Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• Options
    chile96chile96 Member Posts: 330
    i don't think it's possible. it drives me nuts as well and is a total waste of space!
  • Options
    catahoecatahoe Member Posts: 15
    The first snowbank should knock that stupid black spoiler off for good. Owners manual says take it off when 4 wheelin, but to replace it so the engine doesn't over heat. That spoiler isn't channeling air into any ports I cant believe it has anything to do with keeping the engine cool, maybe saving on the mpg's. but 7" is NOT acceptable clearance on a full size 4wd truck
  • Options
    catahoecatahoe Member Posts: 15
    Also if you look at the Z71 2007 the little black plastic spoiler has been removed. Looks like it doesn't need to be there after all.
  • Options
    garyg3garyg3 Member Posts: 3
    Although I appreciate the host's concern for our safety, the safety of the driver actually becomes more compromised with this "safety" feature! I have 2 young kids and I find myself having to spin my neck around to see what the status is of a movie, while at the same time driving down the road. It would be nice if someone could find a way to bypass this feature so that my passenger could at least make necessary changes. Protectionism is a counter productive act! I would pay dearly to correct this problem! :mad:
  • Options
    73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Just curious but if there's a passenger, why aren't they turning to check the status? I do agree that it's a real pain for anyone up front to see what's going on, especially when you have to restart it with the remote after a key off.
  • Options
    twernst10twernst10 Member Posts: 25
    Again thanks to all for the suggestions. I got a hold of them yesterday afternoon/evening and described my problem. They were very nice and helpful; they suggested that I had a bad module and they would replace it after consulting with their techs. Well they talked to the techs and everybody agreed that it was porbably a bad module so they shipped a new one out overnight, I had originally ordered it next day air, so I was very happy :) that they were so willing to fix the problem. I described how you all have raved about the bypass and they were very happy to hear about the satisfied customers and good "press" in the Edmunds forum. Only hitch they sent it UPS next day air w/ signature required; I have my sister-in-law waiting at my house the delivery should be made by 10:30 am EST so I'll let you know if I get it today. If I do I will definitly be installing the new bypass tonight. They even sent a return UPS label prepaid for me to return my deffective unit back to them. Well, as the saying goes if at first you don't succeed try, try again. On a side note does anybody have the Auto close rear hatch and notice that it is pretty loud when it latches closed? Almost sounds like it needs a little grease or something. I also noticed this with the front passenger door handle when opening the door from the outside.
  • Options
    Valid question. When Mommy is not along, I have to run rear dvd. I do not see how it is any more dangerous for the front dvd than a cell phone, nav, radio, etc. It is another example of liberal, prtectionists at work.
  • Options
    This is just a guess but I'll bet the GM attorneys would never allow a front viewable DVD screen notwithstanding that it's illegal in most states considering the liability involved. Surprised they even let us have the nav screen. It would be interesting to know how these companies selling a DVD bypass plan on defending the inevitable lawsuits.
  • Options
    jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    Easy. At least for the bypass in question. It's a temporary bypass that (based on reports from others on another site that are using it now) doesn't stay "bypassed" for very long. Basically it allows enough time to do what most of us would like- get to a menu, select whatever needs selected, and start the movie for the rear seat passengers (aka kids usually) before it returns to normal operation. If the user gets done first it can be manually "deactivated" again, or just allowed to return to normal operation on its own.

This bypass at least, is not intended to allow for the driver to watch a movie. Just to enable what common sense should've told the manufacturers most would want anyway.
  • Options
    deovindicedeovindice Member Posts: 11
    I'm still dissapointed with the lack of functionality from the advertised feature of AFM. I called GM and was unable to get a CSR who was even familiar with the engine feature. GM sent me a letter with information on how to submit a claim to the BBB. In short, you fill out a form at: http://www.dr.bbb.org/goauto You then follow up with a packet of information they send you.

