Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi edrn. While they weren't initially telling the truth, eventually the dealer that you are working with did. In your area, Lexus Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD is indeed .00250.

I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in Maryland, but you may be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting the following sites: Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration or Comptroller of Maryland.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey edrn. I have seen BMW's and Lexus' current lease programs. I would be happy to give you an idea of what they are like if you tell me the exact models that you want, how long you want to lease them for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • prancinghorse9prancinghorse9 Member Posts: 11
    I am also comparing the two, 328 sedan rwd vs. IS250 rwd
    thanks car man
    I just got a 07 X3 and this site was a great help
  • lsleeleelsleelee Member Posts: 14
    Anybody know if Lexus dealers have a limit to how much they can mark-up MF?
  • bigredneckbigredneck Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man or anyone else who could help, I'm looking to get a top end is 350 with an msrp of 42k. It would get hit by AL tax of ~2%. The Nashville dealership I went to took 1k off the price and got down to a monthly rate, on a 36mo lease with 15k miles, of 750 / month (they started a 12k lease at 860 / month). I tentatively agreed because I was a complete newbie when it came to car leases. Now that I've done some homework I'm seeing just how much the dealership was taking me for. My credit is top notch and I can't imagine I wouldn't qualify for the .0025 money factor. So my other question would be, when I deal with dealerships in the future (I'm just going to pull out of the deal with the local dealer and work with one in a different region), what residual rate should I take into account on the IS 350?

BTW, the BMW dealerships down here are going at a .2292 money factor.

This site is a real life saver. Thank you all for contributing.
    I think current 36mo/12K residual is 57%

I'm sure 0.2292 must have been a typo, but I'm not sure what you meant. I assume you're talking about the 3er since that's the IS's closest competition

0.0015 is buy rate on a 335 sedan
    +0.00015 if you elect not to pay security deposit up front
    +0.00035 if you elect not to pay acquisition fee up front
    +0.0004 is the maximum mark-up BMW dealers are allowed
    0.0024 is the maximum it could possibly be

buy rate or close to it isn't hard to get, plus 335i residual for 36mo/12K is 63%

in other words, take another look at BMW. By my calculations a $49K 335i leased for almost $100/month less than a $46k IS350 if they charge 0.00019 (max if you pay your fees), and WAY more if you get them close to buy rate.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    HI CARMAN
    What is the money factor and residual for the IS250 AWD in NY with 15k per year and 36 or 39 months. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
  • jerry kjerry k Member Posts: 45
    Hey Eric

I also live in Las Vegas but moving to California shortly. With only the one Lexus dealer in town there is very little negotiating; however, there is a very simple answer: do what I did - go to Lexus.com and pick out five or so Lexus dealers in the LA area - tell them exactly what you're looking for and whether it involves financing - leasing - or cash --- you'll wind up getting the car at invoice or below and saving at least a few grand over the Las Vegas Lexus dealer. I am flying over next week to pick up my car - I got it for $1000 below invoice and the airfare was $50 - not bad and there is just a 3 hour drive back home!
    A dealer in Tennessee recently tell me that the buy rate for an IS350 was .00275 for Top Tier (730+) credit. I thought that the published buy rate (.00255) was Second Tier (690-720) and that Top was .00245. I suspect this dealer's just trying to slip more mark-up past me. Can anybody clear this up?

This kind of confusion is why tiered systems are stupid, I'd just like to say :)
  • movistarmovistar Member Posts: 22
    I walked out of the dealership yesterday after being offered $2750 down and $511 a month. The selling price was $36,000 they said the money factor was 2.65 which I'm assuming is .00265 and a residual value of of .59%. The MSRP was $39072.00 Its for a IS 250 with NAVI, 17 inch,I believe the premium package, I would rather have rear wheel drive with 18 inch and NAVI but I was told you can't get that in the north east, I live in northern VA. Any advice on getting a better deal or was the one I "negotiated" any good?
    A dealer told me "the precollision detection / dynamic cruise package isn't available on the IS350" and I don't go into a dealership without knowing more about what I'm buying than the salesmen do, so I said "lexus.com must be wrong then" and he actually said "yes it is." Mystery solved later when another dealer told me that there were no IS350s with that configuration currently available in the southeast.

Lexus has this bizarre allocation system where certain configurations go predominantly to certain regions and are near-impossible to find elsewhere. For example in my area most ISs have the LT luxury package (which includes 18" wheels) because it doesn't snow down here in Alabama, but I live in pot-hole central (New Orleans) so I wanted the LL luxury package that has smaller wheels (thicker tires). At the time there was ONE is350 w/ LL in the entire southeast.

