Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    coolbreeziecoolbreezie Member Posts: 6
    2010 IS250 smokey granite / black interior.
    Navigation, HID Lights, 18" Alloys, Prem Package

MSRP: 38975
    PRICE: $35900 (before tax/tag/etc)

I'm going to try to knock it down maybe $500 and take it for around $38000 out the door--- what do you guys think?
  • Options
    sunrom1sunrom1 Member Posts: 7
    Is this for AWD? Which city/dealer? I got a quote of $35 for 2009 IS 250 AWD (with navigation package) in Minnesota. Not sure I want to go with this.
  • Options
    sunrom1sunrom1 Member Posts: 7
    I mean $35k
  • Options
    kimmie102kimmie102 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the average price people are paying for a used 2008 IS250? The dealerships are listing them for between 28-33k and didnt know the starting price to negotiate from. I found one at a local dealership with 21k miles with nav listed for 29k. Where should i start negotiating from? Is 26k a reasonable start?
  • Options
    jacqueline6jacqueline6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi daveis,

I am also interest in buying IS250 LEXUS from states, there is one dealer ship i found in Philadelphia, their IS250 with millage 1500. They replied me an email saying car wo'tn be able to sell to Canadian, it has to be US resident with valid ID, and address on car insurance has to match to id . Can you tell me which dealership you buy from ?
  • Options
    kaelyndkaelynd Member Posts: 1
    Hello

I am wondering if this is a good deal?

http://www.johnsonlexusraleigh.com/VehicleDetails/538252873

2008 IS 250
    $32,981
    Miles:23,967
    Nav System, Blue Tooth, Backup Camera
    Prem Package with wood trim
    6 disc prem sound system
    Real Spoiler

What I am looking for is a 2008, 09, 10 IS 250 with Nav System and Spoiler. I would like ext color to be white, but I would consider Black too. If the price is right I would buy the car, but I am also willing to lease with at least 15k miles/year.

Im a young female professional, so I feel like I am taken advantage of when I look at cars because I am not a strong negotiator as a male might be...nor know enough about cars...but I would like a good deal and looking to buy in the very immediate future.

I am looking in the NC and FL area.
  • Options
    jacqueline6jacqueline6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi mgala,

I am also interest in buying IS250 LEXUS from states, there is one dealer ship i found in Philadelphia, their IS250 with millage 1500. They replied me an email saying car wo'tn be able to sell to Canadian, it has to be US resident with valid ID, and address on car insurance has to match to id . Can you tell me which dealership you buy from ?
  • Options
    serveace6serveace6 Member Posts: 29
    Anyone get an IS250 2010 or 2009 recently? Also, for those who own one, is premium recommended or required in the manual?
  • Options
    ccchrisccchris Member Posts: 3
    I wouldn't pay 32,981$ for that car. I bought an 08 IS250 AWD about 3 weeks ago with those exact same specifications in Dark Grey except it had 16000 miles.

I paid 30,900 Out the Door or around 29,900 excluding taxes. It was originally listed for 32,970. So I basically knocked 3000 of the list price. You should be shooting for 31k out the door or lower.
  • Options
    hiddenhidden Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a IS350 in So Cal.
    What should be the deal I'm looking for?

I suggest to a dealer about $300 above invoice (for a car with MSRP of $42790)
    He called me crazy. Am I really crazy?

I thought it's reasonable for this kind of market...
  • Options
    dusikdusik Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,
    I just came back from the dealership in South Jersey and got a quote:

2010 IS 250 AWD with premium plus package MSRP:$37,495..
    I got it down to $34,900. MF they gave me was .00225.. is that good? He said they cant do anything about money factor.. this is for 36 month lease with 10k miles.. Can I do better then that?? RV was 23.404 which is 63%..