I really like the truck and would have bought it without this feature...but if they are going to advertise that it works, they should be accountable for it actually working...
  • Options
    ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    That makes sense. I was going to say how it's pretty obvious why you shouldn't be watching movies in the front seat while driving. But obviously you should be able to control the DVD player and see on-screen menu so you can get it going for your kids.
  • Options
    junglegeorgejunglegeorge Member Posts: 129
    Has anyone installed the over ride in a Tahoe equipped with the NAV radio however without the rear DVD. My Question :

1. Does the over ride allow you to watch DVD’s on the front screen (in park)?

Thanks George
  • Options
    tuscotoddtuscotodd Member Posts: 50
    Well my Tahoe isn't exceeding the EPA numbers like my Buick LeSabre used to do - but I have found that if I drive the speed limit to 4mph over on the highway I am now able to get the an average of 19.8 to 20.1 depending on conditions. Things I have noticed are:
    The AC system REALLY pulls down the mpgs!!! It was nice enough the last trip I made that I did some experimenting with the AC on and the AC off. It goes and holds in V-4 MUCH quicker/easier with the AC off and was good for about 1mpg in and of itself!
    I switched to running 92 octane in my Tahoe based on feed back on other sites - this brought both the power and milage up. (From what I've read - the computer is quick to pull timing out if ping is noted and slooooooow to bring it back in - thereby limiting potential damage to the engine - but also hurting mpg/performance) - I was going to try 89 - but the station I buy my gas at - there is only a $.05/gallon difference to go from 89 to 92 so I jumped all the way to 92.
    I am running the tires at 40 PSI instead of 35. Noticed basically no difference in ride - but it does "seem" to coast further/easier, and tightened up the handling a bit.
    And I am running the Zoomers cat back exhaust which netted an improvement of about 1mpg right out the gate.
    I have yet to be able to fill up with non-10% ethanol gas - and would assume that I might pick up some additional milage there - but I have to drive out of my way to get to that station - so at this point, I haven't made it a priority to try.
    For reference - my 'Hoe is a 4x4, LT3 with 4.10 gears and 8900 miles on the clock and runs non-synthetic oil (plan on switching next change) :D
  • Options
    valvestudvalvestud Member Posts: 35
    I believe (hope) your info is incorrect. I have purchased the unit, but haven't had time to install. I called the company to clarify operation. There are two install modes; one simply does a parked only DVD lockout bypass. This allows front viewing of the DVD without interruption while in motion. The second install requires cutting a wire. This allows for entry of Nav data while in motion. This is frequently interrupted and the system re-locks itself so that the Nav unit can catch-up, because while overridden by the device, the Nav does not update position. I will likely only install the DVD fix.

I'll let you know how it works.

Joe
  • Options
    rockin_ltzrockin_ltz Member Posts: 61
    George...This over ride is NOT going to allow you to view DVD's on the front monitor. You must have purchased the rear seat entertainment package in order for a DVD "player" to have been installed in your console. If all you have is the NAV system installed...Then you can only play CD's in your system.

In other words...This over ride module does NOT convert your CD player to a DVD player.

Sorry 'bout that.
  • Options
    Has anyone had any problems with their Billet Grille's finish "flaking" off? I purchased a Carriage Works polished aluminum grille from Anythingtrucks.com and have only had it for a few months. The finish is flaking off in a few places and I was wondering if anybody else who maybe purchased a Carriage Works Grille may have had this problem.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com">
  • Options
    peedypeedy Member Posts: 27
    You information is incorrect on this....If you have have the GM lockpick then can use a video Ipod or external dvd player to view videos through the AUX function on the radio...
  • Options
    OK...Well maybe if you do utilize an auxiliary source for the player it will work.

However, the way the question was asked, it sounds like he was just asking about using the existing CD player to play DVD's on. :confuse:

If that's what was being asked...Then you won't be able to view movies.
  • Options
    As a follow-up to all:

You must have a DVD/NAV unit from the factory to play DVD's. Coastaletech's device of course does not make a DVD play in a CD player!

I have now installed the device and have mostly good news. The device allows a quick plug-in installation that will allow DVD's to play while the vehicle is in motion. It also allows provides menu functionality to the AUX port as well. I did not do the secondary installation that requires wire cutting to allow for NAV input while driving. After installation, a quick test drive confirmed that it worked as advertised.... except I can't control the volume!!.

You override by hitting the mute button on the steering wheel 4 times. Once overridden, the override can be killed by hitting either volume up or down on the steering wheel, or by hitting the OnStar button. I assumed (and I hope I'm right) that the volume control on the dash would still allow volume adjustment. Mine does not. To adjust volume you must kill the override, guess where you want the volume and then go back to override.

