Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    iceteruiceteru Member Posts: 8
    I purchased tonight a white Lexus hs 250h with Navigation for $34,660 + 300 windows tinting + Tax&License. The interest rate was of 4.9% for good credit score.

This car suppose to give 34/35 mpg and have the same technology as the GS hybrid. I preferred to pay $3K more and get the Lexus instead of the Prius IV.
  • Options
    jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats on your new ride.
    What was the MSRP on it?
    Thankyou
  • Options
    ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    Almost purchased it but ended up leasing an IS 250AWD instead. How's the ride?
  • Options
    Its is a great car. I tough it was going to be slow car but is not. The HS250H has 188 HP while the IS250 has 204HP. I have a 2003 Acura 3.2TLS (270HP) and do not feel huge difference. I as surprise that so little car can have so much power, way more then the 2010 PRIUS which has only 130HP.

The MSRP was $38,563. I had an add on tinting (valued $800) for $300. Good quality tinting cost $200 but this will have the LEXUS warranty.
  • Options
    It is a good ride.

I almost did the same but change my mind when I saw the performance of the HS250H.
  • Options
    mikenymikeny Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if 450$ a month including 9% tax with Zero down(only bank fee + 1st + sec. deposit and MV fees and tax in payment) is a possible deal for a 2010 IS250 AWD with Navigation package - MSRP 40,955.

Thanks.
    Mike NYC
  • Options
    greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Absolutely not possible. I live in CA (9.75% tax) and got my 2009 IS for $32,448 (MSRP $37,656) and my MF is .00006 with top tier credit and buy-down with 9 MSD's and my payments are $417 a month with same first down as you mentioned.
  • Options
    ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    How do the MSD work?
    The finance manager that day didn't really seem enthusiastic when I brought it up. Of course, they had closed already and it was Jan 4 so maybe he just wanted to finish and leave. Didn't even try to sell me any add ons!
  • Options
    muathusanjosemuathusanjose Member Posts: 11
    Hi guys,
    This Lexus MSRP is $38,510 http://www.lexusfremont.com/new/Lexus/2010-Lexus-IS+250-58caf7887f000001010fbe75- 935158cd.htm

I offer $33,500 + Tax/fees, do I stand a chance ??
  • Options
    smithmadsmithmad Member Posts: 19
    I am considering the purchase of an IS250 2010 but as I have been reading reviews of the car (older); there were complaints about the road noise and that the car was uncomfortable because you can feel every bump etc. Can any please advise on their experince with driving the IS250 on the freeway etc. Is there lots of road noise and uncomfortablity.

Thanks
  • Options
    I am in S. Cali and I was talking with the internet sales person and they offered me the car at $31k; does not included the navigation system. He said if I purchased this weekend he would make it a better deal. Co-worker purchased last weekend and paid $32k with the navigation on a 2009 (brand new).
  • Options
    I have a 2009 IS and have no problem with road noise. I do listen to the radio when I'm driving (at a normal level) so maybe I don't notice it. But even when I've had the radio off I didn't notice. I live in SoCal. Also, I don't think the car rides too hard. Definitely not as hard as a Benz. All new cars take some time to break into (stiff struts, etc) but I have no complaints with my IS. And the seats are sooooo comfortable, especially compared to the 3-series and the C-class.
  • Options
    Which dealership are you dealing with? I got an 09 IS250 back in March 09 with premium package, navi, 18" wheels for $32,448 + TTL (MSRP $37,656). Your friend could have gotten way better on his 09 now that the 2010's are out (especially if there are dealer incentives right now, which I can't seem to find anything for 09's on the incentives page, but I would bet they're there). You should consider going with an 09 yourself if youi're purchasing. You'll get a much better deal. The only real difference between the 09's and 10's is the new navi (and OnStar-ish feature, but that's only free for 1 year).
  • Options
    Thanks greeneyespsu. I am actually coming out of a 2007 BMW 328i. I didnt have any problems with that so I was just checking to see if maybe the road noise was an older issue.
  • Options
    Yes I am planning on purchasing the car. I am working with Santa Monica and the VanNuys dealership. Santa Monica says they have a 2009 so I am waiting on what pricing they will offer me. Also what color it is. I havent been able to find any incentives on the 09 or 10. Do you know if there is any incentives on the 10.
  • Options
    I would almost bet that there are big dealer incentives on the 09's. Last year around this time the dealerships had $3000 dealer incentives on the 08 IS250's. It might be worth waiting til Feb to see if any new incentives come out. Car_Man may know what incentives there are now, if any, on the 09's. The 10's incentives can be found on the "rebates & incentives" page under "new cars".

