Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Chevy Silverado Vibration - II

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    the clacking/knocking sound...could it be detonation? Tried changing gas type/brand? plugs?
  • bpolingbpoling Member Posts: 8
    Made an appointment for next week at another dealer and he mentioned replacing the rear springs. Hopefully that will take care of the problem. Meanwhile, I have been on the phone to the service mgr. at the dealer that sold us the truck and he still maintains that the problem is the same on all of the trucks. He offered to let us drive another of their trucks to see what he means. He personally owns same truck and said that his would be the first to fix if there was a fix. Can't wait until this is settled.
  • t37md88t37md88 Member Posts: 4
    I'm shopping for a new Chevy Silverado. These vibration problems I'm hearing about really concern. I'm looking at a 2500 Extended Cab with the 5.3L engine and short box. From what I am reading the problem seems to be worse in the 1500's. It also sounds like the aluminum wheels could be a real problem. I would like to know if anybody out there is having vibration problems with the 2500 models and also any problems with trucks with steel wheels. Thanks.
  • jed1894jed1894 Member Posts: 337
    Test drive it good....not enough information to advise on the 2500....maybe someone else can provide the info.

As for the steel vs. alum. wheels, I've heard of more problems with the steel wheels than the alum. Personally, I had problems with the steel wheels (warped) that caused my vibration.

Good luck
    Is everyone having the same cup holder vibration problem as I'm having? Is is just the way it's (cup holder) made?

Seems like anything 3/4 full in the cup splashes out when motoring down the road.

Any comments?

John
  • tapdtapd Member Posts: 19
    Wish I had found this discussion before I bought my Silverado. Just got back from driving my '91 ext cab. To say my 1991 rides better in an understatement. I am getting shudders from the rear after going over small bumps. It seems to rebound 4 to 5 times. I feel it in my stomach it is so strong. How about high pressure gas shocks like KYB. Have 100 miles on my new one. Taking a 500 mile trip to give my daughter in college the '91. I'll tell you how much I hated the trip. In just 100 miles the truck seems very busy. FYI, build date is 2/00. Maybe my daughter will get the new one and I'll keep the old GOOD riding 1991.
    about KYB shocks. Although some people say the KYB stands for Keep Your Bilsteins. Last time I checked, they did not make one for the "new" Silverado. I changed the rear leaf springs and replaced stock Tenneco with Edelborck shocks....aftershocks gone...1991 was a good year for wines also.
    I also had 91 Silverado....great truck.....rode smooth..... regret selling it....
  • professor2professor2 Member Posts: 14
    obyone: I talked with the Chevrolet technician who had the conversation with the GM field rep. concerning replacing the frame on one of the vibration problem trucks the dealer sold. The technician said it was not a joke, and, in fact, the rep. went so far as to discuss the number of labor hours GM would allow. GM has not gotten back to them re. this. (Can you imagine the recall program this could start?)

Ovalley: In your post 157, you asked if I intended to say "balanced off the truck", and the answer is yes. From a theoretical perspective, I assume that balancing on the truck takes into account hubs, rotors, etc. My experience with this is a mixed bag, and the more I know about wheel and tire balancing (which is not much), the more I am convenienced that the operator of whatever balancing equipment is used is the key. I mentioned in an earlier post that a local Firestone dealer went through 13 tires (including the OEM set) and 6 GM wheels, and the vibration problem was worse than when they started. Whether or not the Michelin dealer could have solved the problem (as they did with the Michelin tires) with the Firestone tires is problematical.
    Although my major vibration problem was cured with the new rims and tires, the truck still has a strange ride/feel that may be frame or steering related.

I've noticed the steering wheel picks up every bump or blemish in the road. The feel goes through out the truck thus causing a rough ride or vibration. If it is a steering sensitivity problem, would the vibration be in the passenger seat? It seems like it would be in the steering wheel only. On the other hand, if it's a frame problem, the vibration would be felt all over, right?

Since I bought this truck, I've test drove numerous other new trucks and all but one had a steering wheel jerk. What's the deal with the steering wheel sensitivity? Remember the guy who posted the information on the steering system (re-routing vacuum tubes, etc.), maybe he's right.

Just my observation......John
    I noticed an increase in steering wheel sensitivity after they changed my front insulators for the coil springs. I guess I swapped squeaks for increased sensitivity. Tech said he would lube the universal on the steering shaft. Not to sure on this one.