I've emailed and I'll be calling Coastaletech tomorrow. If this is "normal" behavior, I'll be returning the product.

Stay tuned.....
  • Options
    I got an overlay billet grill several months ago and finish is still hanging tough. Yours looks like bad metal prep prior to painting or whatever finish they used. Actually it looks like powder coating failure but I don't know what they used. Suggest you contact them. Good luck!
  • Options
    All,
    I recieved my replacement Nav bypass on tuesday night and installed, I also did the optional Address input install. I had already done the conecctions from my initial install with the defective box. Both work as they should. I can control the volume by turning the volume dial on the radio. Coastal was very helpful and responsive once I got a hold of them and told them of my problems. I just have not had time to send the defective unit back will do that tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yes that was exactly what I was asking, No kids, no need for a rear DVD, but would order the bypass if it would let me play DVD while the wife shops.
  • Options
    ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    So I was playing around with the "build your own" websites for Ford and GMC. It looks like the Expedition EL is going to be about $2,000 less than a comparably equipped Yukon XL. (Suburban seems to be a few hundred less than GMC.) The major differences I notice are that the Ford has a little lower gas mileage, but in its favor are the fold flat third row and the 6-speed. The third row's not too big a deal for me. Only has to be roomy enough for children, and given that I have three and will use it every day, I won't be removing it or folding it very often. Although I would like them to keep their feet off the backs of the middle row, and I have seen photos of actual adults in the third row of the new Expedition and it's pretty impressive.

Style is a toss up. The new GM interiors are nice, I actually like the fake wood trim. The Ford has some nice touches too. I especially like the Ford's A/C vents, and the center-mounted, as opposed to column-mounted, shifter. And there is one detail photo of the Ford's gauge cluster that looks exquisite. I sat in a new Tahoe a few months ago just for fun, and found the driver's seat to be narrow and my right leg bumped up against the center console. Haven't been inside a new Expedition yet. If that seat is just a bit wider, or the console is mounted lower, that could be a deal-maker for me. I'm not especially wide, mind you (36" waist), just long-legged. I've been inside the Sequoia and Tundra, and they don't have especially wide seats, but the center console is farily low to the floor, and the dash is not intrusive, so there is a feeling of spaciousness and your right knee doesn't hit anything. Once again though, not enough room behind the third row. Back to the topic at hand, I also really like the two-tone paint on the Eddie Bauer Fords.

Only GM has the remote start, which I'd like with the auto climate control. But only ford has the ventilated seats. I wonder how effective those really are, but what a cool idea. And GM has OnStar, of course, which I fortunately have not had to use yet, but really really like the idea.

I currently have a 2005 Yukon XL. At the time I bought it, there was no other option as far as I was concerned, Expedition just didn't have enough room behind the third row. (There was the Excursion, but that was much more expensive). Now there are serious options.

Any other key points I've missed? What swayed the rest of you one way or another? I'm interested in the long wheelbase versions but your thoughts re: regular Expedition vs. Tahoe or Yukon are also good.
  • Options
    twernst10,

Did you send yours back because of the volume control issue? That's what mine is doing. Mine was shipped after 8/24, which is after the 8/18 "upgrade" cut-off date. I got hold of them on the phone and there's a "possibility" that an old one got out. However, the woman I talked to still couldn't confirm that I should be able to adjust volume with the dash knob when in override, even though this seems to be what was fixed on yours!! She's supposed to call back with a difinitive answer as to what is the expected behavior/operation of the product.

How hard is this to design, test, sell, and document what a product does... or does not do.
  • Options
    All,

Finally talked to a guy at Coastaletech who is obviously one of the principles and was completely knowledgeable about the unit. Apparently it can react differently depending on the vehicle and the various sound system options. I have a Denali XL, with NAV, and rear seat entertainment. As such, and contrary to what I believe others are experiencing, I must disable the override to alter the volume level, using either the steering wheel or dash volume. Once adjusted, I can then go back to override mode.

He indicates some vehicle models don't have to stop the override to change volume with the dash knob. The other issue I have concerns volume level. I must crank up the volume substantially to get the same volume when listening to other audio sources. If I forget to reduce before going back to other sources, I'm blasted with very high volume. He indicates this is due to the volume level of the particular DVD, but I haven't confirmed.

