Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    [quote]I'm not familiar with auto up. Is there a safety devise not to pinch fingers?[/quote]Yup. I've got them on my 4Runner.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    I was also really surprised the auto-up was not incorporated into this redesign as well. My six year old VW has this feature, as have several other vehicles since.
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    GM doesn't seem to be too big on the auto up function, at least on any of the brands and models I've driven or owned. I guess some Caddies or other higher-end luxo models and maybe the Saab's might have them though.

I do like the fact that my extended cab Silverado has auto down for both driver and passenger windows though. I believe this is limited to the regular / extended cab trucks, but I'd love to see it on others.
  • nacho07nacho07 Member Posts: 26
    I bought them on usspeedonline.com i am really happy with them. I had tried the dealer but they wanted over 300$ for the full set. I like the fact that they are embroidered for free.
  • 06lly06lly Member Posts: 21
    It's all about the legal thing over here. In Europe, they are not so litigious as us Americans so they don't get all jamed up about offering somethng that is a little bit on the dangerous side.

There obviously can be some issues with the auto-up, even if it automatically reverses.
    Nobody else seems to be worried about litigation from the auto-up, and it's not just the Euro's that offer it. The one's I personally know have this feature include Toyota, Honda, Ford, Dodge, Cadillac. I'm sure there are more. It's just something simple, but when you get used to it, you miss it!
  • zoltarpzoltarp Member Posts: 4
    GM said that the discount is comming from them and does not affect the dealer. Should I then be able to negotiate further with the dealer?
    I plan on ordering my vehicle to get a Silver/Ebony 2LT with Locking Diff, 3 Pass third row, and Side/Head airbags.
    I'm ordering to get only what I need verses getting one off the lot which will probably have more options.
    This is the only way I see that I have to control my price seeing that with the discount I have no negotiating room on price.
    Is this accurate or am I misguided?

Thanks
  • rooskierooskie Member Posts: 26
    What is Zeon??
  • 06lly06lly Member Posts: 21
    My present vehicle has this feature and I like it. The reason that it is not offered universally is due to the litigation risk. For example, The BMW Mini has this feature standard in Germany and England. For the cars that come over here, they disable it to stay out of the courts.

When a car company is deciding on what features to offer, they look at each one in terms of cost, including legal costs, to help them decide how much to charge and what effect it will have on their bottom line. Unfortunately, this results in some neat stuff getting thrown out of the window. (No pun intended)
  • peedypeedy Member Posts: 27
    I heard that in Aug they are going to be dropping the price a bit due to the new Suburban coming out....I got my LTZ fully loaded out with everything on it including double headrest DVD players, front billit grills, pinstriping, and front windows tinted for 43,000. It retailed at 50,000. Zeon are the brighter headlights that you see on more high end cars/trucks...Very Bright...Im not really concerned on the location of the cup holders but the fact that drinks fall out of the holders all the time...My wife has an 02 Tahoe and does the same thing...I have a bench seat in my 07 but a consonle in the middle for those with bucket seats would have been nice added feature and thus the reason for me getting a bench....By the way I live in Fort Worth Texas and the Arlington plant is just down the road from me!!!! Gotta Love that...So if you were having yours made you could go watch it being put together???? Who knows?? Keep hagling with them it took me 4 days to make the deal on mine and you know they problably still made money off me
  • jay_24jay_24 Member Posts: 536
    I don't think you can negotiate the supplier price.
    The supplier price is X amount and usually just a little bellow invoice. If I remember correctly it is more than the GM Employee price by a little.

GM emplyee price is like 3% less than invoice??
    GM supplier price is 1% less than invoice??

I can't remember for sure.

I had worked for a company that qualified for the GM employee price. BUT it was also considered a taxable benifit. So Great deal + a little extra tax was roughly the same as invoice. Given the tax I was able to negotiate a lower price and didn't use the GM purchase program.