I'll save you the hassle right now and tell you do NOT buy from Keyes. They are a bunch of lying a-holes and will rip you off any chance they get -- they are a mile from my apartment and I refused to buy from them. Santa Monica is nice (once you're able to grind them down) but generally they won't work with you on anything but what they have in stock (color, etc) and won't dealer trade. I got my IS at Vista in Woodland Hills. They beat everyone else's price and even dealer traded to get me the gray color I wanted. I worked with the Internet Sales Manager there. Cerritos and Oxnard also seemed nice (talked through them by phone and email, respectively) but they were too far for me to do business with.
  • Options
    Car_man; do you know if there are any dealer incentives on the 2010 IS250. What is a good purchase price for the IS250 2010 without Navigation. I know people are saying you can get a 09 at a good buy but havent found any in the local area; looks like they are all sold out.
  • Options
    yenalyenal Member Posts: 10
    I just bought an 2010 IS250 RWD with navigation package for $33000 + TTL. What do you guys think about the price? I also got the 2.9% financing. For your reference I live in San Jose, CA.
  • Options
    Did you only have the navi package or did you also get the premium package? What was the MSRP of the vehicle? Hard to tell if you got a good deal or not without that info.
  • Options
    MSRP was a little bit over 38K.
  • Options
    Which dealer you went to ?? I live in San Jose too
  • Options
    I offered 33,500 for a 38,500 MSRP is250 at freemont Lexus, they said they can't do it
  • Options
    I bought it from Putnam Lexus.
  • Options
    oh , that's in redwood city, i heard they have better deal than anyone, congrat on your new car
  • Options
    I just checked the windows sticker. MSRP is $38,899 including the delivery. It has 18" Allow Wheels with Summer Tires, adaptive lighting system, nav, premium package, cargo net, trunk mat, rear lip spoiler and wheel locks. I guess $33k is not a bad deal.
  • Options
    That's a ridiculous deal. That's the exact same car I got in 2009 for $32,448 but the MSRP was $37,656 then, so considering your MSRP is $1233 more than mine and you only paid $552 more than me, you got an amazing deal, especially for it being February of the model year! Congrats!
  • Options
    man , i'm jealous, I offered magnussan lexus $33,500, and they turn me down.
    The car I offered has MSRP of $38,500
    and your car also has HID headlamp also, I believe
  • Options
    Yes it had the HID headlamp. I don't understand why you're stuck with a dealer.
  • Options
    I try to deal online before going to the dealer in person. The only dealer in freemont has online new car inventory, the rest you can't search online.

So how much you paid out the door ??
  • Options
    rrksfbayrrksfbay Member Posts: 3
    I bought it last Saturday - MSRP $41516, paid $36000. Out of door (sales tax, DMV etc) $39419. Also, got 2.9% refinance offered by lexus.

What do folks think? good price - close to bottom price?
  • Options
    I think it depends on where you are at. I was talking with them last weekend and for the 2010 IS250 w/o navigation premiun they were at 30K and offered to go lower then that. Nav should only cost you 2 - 3 K more. But it the end it depends on if you are comfortable with what you got.
  • Options
    I bought HS250 premium and NOT IS250. I really dont know what the MSRP of IS250.
  • Options
    Has anyone here purchased platinum service pack. The dealer is offering platinum service pack for $3999.00 which includes 7 year 100000 mile extended warranty and regular service until 50000 mile. Is it worth it? What does the platinum pack offer other than what one gets when vehicle is taken to regular lexus service center. Anyone here know.
  • Options
    sfalcon2sfalcon2 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    I live in Florida and decided that the car I want to Purchase is an IS 350. I saw one online at Lexus of Palm Beach, but the sales guy I was talking to was extremely rude. He told me he couldn't negotiate over the phone, which is what I wanted to do since I lived four hours away from this dealership. Anyone have any suggestions where I can find a decent IS 350 with decent car salesmen/women.
  • Options
    sam611sam611 Member Posts: 2
    hi i just sent my deposit to fleetrates. wonder how long did it take for you to receive a car you paid..? Thanks...
  • Options
    sam611sam611 Member Posts: 2
    hi, i ve sent my deposite to fleetrates, still i m waiting for them to send me back a nessary doc and exact car info. i checked out your posts so knew that it took nearly 2 months for you to receive the car. i wonder about car condition and how much you satisfied with car after it arrived to you...pls let me know. thanks.
  • Options
    tdinh3tdinh3 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys , I was reading the forum before i brought my car and it helped out alot with the pricing. This is the deal I got yesterday. I live in the boston area. is250 awd, hid, navi, rearspoiler. Got it for 34,900(before ttl).. msrp 41,200 with 2.9 financing. dealer is at ira lexus danvers, ma ask for Kevin . Hope this helps anyone buying a new car. Thanks
  • Options
    skmnhskmnh Member Posts: 1
    First post here so sorry for any dumb ?'s. I live in southern NH near Ira manchester. How did you get yours for $6300 below MSRP. from my investigation the invoice price on yours would have been $37584, correct? so how did you get this for more than $2500 under invoice?