I've read on this board and others...that the driveline growl will not be corrected on all trucks with the PCM update. In fact, for some including myself...it actually got worse.
  • ovalleyovalley Member Posts: 135
    Just to set the record straight, Obyone made the reference to tire being balanced on the truck. My dealer does have the new balancing machine that applies a force to the tire while it is rotating. This simulates balancing on the truck, but my guess it is easier and/or cheaper to do. My vibration feels more like an aftershock than an out of balance or out of round tire. The new shocks help, but did not cure it completely. Later.
  • abberaabbera Member Posts: 24
    my '00 2500 LS, short bed, 2wd, club cab with steel wheels does not vibrate at all! Only 1500 miles, so this may change. This was built in Pontiac in March.

Randy
  • wight1wight1 Member Posts: 218
    My Y2K 2500 LS, short bed, 2wd, extended cab, 4 door, with steel wheels also is vibration free. Smooth as silk at all speeds. Only have 1100 miles, but most people who have reported vibration in their 1500's got the shakes at less than 1000 miles. Mine was also built in Pontiac, the first week of April.
  • t37md88t37md88 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the response guys. Sounds like maybe the 2500's aren't having as much trouble as the 1500's. Anybody out there having vibration problems I would really appreciate hearing what model you are driving. Thanks again.
  • seafuryseafury Member Posts: 1
    Have 1k miles on my '00 Z71 Siverado. No vibration problems before, or after, I installed my new AR aluminum wheels and BFG 285's. The other steering issues and aftershocks have not been noticed, but since I've been driving a Ram for the last few years, I may not have noticed. The ride and handling is sooooo much better! Just glad to be back in a GM. BTW - My truck was produced in March '00 in Pontiac East.
  • edd4edd4 Member Posts: 22
    at any speed-2000 Sierra 1500 4WD, autotrack, reg cab,LW bed, 5.3L, Polished Aluminum wheels, Goodyears. Rides like a Cadillac except for the previously noted "aftershocks" when hitting potholes. Not a serious problem in my book. Will try some Edelbrock shocks sometime in the future.
  • tapdtapd Member Posts: 19
    Made my trip to LA. First the good. First tank of fuel, 20.99 mpg. Second got 19.69. I think this is great for the 5.3/3.42. Goes like stink too. Too bad the fuel cutoff is at 98mph.

I don't think Chevrolet drove this truck on Hyw 99 and I-5. The kickback in the steering wheel reminded me of my Ford Pinto from my college days, and the constant motion from the rear end made the trip a very busy affair. Lowered air pressure to 32 front 30 rear. Seemed to help. Will be switching to 245/70HR16 Bridgestone HP soon.

Someone else suggested Bilsteins too, Obyone , ride is not quite as stiff over small bumps I'm told. I liked the KYB's on my old truck. I'll see if my long time mech, a dealership foreman, can get me shocks under warranty. I'm gonna pick his brain.

3 days 1100 miles. I hope I can get the vibration fixed fast.
    I have a '00 Silverado 2wd xcab 4.8 1500 rental while mine is in for warranty work. Built 9/99 from Canada. First impression is that this truck is well built with doors closing with almost no effort unlike mine that's made in Indiana. No rattles but a ton of vibrations. Starts at 30 and up to 65. Looked at front tires General Ameri660 235/75R16. The outer edges are worn half way down the tire with only 9200 miles. The inside half of the tires look new. Vibrations I believe are from uneven wear on tires. No launch shudder and driveshafts align perfectly. In fact the rear drive shaft is noticeably shorter than mine. It also has a bracket half way between the front and rear drive shafts. Both shafts are almost equal in length. Hmm...looks like GM is making changes rather quietly to fix the older problems including vibrations and fit and finish.
    I thought you had a 2000 model. Are you saying that the driveshaft design has changed during the 2000 model year or from 1999 to 2000?

I haven't had time to stop by the dealer yet. Need my oil changed in the next week or so, will probably have them look at rear leaf springs then, maybe I'll look at the drive shaft too. I have not noticed any drive shutter until I loaded about 1400 lbs in the truck. Later.
    Yes, I have a 7/99 made at Ft. Wayne and the one I'm driving as a rental was made in Canada on 9/99...drive shaft design could be changed during model year...or reflects what Canada's doing different from USA.

