Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    I started looking for an added car for the household last month. It came down to a Matrix for my son or the IS250 for me. Read about the best AWD systems to see why the Matrix wasn't chosen.

Because of the way Lexus restricts packages, here in PA, in order to get the luxury package I must also get the $2500 Nav package (at least the Lexus nav system isn't as bad as the Mazda system but, I think a $250 Garmin Nuvi 760 is much better than either). These cars have an MSRP of around $40,700 depending if they have a spoiler, headlamp washer, etc.). The first price the dealer gave me was $502/month without taxes for 36 months & 15K miles per year with only doc fees and first month's payment due at signing. I figured that if I got serious, they wold reduce that price to match what I have seen on these boards. To my chagrin, Lexus increased the Feb. money factor from .0005 to a still reasonable.00140 but with a lousy 50% residual. The dealer called to say if I was still interested and I came in today, the best they could do is $539/month. Using a lease calculator and the Edmunds pricing for this car and its options, the cap cost looks to be about $460 under invoice. That sounds pretty good but do you think the residual could possibly go up next month and/or MF go down? The sales lady said that residuals usually go down after the first quarter.
  • Options
    sodabaysodabay Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have found this message board extremely valuable and would appreciate your input
    I am in the process of purchasing a 09 250 with Nav and additional options. MSRP comes to $37,520.
    I have read the numerous threads people have posted with prices and am wondering what dollar amount is considered a reasonable profit for the dealer? Another way to ask might be how much over invoice (in some cases if at all) would you be willing to spend on this car? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    nguyen918nguyen918 Member Posts: 3
    Alright, so I am planning on purchasing an IS250 in the next couple of days. It has navigation, premium package, HID lighting, along with 18" wheel upgrade and rear lip spoiler. I think the MSRP of the car is like $38,3xx... How much should I be paying? I am getting quoted for $34,800. Thanks guys and I am located in Oklahoma if that makes any difference.

When I did the Edmunds TMV, it said I should be paying around $35,4xx.
  • Options
    cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    Sodabay

You need to change your frame of mind. Forget about what is a reasonable profit for the dealer. They will take care of themselves. If they aren't happy with the deal they wont make it. Only they know their exact profit less any rebates or promos going on. You need to focus on whats the best price you can get. Read this board and the lease board carefully. You will see what others are paying for this car. My daughter got hers on a lease for around $32,600. Shoot for a lower target. A lot also depends on where you live and how far your willing to travel. In So Cal we have at least six dealers within an hours drive.
  • Options
    dmoeller17dmoeller17 Member Posts: 13
    bought an is250 w/ nav over the weekend. $36000 OTD. Let me tell you how dead that dealer was on saturday, maybe a holiday weekend thing but hardly anyone there. Lots of empty desks.
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    My best friend is considering a Lexus IS 250 (to replace his '03 BMW 325i). He has asked me to help him find a low-mileage model and I think I've found a perfect fit. It's for sale by a private owner (no dealer B.S. to deal with).

The specs are:

2007 Lexus IS 250
    Silver/Black Leather
    28,000 miles
    Premium Pkg- Perforated Heated/Ventilated Front Seats, Bird's Eye Maple Trim
    6-speed AT with Paddle Shifters
    18" Alloy Wheels
    Bi-Xenon Headlamps

It's priced at $24,500. Edmunds TMV Private Party Value is $23,805. He wants to go look at it tomorrow and I'm thinking, if he wants it, we should offer $23,000. Is that realistic?

Also, is the 48/50 Bumper-to-Bumper and 72/70 Powertain Warranty fully transferrable?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    hywaystarhywaystar Member Posts: 1
    I am getting quotes for a 2009 Lexus IS250 AWD and one of the dealers has quoted me at invoice. However another one refused to go below invoice saying there's only 2% holdback and no manufacturer's rebate on the IS250. I confirmed from a 3rd party website that the 2% holdback is true but would anyone know if there are any manufacturer's rebates for the dealer in this case? I am planning to go to the dealership for negotiation on Tuesday (3 days from now). Thanks for any inputs.
  • Options
    lch77lch77 Member Posts: 53
    Perhaps your dealer was dead that Saturday, but I was told Thompson Lexus in Doylestown, PA (30 mi north of Philly) sold 13 cars on a Saturday a few weeks ago (I don't remember which one).
  • Options
    fordandhfordandh Member Posts: 8
    I bought my new IS250 last weekend in newport beach.
    IS250 RWD, with NAVI, Premium, and Prefered Accessories. MSRP is 37710, make the deal at 32700 (13.3% off MSRP). APR is 2.9%.
  • Options
    Currently, the IS 250 has lease specials and they're offering 2.9% for 60-months on NEW and CPO models. There's no Marketing Support (cash to dealer) or other rebates applicable at the moment.