Thanks
    Steve
  • Options
    tdinh3tdinh3 Member Posts: 2
    I went to the dealership on monday and took a test drive told them i was just looking and going to purchase in a few weeks. the next day the manager calls , his name is mark and tells me there's a silver one in the show room, with navi,hid, spoiler for 41.2K and willing to let it go for 34,900 thats the lowest price anywhere he said and he;s correct i looked at the forums and the invoices prices online. I dont like silver i asked if i buy it now can i get a black one. and he said yes, and purchased it the next day. There was a white one and 2 silver ones with that offer.
  • Options
    pats1pats1 Member Posts: 36
    You definitelty got a good deal. I just bought a new 2009 is250 AWD wth MSRP of $41.8K (including nitrogen filled tires, etc.) for $35.5K, and they gave me about $900 over KBB for my trade-in. They started at $5K off MSRP and worked from there. I asked about 2010's and they said the best they could do would be about $2.5K off MSRP. What a great car!!!!!
  • Options
    pats1pats1 Member Posts: 36
    We just bought a new 2009 is250 and took the 60 month/125K miles warranty and all factory-recommend service to 75K miles. My wife drives the car and puts on 25K miles per year. When you weigh all the things that the factory recommends and the shop rates they charge, we found it to be a good deal. No price increases, no worries about putting out big bucks for the major service intervals - it's all paid for already. Just drive it in, get it serviced, and drive it home.
  • Options
    gurmgurm Member Posts: 27
    Hey guys, I am in pacific northwest, have been looking for Infiniti G37x for my wife until now, just test drove an AWD250 recently, a nice car, G37 seems like too much power sometimes, IS250 good enough. I would like to know if we decide to buy one with Premium plus and navigation/mark levinson package (MSRP close to 42.8k), what should I offer the dealer to start with & what would be a resonable price to pay for? I am sure you guys can help out b'cos you have bought one or looking at one. Wasn't happy to see that IS350 doesn't come in AWD version. Thanks in advance.
    Cheers..!
  • Options
    lhworldnetlhworldnet Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

I received an offer of $33,500 from Newport, CA on a IS250.. Forgot the MSRP the only difference is it is a based model w/ the spoiler. What do you guys think of this deal? I haven't been able to get any lower and I do not really care about the spoiler.

Another offer I received was for $33,600 from Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA .. It has a MSRP of $34,729 base model no spoiler or anything.

I am putting $5000 down and will finance it at 2.9% for 5 years.. Thoughts? Looking to get it done asap.
  • Options
    crystalnpcrystalnp Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking to purchase 2010 is 250 rwd what kind of deals are you guys getting right now? Navi would be nice but is not necessary, heated seats are necessary. I am in the southeast.

Thanks for your help. How should I start to negotiate?
  • Options
    shaanashaana Member Posts: 6
    Hi

There are people who say they got 2010 IS250 base model, no Nav, no packages at $30,500 and $32,900 after TTL

I am getting $32,300 from a dealer at houston + TTL

What seems to be a good price to buy this at. I was hoping to get it at $32,500 including TTL..

Any one who recently bought the car. Does color affect the price?
  • Options
    srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    I personally hate extended warranties, remembering episodes w/ my dad's jaguar when they wouldn't cover anything. So many loopholes and things they try to get out of. His was a 3rd party one though. But my friend has it on his 2003 Accord and they pull crap too, he recently had to pay a a hundred or so on an awkard situation the dealer created when the car was in.

I'm not sure how the IS 250 differs from the IS 350 (I have an '08 IS 350) but maintenance on the 350's a breeze. Knighshade discusses this on the my.is forum: http://my.is/forums/f126/dealer-vs-midas-precisionauto-etc-380827/#post5720022 . You don't need oil changes at every 5k miles, esp if you throw in synthetic. That's your costliest thing. There is really not much to do. I think we could honestly be talking a few hundred dollars in maintenance costs TOTAL within a span of 100k miles.

And as far as anything going wrong with it? I doubt it. Not on a Lexus, I even want to go as far as saying not on a JApanese car. My 2004 Accord which I bought new required nothing further than regular oil changes and other maintenance items (air filters, brake flush, etc) in that time. Finally 4 years later at I think around 120k, I had to do something w/ the head gasket or something.. I can't remember what and that was a couple hundred. Now it's at 150k, nothing's wrong.
  • Options
    jlitejlite Member Posts: 2
    Just got a one 2 hours ago. I'm the S.F. bay area
    IS250 Base
    Premium Package
    Rear Lip Spoiler
    Cargo Net +Trunk Mat +Wheel Locks
    Got offers from four dealers all at $30k or lower. Best offer was $29,700 (includes destination) but they didn't have the right color. Second best was $29,900 but was 30 miles away. I ended up paying $30K to the dealer a few miles from my house.
  • Options
    littlephillylittlephilly Member Posts: 2
    I can't seem to get an is250 rwd less than $32,500 on long island. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    shaanashaana Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for sharing your experience and price.
    What was the total cost after TTL . What interest rate did you get
  • Options
    jlitejlite Member Posts: 2
    $30k for car
    sales tax (9.75%) $2,925
    title + reg about $450
    No other fees.

Lexus now offers %1.9 financing up to 60 months... almost free money!