He said if I put $4k security deposit it would be .00162

just want your opinion if you think its a good deal or I should do better then that
  • Options
    singeversingever Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I just got a 2010 IS 250 with automatic, ventilated seats, xenons, navigation, 18 inch wheels. MSRP was $38,900 and I paid $34,400. I leased it for 36 months and 15k/year. Money factor was 60% and money factor was 0.0022 (approx). No cap reduction with minimum drive off (license, doc fee, 1st month payment ) of approx. $1700 (California). My monthly payment before tax is $430.
  • Options
    llhh0223llhh0223 Member Posts: 6
    SOS!
    I was able to locate a base 09 IS250 in Chicago area.
    What price I should expect for an 09 model at this time!

Please help asap!!

thanks in advance!
  • Options
    rayjr75rayjr75 Member Posts: 9
    Hi singever. Where are u located and how were u able to get the price down to 34400? Straight to internet department or? Looking at similar options here in texas.
    Thanks,
    Ray
  • Options
    ghettocowboyghettocowboy Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I am also from SoCal, can you please provide the dealer's name and the salesman and can I use you as a refer?? Please let me know. TIA. And if I can use you as a refer, can you email me your name to michaelluu@hotmail.com.
    TIA
    Michael
  • Options
    singeversingever Member Posts: 2
    Located in northern California. Went straight to internet department. I don't think they made much money, if at all, on the deal. But the deal is available out there.
  • Options
    is350boyis350boy Member Posts: 1
    Since 2010 IS350 is by order only (I've been told by two dealers in Connecticut), it's hard to get good price. I would say a good deal is $500-$1000 above invoice. I ordered a 2010 IS350 three weeks ago in Connecticut at $500 above invoice after few tough negotiations.
  • Options
    Did you tell the internet dept what you were looking for and they came back with a price? Was there a lot of back and forth about the price? Sorry, never dealt with the internet dept process before.
  • Options
    flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    the internet dept is like any sales people you deal with, just you don't see them in person. but of course you want to keep it simple, and to the point.
    basically you tell them what you are looking for, make sure they have exactly what you are looking for. no more and no less. then tell them how much you want it for. that's it. either they can do it or not. that's it, simple.
    I never waste my time with their sales talk, that's just stupid. Know exactly what you want, and what price you are willing to pay. that's it.
  • Options
    Bought it OTD for $33,400 (TTL included which is approx 10.75% for SoCal). Any1 know where is a good place for HID aftermarket upgrade
  • Options
    hey ghettocowboy, which dealer did you go to in socal?
  • Options
    SkyTribeSkyTribe Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a 2010 IS250 AWD Truffle Mica - No Nav

Lexus of Bellvue seem unwilling to give a price for vehicle without going into the dealership.

Anyone know of dealers who may have this ?
  • Options
    Longo Lexus. I went on Black Friday. Not because they have good promotion or anything, just that they haven't met their goal for the month and thus I was able to get it for such a good price
  • Options
    Nice, what was the price before TTL? I'm assuming I would be the same since I'm in San Diego, did you look at the new port lexuS?
  • Options
    that is the price OTD (out the door), so almost $1700 under the invoice price
  • Options
    jamesbongjamesbong Member Posts: 2
    2008 is 250
    Options Included: Loaded with NAVIGATION, BACKUP CAMERA, BLUETOOTH, 18" Alloy Wheels, High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System (really neat feature that allows the headlights to swivel on turns for better visiblity), Premium Package, HEATED and VENTILATED Front Seats, Wood Trim Interior, Perforated Leather Seat Upgrade, Moonroof, Lexus Premium Audio w/ 6-Disc Changer, 13-Speakers, and Miniplug Auxiliary Input for MP3 Players, and MORE!!