Here is the link to all current Incentives (Rebates, Marketing Support, Low APR, Lease Specials)Current Incentives

Plug in your ZIP Code to find all deals applicable to your location. Then scroll down to Lexus to see what is available- then click on each deal to see the specifics.
  • Options
    silentbob2003silentbob2003 Member Posts: 3
    fordandh,
    sounds like a great deal! i visited newport lexus last weekend and am in the market for the exact specs you have. Can you tell me what fees were on top of the 32700, and what the out the door price was? Also, who did you deal with? I am working with Tom Beatty right now...
    Thank you!
  • Options
    ddw1ddw1 Member Posts: 5
    at Santa Monica Lexus. Good buying experience. smoky granite, 18" alloy, nav, premium, HID for 38500 at 2.9%.
  • Options
    is350soontobeis350soontobe Member Posts: 1
    What is your out the door price including tax? BTW, what's the sales tax rate in cali? I'm getting that exact same car in texas but I getting quoted an OTD price (including TTL & dealer "trasport" fee) for 41800. I'm trying to squeeze it out to 39500, but don't know if others are able to get such a deal. the 41800 is @ 1000 over invoice, which I think is ridiculous considering lexus sales have dropped 37% this quarter and 27% for the recent fiscal year. I'm trying to go for 1000 BELOW invoice. Anyone got any prices below invoice?
  • Options
    ddw1ddw1 Member Posts: 5
    OTD was 42467 with TTL. Tax in california is 9.25% (just went up recently). I was told at the end that the 38500 I paid was only 200-300 over invoice. My car's sticker was 43000 and change.
  • Options
    uclageeuclagee Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in a fully loaded 2009 Lexus IS250 Auto RWD (Nav, Premium, 18", HID), stickers at $38.445 on the Lexus site. What is reasonable to expect off at a dealer. I'm in Northern CA. I saw someone post Newport (SoCal) did a $37.7K car at about $5K off, is that reasonable to try to get dealersand would that be considered as good of a deal as I can get? Can I even get more?

I am not in dire need of a new car and can afford to wait around. I just want a really good deal, is there a more opportunistic time that I should go shopping, any predictions on upcoming incentives/marketing events/etc.

Also I would consider used, how much would dealers typically be willing to go off their advertised price.. like a CPO 2006 IS250 Auto RWD fully loaded? I've seen a few advertised in the 28-29K range, are they going to laugh me off the lot if I ask for 5K off those?

Any input/experience is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    ajfinoakajfinoak Member Posts: 58
    I dealt with the sales manager at Colliseum Lexus in Oakland when I bought my similar '08 1.5 years ago and he was very good to deal with and I was able to get my requested price of just over 5K off of MSRP.
  • Options
    On a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) model, you might be able to to negotiate $2-3k off of the asking price. I don't think you'd be able to get $5k off a CPO model (that'd be 18% off a $28k car). Your best bet is to price the specific vehicle using Edmunds TMV- Lexus TMV
    Print that out and take it to the dealership with you (if the numbers are in your favor)!

Lexus has an excellent CPO warranty (3-years from purchase or 100k miles, whichever comes first). They're also offering 2.9% APR (up to 60 months) on CPO vehicles, too.

I helped my best friend buy a CPO '07 IS 250 a few weeks ago. It has 41k miles, silver/black leather, automatic, rear spoiler and no other options. It was priced at $26,995 and I got them down to $24,500 plus tag/title & sales tax.

If you can find a CPO model with the options and color combo that you want, I say go for it! It wouldn't hurt to field some quotes on new ones either, just in case you don't find a CPO that works for you.

You're in a great position (you're in no rush to buy)...enjoy it!
  • Options
    silentbob2003silentbob2003 Member Posts: 3
    This thread helped me out a lot so I figure I should contribute:
    Last week I picked up a brand new 09 IS 250 with nav, premium, 18s for 32k flat at Newport Lexus. Good buying experience. My personal opinion is it's a great time to buy an IS because they need to make room for the IS coupes coming in soon.
  • Options
    in_4_1in_4_1 Member Posts: 1
    Who in Newport did you talk to? What was the invoice price for the car?
  • Options
    melikedodolmelikedodol Member Posts: 1
    silentbob, who were you dealing with?
    give us detail man, so we could get the same price.

