2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• tony3000tony3000 Member Posts: 4
    Okay, what about this deal (S. Fla)?

IS 350, Luxury Plus Pkg.--

Sales price=$38,247

15k miles, 48 mos, $1500 down, 45% residual, money factor .0015

Don't know whether this includes title, acquisition and security fees-- should it?

$561.84/mo. (incl. tax)
  • car5221car5221 Member Posts: 4
    Do you know the May rates for an IS 250 for 48 months 12,000 miles. Tier one +
    Thanks!
  • spagballspagball Member Posts: 20
    Based on my lease kit, at 48 mos, 15k your residual should be 51%. So you might be getting shorted there. I would really recommend you only do a 36 mon. deal to keep it under warranty. You can see from my recent deal for a 250 you could do much better on the sales price and $ down. $561 seems pretty steep, considering the market.

Check out http://www.leaseguide.com/ it helped me quite a bit.
  • cmunger2cmunger2 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for intelligent counters to the following (initial) price tag on a 2008 IS 250 AWD with NAV and Xenon in Pennsylvania (i backed into some of these):
    MSRP: $39,544
    Gross Cap: $37,000
    Net Cap: $33,000
    Residual: $22,144
    Term: 36 months
    Miles: 12,000 per
    Money Factor: .001958
    Sales Tax: 7%
    Monthly payment including tax: $474

Clearly, I'm not going to pay this. Any thoughts are appreciated.
  • bmwconvtbmwconvt Member Posts: 20
    Hi all,

I was just quoted this... is it good? I'd like to get as close to $300 per mo. as possible... Thanks, D

IS250 RWD 36 months/15,000 miles per month
    $359 per month *
    $3,459 due at signing
    *tax, title and fees not included

RWD IS250: Matador Red Mica with Cashmere interior. It also has the Rear Lip Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Cargo Net, Trunk Tray and All Weather Mats.
  • sephiacsephiac Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

The Lexus dealership I've been working with told me that if I don't give them a verbal commitment over the phone today to buy a IS350, the interest rate I've been quoted on a lease (about 6.24%), will go up by a point starting tomorrow and will last till September. I suspect this is just a ploy to buy this car now, but I just want to make sure.

Also, is this an acceptable offer for a IS350?
    Original MSRP about $44,500
    IS350 36 months/10,000 miles per month
    $528 per month
    $2500 down payment
    3% tax, title and fees are included
    approx 6.24% interest rate (.0026 money factor)

Thanks for your help!
  • bigplayabigplaya Member Posts: 6
    I was just offered the following deal on an IS250 lease in the S.F. Bay Area, but I suspect that I can do better:

IS250 RWD Auto, Smoky Granite Mica w/ Sterling Leather Interior
    18" Wheels
    Navigation
    Premium Package
    Rear Bumper Appliqué
    Cargo Net
    Trunk Mats
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $37,439
    Sale Price: $33,777
    Total Initial Payment: $1,471
    Monthly Payment: $441.93 + Tax
    Money Factor: .00175 (Dealer states that I qualify for Tier 1+ Credit)
    Residual: $21,340.23
  • akhi2006akhi2006 Member Posts: 14
    The money factor is .00195 for IS350 for May. DOn't put any money down on a Lease. Good Luck
  • lepialepia Member Posts: 45
    May rates were:

MF:0.00145
    MF:0.00135 for Tier 1+
    Residual: 57 on a 36 month lease, 10K miles

Its a little too late, but thought you might still want to know.
    I should have mentioned in the post that I made yesterday that the deal that I was offered was on a 36 month - 10K mile/year lease. Sorry, my bad.
  • car5221car5221 Member Posts: 4
    Hi I was wondering if anyone has leased in another state. I am looking for an IS 250 manual w/ nav and it isnt made here..Anyone have any suggestions?
  • gb350gb350 Member Posts: 22
    Can any one tell me the June Residual and Money Factor for an IS250 AWD?

Thanks,
  • atharifaratharifar Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote in Dallas for a 08 Lexus IS250 AT RWD Golden Almond 12,000/36 months with zero down and no Navigation. This is my first time I am considering the lease option. I am new graduate from Univ. and they told me they have incentives (do not know how much).

MSRP: $36,119
    Net Cap: $33,619 without incentive.
    Residual: 56% of MSRP ($20,226.64)
    Money factor: 00235

I calculate the monthly payment with no tax. It ended up 490s. It is way too high for me.

Anybody out there has better numbers for Dallas. Can somebody provide me how I can negotiate on these numbers? Does lexus has anything like Conquered Rebate (offered by GMAC) or any other ways of discount?