I'm picking up my truck today and will park side by side so service writer can see how easy the doors close compared to mine. I'll also double check drive shafts.
    I had my rear quarter windows replaced and it seemed to have solved the wind noise very well. I am interested to see what comes of the driveshaft redesign. Hope it can be applied to the older 2000 trucks.
    Can you explain that bracket again..... was it made onto frame or placed on after drive shaft was installed? I have a bracket on mine at the intersection of the 2 piece drive shaft and the drive shaft bolts to that welded bracket.

My 00 model was made 7/99 in Canada as well. I'll check the size of each piece (drive shaft) tomor.

Thanks.... John
  • phillipsephillipse Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2000 Chevy 1500 series and a discuss in the other message I also have a vibration problem. Your first thought is your tires/wheels are out of balance because it only happens at a certain speed. Well I have had my tires balanced 3 time and I still have the problem. The speed that the vibration occur happens 65-70 mph. Right at highway cruise speed. It makes everything in the truck shake rattle and roll. By trade I am Mechanical Engineer with a specialty in vibration and for the life of me I have know idea how GM could have designed a truck with such a inherent problem. Don't they test their vehicles anymore. It is sad I take such view because my family own a Chevy dealership for 57 years. My father who ran the business has retire and sold the dealership. How he picks up vehicle for the local dealer for fun and he tells me for the first 6 months in production every 2000 1500 series truck he drove had the vibration problem. As I though, he though it was the wheels or tires.
    He said none of the trucks that he has pick up since XMAS do not have the vibration problem. So GM must have figured out the problem and fixed it on the assembly line. I ask him to speak to a mechanic who just came back from a special school, and he was told that GM it aware of the problem and is working on a fix. The problem is due to the A-Frame and Suspension. Again if that is the problem that should have bee identified during testing and design analysis phase. Other than the vibration problem I love the truck. But that vibration problem is a substantial problem. My advise if you are planning to buy a 1500 series is make sure it was made after December 1999 and test drive it down a smooth interest or highway up to 75 mph for a few mile holding at constant speeds between 55 to 75.
    What I meant to say about the bracket is that it is further back compared to my truck. On mine, the driveshafts are not of equal length, with the forward being substantially shorter that the rear drive shaft...on my rental, the drive shafts appear to be closer to equal in length, thus the positioning of the bracket and the pinion angles are different.
  • chevy4mechevy4me Member Posts: 203
    On my 99 ext cab the shafts are close in length.just measuring the barrel portion weld to weld the front is 32 inches the rear is 33 inches.
    mine was built jan 99 fort wayne and has the launch shutter problem.
  • chevy4mechevy4me Member Posts: 203
    I was looking at the carrier bearing between the two drive shafts when I discovered I could move the bearing around inside the rubber housing by hand. I mean just gripping the driveshaft by hand it moves about a quarter to half an inch inside the bracket. I assume the rubber is to dampen vibration from the bearing but if the bearing is loose in the rubber to this degree I think it could be part of my problem. The way the bracket is only held to the frame with two small welds seems weak also.
  • krc32krc32 Member Posts: 25
    I have had to replace that bearing before in my '71 Chevy truck. I didn't expect that play either, but the bearing fresh from package did allow for about a half inch play by hand. But that truck never shook...then again the driveline is straight all the way back, not like my '99
  • espdixieespdixie Member Posts: 25
    I now have 10000 miles on my 2K, Reg. Cab, S.B, Step-side, 4.8,auto,3.32. I just returned from a 3600 mi. trip. The original G.Y. Wranglers were replaced at 1500 miles for the "Vibe" between 50 and 70mph. The tires were balanced off the truck by the dealer and have not been rotated or balanced since...oh yeah...steel wheels. The truck is smooth at all speeds but there is more road feel that with the old steering boxes. I remember the same sensation the first time I had a car with rack and pinion....more sebsitive. The amazing thing about the trip was mileage...an example....Wytheville, VA - Pellam, AL 540 miles 21.5 gal = 25.11mpg !! That is an example of the performance we got for 3600 miles. There were 2 of us in the truck and the bed had about 500 lbs. in it. I do have a vinyl tonneau on it.

I have none of the launch shutter that is mentioned here, nor any other of the weird noises.

Some of you will remember that I did a lot of research on the date codes of the G.Y. tires. Mine are 45th week of 1999. The ones they took off were 40th week.

Overall this is the best truck I've ever had and hope it continues.

For those of you with the problems ....keep at them...they'll sort it out. Call Chevy and the dealer every day!!