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Everyone needs to notice the orange writing above the Post a Message box:

"You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information."
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Thanks, kingpcgeek!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cjones88cjones88 Member Posts: 23
    I'm looking at a 2008 IS350 with 9,000 miles from a Lexus dealer in Atlanta. Quoted price is $35,000 + TTL. Car has Navigation and Mark Levinson and is in great shape. It is not CPO since still under original factory warranty. Any thoughts/comments are welcome. I've had a tough time locating any used 350's in Atlanta despite having 5 dealers very close by. I'm willing to travel or ship a vehicle if necessary, but would prefer something relatively close to home if possible.
  • Options
    adamlyadamly Member Posts: 7
    When talking to a salesman, just try coming out and asking what the dealer's invoice price is. It seems as of late, approx 2k under dealer's invoice is plausible.
  • Options
    ece3446ece3446 Member Posts: 32
    Hi all,
    I am wondering how much would be a fair offer for this car? It is a 2006 IS 250 with Navi and is non-CPO available at a NJ Lexus dealer with 56000 miles on it. It looks to be in pretty good shape and is listed at 23,998.00. I am planning to test drive it this weekend and make a firm offer of 21k which I think is fair.

Is it? and if not how much is? Thank you so much and also is there anything else I should specifically ask about this car?
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I helped my best friend buy a CPO '07 IS 250 a few weeks ago. It has 41k miles, silver/black leather, automatic, rear spoiler and no other options. It was priced at $26,995 and I got them down to $24,500 plus tag/title & sales tax.

Isn't 41k miles a lot? I'd rather get a brand new shinny camry. Oh well, thats personal choice, I always prefer new.

Is your friend happy with the car?
  • Options
    41k is high on a 2007 (24-30k would be average, depending on the source), but it also factored into the lower price. The car literally looks brand new inside and out. All Lexus CPO vehicles are covered by a full warranty for 3-years from purchase or until 100k total vehicle miles (so 3yrs/59k in this case).

This is his secondary vehicle. He has a work vehicle that he drives during the week (Ford Fusion SEL, for the last year), so he only drives his personal car on the weekend. He was trading in his '03 BMW 325i and he likes having a "luxury brand".

He's very happy with it. Personally, I'd buy a loaded Mazda6 for $25k...
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hi, thank you for the quick reply.

I guess some just want luxury no matter its old or new.

Did you suggest him that if it was your choice, you'd buy a new Maz6?

Btw, what car do you own?

I been thinking of buying a new car for over a year now, but since all the things going around the world, decided to purchase anything.

I am particularly interested in a bmw, and I love suvs, not the boxy type but something that looks a little nicer and won't flip easily.

I test drove the X6 last year, and since then I like the car, but there are a whole lot of negative things about the car, and nothing really negative about lexus.

I just trust lexus a lot more since owning a toyota for over 3 years without a single problem I feel lexus to be the safest choice.
  • Options
    hoyas3303hoyas3303 Member Posts: 13
    Hey there - I am in norcal too and got the same car you are looking for (about 2 weeks ago). Reply if you want to know more about the lease deal I got for 3 yrs/15K mi per yr.
  • Options
    uclageeuclagee Member Posts: 2
    Hi all - appreciate everyone's input. I posted a few posts up seeing if $5K was a good price point, I've been in negotiations, and seem to have gotten to $5400 off a pretty loaded (18"/HID's/Navi/Premium/CargoNet/TrunkMat/WheelLocks) IS250RWD Auto... MSRP is $38655 and I'm getting the 2.9% financing.

I think I did okay, but probably could have done a little better (Northern CA). I feel its probably worse than the Newport Beach deal above ($32k flat for similarly equipped, but no HIDs), but I've always felt Southern CA has the advantage in car deals... and I was able to find the exact color combination I was looking for (I was surprised that a lot of dealers didn't have Glacier Frost Mica in stock). Also, since the car is supposedly coming straight from the factory, and now reserved for me, that should prevent any abusive test drives. I should take delivery 1st or 2nd week of June... mixed emotions, as I'm excited for the car, but also not looking forward to having a car payment!
  • Options
    lookinforis250lookinforis250 Member Posts: 2
    Silent Bob, what was your OTD cost?

Thanks.
  • Options
    lookinforis250lookinforis250 Member Posts: 2
    From which dealership did you get your car?, dmoeller? Did you get any other add-ons, such as the premium package?
  • Options
    islexus250islexus250 Member Posts: 1
    i live in eastern pa area, does anyone know whats price for a new 2009 lexus IS w/ nav? or the best offer you got so far......
  • Options
    pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    I am curious what is a good price for a CPO's IS250 in the Eastern PA as well?

