.6L Wagon. If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice minus this dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • hairysodahairysoda Member Posts: 97
    i have around a year left on my 06 jetta.. how can i find out if volkswagen is haveing a pull ahead program. i would like to know so i could get out of this lease and go into another one on maybe a eos.
  • triscuit1triscuit1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know of any dealerships offering a lease on the 2007 Passat Wolfsburg addition?
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    My daughter is looking to lease an 07 preferably, Passat
    3.6l 4motion. She has a 2003 wagon (the model right under the all wheel drive model) that needs about $1000 worth of body work. Smallish tear in door frame leather and a nickel size deep ding on the hood... not sure what else.

So.... how does she approach this? And I want to know if all of you feel the 4-motion drive is worth the huge price difference?

If there's a thread here already that can help me, please send me to it.

Thanks so much.
    I got a 2007 3.6L 4 motion. I bought it because I was coming out of an A6 Avant and I like the all wheel drive. I drive in bad weather especially snow alot. If you dont then I wouldn't bother.

I believe you will have a hard time finding lease deals on a 2007, The programs I know about ended October 1. There is at leat $3,000 factory dealer cash on the table. So you should be getting a price of invoice minus that ay a minimum.
This discussion has been closed.