Also, I am moving to PA from TX. I want to know what is the pros and cons of leasing in one state and living in another.
    I have been quoted the following for an IS 250 lease, with the Premium Plus (18" wheels) package (No Nav):

Price = $32,695
    Money Factor = .00135

Monthly pmnt
    Resid. (not incl. tax) Out of Pocket
    36 mos. 54% $480 $807
    42 mos. 49% $462 $787
    48 mos. 45% $441 $765

Do these figures seem like a good deal? Which deal is best? I really appreciate the help.
  • thomas31thomas31 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a so so deal to me.
    I leased IS250 Standard lux package at end of Jan 08.
    15K Miles, 36 Mths $1500.00 down total out of pocket with
    monthly payment of $400.00 which includes tax.
    Through Lexus Pembroke Pines Miami Fl.
    Tom
    Thanks for the feedback Tom-- believe it or not, the quote was from . . . . . . . .
    LEXUS OF PEMBROKE PINES!!!!

I am dealing with Glenn-- who did you deal with, and how do you think I can get the deal you did?
  • mersh123mersh123 Member Posts: 4
    I received a quote this weekend. Just wondering what some of you think. Thanks for the help.

IS 250 AWD with navigation, HID Headlamps, Premium Plus Package

36 months, 15,000 miles
    Black/Black
    MSRP: around $39,500
    Down: $1,450 (only applicable fees + first month's payment)
    Monthly Pmt: $450s (includes tax)

Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • stacy44stacy44 Member Posts: 2
    Dayton, OH - IS350 quote 6/8/08
    $43421 MSRP
    $40190 Cap
    55% res
    MF .00250
    36 mth lease, 10K miles / yr
    State tax 6.5%
    $0 down, first payment due at signing
    $693 / month all in
    Asked if there were any fees built in and was told no. Mentioned MF seemed very high, was told I could get a slightly lower rate if I had a 750+ credit rating.

This does not seem like a good deal. Looking for feedback on June MF rates or any other feedback about this quote. Thanks!
  • tritan84tritan84 Member Posts: 3
    anyone know the june MF for Tier 1 and residual for IS250 and 350?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gb350, According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 IS 250 AWD is .00135 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi stacy44. The money factor that you were quoted definitely looks high to me. The last time that I saw it, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 IS 350 was .00185 for consumers who qualified for its "Tier 1+" credit tier.

As far as the selling price that you were quoted goes, I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the '08 IS 350 right now, but in general the new car market is the worst that it has been in more than a decade. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a price that's fairly close to dealer invoice. Try stopping by the "Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • stacy44stacy44 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much, Car_man. I'll visit the other forum and if I pursue this deal, I'll post back what I'm able to negotiate. :)
  • tomcimotomcimo Member Posts: 9
    Can someone tell me the BEST DEALER in NY/NJ to get an IS350 for invoice? The NJ dealers seem only to want to knock off 2000 or so off MSRP which isnt good enough in my opinion. Thanks!
  • alexccsalexccs Member Posts: 3
    Hello everybody, this is my first time leasing so i dont know how everything works... i am in the market for an Lexus IS250 w/ Nav. Black on Black. I am willing to put $3000.00 down and i would like my monthly payment no more than $350.00. Is this possible..... IThe term would be 36mos. 12K per year??? If i do it for 48mos, 12K would be cheaper??????I live in Tampa Bay Area.
    Thank you
  • emadrigalemadrigal Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, I have just received a quote , let me know how if this is reasonable

lexus is 250 rwd
    luxury package, HID, heating and cooling seats, 18" wheels + NAVI
    15,000 miles
    36 Mo.
    +1300 (includes tax and first month payment)
    $480

I'm looking for no money down. $450 Mo. is that unreasonable
    Hi tritan84. Lexus' lease program for these cars varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to the latest information that I have seen, in most areas Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 IS 250 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 IS 350 are .00185 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, Stacy. good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome alexccs. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I see that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on your lease. I personally always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do so risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with a zero down lease, even though it means that your monthly payment will be slightly higher.

A 48 month lease on this car would provide you with a lower monthly payment, if you go with this term you obviously will be committed to your car for a year longer than if you had signed up for a 36 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • josephrondjosephrond Member Posts: 2
    Why was your out of Door amount $3,350 if you only put $500 down. What else is Lexus charging you for in that amount?
  • mycar17mycar17 Member Posts: 9
    I was hoping one of you car gurus could help me out :)
    I am in the market for a 2008 IS250, luxury package, mark levinson sound, tinted windows, 12K lease, 36 months.
    What I want is $1500 down and payments of $350-370/month, including tax. The best offer I have received so far is $1500 down, $368 plus tax, maintenance included. While I think this is a good deal, I still want to go lower. Am I being unreasonable?