Thanks
  • Options
    kur1jkur1j Member Posts: 1
    I am currently looking at getting a Lexus IS350.

I am interested in seeing what others are paying for the IS350.

Has anyone gotten one WITHOUT the 18" wheels, HID, but with Navigation?

If you don't mind please list dealer and state with OTD price with the options on the car if you don't mind.
  • Options
    chris_e1chris_e1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a base model 2008 IS 250 with X package and moonroof with 14,000 miles from local Lexus dealer in NC. Any opinion on what to expect price wise?-Thanks
  • Options
    stunmethodstunmethod Member Posts: 4
    Hello guys! Wanted to get your input on this.

Black 2007 Lexus IS 250 Automatic
    Certified Pre-Owned
    34500 miles
    Navigation, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Wood trim, HID lights, BLuetooth etc....
    Deal includes tint and a wheel swap to include '08 wheels.
    31495 OTD price.

The Carfax report says it sustained slight damage in an accident. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Hello CHris. Just last month I came close to getting on 08 IS 250 with 15000 miles here in San Antonio. Sticker price was 31,495 and I was able to get them down to 28,700 for an out the door price of 30,500. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ccchrisccchris Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted on a New 09 IS250 AWD and wondering if it is a good deal.

Premium + Navigation out the door including taxes/tags and processing = 37,600

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Very difficult to compare OTD numbers because every state has a different OTD number. Its better to compare selling price.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    29,400 was the selling price for that Black 07 IS250 with the options mentioned above. Sticker price was 29,999 and that's all they would reduce since they said they've got so much invested in the car. It's been sitting there for months now so don't know if I should wait.
  • Options
    ccchrisccchris Member Posts: 3
    The price of the car without taxes/tags/destination is $36,400
  • Options
    I would just suggest to do the TMV option here on the site to get a figure and then go from there. It's definitely helped me by giving me a range where I'm supposed to be at.
  • Options
    dcbdcb Member Posts: 11
    Hi. I just drove one today in Charleston WV. Nice, but did not like the big hump coming into driver front floor area. I could probalby get over it. What was the MSRP sticker price, including destination on the car you are speaking of? The one I drove did not have NAV and stickered for about $37,500. They had a couple of NAV vehicles that were about $41,200 or so.
  • Options
    mr_emanmr_eman Member Posts: 1
    I made a deal yesterday for an Lexus IS350. I could be wrong on this, but I believe they only make IS350s with 2 configurations from the factory now unless the dealer wants to add things to the car. Aparently finding an IS350 with lux is near impossible. But the configuration I got included:
    - Nav
    - 18" wheels
    - HID
    - AFS
    - Prem
    - IPA
    - headlamp washers

MSRP: 43325
    Invoice: 38703
    Price: 38500 (price includes delivery, processing, and handling)
    OTD: 39855 (price includes tax and title)
  • Options
    herrimherrim Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I'm trying to get a lease deal on the 2009 IS 250 with premium package but prices only on the base model goes for almost $515 with tax for a 36 months, 12k lease. Any recomendations as far as what should I be paying or has someone gotten a good deal lately?
  • Options
    You do not want to lease a car by payment. You lease a car by the sales price. Right now you should be able to get an IS250 for around invoice. I'll assume you want a 36/15 lease. Currently the lease factors are 50% residual (yuck) and .0004 money factor (yay).

The MSRP for the car you want is 34,190
    Invoice is 30,857.
    If you pay first month, bank fee, doc fee and TTL at drive off you are looking at a $400 lease payment not including tax. If you get the car for $500 over invoice you are looking at a $416 payment not including tax.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    toytolextoytolex Member Posts: 4
    Hi Mr Eman, where did you purchased your IS350? I am looking at something similar or without Nav if possible?
  • Options
    towjc10towjc10 Member Posts: 1
    I just started a brand new job as an assistant and my first job is to purchase or do most of the research for a lexus IS! I know nothing about cars and I would love to get some good information so that I could get get a good deal for my boss. She lives in Orange County, Ca and is leaning to an IS 250 (but thinking about a 350). She has informed me she most have the nav, back up camera, and heated seats. Do you think she needs all wheel drive living in So Cal? Anything else important? Can someone please help me with what a good price is and any other features/things I need to know??? My fear is I will go into a dealer and they will take advantage of me. Thanks so much for your help. :)
  • Options
    herrimherrim Member Posts: 14
    Thanks, How did you determine the money factor? I have gotten so far this lease deal in Miami, FL on the base model with no premium package:

Money down, including first month: $3,000
    Monthly payment: $393

36 months/12,000 miles per year? Is it a good deal of should I still shop around a little more?