Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan

Comments

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,714
    You mean they go up????
  • Options
    robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    No, because if you don't open/close moon roof, they become pointless, right? :D
  • Options
    epnfrnepnfrn Member Posts: 87
    My brother just sent me this link to an auction on e-bay. I think this will resolve once and for all the whole sunroof debate on this thread. I am going to purchase one of these for my 1994 Miata!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260148596999#descr- iption
  • Options
    stevecebustevecebu Member Posts: 493
    My brother just sent me this link to an auction on e-bay. I think this will resolve once and for all the whole sunroof debate on this thread. I am going to purchase one of these for my 1994 Miata!

PT Barnum was right :sick:
  • Options
    Hope it's not like that hole Bugs uses on Daffy...
  • Options
    epnfrnepnfrn Member Posts: 87
    The questions from the members are hysterical.... Hey, it's the $25 solution for the $1000 problem....
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I still think it's a waste to put a compass on car equipped with navigation. What was Honda thinking?

The compass isn't available on the navi-equipped Accords.... only on the non-navi EX-Ls.
  • Options
    I still think it's a waste to put a compass on car equipped with navigation. What was Honda thinking?

Why is it a waste? In my TL, the NAV has a compass at the top left-corner. The purpose? To help orient the driver. And you can select two modes. One, where the compass points to the north and the streets are oriented relative to it. In the other mode, the compass orients to the street I'm driving on (this is the mode I prefer).
  • Options
    lweisslweiss Member Posts: 342
    I think that we have exhausted the sunroof debate: the pro-sunroof people will never convince the non-sunroof people and vice versa- as they say, "that's why restaurants have menus, we all like different things. But I have a few questions:

1) For the sun worshipers, why doesn't Honda offer a convertible for the Accord- kind of like the Camry Solara is available for Camry lovers. People I know that have convertibles love them- a sunroof is no substitute

2) I like the feature of an outside temperature gauge- both for interest and for safety, especially when the weather is changing to freezing and you would like an idea if the roads are icy- most cars have them standard, on the Accord, it is a dealer installed option on the lower end models- why?

3) Some people are predicting that gasoline could spike to $5/gallon over the next several years due to terrorism, market conditions, etc- and yet Honda makes the Accord bigger and heavier, not more fuel efficient. Has Honda gone the way of the American companies and guessed the market wrong? GM, Ford, and Chrylser bet their companies on trucks and SUV's in th 90's and it almost killed them (maybe it has) Comments?
  • Options
    At least the Fit, and it's update (whenever that comes out) provides an entry level high mpg car below the Civic.
  • Options
    atlantabennyatlantabenny Member Posts: 735
    A popular magazine website already has a road-test comparo. Not naming website for respect of host rules. Nice point-by-point analysis. Sorry to have you search...
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    The lead time on new generations is 4-5 years. You can bet the next generation won't be any larger.
  • Options
    master_ryumaster_ryu Member Posts: 47
    "Some people are predicting that gasoline could spike to $5/gallon over the next several years due to terrorism, market conditions, etc- and yet Honda makes the Accord bigger and heavier, not more fuel efficient. Has Honda gone the way of the American companies and guessed the market wrong"

I think the numbers suggest that the new 08 Accord is more fuel efficient than the current model, considering it produces more power.
  • Options
    elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    3) Some people are predicting that gasoline could spike to $5/gallon over the next several years due to terrorism, market conditions, etc- and yet Honda makes the Accord bigger and heavier, not more fuel efficient. Has Honda gone the way of the American companies and guessed the market wrong? GM, Ford, and Chrylser bet their companies on trucks and SUV's in th 90's and it almost killed them (maybe it has) Comments?

Honda is just giving Americans what they want. Larger cars. There are smaller cars out there, for those who don't want bigger. Honda has the Civic, Toyota has the Corolla, and so on. You can get a car as small as you want. What's the problem?
  • Options
    tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Lweiss, they are just going by what the market is demanding. Specifically, a larger car, in addition to airbags and other safety devices. This adds weight. This model's fuel economy is better than the previous version's. On my 2006 Accord SE 4 auto, I got 37 mpg on a recent highway trip over 400 miles. There are others who have gotten 40 or more on the current generation Accord.