You know the supplier price or can get it before showing up at the dealer. DON'T tell the dealer and negiotiate the best you can. Use the supplier price if you can't negotiate lower.
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    I'm sure he means Xenon, aka HID, or high intensity. And they only offer them on the Cadillac and Denali to make them more exclusive, and make people feel they're getting their money's worth in extra features.
  • aydenamolinaaydenamolina Member Posts: 1
    I am considering a Tahoe LT2. The MSRP is $40,300. How can I find out the employee price? Is this usually the best price? How does the Tahoe LT2 compare with the Eddie Bauer Expedition?
  • peedypeedy Member Posts: 27
    I used to own a Eddie Bauer Expedition and the new Tahoes put them to shame....The rides of the 07 are just as smooth as the high end lexus, Caddys and BMW's....I have the LTZ with Nav Black on Black and its way more Luxury than my mother in laws Eddie Bauer...You will find in the long run that the 07 Tahoe is more quieter ride than the fords also....I laugh every time I see a Danali on the road knowing there owner wishes his interior looked like my 07 and not the older Tahoes...HAHA...No comparison
  • jay_24jay_24 Member Posts: 536
    If you qualify, talk to your HR department at work. They can tell you what websites to visit. They can also answer if its a taxable benifit.

Here is what I found:
    LT2 4x4
    MSRP $40580
    Invoive $37031
    GMS Price $35915 (works out to 3% under invoice)

At one time there was two GMS pricing values. One if you ordered it and other if you took it from a dealers inventory. Not sure if this still exists...
  • mlw1mlw1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Tahoe Z71. I am interested in the 2007 Z71 which I understand will be out this fall. What I have read about the new Z indicates it will have a specifically designed three-piece fascia with a protective, platinum chrome skid plate, larger tow hook openings, larger,more prominate fog lamps,specific grill texture and platinum chrome grill trim. It sounds a little flashy to me. When I asked Chevy customer service what to expect in the new Z, they said it would simply be a suspension system on the LT models, not it's own model. Does anyone have any additional information on the new Z71?
  • brandie7brandie7 Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to post the price I negotiated today for an 07 yukon 2wd slt-2 pkg, in case the information would benefit anyone, as I have learned so much from these forums. Anyway MSRP 45,190 including destination, paid 40,761 plus TT&L, kbb invoice price was 40,670. Also bought 5 yr/70,000 mile extended warranty for 1400.
  • nld1966nld1966 Member Posts: 6
    seems that the navigation in my tahoe is off by two blocks, dealer says "no idea" why. Anyone else noticed this or have a fix?
  • greg33greg33 Member Posts: 6
    I've read on this forum where several people have ordered new Tahoe's through the dealer. What exactly is the process for doing this? Just a deposit and place the order and wait for delivery?

If it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery as most dealers say, if an incentive becomes available, such as cash back or some other incentive, before you take delivery - can you still negotiate for the incentive?
  • pg476apg476a Member Posts: 3
    Similar problem. Nav shows my neighbors home as mine. It also doesn't do the best with identifying the shortest or fastest route. In fact, it will take me miles out of the way unnecessarily. Haven't brought it up to the dealer yet.
  • jjmjgnxjjmjgnx Member Posts: 34
    Yeah. You just go to the dealer and negotiate as you would for any car. Place a $1000 deposit maybe and wait.

If an incentive comes along when you pick up, you are entitled to it 99% of the time. Most incentive are for when you take delivery.
    NAV isn't precise down to the exact house number in most cases. It'll get you in the ballpark. Civilian GPS actually has a limit to the precision due to govt. regulations. It also won't always get you the shortest routes (via shortcuts, etc.). It's really for getting around efficiently in areas you don't know. If you know the shortest routes, you don't need the NAV. I've had quite a few NAV systems in various vehicles as well as a Garmin portable. They're not perfect but they do the job. The best system I've had yet is in my Odyssey, better than Lexus or Audi but it still has some "issues". Haven't dealt with a GM system, but the fact is there's only a couple of companies that provide the mapping for ALL civilian Navs.
  • rockin_ltzrockin_ltz Member Posts: 61
    Hey Nacho...Checked out your pics of the mats but I have a question. I just picked up my LTZ tonight (MAN IS THIS THING AWESOME) and was comparing my mats to the one in your pics. These look a little different (over all shape) and my mats don't have the "hook and eye" that those mats have for staying in place.