R
    I too called Goodyear about the date code on the Goodyear Wrangler ST tires. The story I got was that the tire spec was changed or "tightened up" the 4th week of 1999 not later as you had stated. Any comments?
  • espdixieespdixie Member Posts: 25
    I got the same story from Chevy Cust. Svc., G.Y., and my dealer. According to them the spec was changed about 1 Oct. 99. One of them, and I'm not sure which, said that the spec. has been changed a couple of times. Could be that the person you spoke with wasn't aware of the Oct. one..?? G.Y. told me that the tires they were makin "that day" were better than the ones "made yesterday" and the ones made "tomorrow" would be "better yet". There are a lot of things that can be read into that but it led me to believe that they were aware of a proble and were correcting it. The question I have had since and no one can/will answer is......are there any other tires that meet the spec or is it just the ST. I was going to upgrade to another G.Y. and they told me not to because it wouldn't fix my problem. That leads me to believe there is some trade off going on that is not being incorporated into the entire line. The only other vehicle I've seen is a Jeep Cherokee. The guy said he has no problem with them. All I can say is my truck is MUCH better now and I've driven 8500 miles on the replacements. The wear looks even and there is no cupping. When they need replacing my first shot will be Michelin LTX M/S in 255 x 70. I will look at the TPC Spec. on my G.Y's and try to duplicate it. I would advise getting G.Y.'s with the latest date code I could based on what they said if I were to buy G.Y. again.

R
    After owning a 1989 Chevy Extended Cab 2WD for eleven years, it was time to purchase a new truck. Many visits to dealers were made and finally found a truck like we wanted. Purchased truck on 4/7/00. 2000 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab, Short Bed. Price was decent for the options that were on the truck. First question about the truck was the number of miles showing on the odometer (500+). The title was issued showing only 27 miles. Where has the truck been? Truck was built in July 1999 in Canada. According to dealer, no other title had been issued. Drove truck for two days and started noticing vibration and after shock. Started wondering if the miles on the truck were from someone who had turned the truck in to dealer after finding that it had vibration problems. Didn't realize there were as many complaints on vibration as showing on this site. Studied some of the problems others have reported and contacted dealer to have truck checked. Also tried to cancel disbursement of loan check to dealer but was too late. Goodyear tires and wheels were replaced last week and vibration not as noticeable but there is a definite after shock when driving on rough road. This truck drives worse than my old one. I have driven dump trucks with better suspension. Another trip to dealer this week. Service manager's statement last week is "the vibration is normal on the Silverado"
    Not happy at this point. Wish we would have checked before buying.
  • amac4amac4 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2000 LS 4 door extended cab silverado,built on 2/00 in Canada and have about 1500 miles on the truck so far. and everything about this truck is absolutely flawless, no vibrations,shakes,rattles or aftershocks. In my opinion this is got to be the Best Chevy truck built so far, I owned a 1990 before this one and it doesn't even compare to my 2000. The 2000 rides and handles like a car, and the power and acceleration is great and so smooth doing 85mph feels like going about 40mph. I would recommend this truck to anyone. As far as the other people and their complaints I am sure they are valid, but so far with my truck I am very satisfied. All I can say is go test drive one at all speeds and see for yourself. Goodluck!
    in my rental '00 LS (made in Canada). No launch shudder. varied load with 500# near the tailgate...still no launch shudder. Hmm...maybe GM should move all their plants to Canada.

Dealer still has my truck...been exactly one week and I'm starting to forget why it was in there in the first place...I'm starting to like the rental better that my own...except of course for the 4.8 and this awful meadow green metallic...
    My 2000 SLE was made in Canada and has launch shudder when you put that much of a load in it. Not noticable without a load or even 500#, but with the 1400# I put in it coulpe of weeks ago it was very noticable. I think the guy a few posts back whose family owned a dealership and whose dad still delivered vechicles for the dealership hit it right on the head, just buy a truck made after Dec 99. Sounds like GM figured out what to do to fix the aftershock/vibration thing. Those of us who bought a truck made before then will just have to suffer until GM decides how and if they are going to offer a fix.
    Let me get this right..... you bought a new truck from a GM dealer with 500 + miles on it, but the title read 27 miles.... is that right? If so, you need to call you State titling agency, because that's illegal where I live. The title office (at state level) can tell you if the truck has ever been titled. Some states don't require dealers to disclose if the truck was repurchased or turned back in to the dealer for a defect. If someone drove the truck for 200 miles or so and then returned the truck because they were dissatisfied, then no record may exist. Depends on the state you in.