THANKS!!!
  • laney2laney2 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 2008 IS 250 RWD...I was quoted the following:

San Diego, CA
    Lexus IS 250 RWD (no extra packages)
    12,000 miles
    36 Mo.
    +$4000 (includes tax and first month payment)
    $460
    MF=.00204

I was told my down payment is so high because I would be trading in my '07 Camry which I am $2000 upside down on. I know putting a lot of money down on a lease isn't a good idea...would I be better off putting it towards the car I have now (which I think is bad luck since I've been in three not my fault accidents in a year and a half time span.)
    not a bad deal.

i'm closing on a deal for 08 is250, granite mica, leatherr itnerior, with navigation

36mo lease
    1300 down includes tax and first month lease payment of $480

i'm in florida and feel this is reasonable with my credit score of 700. too bad its not tier 1 or else it would be a bit less.
  • gimlet72gimlet72 Member Posts: 1
    I just got home after purchasing a new 08 IS250

I got a black on black with nav and premium plus package with a spoiler for....
    $32,000

That price included tax, tag, title, lisence, dealer fee.

I traded in a 2002 Civic LX manual with 92000 miles as well.

I am in palm beach county.
  • sjonas50sjonas50 Member Posts: 4
    Did your price include a credit for trade-in? What was the msrp on your car?

Thanks.
    Sounds like pretty good deal. What dealer gave you that quote?
  • comohombrecomohombre Member Posts: 27
    My Car,

What is the MSRP on the car? Residual Value? I want to get to $350 payment. Let me know if you can or did get this deal. Thanks.
    s2kraze sure its the fort myers lexus... scanlon lexus i think is the name of the dealer.

he's a good friend of my boss, so that also helps. i can refer him to you if you want.
  • s2krazies2krazie Member Posts: 3
    Dude if you could give me his contact info I would appreciate it. my email is constantine_will at yahoo . com
    Comohombre-
    I got to $359 + tax! This is with $1,500 down, no nav, premium plus package, tinted windows (not factory tint, but the after market tint), and the best part is maintenance is included for 2 years. I had to seriously fight for this deal, but LA dealerships are super competitive right now for business.
    good luck!
  • s2krazies2krazie Member Posts: 3
    Wow dude that is an awesome deal. I have heard Lexus dosnt really like to make deals but it seems as though they are starting to become a bit more flexable. Havin 2 years of service thrown in makes the deal unbelievable.
    I just got a quote for $1500 down IS250 w/NAV for $410 including tax. I think its pretty darn good, but do you think I can do any better?
    I am in the S.F. Bay Area and have been offered $1,400 drive-off and $400/mo. (tax included) on an IS250 with Premium, Nav, HID, Preferred Acc., etc. (36 months - 10k/yr.). I qualify for Tier 1+ financing. The dealerships around here are definitely looking to move vehicles and are very competitive... :shades:
    sjonas-
    I think that sounds like an amazing deal! Wow, I think the dealers are really wanting to move cars......
  • dkaufdkauf Member Posts: 8
    Which dealer did you get this quote from? I am in PHX and looking for a similar deal.

is the $1500 total up front including dealer fees etc? or is that a down payment ontop of which you will need to add additional fees?
  • bunzonebunzone Member Posts: 4
    IS 250 AWD, w NAV and Premium +
    MSRP=$39,435
    Cap=$35,200
    No money down
    $455 month, included is 6% sales tax
    36 months, 10,000 miles
    Tier 1 credit
    Seems like a good deal but unsure would like others input.

Thanks
  • razorwebrazorweb Member Posts: 5
    IS 250 AWD, Luxury Package (No NAV)
    MSRP: 36,885
    Sale Price: 33,125 (Dealer says this is 263 over invoice)
    Residual (Dealer calls this Purchase Option): 20,655. This is exactly 56%.
    Money Factor .00135

Taxes (up front): $1,365 (Sales tax: 8.625%)
    First months payment (up front): $419
    Acquisition fee and other fees (up front): $765

Total out of pocket: $2549 (includes first month, acq. fee, and taxes)
    Monthly payment: $419

36 mos, 12,000 miles

Am I getting hosed? In my view, the up front taxes are no more than a down payment.
  • dkaufdkauf Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone tell me what dealers are offering these smoking deals? I am in Phoenix and it seems like nobody can get the payment under $450/mo (including 8.3% tax) without $2000+ drive off fees. And this for an IS250 RWD with nothing more than premium package; 10k mi/yr; 36 months!

It seems to me that I should lease the car from California and pay a few hundred to either fly out and get it or have it shipped.

Which dealers should I be talking to?

Thx
  • roushyboyroushyboy Member Posts: 11
    It looks high for 10k. 36 months. My very first offer was $455 for 36months, 12K miles.
  • comohombrecomohombre Member Posts: 27
    mycar17, my email is comohombre@hotmail.com. Could you give me more specific info. Like cap cost, security deposit, acquistion fee, dispostion fee, money factor rate, residual value, MSRP vs. selling price. I would appreciate it because I would like to go this weekend. Thanks.
    Sure, details just sent to your email address. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.