Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    How is anyone going to know what OTD number is reasonable for you? OTD includes taxes, tags, and fees that vary greatly from state to state and dealer to dealer. The selling price of a car is what you need to compare.

The Costco program is for new cars, not used cars. If you were in the market for a new car the Costco program is pretty worthless right now. You can get better deals without it.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    celeenaceleena Member Posts: 1
    I would highly recommend all of you in so. cal to purchase/lease your Lexus from Newport Lexus or at least allow them the opportunity to give you a quote. I can't speak highly enough of this dealership and the internet sales manager.
    I leased my 2008 IS 250 last September and absolutely love my car.

My husband just leased a 2009 IS 250 w/ Nav and Premium package:
    36 month lease
    $2K total drive off
    $435 per month
    12k miles per year

I priced out this car at every Lexus dealership in So. cal and none of them could come close to this deal. A few dealerships were actually incredibly rude and difficult to deal with. They kept bugging us to come in and wouldn't finalize the numbers through the phone or email.
    Why would anyone want to spend an entire day listening to a sales pitch at a car dealership??
    Besides the great deal, Newport Lexus is by far the nicest car dealership ever! Service, staff and the perks you get from purchasing there are awesome!
  • Options
    greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    I have heard great things about Newport Lexus (never dealt with them myself as I live in Los Angeles), but I really don't think you got a good deal at all. It's hard to tell exactly since you didn't give the selling price of the car, but you say you JUST leased the car so I assume that means this month. I leased my IS back in March with the same setup as you mentioned PLUS 18" wheels. My car is also an 09 with 12k/36mo. My drive-off was around $700 (first month plus fees) and my monthly now that taxes went up is $417. You're paying almost $20 more per month (over $700 more over the life of the lease) plus your drive off was $1300 more. So your car is costing you $2000 more over the lease than mine did and I got mine 5 months ago plus mine also had 18" wheels. You should have been able to do much better than that now that the 2010's are about to come out. I got my 2009 IS250 with Premium, Navi, and 18's (MSRP $37,656) for $32,448 from Vista Lexus in Woodland Hills so I would suggest to everyone to shop around.
  • Options
    GCN71GCN71 Member Posts: 9
    Yesday I put a deposit on a 2010 Lexus IS 250 AWD with Nav - OTH for $39.548.36. Any comments?
  • Options
    maxbetamaxbeta Member Posts: 12
    Is that the price before TTL?
  • Options
    brandonhoangbrandonhoang Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I got an offer of $100 over the invoice from 2 dealers from Chicago area for a 2009 IS250 AWD w/ Lux/Pre/Nav package. However, they said the MSRP is 40,708 and invoice is 37,000. The invoice here at Edmunds is around 36,600.

My question is that how close is the invoice at Edmunds compare to dealer's invoice? could that be the dealer jack up the invoice price? Please let me know ASAP, I'm planning to pick up the car tomorrow, thanks

John
  • Options
    dhakadhaka Member Posts: 4
    i would try to get $4000-$4500 below msrp
  • Options
    That was the OTD price - including TTL.
  • Options
    What was the selling price? Before taxes or other fees?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    aeschylusaeschylus Member Posts: 1
    What was the time frame for receiving your car? Been debating about waiting for the 2010's. Congrats btw
  • Options
    $38,166.00
  • Options
    I should received it on / or about 24 September.
  • Options
    serveace6serveace6 Member Posts: 29
    I was offered a 2010 IS 250 RWD with the Premium Package Value Edition for what was considered cost at 31k and I believe MSRP with 34k. This is before TTL and without any kind of negotiations. Is this a good price? If negotiations were to start, what's a good starting point? This was at Newport Lexus, in Newport Beach, CA.
  • Options
    j1huynhj1huynh Member Posts: 28
    Hi All,
    I am looking to get a 2010 IS 350 with navigation in the bay area. What's the price I can expect to get for 2010 model?
    Exterior Color = Obisidan
    Interior Color = Black Perforated Leather Trim with Dark Gray Bird's-Eye Maple Accent
    Base MSRP = $37,295
    Navigation Package + option = $4,410
    Rear spoiler = ???
    Delivery Fee = $875
    ====
    Total before other tax and other stuff = $42580 + rear spoiler.

How much can I expect to get?
    This is my first time buying a car. TIA!
  • Options
    vaskinfanvaskinfan Member Posts: 2
    Good Luck !! Have you seen any around ?? I bought one Just like the one you want only with a differint color interior. Cost me 41000+taxes etc. Wasn't much of deal, but I checked 5 dealers within 200 miles from me and only found 1 350 !! Could have landed a 250 with a bigger discount but I wanted the 350 and knew I wouldn't be satisfied with the 250.I love it and am glad I bought it....but like I said, with no competition this dealer wasn't haggling on the 350. !!
  • Options
    Hi vaskinfan,
    Thanks for reply. You haven't seen me around.
    Can you tell me which dealer did you get the is350 from? Also, the 2010 navigation package also include the 18" wheel automatically right? i am trying to configure a 2009 is350 to see how much i would save if i go for a 2009 instead of 2010.
    I am still going to test drive the g37 and is350 to compare. But from specs and pictures, I am gearing towards the is350 more. I know i won't be satisfied with the is250. =/

I wonder if there'll be more is350 later from other dealer to bring the cost down..
  • Options
    So here's my quote. What do you guys think? I really want a spoiler.. arg..
    is it possible to order a brand new one with spoiler?