I'm not sure WHY Lexus dealers don't like to custom order (maybe they WANT people to buy BMWs?!?), but they can. This isn't a $25 Ford Taurus, don't settle. Get what you want, and if your dealer won't order it, go to one that will.
    Hi lsleelee. I am sure that there is some limit to how much Lexus dealers can mark vehicles' money factors up. Most banks instituted one a couple of years ago when all of the negative publicity about rate mark-ups was in the news. I don't know exactly what Lexus Financial Services' mark-up cap is, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and you know what the buy rate is for the vehicle that you are interested in you should be able to find a dealer that will lease you the car that you want using it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello bigredneck. Lexus is not providing any sort of lease support on the 2007 IS 350 this month. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now you will have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard lease money factor varies slightly by region, but it should currently be around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. LFS' 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the '07 IS 350 is currently 55%. With only 12,000 miles per year this car's residual value would be 2% higher.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey rxke. Last month Lexus was providing lease support on the 2007 IS 250 AWD. Unfortunately, in February it is not. As a result, if you were to lease one through LFS right now you would have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard lease money factor varies by region, but it is probably around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier in your area right now. LFS' 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the '07 IS 250 AWD is 57%. The residual value for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey lsleelee. The money factor that you were quoted is correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi movistar. I see that you are considering making a $2,750 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing them is their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

The money factor that you were quoted looks about right to me. Make sure to stop by the following discussion for feedback on the selling price that you were quoted: "Lexus IS 250 / IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • carluvr4carluvr4 Member Posts: 2
    Considering leasing my first luxury car.

TV is advertising 399 / month lease.
    Are they going to get a surprised look on their face and say "tax not included"?
    What more will they charge to include Nav?

What, if any, should I expect to put down to get that monthly payment, and what money factor / residual is that?
    How high must your Fico be to get that rate?

Thanks all for your help.
    I have learned you can do a little better than what is advertised. At Lexus, 730 and above fico is what gives you their tier 1 credit, which is what you need to get the same advertised financing. You should make sure you know your score and whats on your credit, the financing manager told me I had a charged off account, when I told him that was impossible he quickly changed the subject. I work with credit and pull my score on a regular basis so I knew he was bluffing, they use these trick to justify higher finance rates.
  • scuba077scuba077 Member Posts: 9
    About to lease a 2007 IS250 AWD ..Have a 790 FICO..dealer info for car: MSRP $36522 Selling Price $33908..36 mo term..money factor .00225..Residual Value $21548..Total down $4350..12K/yr..Monthly Pay $289..If down is reduced to $1800..Monthly Pay $488..Any advise would be appreciated..Tranaction date will be 2/21/07..these numbers are good only for month of February..Thanks in advance..
    I have found a dealer that has the car IS 250 Navi, 18' RWD all the features I want. The MSRP is $37,700 the car has 400 miles we have not come to an agreement on price yet. If the car had no miles I would only offer $32,500 but considering the miles what more should should I ask for off the car? Thanks
    Spoke to the dealer yesterday..."OOPS its $389/mo not $289/mo..leave ot to a dealer..
  • trendy26trendy26 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know what the Tier 1 credit money factor is for a 48 month lease on an IS350?

I appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks
  • newleaserrrnewleaserrr Member Posts: 3
    I feel like a guppy in a shark tank. My first experience with leasing and this is the deal I was quoted:
    IS 250 luxury package, AWD
    $35,222 MSRP
    $31,000 selling price
    .0225 money factor
    2.25% financing
    $389/mo
    $2700 down
    36 month lease

I've dealt with 2 dealerships so far and they seem VERY unwilling to negotiate. I've never done this and don't know if thats a good deal or I should take it somewhere else. Any input?

BTW - the April lease deal is 2.25% financing
    I just leased my first car..IS250 AWD w/Nav pkg MSRP $39072 (Connecticut)..$2k down =$440/mo out the door..the $389/mo here) is a natl promo ending 2/28..this is a good deal..2 dealers numbers for same car:$470/mo vs $440/mo $2K down..TIER1 is needed for these deals..MF .00225
    Hope this helps..
  • abuaishaabuaisha Member Posts: 15
    Well i ve got mine $37772 msrp for $32000. and that is with zero miles. See longo lexus in el monte, ca
  • lwvlwv Member Posts: 46
    Anone know if the Money factor for Texas on the IS250 lease is the .00225. Also any one getting good discounts in Texas.
  • mmmcmmmc Member Posts: 16
    Car_man, would you happen to know the current incentives on IS250's for buying (I realize this is a leasing board)?

A fellow member posted something around incentives in march but I was unable to find any information on it. (kyfdx suggested that I ask you). Thanks! :)
  • vrefvref Member Posts: 3
    i've heard as low as .00214 from a friend of mine who got into an IS250 last month in houston.

vref
  • theasker1theasker1 Member Posts: 4
    hi,
    can some one pleease help me. i'm looking to lease a lexus is250 AWD without navigation in new york. i got the following from the dealer. is this good or can i do better. this is my first lease so pleeease help me.