Based on my visual inspection of the my factory mats and those, I don't know if they're the same. Did these mats fit OK in your new truck?
  • rockin_ltzrockin_ltz Member Posts: 61
    I just brought my new LTZ home tonight and was trying to learn all the bells and whistles on this thing. In the process of doing this, I noticed that when the truck was off (key out of ignition) that I could hear what sounded like the NAV Disk still spinning.

Is this normal? Should it always be running even when the truck is off and the keys removed? I'm thinking not and that there has to be some way to turn it off.

Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.
    The mats fit almost perfectly, they cover a little more area than the ones that came with the tahoe ( i will take pictures of them installed and post them tommorrow). The drivers side does come with the "hook and eye" they come with a kit to install the hook into the Tahoe but when i put them in they do not move around at all so i did not install the hook. I only have one minor gripe. I ordered them in "pewter" hoping to match the interior but it is a little off ( i think i should have ordered grey) it is a slight difference and they still look great but i would call them first to make sure you get the right match.
  • pg476apg476a Member Posts: 3
    Mine does the same thing. Don't know if its normal, or if theres a way to shut it off. If nobody knows, I will ask the dealer at my first service.
    Most of the electric keeps the DVD/CD systems running until the doors are open. If you're hearing it AFTER you open the doors, then I guess I dunno.
  • nld1966nld1966 Member Posts: 6
    I had this same issue. Turns out that it stops after about 10 mins. If you stay in the truck until all acc. power has turned off (after you have already turned the truck off), then the nav disk stops. Once you get out and come back and open a door...it starts again. I sat in the truck and waited for the retained acc. power to go off and sure enough it quit.
  • justamom2justamom2 Member Posts: 8
    We have had our 07 LTZ for about 2 weeks now. We love it. However, the Nav CD is marked as being printed in 04...is everyones CD marked as this? My street which was built in 03 is not even on this disk....did I get an old CD or have they really not updated in 2 years? I thought it was supposed to be updated every year!
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Since when did GM start offering factory HIDs on the Denali...or was it just recently announced for '07? 'Cuz I know for a fact that factory HID is not even an option on '01-'06 Denalis...
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Comparing apples to oranges (pre-'07 Denali interior to '07 Tahoe interior), are we? Pretty childish of you to laugh at someone else's expense just because he/she bought what was available at that particular time; I mean, would you have been laughing at the "inferior to the '07 Tahoe" interior of my DXL back when I bought it in '04? Maybe I should wait for the next-gen Denali to come out so I can make the same wisecrack about folks like yourself w/ last-gen '07 Tahoes...
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    I saw something on TV awhile back where they did a test of cars with the auto-up window feature. They put a piece of soft fruit (I forget what kind) in the path of the rising window to see what would happen. On some cars the window reversed with little more than a bruise on the fruit; on others, the fruit got sliced in two before the window reversed (if it reversed at all).

I'd buy the argument that the decision to put auto-up in a vehicle is based first on litigation cost, second on manufacturing cost and third on exclusivity among brands and models by the same manufacturer.
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Those look good, Nacho. Now tell me about that mat under your baby seat. I would like something to protect the leather in mine. I have three boys in car seats now. Two in the third row, which is vunyl, not real leather, so I don't really care about that one. But the second row seat we've got it in is really taking a beating. When I install the car seat with the LATCH anchors and cinch it down tight, it really stretches the leather. I've put a towel underneath to keep it clean, and to prevent major gouges, but the dents in the seat are pretty deep. I saw a thin foam mat online, toysrus.com, and it didn't look like it would really be thick enough to protect the seats. I was thinking of getting some of those foam floating pool lounges and cutting them to shape when they are in stores this summer.