He indicates they continue to work on improvements, but this is currently the best they can do. Their system works, by basically isolating the sound system from the electrical system of the vehicle. It is not just as simple as finding the right wire to override the lockout. The lockout is part of the CAN Bus used in these vehicles and is difficult to work around. Also, the single orange wire is a 12V ignition switched source the customer can use for various accessories like a radar detector. Switch 1 on the DIP switch must be turned on to enable this feature. I spent several hours trying to find a switched 12V on my Denali, so this is a nice feature.

Lots of data, if anyone wants more info, let me know, and I'll try to help.

Wasn't there another, albeit more expensive solution, that was mentioned in these forums? If so, please let me know.

Thanks,

Joe
  • Options
    greggbostongreggboston Member Posts: 39
    Hello,

I went through the same exercise and ended up buying a '07 Suburban. Here were my thoughts and some reasons why I bought GM over Ford.

1. GM products were on dealer lots (I purchased at the end of June), the Expy EL's I think are just showing up on lots now. I was willing to wait for the Ford but in no particular order here is how I saw it:
    2. I did not like the look of the new Expy dashboard. I think the GM look is look is a lot cleaner.
    3. Did not like the shifter in the center console. This is valuable space and that shifter is going to get all filled up with dirt, crumbs, etc
    4. The new Expy body is very truck-like, boxy with the Ford super-duty like grille, although there is nothing wrong with that I really liked the Suburban/Tahoe look, didn't like the Yukon face as much.
    5. Gas mileage. Gas was $3/gal when I was looking and the higher EPA mileage was a big plus for me. Plus the ability to burn E85 I thought would be valuable a few years down the road. Can't buy E85 where I live but if it catches on and is really cheaper (altho' MPG is 25% less with E85) didn't want to be stuck with the Expy and gas only.
    6. DVD system. I have young kids and the ability to load a DVD up front with the GM system was a plus. My kids can't reach the player on the roof of the Expy. Plus the GM system is more compact on the roof versus the Ford system which fills the roof right to left.
    7. Power fold & tumble 2nd row in the GM products. My wife hates manually folding that 2nd row seats, pressing a button makes it real simple to give access to 3rd row. Yes Ford has those powerfold 3rd row seats but most folks aren't powerfolding those seats every day. If you're loading passengers into a 3rd row every day the power fold & tumble 2nd row is a lot more valuable.
    8. 3rd leg room in the GM 'Burb, Yukon XL is OK for adults with the 2nd row bench, not good with the 2nd row buckets (the seat standards limit where you can put your feet with the bucket seats). My guess is that the Expy 3rd is probably better for Adults.
    9. 3rd row - fold & tumble in GM, fold flat in the Ford. This didn't matter to me, yes the Ford is cleaner.
    10. Safety. Ford beats GM on this although it's close. Ford has the side airbags and head curtain, GM just has the head curtain bags. Both have stability control, ABS, etc. GM daytime running lights are standard, optional on Ford. GM OnStar, Ford nothing like it.
    11. Interior storage space. The Expy has rear door pockets and I think a couple more storage nooks however those door pockets tend to collect a lot of junk.
    12. GM seats - heated back only or heated back & seat, not sure if the Ford can do this. Ford has the cooled seats this probably will keep the leather cooler. GM has 2nd row heated seats also, not sure if Ford has this.
    13. Remote start GM yes, Ford no.
    14. OnStar is nice (used it once already) but the Nav Radio system is impressive. The Nav radio is integrated with the vehicle OnStar phone so if you locate a restaurant for example all you have to do is touch the screen and the vehicle phone will call it. You can also enter your own phone numbers, people, etc into the system phone book. The only negative I see with the OnStar phone is that it does not appear to have caller ID. I know the Ford has a Nav system. Ford has Sirius, GM has XM, I liked XM better.

That's all I have time for right now.

- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • Options
    I have the Suburban with the same set-up, Nav with RSE DVD. I can adjust the volume using knob on the Nav Radio while in override mode. Thought the Yukon XL and Suburban systems were pretty identical....

- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • Options
    pdsniperpdsniper Member Posts: 5
    All,

I was confronted with the same decision. I have a father-in-law that works for GM and a brother-in-law that works for Ford. So I get employee pricing no matter which way I buy. I'm a Ford man myself and have a Super Duty.