Didn't you buy a 2007 Camry? Were you disappointed in the additional weight vis a vis the 2006?
  • Options
    dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    Don't forget, the diesel appears next year.

By the way, what sort of trim level will come with the diesel?
  • Options
    jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    and maybe (who knows for sure) North American vehicles will see a change to smaller and way more fuel efficient vehicles than even what the Accord is today.

Well, Honda is going to build what they think will sell the most. And that was to increase the HP and kept fuel economy the same. Read posts from a couple of months ago on this forum, and you'll see all sorts of comments about how Camary has this much hp and Altima has this much hp and Accord better have a certain level of hp to compete.

In the last couple of days, there was someone who stated adamantly that they would not consider an Accord at all because they'd have to drive a 4 cylinder in order to not get a sunroof, and they wouldn't do that.

While there has been a move out of full-size trucks and large SUV's, I think there's still going to be a lot of demand for mid-size cars with good hp. In fact many of the SUV downsizers are going to think the Accord V6 gas mileage is great compared to what they were getting.

Honda is actually well positioned for the downsize. Their Civic has had record sales this past year. And for 2008 they're introducing leather for the first time in a Civic because there are some people that want some luxury touches in an fuel efficient car. And they've got the Fit in case gas does go crazy and triple.

But you know, if you go to Europe and see their fleets of small (really small, like the Smart), they still seem to get around OK.

Well that's Europe. And that's not going to happen in America anytime soon. Europe is an entirely different set-up. Lots of areas are urban oriented with plenty of public transportation and little parking. To have a large car in those cities is a liability not an asset. In America however, we'd rather drive 50 miles to work from the suburbs in a nice comfortable car than drive 3 miles in a tiny, dorky car.

But to answer your original premise, I don't think that Honda has made a mistake at all. They have the market covered maybe better than anyone.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    But you know, if you go to Europe and see their fleets of small (really small, like the Smart), they still seem to get around OK. But most Americans can't bear the thought of that, they want big cars just with better mileage.

Most people that have to drive on open roads in Europe do not use a Smart for, say, cruising up the M1 in Great Britain.

True, they do tend to own smaller cars (their highways are narrower often times), but they aren't all driving microcars. Those seemed limited to metro areas like Paris and Rome when I traveled through Europe a few years ago. In less dense cities, like Innsbruck or Salzburg, Austria, and the Tuscan Valley region of Italy, it is common to see as many cars as large or larger than a current day Civic than it is to see a smaller one.

I lived with a family in Austria for a short time, and they had a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Ute (not sure what this translates to, seemed like a smaller Montero), and a Citroen Xsara (seemed somewhere between a Civic and a Mazda 626, perhaps).

This was in the year 2000, things may have changed since then. Just sharing my experiences.

Big cities - smaller cars. Moderate size cities (maybe less than 200k people) had cars not-so-different than what you'd see in America, except many MANY more sticks and diesels.
  • Options
    Why is it a waste? In my TL, the NAV has a compass at the top left-corner. The purpose? To help orient the driver. And you can select two modes. One, where the compass points to the north and the streets are oriented relative to it. In the other mode, the compass orients to the street I'm driving on (this is the mode I prefer).

It's a gadget and one that's probably horribly inaccurate.
    It it's a magnetic compass your car generates enough of a magnetic field that it will throw it off.
    Plus in the US most people that can use a compass can also use a map. I have never used a compass in my car in my boat, while camping yes, but not in my car and I use maps. No problem. it's ok if people want gadgets for their cars but usefulness is probably their least strongest point. S highways are marked on the signs by numbers as to whether they are east west north south anyway.
    I mean it's ok as a toy but I'd wager that 90% of the people with them don't use them.
  • Options
    For the sun worshipers, why doesn't Honda offer a convertible for the Accord- kind of like the Camry Solara is available for Camry lovers. People I know that have convertibles love them- a sunroof is no substitute

Beyond S2000, Honda probably doesn't see a decent market for convertible. Also important to note is that Honda rarely does "half-hearted" attempts. Carving a convertible out of a coupe can be a challenge, if the company wants to maintain structural rigidity. And when they do (while having a reasonably rigid chassis), the car can be excessively heavy. Here is an example:
    BMW 328i Coupe: 3417 lb
    BMW 328i Convertible: 3858 lb

Thats an additional 441 lb. Here is another:
    Audi A4 2.0T: 3450 lb
    Audi A4 2.0T Convertible: 3759 lb

Thats an additional 309 lb.

