Car Buying Advice - Is this a good deal for a Mazda 6 GT Lease ?

ahmadkaahmadka Member Posts: 16
edited October 2017 in Mazda
I'm interested in leasing a new Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Premium package for 24 months with 12k mileage limit per year with $0 down, and one dealer has quoted me $399/month while another has quoted me with $411/month. Both are excluding tax. Are these good numbers ?

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,826
    ahmadka said:

    I'm interested in leasing a new Mazda 6 Grand Touring with Premium package for 24 months with 12k mileage limit per year with $0 down, and one dealer has quoted me $399/month while another has quoted me with $411/month. Both are excluding tax. Are these good numbers ?

    What is the MSRP?
    Selling price?

    This vehicle will probably lease at a much lower rate for 36 months vs. 24

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ahmadkaahmadka Member Posts: 16
    Okay here's another deal I have received for a 2017 Mazda 6 GT with Premium package:

    MSRP: $34,425
    Sale Price: $30,327
    Factory Cash: $3,250
    Final Car Price: $27,077
    Doc Fee: $80
    Payoff: $0
    Lic/Fees/Acq: $595
    Total: $27672

    Lease Term: 24 months
    Mileage/year: 12k
    Money Factory: 0.00001
    Residual Value: $19,966

    First Payment before driving off: $1500
    23 remaining monthly payments, each is: $332.21/month (excluding tax)

    How is this deal ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,826
    ahmadka said:

    Okay here's another deal I have received for a 2017 Mazda 6 GT with Premium package:

    MSRP: $34,425
    Sale Price: $30,327
    Factory Cash: $3,250
    Final Car Price: $27,077
    Doc Fee: $80
    Payoff: $0
    Lic/Fees/Acq: $595
    Total: $27672

    Lease Term: 24 months
    Mileage/year: 12k
    Money Factory: 0.00001
    Residual Value: $19,966

    First Payment before driving off: $1500
    23 remaining monthly payments, each is: $332.21/month (excluding tax)

    How is this deal ?

    With those numbers, I get $321.54/mo.+tax, with just first payment and DMV charges upfront (under $1000 total).

    Other than their final numbers not matching the calculations, it looks like a good deal.
    About $25/mo. less for a 33 month term.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • avarma44avarma44 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to lease a Mazda 6 GT for 36 months, and below is a quote given to me by one of the dealers:-
    MSRP: $31,870
    Sale Price: $30,340
    Dealer Discount: $1530
    Adjusted Capital Cost: $26,844.91
    Acq fee: $595
    Gross cap cost: $31,014.99
    Rebate: $3,250
    Paid by customer: $2,000
    Residual value: $15,935

    The lease options given are, with $2000 down -$360.93pm
    with $2500 down - 346.26pm

    Is this a good deal..?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 187,055
    avarma44 said:

    I'm looking to lease a Mazda 6 GT for 36 months, and below is a quote given to me by one of the dealers:-
    MSRP: $31,870
    Sale Price: $30,340
    Dealer Discount: $1530
    Adjusted Capital Cost: $26,844.91
    Acq fee: $595
    Gross cap cost: $31,014.99
    Rebate: $3,250
    Paid by customer: $2,000
    Residual value: $15,935

    The lease options given are, with $2000 down -$360.93pm
    with $2500 down - 346.26pm

    Is this a good deal..?

    Is this a 2017 or a 2017.5? There are different lease numbers for the two.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • avarma44avarma44 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    Michaell said:

    avarma44 said:

    I'm looking to lease a Mazda 6 GT for 36 months, and below is a quote given to me by one of the dealers:-
    MSRP: $31,870
    Sale Price: $30,340
    Dealer Discount: $1530
    Adjusted Capital Cost: $26,844.91
    Acq fee: $595
    Gross cap cost: $31,014.99
    Rebate: $3,250
    Paid by customer: $2,000
    Residual value: $15,935

    The lease options given are, with $2000 down -$360.93pm
    with $2500 down - 346.26pm

    Is this a good deal..?

    Is this a 2017 or a 2017.5? There are different lease numbers for the two.
    this is for a Mazda 6 2017.5 model
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 191,826
    avarma44 said:

    Michaell said:

    avarma44 said:

    I'm looking to lease a Mazda 6 GT for 36 months, and below is a quote given to me by one of the dealers:-
    MSRP: $31,870
    Sale Price: $30,340
    Dealer Discount: $1530
    Adjusted Capital Cost: $26,844.91
    Acq fee: $595
    Gross cap cost: $31,014.99
    Rebate: $3,250
    Paid by customer: $2,000
    Residual value: $15,935

    The lease options given are, with $2000 down -$360.93pm
    with $2500 down - 346.26pm

    Is this a good deal..?

    Is this a 2017 or a 2017.5? There are different lease numbers for the two.
    this is for a Mazda 6 2017.5 model
    Those numbers the dealer gave are for the 2017 model (residual and lease cash), not a 2017.5 model.
    I get $303/mo.+tax. (using those 2017 numbers)
    Your payment seems high, especially with $2000 upfront.
    Which state is this?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • avarma44avarma44 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    kyfdx said:

    avarma44 said:

    Michaell said:

    avarma44 said:

    I'm looking to lease a Mazda 6 GT for 36 months, and below is a quote given to me by one of the dealers:-
    MSRP: $31,870
    Sale Price: $30,340
    Dealer Discount: $1530
    Adjusted Capital Cost: $26,844.91
    Acq fee: $595
    Gross cap cost: $31,014.99
    Rebate: $3,250
    Paid by customer: $2,000
    Residual value: $15,935

    The lease options given are, with $2000 down -$360.93pm
    with $2500 down - 346.26pm

    Is this a good deal..?

    Is this a 2017 or a 2017.5? There are different lease numbers for the two.
    this is for a Mazda 6 2017.5 model
    Those numbers the dealer gave are for the 2017 model (residual and lease cash), not a 2017.5 model.
    I get $303/mo.+tax. (using those 2017 numbers)
    Your payment seems high, especially with $2000 upfront.
    Which state is this?
    Thank you for your response. I am in Northern CA. The car had heads up display and leather seats instead of leatherette upholstery. So i thought it was 2017.5. I moved in recently to the US and trying to understand all the terms related to car leasing.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 187,055
    avarma44 said:

    kyfdx said:

    avarma44 said:

    Michaell said:

    avarma44 said:

    I'm looking to lease a Mazda 6 GT for 36 months, and below is a quote given to me by one of the dealers:-
    MSRP: $31,870
    Sale Price: $30,340
    Dealer Discount: $1530
    Adjusted Capital Cost: $26,844.91
    Acq fee: $595
    Gross cap cost: $31,014.99
    Rebate: $3,250
    Paid by customer: $2,000
    Residual value: $15,935

    The lease options given are, with $2000 down -$360.93pm
    with $2500 down - 346.26pm

    Is this a good deal..?

    Is this a 2017 or a 2017.5? There are different lease numbers for the two.
    this is for a Mazda 6 2017.5 model
    Those numbers the dealer gave are for the 2017 model (residual and lease cash), not a 2017.5 model.
    I get $303/mo.+tax. (using those 2017 numbers)
    Your payment seems high, especially with $2000 upfront.
    Which state is this?
    Thank you for your response. I am in Northern CA. The car had heads up display and leather seats instead of leatherette upholstery. So i thought it was 2017.5. I moved in recently to the US and trying to understand all the terms related to car leasing.
    Some good research material on leases here:

    https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.