What are you using, and is it thick enough to really protect the seat?
    I didn't look at the pictures, but Prince Lionheart makes a fairly heavy mat that goes under and behind carseats. It also folds over the front of the seat to prevent mud/scuffs from shoes. They have gray and tan. BabiesRus carries them. We bought two for our new van. When I traded the Tahoe, I had left one of the grandkids' carseats in there for a long time and it had made a mess of the foam in the seat. Probably still deformed, but I guess that's someone else's problem now!
  • normynormy Member Posts: 17
    Please let me know when you receive it. I ordered one as well on 2.18.06 and hearing nothing yet.

NRC
    The one i have is made by Prince Lionheart (like sebring95) i bought it at Babies R Us. I used to have a Toyota Sienna with leather and our car seat messed up the leather with the indentations. The one from Prince Lionheart is really thick (like a yoga mat) and doesnt slide around. It has the lip that hangs over the seat which is really nice since my little girl always likes to put her feet on there.
  • 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    I ordered mine on 2-17-06 and dealer checked last week and said was scheduled to be built this week. MKT
  • lt3lt3 Member Posts: 7
    Any one know where i can buy chrome bowties for 07 tahoe??
  • rwernerrwerner Member Posts: 7
    I do agree that the factory installation is the way to go. I've had my Tahoe for 2 weeks and am very impressed with it no problems at all. I'm trying to figure out the Bose system. The manual talks about Automatic Equalization which I' not sure I have it set also it talks about Digital Signal Processing And Surround (Centerpoint) which I have not found. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • rwernerrwerner Member Posts: 7
    I'm trying to learn more about the Bose radio system that is intergrated with the Nav system. There several things that I have not been able to figure out and at this point the the dealer is also stumped. The dealer is going to check on this but thought I would post the question to see if anyone could help.The Automatic Equalization,don't know if I've got it set right,Digital Signal Processing(DSP)havent found,Surround(centerpoint)havent found,AudoPilot havent found. If anyone could help it would be appreciated
    We originally ordered our LTZ on 2-17-06 and on 3-10-06 we were informed that the wait for our LTZ would be indefinate as the navi,dvd radio was on backorder and they had no idea when it was coming in. The ones they did get in we were also told that the Yukon order would take precedence. At that point....we were told we wouldn't get it till prob summer sometime. We ended up choosing to take an LTZ off the lot.
    This sounds about right. I went in this past weekend to place my order for a 2007 Avalanche LTZ with the nav / dvd and was told the same thing about all the 900's with this configuration. It's okay with me, as it's more time to pay down on my truck (gonna trade) = make out even better on the final deal. ;)
  • tconnelltconnell Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to make the factory Nav Screen play the DVD when the vehicle is in drive ?

Jeff
    I'd be surprised if you find the answer to a question like that on this site. Even if you could (without the mods deleting it), these vehicles are probably still too new to see stuff like that just yet. Maybe in six more months as more people buy them and have the time and money to start modding them heavily you'll be able to find out what's being done, but again, I'd be looking at other web sites and forums for answers to questions like this.
  • tconnelltconnell Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information, Any suggestions on what other websites to look into for an answer ?
    Thanks you
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    I can't help out yet as I've noticed the same thing on our Nav w/Bose system. While reading the instruction manual it seems like there should be Bose equalization settings available and the only item is the "Talk" setting or regular bass, treble and mid adjustments. I plan on talking to our dealer, don't think he'll be much help though, and getting an answer. I'll post anything I find out.
  • normynormy Member Posts: 17
    Justamom2....

Thanks for the info. Are you sure they did not say that so you will take an LTZ for the dealre to make their number?

I am calling my dealer tomorrow to make sure I do not wait that long.

Thanks !!!

Normy
    ya, I actually thought the same thing...but I did talk to someone on the GM site who verified the info....and we ended up purchasing the tahoe from another dealership completely....
  • zeeman84zeeman84 Member Posts: 16
    I ordered a Tahoe LT2 three weeks ago. My vehicle included the nav,dvd,radio. The week I ordered my salesman told the me nav. system was "constrained"(GM talk for not available to instal) Called today and the nav. radio is still constrained. Looks like they have a supplier problem with the nav radio, or they are having problems with the unit and they do not want to put it into any vehicles until the problem is corrected.
This discussion has been closed.