2010 IS350 black exterior/interior.
    18" Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires
    w/225/40R18 Front+55/40R18 Rear Summer Tires
    High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front
    Lighting System ............................
    Navigation System ..........................
    Hard Disk Drive Navigation System, Lexus Enfo
    with Destination Assist, and eDestination ..
    (includes 1-year trial subscription), Lexus
    Insider, Voice Command, XM NavTraffic, XM ..
    NavWeather, and XM Sports & Stocks (includes
    90-day trial subscription) .................
    Premium Package Value Edition ..............
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, Wood Inter
    Trim, and Perforated Leather Seat Upgrade ..
    Cargo Net ..................................
    Trunk Mat ..................................

Total Msrp $ 42790.00

Your price is 39998+ tax and lic, thru closing tomorrow.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    The dealer can install a spoiler... you don't have to order it that way... For extra cost, of course..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    thefifthapethefifthape Member Posts: 4
    The dealer I'm working with found the IS250 I want at another dealer that's 350 miles away. They want $800 to transport the car. It would be cheaper for me to fly first class to the city with the car and drive the car back myself!

What experiences have other people had when the car they want has to be transported to the dealer?
  • Options
    Hi,
    I am just curious. Is it possible for that dealer to order a brand new car for you with the price they gave you?
  • Options
    thefifthapethefifthape Member Posts: 4
    They would have to order a 2010 which right now has less favorable leasing terms. They also told me I couldn't lock in the current lease rates. I would have to take whatever lease rates were available when the car was delivered. I'm not sure if that's true--it sounds fishy to me. I think they were trying to steer me towards a 2009 because they want to get rid of them. Which is fine with me if I get a good deal.
  • Options
    coolbreeziecoolbreezie Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know when the 2010 IS250 is expected to be available on the Costco Auto Purchase website (or the Amex Auto Program)?
  • Options
    How much of a difference is the Costco and or Amex program?
  • Options
    What is the lowest amount I should be aiming for on a 2010 IS250?
  • Options
    They should be the same (or close). I got quoted $500 above invoice for the 2009 model and would love to see that for the 2010.
  • Options
    Nice, what was the spec?
  • Options
    plnkpolarbearplnkpolarbear Member Posts: 1
    got offered $35205 and $39200 out the door for 2010 IS250 RWD with Nav and premium package (or whatever it's called...the one with HID and 18'' wheels). What do you guys think? I'm in LA area...
  • Options
    Do you guys know when will the next generation of IS come out?
    =/
    Currently, I am being offer $500 over invoice for 2010 IS 350. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    that's about $200 invoice...i think.
  • Options
    I think it was Tier 3 spec - HID, Nav, Prem Package, 18" Alloy, etc. That was during the last week of August and the dealer said they'd do $300 over invoice as well. Since I heard so many people were getting way below invoice for the 2009 models and dealers in my area weren't budging from their price points, I decided to take my luck on a 2010 model. Hopefully Costco/Amex auto will negotiate something good once its on their webpage =(.
  • Options
    What's the lowest price I should be targeting for a base model? Is it even possible to get below invoice? I'm in SoCal.
  • Options
    flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    have you try to read the thread?
  • Options
    Yeah, just trying to see if there's any luck on the 2010 or just super recent ones.
  • Options
    redlinepbredlinepb Member Posts: 12
    I went to a lexus dealership yesterday to get a lease quote on a 2009 IS350 and was very disappointed. Here is what the salesman quoted me.

MSRp - $43,250.00
    selling price is $39,995.
    36 month lease/ 12K a year with $1,000 total down

He said my payments a month would be $655 a month plus tax so close to $700 a month for the lease for a 2009 IS350.

when I kept asking him to tell me how he came up with that figure and what was the money factor and residual value he kept blowing me off then finally gives me the money factor for a 48 month lease which is not what i wanted.

residual 43% and the money factor .00180, both at 48 months.

He also kept trying to push the 250 on me which I did not want
    Does this seem ridciulous to anyone else?
  • Options
    marniewmarniew Member Posts: 4
    Can someone please tell me if $30,000 is a good price for a CPO 2008 IS 250 w/nav and premium pkg that has 21,000 miles? I am supposed to go to the dealer's in MD today as he says price is only good for today! Dealer originally wanted $31, 500 and says $30,000 is the lowest he can go.