BTW, I prefer moonroof to convertible. It can be used more often, and "whenever" except bad weather, technically best of both worlds.

Some people are predicting that gasoline could spike to $5/gallon over the next several years due to terrorism, market conditions, etc- and yet Honda makes the Accord bigger and heavier, not more fuel efficient.

Accord is same, or more fuel efficient than before. The new V6 would have been rated 22/32 mpg had EPA not revised the procedure. To give you a perspective, my 1998 Accord EX was rated 23/30 and I average 25-26 mpg in mixed driving.

Speaking of bigger, check this out (EPA volume):
    Altima: 118 cu ft
    Camry: 119 cu ft
    Accord: 120 cu ft
    Sonata: 121 cu ft

But since the cut off to be a full size is at 120 cu ft, only Accord and Sonata get classified as such. Techically, these cars are all similarly sized. The difference however is that among these, Accord has the smallest trunk but largest cabin. Most cars get into full size (or close to it) using a larger trunk. And these cars don't come close to the "real" full size cars like Impala, Avalon, Taurus etc.

As for weight, well, thats a industry-wide trend. We can hate it all we want, but the fact is, cars are getting loaded with features and safety. Just to give you an idea, ten years ago, you could get an Accord without AC, manual windows/mirrors and ABS was available only on top trim. Now, even VSA is standard across the board.

Also note that the much smaller cars (Audi A4 and BMW 3-series are compacts) weigh as much or more! Cadillac CTS used to be a 3600 lb car. With redesign, it is now a 4000+ lb car.
  • Options
    It's a gadget and one that's probably horribly inaccurate.

Why would it change with or without NAV? And ALL magnetic compasses point to magnetic north pole, so it would be a universal issue.

I only need a compass when I completely lose sense of direction. It has happened a few times. If I'm heading home (in which case I will just ask the NAV to "take me home") or have address punched in for directions, then the need isn't there.
  • Options
    chrisxxxchrisxxx Member Posts: 18
    2008 Accord is very upscale and luxury looking. Its very beautiful and I think if the ride is more forgiving it will sell very well to middle-aged and up folks.

I am not sure about the largeness of it....my 07 seems plenty big enough, but if it is too big or lacking in sporty because of the size there is always the civic.

I have been in Northern California the past week and have seen a ton of Prius' and Civic Hybrids and am now thinking 'green' for the future.

I will check out a deisel Accord in the future, but must look into the Prius. I like the hatch back for practicality and pets and I like the 'green' factor. So I must say it interests me.

I must say that the new Accord looks more appealing to middle aged folks and I think that is good for business. I watched a zillion Camrys on the highways and they were almost without exception driven by older folks and the Accord needs to compete with that.

Its pretty. :)
  • Options
    Why would it change with or without NAV? And ALL magnetic compasses point to magnetic north pole, so it would be a universal issue.

Your car generates a magnetic field Google it to get details. A compass should not be used near metal objects period, nevermind one generating huge electromagnetic fields like a car. A compass will point to Magnetic North unless it has a lot of magnetic fields nearby, then it could point anywhere depending on how strong the field was and how sensitive the compass was.
    No matter if it has a Nav system or not.
  • Options
    andy82471andy82471 Member Posts: 120
    I think the coupe looks much nicer than the sedan. Does anyone agree with me that the sedan's front end looks very similar to the Sonata. Looks like for once it was HONDA who copied HYUNDAI rather than the other way around. The powertrain looks fantastic and I won't be surprised if the Accord actually outsells the Camry for MY 08. Unfortunately for GM, the new Malibu just got roasted. It looks like TOYOTA and HONDA have figured out how to stay one step ahead of the domestics in the midsize sedan category.
  • Options
    rumansrumans Member Posts: 13
    "Why would it change with or without NAV? And ALL magnetic compasses point to magnetic north pole, so it would be a universal issue.