When purchashing a new or used vehicle, a odometer affidavit has to be signed by the buyer and seller. When you bought your truck the odometer affidavit should have had the current miles (new or used).

Another point: if you less than 200 miles on the truck, you made be able to return as well.

Something sounds very suspicious..

John
  • lincoln5lincoln5 Member Posts: 40
    I agree with jed 1894. Something doesn't smell right about what you have been told. If I were you I would check into this and might want to talk with a lawyer!! At least learn what the laws in your state are and what legal recourses you have. That can be a strong point when talking with your dealer.
  • memphis4mememphis4me Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted everyone to know that this forum has been very "enlightening" for me. I've always been a chevy man and now have an '83 silverado that has been a great truck. I'm in the market now for a new truck since a job change took my company vehicle away. I've wanted a new silverado forever but these problems along with some other things are making me second guess. I still think the silverado is the best looking truck inside and out on the market. I've got to be honest though and say that the Toyota Tundra smoked the silverado's ride and drive. The Tundra is definitely not as nice (luxury wise) though. Really stumped on this one and the vibration problems really scare me. I'm looking to buy a 2000 model 1500, ext cab, short bed, 4 door. Have the problems been fixed on the newest trucks or are they still there? Also, is the GMC side also having all the same problems?
    We live in Ohio and I did call the title agency and was told that there was no record of the truck being titled to any other person. They did say that there is a delay in getting some of the title information posted. I requested that the dealer give us a copy of the origin statement and they would not do that as it is not their policy! The truck is going back to dealer today to check after shock problem. Need to document that we have attempted to get the problem fixed before we see an attorney.
    Truck now has 1200 miles on it.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Tundra does have a fine ride empty, but put a load in the back before you decide. It might change your mind.

I recently drove a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage compact from Alamo Rental, and it had an amazingly good ride, far better than Tundra. The moral of the story...trucks are for hauling.
  • jamesk4jamesk4 Member Posts: 55
    My 4 door April 00 truck rides as smooth as silk, No vibration at all. I have had it up to 78 MPH on smooth interstate, could not detect anything, and I was looking hard to see if I could find something. I feel that the 4 doors may have some extra cab reinforcement that eliminates any possibility of vibration. Based on the non-existance of 4 door owners posting vibration problems on this site, I think you can go ahead and plan to get the truck of your dreams.
  • jmb106jmb106 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 00 ext cab swb V6 auto w/ 3.73 locking dif. heavy-duty sup 4 doors built 3/11/00 in Canada. I have a mild case of launch shudder.I carry a constant load of 600 -700# and notice it more when I fill up w/ gas and less when the tank is empty. Went to see dealer and they said yes we feel it but there is nothing wrong! Also have a whistle when I turn the wheel to the right or left dealer replaced p/s cooler today as per GM tech line still makes noise. dealer to call GM tech line tomorrow to see what they want to do next. I suggested to service writer to check vacuum lines as it only does it when it would use the most vacuum. dealer said have to go w/ what GM tech-line says to do. The dealers can't even check for something as simple as maybe a bad vacuum line! w/ out GM telling them to do so! FRUSTRATED!
    Of those that have vibrations, have any of your dealers used the EVA2 to detect the vibrations on your truck? Designed by Kent-Moore Tools and GM Service Operations, it can detect and store up to 10 vibration readings in memory. Also has a strobe that allows driveline balancing at higher rotation speeds. The EVA (original) was introduced in 1991 followed by the EVA2 in 1999. If your dealer hasn't used this tool it may be time to find out why not. My dealer has finally ordered one.
    Visited dealer in Columbus, Ohio yesterday and the service manager test drove our truck. Having after shock alot even after Goodyear Wranglers/Steel Wheels were replaced last week. Vibration is better but after shock on rough roads at all speeds is still there. Service Mgr., said that the problem is "normal" and to just put a bag of sand in the back. If that is the fix, why didn't GM install a permanent bag of sand? Called GM today and their computer is down so they could not access our original complaint file from last week. Am also calling the General Manager of the Columbus dealership today to put him in the loop and find out why his service department didn't even attempt to fix the problem. Started reading appro. 750 posts last night from others with this problem. What a zoo.
    aftershocks...have them replace your rear springs...got rid of mine.
  • rshornsbyrshornsby Member Posts: 200
    ..so called "Service Manager" is of the group of S/M's that get paid for what they can keep from fixing rather than what they can fix..Ran into a few of them myself. Especially at an ex-Pontiac/Oldsmobile dealer in Lewiston, Idaho. Here is wishing you a lot of luck. I have a '00 2500 and nothing but smooth sailing on all fronts.
    I LOVE MY SILVERADO,...have a nice day....