36 months, 12000 miles/yr
    $420 per month
    $2500 cap cost reduction
    $650 acq fee
    total due at signing $3700 (includes 1st month)

please let me know if this is a good deal for new york. thank you all sooo much.
  • action80action80 Member Posts: 2
    I am a first time leaser that needs a little help. I was told that Lexus of Orlando was having great lease deals on left over 2007 RX 350s. Without doing any homework on leases, I went in and this is what I got. MSRP $40,300, sale price $38,500, $4300.00 down, 36months, 12000 miles, money factor .00265, residual 54%. Total $619.96 per month tax included and no other closing fees. After using this site and others I could not come up with his figures so I called this salesperson back. He said he runs into this problem all the time with people using internet calculators. Whether they are using Edmunds , Kelley, or anything else, most are inaccurate, and his software is the one to go by. I would appreciate your help on these figures. Thanks
  • lwvlwv Member Posts: 46
    Car man,

What is the current Lexus money factors and residuals for a 12k lease in Texas for March?

Thanks
  • dongjohnsondongjohnson Member Posts: 7
    Is scheduled maintenance included for a certain period of time (i.e. 4 yrs or 48,000 miles) on a standard Lexus lease? Or do you have to pay out-of-pocket each time?
    Sched maint is on your "nickel" eexcept for the initial one..
  • supernatural1supernatural1 Member Posts: 4
    Just about to pull the trigger on this deal.

2007 IS 250 AWD, NAVIGATION
    MSRP $39072
    36mp/12k per year
    Total out of pocket $1400
    Monthly payment $475 + Tax

I was told the residual is at 57% and 0.00225 mf.

Good deal?
  • dongjohnsondongjohnson Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know on average how much each maintenance costs? Also, is it every 10,000 miles?
    Intervals are 5K miles do not yet what cost for maint service is ?
  • xford1xford1 Member Posts: 4
    IS 250 AWD, msrp: 40,601, sell price: 36,600, mf: .00215, residual: 59%, mile: 12k/yr, mth payment $519, inception/1st payment, etc $1,586, 0 down
  • toddk1toddk1 Member Posts: 6
    519 including tax? With Nav and all?
    Greetings carluvr4. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I have good news and bad news for you. The bad news is that sales tax is never included in advertised lease payments. so yes you will have to pay tax on top of the $399 monthly payment that you saw advertised on the car that you want. The good news is that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Chances are the advertised payment that you saw had some room to negotiate baked into it. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that this deal is based upon. this will help to lessen the sales tax increase a little.

I'm not sure how much the addition of navigation will increase this car's monthly payment, but I would be happy to calculate a lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you to find out. I just need you to provide me with its full MSRP, approximate selling price, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Consumers probably have to qualify for Lexus Financial Services' "Tier 1+" credit tier to qualify for the money factor that was used to calculate the advertised lease. I believe that one needs to have a credit score of 730+ to qualify for this tier. Consumers who don't qualify for it can still lease this car, but they will have to use a slightly higher money factor to calculate their monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi movistar. The selling price that you mentioned that you are going to offer on this car looks a tad optimistic to me. It is either right at, or more likely slightly below dealer invoice. How did you arrive at it? Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Lexus IS 250 / IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi trendy26. Lexus Financial Services' March Tier 1+ buy rate lease money factor for a 48 month lease of a 2007 IS 350 is .00225 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. This number may vary slightly depending upon what part of the country you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome newleaserrr. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You may be new to leasing, but you seem to be doing a good job at negotiating your deal. Not only did you get all of the information that is needed to evaluate your deal, but the deal is pretty good, too! You were able to negotiate a solid $4,200 discount on the IS that you want and the dealer is using Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor (it is actually .00225) to calculate your monthly payment. It would be in your best interest not to make any sort off down payment on your lease, but other than that this is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mmmc. Unfortunately, I do not believe that Lexus is currently providing any cash incentives on the 2007 IS 250 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello theasker1. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi action80. This particular discussion is for consumers to talk about leasing the Lexus IS 250 and IS 350. You'll have better luck getting responses to your post about the RX 350 if you post it in the following discussion: "Lexus RX 330 / RX 350 / RX 400h: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lwv. According to the latest information that I have seen, through April 2nd Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Lexus IS 250 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. This money factor may vary slightly by region though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi supernatural1. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned look good. You never mentioned this car's selling price though. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi xford1. The selling price, money factor, and residual value that you were quoted for this car look good to me. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • xford1xford1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, just pick the car up this past Sat.
  • hal56hal56 Member Posts: 94
    On leasing, i was just in a pontiac dealer thinking about the g6 hardtop convertible (yeah, I know) as pontiac has 3 promotions going--1000 customer rebate, 500 conquest from winning a customer from another brand, and zero% financing for 3 years.

I wanted a 3 year lease so when the IS Hardtop convertible comes I can dump the pontiac and get that.

turns out the zero financing does not carry over to a lease.

I'll wait for the lexus
This discussion has been closed.