Your car generates a magnetic field Google it to get details. A compass should not be used near metal objects period, nevermind one generating huge electromagnetic fields like a car. A compass will point to Magnetic North unless it has a lot of magnetic fields nearby, then it could point anywhere depending on how strong the field was and how sensitive the compass was.
    No matter if it has a Nav system or not."

The navigation equipped compass is based on satellite imput, not magnetic from the standpoint of the car.
  • Options
    master_ryumaster_ryu Member Posts: 47
    "The navigation equipped compass is based on satellite imput, not magnetic from the standpoint of the car."

Ouch..OWNED!
  • Options
    "The navigation equipped compass is based on satellite input, not magnetic from the standpoint of the car."

Ouch..OWNED!

Not really if the compass is not a magnetic based one that's a different story but the original discussion was on non Nav equipped Accords. Either way my point is that a compass that relies on Magnetic North as you indicated is going to be affected by magnetic fields in the car.
    That's pretty hard to dispute 4th grade science.
    If you have satellite tracking and it shows a position as a picture of a compass that is not a magnetic compass and of course it can show you true North versus Magnetic North.
    Either way I'm going to wait for the diesel Accord, compass or not. :P
  • Options
    Sonata's front end looks like 1998 Accord's. So, it doesn't surprise me that 2008 Accord's front end looks like Sonata's. To me, the current Sonata is 1998-2000 Accord for the front and 2003-2005 Accord for the rear. And this won't be the first (and the last time).

1996 Sonata also had 1994 Accord-esque tail. It generally takes Hyundai two years to copy design elements. Remember the 2000 Sonata? Now that one went after Jaguar S-Type for rear with Mercedes E-Class headlamps.

What goes around, comes around.
  • Options
    roaddog2roaddog2 Member Posts: 13
    I'm all for a slightly larger Accord because I'm a slightly larger guy. (6'5") I'm also a recently converted Honda fan :) . I will be waiting for the diesel version of the RL and the Accord for our next vehicles.

RoadDog
    06 Civic,
    06 Ridgeline,
    03 Vulcan Nomad
  • Options
    I'm not even sure why we're discussing magnetic versus geographical north. Next we're going to be concerned about earth's wobbling around its axis. :P

That said, another advantage to NAV is that the climate control system is linked to it. Not sure if it is that way (or will be) in the Accord, but my TL does. Climate control adapts to location of the sun.
  • Options
    jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    Either way my point is that a compass that relies on Magnetic North as you indicated is going to be affected by magnetic fields in the car.
    That's pretty hard to dispute 4th grade science.

I've seen compasses in cars since the 70's. For years, they've also made those little ones filled with water that suction cup to the dash.

No one is arguing that the car doesn't produce some sort of magnetic fields. However, the notion that the car produces a large enough magnetic field to make the compass useless is ridiculous. Given the vast number of compasses installed in cars over four decades, if they had no value, they would no longer be installed anymore.

If you're that anti-compass, please cite some scientific studies showing their ineffectiveness in cars.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I'm not sure if you know, but with a GPS it's doesn't need to know magnetic north. When the GPS samples and gets two consecutive satellite positions, it knows where you were the first time, and where you are at the 2nd sample (and of course each subsequent reading), and therefore can calculate which direction you are heading.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    But you know, if you go to Europe and see their fleets of small (really small, like the Smart), they still seem to get around OK. But most Americans can't bear the thought of that, they want big cars just with better mileage.

Don't forget that we are the fattest people in the world, as well. When Mercedes had Smarts here in Buffalo 2 weeks ago for public road tests. There were a lot of people who simply could not get into it. Anyone with pants size over 40, will probably have hard time driving a Smart. With the statistics saying that 60% of the population is overweight, and 30% of the population is obese, of course "we" demand bigger cars to carry our bloated carcasses.

I am not a small guy, but I am not fat, 6 foot, 200 lbs with 32 waist (52 shoulders). I felt very comfortable in the Smart, and probably would buy it if they had it with a true manual. Althought the CVT that they will be offering in the US does have an electronically coltrolled clutch, as opposed to the torque converter (slush box), I still prefer to "row my own."