Roger.
  • sadchevyownersadchevyowner Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 3-door Silverado LS 5.3L extended cab model on January 31, 2000. It was nothing but a structural and mechanical nightmare. The 3 door model had General tires. Several trips to the dealer made them better, but far from perfect. Finally I made a deal to exchange the 3-door(at 2500 miles) for a 4-door model(at considerable $$$ expense to me).

I got the 4-door LS in early April. I am very sad to say that it has all the problems of the 3-door models and maybe more. With 1000 miles, the dealer says that 3 out of 4 of the Goodyear Wrangler ST tires on the 4-door model are out of round. Also, they suspect that the cruise control module is defective(knocking noise at low speeds). My truck spent last week in the shop and I'm sure it will be there next week, too. (Still waiting on them to come up with three new tires and to diagnose the rest of the problems.)

Warning: Heed what you read here. I read it all and thought "this won't happen to me".

The Silverado is very intoxicating. The best looking and best appointed truck on the road.

However, just read Consumer Reports. They tell it like it is. These trucks are totally unreliable and will give you nothing but heartache and headaches. They are at the absolute bottom of the ratings on reliability.

I convinced myself that the problems with the first vehicle were a statistical oddity and that there was no way it would happen again. Well, I'm now convinced that it definitely wasn't a statistical oddity. All the complaints on this site are very valid.

These are very bad vehicles and they turn what should be a happy experience into a nightmare.
  • rshornsbyrshornsby Member Posts: 200
    Sorry that you feel like you do about Chevrolet. I did too in 1975, (PIG). But since 1988 I have had a 1988 Ford F-250. And now I have a '00 Silverado 2500 LS 4x4. Needless to say this pickup is absolutely a dream, in all respects. So why don't you try a no problems 2500? It is an absolute FANTASTIC pickup. You won't be disappointed.. Just ask Ray, or anyone else with a 2500, 2 or 4 wheel drive. NO PROBLEM SILVERADO.

Have a nice day,..... :)

Roger.
  • dustyonedustyone Member Posts: 262
    Sorry to hear of your problems with your new chevrolet. There are now three complaints for every 5000 chevrolet trucks made. None of the other truck manufacturers have service departments, so perhaps you should try big blue oval or ram man...
    Hang in there, you will get it fixed or replaced.
  • chevy00chevy00 Member Posts: 21
    I took my truck in a couple of weeks ago because it had a definite shudder between 28-40 mph. Dealer removed drive shaft to have it looked at, and it turns out (no pun intended) that it was WAY out of balance. So the dealer had it re-balanced and the tires were re-balanced... Shudders are a thing of the past...YAHOO! But here's the 'BUT'... I too have noticed an aftershock or bounce that seems exaggerated when driving a bumpy road. Told dealer about it and the service manager suggested that they change leaf springs and shock coils. Dealer Service Manager said he has heard that 2WD vehicles have some problems with those and now they are replacing them with new springs & 4WD coils and almost every problem disappears. So, I'll take truck in at oil change time (~ a week or so) and will have them change out leaf springs and coils. Oh yeah, truck is HD suspension, trailering, 5.3L, 3.73, extended cab. Built in February 2000, Canada.

Other than the bounce, Truck is a GEM. Mileage is now near 20 MPG, and ride is QUIET. Once the bounce is gone, I'm set. And I agree, it's the best looking Truck on the road today, bar none. I hope those with problems can get them fixed, and don't take "NO" for an answer. At the prices we are paying, we DESERVE to have the trucks right.

Remember, all truck manufacturers have some problems with their vehicles...it's inevitable. Those who get a "CHERRY" off the line are fortunate, but not an exception to the rule. Some vehicles can't be fixed I guess, but I bet 99.5% of the problem vehicles can. I'll keep trying if I'm not happy...If the 'bounce' is fixed with springs and coils, then I'll be happy. If not, then I'll keep trying.

I am disappointed that Chevy decided to put American General tires on my vehicle however.(255/75R16s).. I may look to see what kind of trade in upgrade I can get at some tire manufacturer...do they do that? Dealer won't change tires since they seemed to balance properly(?).
This discussion has been closed.