With the recall in the news, should I bargain any harder when I get there?
  • Options
    benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    here's the deal I recently got:

2009 IS 250
    Breakwater Blue
    Light Grey/Black 2 tone interior with dark birdseye maple accents
    18" rims ('Lobster Claw style) with summer Bridgstone tires
    HID lights with Adaptive system (lights pivot according to steering input)
    Gen 5 NAV system
    Premium package - heated/vented seats, wood trim, upgraded seats
    Rear lip spoiler
    Preferred Accessory package (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks, rear bumper applique (sticker to keep from marring the bumper)

MSRP: $39,120
    Selling price: $34,500 ($800.00 BELOW Invoice)
    MF: .00075
    Residual: 53%
    Cap cost reduction: 0
    Only paid "drive off's": 1st mo payment, acquision fee (700.00), registration, cali 8.25% taxes, doc fee (55.00) and cali tire fee (8.75) = $1,762.50

36 month lease with 15k/yr = $458.63 Includes 8.25% cali taxes ($423.68 + $34.95)

LEXUS OF VALENCIA INTERNET DEPT made this deal happen!!
  • Options
    I've never gotten a deal thru the internet dept before, how did you approach them? Any advice on a strategy to work with the internet dept?

In general, are internet deals better than in person?
  • Options
    benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    Not to sound rude but you approach them thru their website. Others have called the internet dept - "The give away guys"

Only strategy would be to have all your research done and what should be a solid offer "ready to go"

And yes, I have found that the internet dept does not play the 'dog & pony show' game.
  • Options
    Thanks! I will definitely give it a try.
  • Options
    greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    I hope you didn't bite on that deal. You can definitely work more than that. You can get a brand new 2009 for about that price now (well, a little more), especially since the 2010's are out. I bought a 2009 back in March with nav and premium PLUS 18" wheels for $32,448. That was 7 months ago, you should be able to get lower than that now. Paying $30k on a CPO 2008 is crazy.
  • Options
    Thanks for replying and NO, I didn't get it but I was ready to until I got there and saw tht the so-called "CPO" had a slit in the left front tire, a dent in the right rear bumper, numerous scrathces and was not even detailed.

What a crock!! Needless to say I was very disappointed and even wrote to inform Lexus of this sham. I asked the dealer to see the 161 point inspection sheet and none of thee items were listed on it so I'm at a loss to understand how they could even act it a "CPO" . To add insult to injury, I drove over 100 miles to pick it up...(navi is hard to find on the 2008's.)

Thanks for telling me how much you paid for your IS 250. May I ask what part of the country you live in greeneyespsu?
  • Options
    sounds_goodsounds_good Member Posts: 27
    >> What is the lowest amount I should be aiming for on a 2010 IS250?

I'd like to know this too. Specifically, a 2010 IS 250 with the 'economy' premium package (the one with perforated leather seats, HID headlights, memory seats... but NOT the 18" wheels).

Anyone? :confuse:
  • Options
    superarvsuperarv Member Posts: 2
    I live in Southern California and I just got quoted an OTD price of $31,5K on a CPO '06 IS350 (white/beige) with around 35K miles on it. It's fully loaded with nav, ML audio system, etc.

Just wondering if it's a good deal?
  • Options
    What is the price? Before taxes, etc.
  • Options
    superarvsuperarv Member Posts: 2
    It's about $28,600 before TTL.
  • Options
    ytkytk Member Posts: 1
    Is this good deal or dealer is lying?

Here’s the absolute best I can do. I am not lying to you, I am not trying to play games I simply want to earn your business. There is no longer a 2009 IS250-AWD black with black interior and navigation available. I have a 2010 with navigation. All of the cars in the area with Navigation have the following options and MSRP:

- Rear Lip Spoiler

- Navigation

- Luxury Plus Package

- Headlamp Washers

MSRP is $41,254. Invoice is $37,427. You can buy the 2010 for $37,927. That is only $500 over invoice and an extremely good deal.
  • Options
    sewarkersewarker Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys. What do you think about this deal in Philadelphia

2009 IS250 AWD
    Premium Luxury Plus Package
    Navigation System with Rear Camera and Bluetooth
    Premium Package
    Headlamp Washers

MSRP: $40, 719
    Cap Cost: $37, 368
    MF: .00075
    Residual: 53%
    Term: 36 months
    Miles: 15k
    Out of Pocket: $3k
    Monthly Payment: $489

Any feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Just an update to my 10/4 post...so I wrote to Lexus to complain about the condition of the CPO at Rockville Lexus in MD that I described in my post and within 4 days the $30K, 2008 Lexus IS with nav and premium pkg was reduced to 28K. Moral of the story: Don't take it lying down. Be the squeaky wheel that gets some grease!!!
  • Options
    sunrom1sunrom1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I am looking for 2009 IS 250 AWD. What would be a good price for this? I am looking in Minnesota market.

Thanks
  • Options
    snoopyysnoopyy Member Posts: 1
    So far we're also looking at the same everything too. So far the best we could do out the door is $34,800 which comes out to about $31,340 before tax/license. So if you've got a $31k offer that's pretty darn good without even stepping into a dealership. What were your negotiating tactics?

Does anyone have any input on 2010 IS 250 with similar/better offers? Thanks all!