P.S. I would bet that carrying all that unneccesary weight is what eating into our national fuel economy. No one would think of carrying a couple of dumbells in their bag everyday, but they do it on their body without thinking.
  • Options
    If you're that anti-compass, please cite some scientific studies showing their ineffectiveness in cars.

What is magnetic distortion?
    Magnetic distortion is the disturbance of accurate compass calculations caused by a sudden abundance of external magnetic fields. Many objects can generate an external magnetic field that results in compass inaccuracy, including railroad track crossings, metal structures and electronic door openers. PNI digital compasses sense any significant change in magnetic fields and the associated magnetic distortion that occurs. Depending on your model, a distortion warning may display briefly whenever your vehicle is within close proximity to a strong magnetic field. Once the vehicle has moved away from the source of the magnetic field, the compass readings will be accurate. If the distortion warning displays continuously or displays after compass setup, try setting up the compass again in a location where there is less magnetic interference. Top

What is compass setup and why is it necessary?
    Setup is the process used with PNI digital compasses to separate the earth's magnetic field from stray magnetic fields emitted by your vehicle. Without setup, a PNI digital compass regards the entire magnetic field as from the earth, including your vehicles magnetic field, resulting in inaccurate compass readings.

Why am I getting incorrect directional headings after setting up my compass?
    Your compass may be affected by magnetic distortion from electronic or metal objects within your vehicle (such as your radio speakers or rear view mirror), or from the surrounding area. First, be sure the unit is mounted in a location that is at least 6 inches away from any magnetic equipment in your vehicle. If the unit is properly mounted, check to see if the magnet icon is flashing in the upper left corner of the display screen. If so, it indicates that the unit is picking up magnetic distortion. If the icon does not disappear after several minutes of driving, you will need to set up the compass again. Incorrect compass headings can also indicate that the compass has not been set up correctly. If you receive incorrect or missing compass headings without the magnet icon flashing, try setting up the compass again, using the instructions in the users guide.

Here is a link, I leave it to you to find others. Even tho this is for a Digital compass the facts remain the same.
    http://www.007radardetectors.com/v2020_faq.htm#1

You cannot adjust for the magnetic fiels using a standard magnetic compass.
    Car makers love to sell gadgets to rubes who think they work. This is but one example.
    Honda if they have a satellite based system has a totally different system that simulates a compass perhaps but in reality it's not a compass at all.
    Take your boyscout compass and use it in your car and it's not going to be accurate. That's a fact jack. :shades:
    End of story, proof given, story ended That's the news and I am outta here. ;)
  • Options
    Don't need no compass and don't need no NAV. Just gimmee a real engine temperature gauge. I'm Southern. :)
  • Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I found a whole bunch of pictures of the 08 accord!
    You might have already found them, but wanted to share!

Nice, even the cloth version looks good!">link title

link title

Click here!
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    There are both Honda and generic threads on navigation systems here. You can go there to see how useful they are.

I get a chuckle out of reading posts about their worth from people who've never used one. I find mine invaluable and I use it all the time for things I never thought mattered. There are pros and cons about the OEM or portable aftermarket units but I find the Honda factory version I have to be well worth the price, especially with the radio/AC/info integrated into the touch screen.

A navigation system is nothing like using a map and/or compass. It has many advantages over getting a map from Mapquest, etc. And yes, I love reading and using maps and know who to use them quite well... which is one reason why I love the navi system. It is a map lover's dream to have everything right at your finger tips.

I won't bore anyone with the details on usefulness... head over to the other threads if you are curious.
  • Options
    Yep. I'm out driving from Dallas to Houston today, a new address, and I don't care about carrying additional pieces of paper, stopping on the way to find out route. I will input the address before leaving, and will require just couple of voice commands to turn it on and get to the destination.

Could do without NAV, but why? Besides, it would also be nice to find some restaurants, while there (and in New Orleans, the next destination over the weekend).
  • Options
    mthexumamthexuma Member Posts: 43
    The accord is no longer midsize. The 2008 is now considered a 2008.

Also - the Accord has been outselling the Camry for a long time. Camry has fleet sales which Accord doesn't. These lead to some false numbers when you are looking the stats.
  • Options
    tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    You cannot adjust for the magnetic fiels using a standard magnetic compass.
    Car makers love to sell gadgets to rubes who think they work. This is but one example.