Frost mica color - price is 29,988 im thinking of asking 2500 less and put 5000 down
    would that be a good deal?

pls help im thinking of buying this car this week end :)
  • Options
    You listed all the features but you forgot the 2 most important things: Mileage and the condition of the car. Is the price OTD? You can get the 2010 brand new for $36500 OTD if you are willing to haggle.
  • Options
    mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    Looking to lease the IS 250 with Navigation package MSRP $38300. Got a quote for $33941, res. value 62% and money factor .0020. With $2000 down he came up with $423/month tax included. With these numbers and additional fees of approximately $450 I come up with $387/month???? What am I missing here????
  • Options
    mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    He's charging me a $700 bank doc fee. That seems really high? Don't even have such a fee on my Volvo C30 lease? What gives?
  • Options
    georgiagirl13georgiagirl13 Member Posts: 24
    Hi All,

Considering the 2010 IS 250, Premium package, Nav. I live in the Atlanta area. Has anyone recently dealt with any of the dealers in this area? What type of deal were you able to negotiate? Trying to determine where to start my search and negotiations. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    fishlegs69fishlegs69 Member Posts: 3
    I used this forum every time I have to lease a new Lexus and it ALWAYS helps me get a good deal. However, I got a deal that seems to be better than what I've read so far and want to share.

I sent my request through Lexus website to Lexus of Cerritos in SoCal to lease a Black Lexus IS250 with Navigation system with Black leather interior. It has perforated leather seats and moonroof. No rear spoiler. 3 yr lease. 12k miles a year. My drive off was $980 which included the first month lease payment...and my monthly payment tax included is $436/month! Feel free to contact them the same way I did and you can also mention Edmunds forum and that you heard this from "Harvey". Its the internet people that give you the best deals in my opinion anyway.

This is the best payment I could get with excellent credit. The lower the credit score, the more you have to pay as expected. Keep in mind that this is probably a deal while "December to Remember" is on. So, in January who knows how things can change, so thats why I did it now. Good luck!
  • Options
    littlephillylittlephilly Member Posts: 2
    anyone have experience with dealers on long island? I am looking for a base 2010 is250 rwd manual and I am shooting for $500-800 below invoice. do i stand a chance?
    thanks.
  • Options
    fishlegs69fishlegs69 Member Posts: 3
    You are not missing anything. I got a IS 250 with Navigation lease deal with Lexus of Cerritos in Southern California for $980 down and $436/month tax included. Its 3 yr. 12k/yr. This deal made me say "wow..what am I missing"..but I have the car and the lease to prove it.
  • Options
    imyopushaimyopusha Member Posts: 4
    OK, I think I am one of the first people in the country who purchased this car (The dealer said there were only 32 in the country at this time with my color... interesting) so I'll let you know my experience. First off, let me say the buying experience was excellent at Johnson Lexus in Raleigh, NC. I dealt with a quote I received via email and we ended up going with that. Here's what transpired:

2010 Lexus IS 350 Pearl Ext. / Ecru (Tan) Int.
    Navigation/Bluetooth/rear camera
    HID Lights with adaptive front lighting system
    18" Alloys with Summer Tires
    Premium package with heated/vent seats and walnut wood trim
    Rear lip Spoiler
    Trunk Mat
    Cargo Net

MSRP: 43,106
    Negotiated Price: 40,100
    Military Discount: -$750
    Tire Insurance: $480
    Tax (SC) $300
    OTD: 40,130 (plus 3.9 % financing- didn't QUITE qualify for the "December to remember" 0.9%)

This Car Is Amazing

Pix:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815405
  • Options
    is1000is1000 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Singever:

Did you lease the Is250 or did you purchase it? I got confused when you said that you paid $34,400 for it, then you said you leased it for 36 months. Can you please clarify? Also did you IS comes with the spoiler, cargo net, carpets and wheel locks?
  • Options
    is1000is1000 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Ghettocowboy:

Did you buy a 2010 or did you buy a 2009?

Thanks
  • Options
    I got a 2010 with premium package value edition, prefer accessory with Z1, and rear spoiler
  • Options
    lifted619lifted619 Member Posts: 2
    After a long grueling six months of waiting to get this car, it has finally happened.Here are the details:

2010 is250 (Starfire Pearl)
    w/ Navigation

List: $38900
    Sale Price: $34500

60% Residual
    .00210 Money Factor
    Out of pocket: Only $1700.00 (First Month, Doc Fees, etc)

Monthly payment is $430.00 plus tax

I am located in Southern California

If you are looking to buy this car, I would suggest to try and buy it before Christmas because all the dealers are hurting big time.