When I started looking at a second vehicle I was leaning towards the Ford. I contacted my Ford salesman and had him send the order sheets on the EL. To my disbelief you couldn't get the vehicle with a limited slip/locking rear end. This was the deal sealer for me. Pulling a boat out of the water, driving in snow or wet conditions, off road it can make a difference. I don't care about the gas mileage so I opted for the new 6.0L (L76) w/DOD which has more HP, (66 HP & 15 lb/ft torque). I realize that I'm buying a full size SUV and I'm not going to get the gas mileage of a Honda Civic. I know that the EPA estimates are just that, estimates and the standards were set many years ago when the speed limit was 55 Mph. I also know better then to believe a "car salesman". The DOD works fine. Could improvements be made? I think so.

I was at the NASCAR race this weekend at Kansas and got to set in the EL and I too was not impressed with the interior. The gear shift on the console s*cks. The dashboard leaves a lot to be desired. I have always believed that GM has a better interior then Ford and it seems to hold true.

You can tow more with the Ford then the GM 1/2 ton, but it isn't’t that much more. It tows my bass boat just fine. The 6 speed transmission would be nice though.

I'm getting tired of typing and I'm sure you are getting tired of reading. So I’m going to end with this; which ever you decide to buy do your homework and don't rely on the on a car salesman. The internet is a great place to do research. Be sure to ask questions, check facts and don't expect unrealistic numbers.

I bought the Chevrolet ½ ton Suburban LTZ with all the fixing’s.
  • Options
    The Yukon and Suburban are the same, but the Denali is one step up in capability and performance. Apparently, it's the one that has the volume issue.

Joe
  • Options
    tenyearprotenyearpro Member Posts: 2
    You got the one from coastale tech correct?

Was it as easy to install?

Did you do the nav overide?

Any problems?
  • Options
    tenyearprotenyearpro Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had any problems with this product?

I have seen on a different site that they are hard to deal with customer service is this true?
  • Options
    You got the one from coastale tech correct?

Yes.

Was it as easy to install?

Yes, once panel is removed. I used tape covered putty knife. The clips hold very well, but they do break loose. The bottom center is the hardest.

Did you do the nav overide?

No, but I understand it works well. When in override, the screen will flash every 10-15 seconds so the GPS can catch-up.

Any problems?

See my other posts related to volume control. This may be only on Denali units with NAV and/or rear DVD
  • Options
    Has anyone had any problems with this product?

See my other posts

I have seen on a different site that they are hard to deal with customer service is this true?

Yes, they are hard to get hold of via phone. They respond pretty well via email. If you see my other posts, I finally was able to speak to one of the principles related to actual operation and some of the problems inherent to working with new car electrical systems.
  • Options
    I just finished the install of the Coastal E-Tech on my 07 GMC Yukon XL. It was very easy and only took me about 20 minutes to complete. The bypass for the DVD was a 5 minute job. The bypass for Nav system was another 10 minutes. However, I would caution you on one thing. After you install the wire taps on the green/white wire, you need to plug the brown connecter back into the unit. They do not tell you this in the instructions! I used a pocket knife to carefully remove plastic shroud. It works great!
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that GM has totally changed the mounting bracket on the 07 wipers. No more running to your local department store for spare or winter blades, looks like GM has the monopoly on this mount, at least for now. If you know where I can purchase winter blades for the 07 Tahoe, I would love to here from you, they come in real handy here in the north east. GM does not have a part number for winter blades, yet. thanks George
  • Options
    stormin800stormin800 Member Posts: 39
    Ahightower,
    FYI, Motor Trend does a comparison between the Suburban and Expedition EL in the November issue. Unfortunately, for us GM owners the test drivers chose the Expedition in a split decision over the Suburban. Yet,in the buying guide portion of the same issue the Suburban (and Tahoe) rated 4.5 stars,the Expedition 4 stars, the Yukon, Yukon XL 5 stars, and the Escalade 4 stars. For whatever its worth. FYI