This is overblown. Airplanes have used magnetic compasses for 50 years in proximity to radios, transponders, etc. They are calibrated for accuracy and any deviation noted. Deviations of >4 degrees are rare. No driver is using a compass with a need for that level of accuracy.
  • Options
    I was looking into my crystal ball, and discovered something interesting. This new Accord may have been designed, not only to make North Americans happy with room for kids to run around inside the cabin, but also to potentially consolidate Honda’s large sedan globally.

The new Accord mimics the exterior dimensions of the current Legend (Acura RL), but it is larger on the inside. So, while this Accord will rightfully serve the duties of a family sedan in the USA and Canada, it could replace Legend in Europe (but labeled as Accord) and Legend & Inspire in Japan (again, labeled as Accord), as well as every other market where Legend is sold. And in many markets, the American Accord is sold as Accord anyway (Australia, India, Thailand etc). So, we might be looking at the global Accord. There might not be a “smaller Accord” anymore.

However, that leaves a void for a large compact/small midsize family sedan, for likes of Japanese and European markets. Honda may put a different name on it. My crystal ball got a bit foggy since I was breathing too closely to it, and missed the name. But I would love to see this sedan be called “Prelude”. Now would be the perfect time to revive the moniker, exactly 30 years since it was first used. And this smaller sedan could be the next Acura TSX (which makes me wonder... we are seeing spy shots of TL which is expected to be launched after TSX, but no word on TSX yet).
  • Options
    captvegecaptvege Member Posts: 22
    Wow the 2008 Accord looks like a Hyundai Azera. Is it as big?
  • Options
    I don't know about the Azera, but 2008 Accord is about as small as Acura RL.

Based on EPA's definition to classify cars, 2008 Accord is actually smaller than Sonata (120 cu ft versus 121 cu ft). :P
  • Options
    fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Well, looks like they are already on trucks heading out to dealerships (Hopefully!) :P

• Options
    hdriver347hdriver347 Member Posts: 1
    What is with people saying the accord looks like a hyundai. First the Koreans tried to steal the name Honda and the badge, then they copied Honda's designs. Just look at the current Sonata. It looks exactly like the 03-05 Honda Accord Rear and the 95 Accord front with the exception of the projector headlights. This new Accord looks like an Acura RL and BMW not no cheap Hyundai.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    No. They would have windows stickers and not be totally exposed without the protective film that's used in shipments from the factory.
    Those are probably test vehicles from the rides and drives.
  • Options
    194 inches! The old Pilot was shorter than that! I think all these car makers have been caught with really big vehicles and gas prices they didn't forsee in the design room 4-5 years ago.
  • Options
    poorcruzerpoorcruzer Member Posts: 141
    The Bush administration, smarting from being accused of siding with big oil is ordering all executives to turn in their Tahoes, Suburbans and Town cars. The new rides are arriving courtesy of Honda. What you see here is one of many deliveries to goverment offices all across this nation, as Honda uses all AMERICAN made parts. The Bush administration has found out that parts suppliers for GM, FORD and Chrysler are increasingly using Chinese parts in their parts. All because GM, FORD and Chrysler are not paying the suppliers enough money to have everything made in AMERICA. :shades:
  • Options
    albookalbook Member Posts: 1,282
    First off, i gotta say WOW! This is more excitement than I expected from the Accord, but then again, this is the company that built the Civic. There is no way I would buy one over the upcoming Malibu, which will definitely steal the sales of some first time midsize buyers, but great effort!

I am not the only one noticing the style cue stealing from BMW. All Honda did was put Acura RL lights on it, and the new grille. Which brings up another thing- this moves the Accord upscale- right into TL territory. And gosh, I think it even looks better. Honda may have put their luxo division in a squeeze. Then again, this is kind of where the Camry/ ES350 situation is (only the Camry doesn't look as good as the ES).
  • Options
    mike767mike767 Member Posts: 20
    Only US made Honda's have the plastic film. All Honda's made in japan have the gel sprayed on the top of the car as a protectant instead of the white plastic film.
This discussion has been closed.