Hope this helps:)
  • Options
    I've received email quotes that are all ~31k + TTL. Do you think I can get it for ~30k OTD so basically ~28 + TTL paying in cash?
  • Options
    greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Absolutely no chance in hell. You won't even get a new 2009 for that price (if you can find one). The invoice on a base auto RWD 2010 IS250 is $29,713 (that doesn't even include the $875 destination fee which makes it $30,588!). You think a dealer is going to do $2,500 under invoice on a brand new 2010 (mind you, it's still 2009!), you have to be kidding me. Cash or no cash, no dealer will give you that price, you could pay in gold bricks and still won't get that price.
  • Options
    iceteruiceteru Member Posts: 8
    Seems that "greeneyespsu" is a car sales-man........
  • Options
    kimmie102kimmie102 Member Posts: 2
    Finally got my new 2010 IS 250! Here's what I paid for it:

negotiated price:$30,000
    OTD:$32,974
  • Options
    hi kimmie102,

What are the specs on your is250? Was there any incentives? Also what area are you in >
  • Options
    greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Uh no, I am someone who regularly contributes to this forum and got my IS earlier this year (and I got mine for the cheapest or next to cheapest anyone on this forum got all year) so I know what dealers are offering and what deals are to be had. Just because someone posts ridiculous offers/numbers and I put them into perspective (i.e. reality) doesn't mean I'm a car salesman.

Feel free to look at my previous posts to see the deal that I got, it's still better than any deal anyone here is getting. I think there was only one person who got a better deal by $448 on the selling price of the car, but I believe his payments were higher than mine anyway b/c his MF was higher.
  • Options
    I'm talking to a few internet departments here and was wondering what I can throw out as a reasonable starting offer. This will be for a base optioned 2010 IS250. Considering how some people have gotten it for 30K + TTL, what's a good one to start with? Do I have a better chance of getting it even lower on the 2009s? Thanks.
  • Options
    HokNYCHokNYC Member Posts: 47
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this:

2010 250 AWD w premium package
    MSRP 38200
    Price 34946
    MF 0.0020
    RV 63%
    10k/Yr
    36 months
    Cap Cost 1000
    Drive off $2000

$411/month (nj tax included)
  • Options
    chris_e1chris_e1 Member Posts: 2
    I have called eight dealerships no 09's and maybe one or two 10's max if any to choose from. Most say the dont have any on order either. The Infiniti dealer ships has at least 50 G37's on the lot. Is the is350 just not that popular or is it too popular? Since this is the buying leasing section here is what I was quoted:

2010 Sticker $42,315
    Sale Price $39,600
  • Options
    imyopushaimyopusha Member Posts: 4
    Yeah, I don't know if you saw my post, but the dealer said there are only 32 2010 Starfire Pearl IS 350's in the country. My best guess is predicted demand is greater than expected. The dealership I went to, Johnson Lexus in Raleigh, NC, had two others (red and black). Other than that, there were very few. Ordering one is at about 3 months at this time. So, you may have to do some traveling. Well worth it though!

-JB
  • Options
    testmaxtestmax Member Posts: 2
    Purchased at Woodfield Lexus, Schaumburg IL - 31 Dec 09

IS250 AWD
    MSRP Invoice
    $35,475 $31,926
    NV Navigation System $2,465 $2,085
    LD Luxury Plus Value Edition Package $1,740 $1,546
    Preferred Accessory $210 $124
    Destination Charge $875 $875
    Total with Options $40,765 $36,556

Price paid $37,900 + Tax + TTL,DOC and DMV (fixed prices)
    What is your take on $37,900. ( Obama is also allowing us to write off sales tax off your income for 2009). So I should say, it cost me around $37,100- $37,200