Norm, New Hampshire
  • Options
    jdandcojdandco Member Posts: 5
    You asked about a more expensive option...I had already ordered one from a truck detail shop. They got it f
    from "NAV TV" I can find the internet site but it does not talk openly about it as does Coastaletch. My device only allows the DVD to run. You have to add an external switch, which was placed neatly under the dash easily accessible. It does not allow for XM Scolling or NAV input once up to speed. I originally didn't think of this option until reading about the device from Coastaletch. The one from Nav TV works fine you just click the switch and the video is on. The volume controls all operate normally. This option was 750 installed. It is not a plug in type there are a few wires to isolate. www.navtv.com
  • Options
    Does anyone else have trouble reading the gages in the daylight? I find myself constantly turning on the fog lights to illuminate the gage package, any suggestions. Thanks George.
  • Options
    My Son noticed this, but it hasn't bothered me at all.
  • Options
    kssoonerkssooner Member Posts: 10
    Yes we have George. My wife has been very adamant about the inability to read gages during daylight hours.
  • Options
    Hello,
    Are both outside mirrors electrochromatic or just the driver's side? We are noticing that only the driver's side mirror dims at night, is this normal? Our sticker implys both mirrors are electrochromatic however a friend said GM usually just has the driver's side mirror with this feature.

Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • Options
    Gregg,
    Just the driver side is electrochromatic. Most vehicles are only driver side, some of the luxury cars /suvs are both but not a lot. On the gauge issue I don't find them that hard to see, but I like driving with my fogs on anyway. I figure more lights allow others to see me better. Driving here around DC you need to be seen b/c most people are idiots and drive like maniacs. I do like how the needles have little red lights at the tips that "project" out onto the gauge; it definitly makes it easy to see what speed you are travelling at at night.
  • Options
    It seems the Sirius board has moved or been deleted. Has anyone seen any new info on when Sirius adapter will be out. I am in the 4 week of my 3 month free XM trial and really want my Sirius back. I have actually not cancelled my account with Sirius, I had it in my '03 Liberty. I really don't like paying for somebody else to listen to my Sirius but I don't want to cancel because I prepaid for the year. Well, once it comes out whoever is driving my old Jeep will get in their car one day and not have Sirius anymore and probablly think the radio is busted. I kinda wish I knew who had the Jeep so I could warn them ;)
  • Options
    New problem, has anyone had a problem with the auto ride – air shocks on the LTZ’s? Mine stopped working this AM, normally when I hook the trailer up the compressor raises the rear of the truck to compensate for the tong weight of 300 LBS. I hate to take it to the dealer if it is a simple fix. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks George
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    It seems the Sirius board has moved or been deleted.

Do you mean this one? XM & Sirius Satellite Radio

tidester, host
  • Options
    rmejiarmejia Member Posts: 8
    I recently replaced the factory wheels and tires on my suburban. went to 22" wheels, problem is the sensors on the DIC system keeps going off. I went thru the steps of re programming the system, didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong?? Any suggestions
  • Options
    Thanks, it took a couple of days but my dealer has stated the same regarding the mirrors.

As for gauge daytime readability I haven't noticed an issue. My only concern in this area was that at night the Nav screen was a bit bright and I found that couldn't dim the gauges enough. I went in a adjusted the Nav screen brightness/contrast and now it seems acceptable. The Nav screen also can be totally shut off if desired, done that a couple of times.

-- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • Options
    I find that the 2 rear wiper speed settings are next to worthless. When it's raining the fastest setting isn't fast enough to keep the rear window clear (4 second delay if my memory is correct) and the slow setting (16 second delay?) is way too slow for mist situations. We have the rain sense wipers which are great for the front (highly recommended option), not sure why GM chose to only give us 2 lousy rear settings. My old Ford Explorer had 2 settings but they seemed to be the correct delays to handle rain & mist. We have the Suburban, I'm guessing the rear delays are the same for the Tahoe... Maybe the 'burb needs different delays than the Tahoe?

-- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • Options
    My Tahoe rear speeds are approx 25 sec on delay and 6 sec on continuous (?). When I asked service about this, they said that was normal. I agree that 6 sec is a little long in heavy rain conditions.

As for the RainSense on the front, they must have changed the software because the RainSense on my 2002 TrailBlazer LTZ worked better.
  • Options
    upsman90upsman90 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone else's windshield washers only seem to wet the bottom half of the windshield? I have a 07 Yukon SLT. The dealer is telling me that its normal but I need to be doing about 80 to actually wet the top of the window and even then it's not that good.

I would love to know who's bright idea it was to put the washer ports on the wiper blades.
This discussion has been closed.