Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Honda Fit

Comments

• Options
    lmccormicklmccormick Member Posts: 9
    I saw several folks put down deposits for the Lunar Mist color in the sport model. I thought that color only came in the base model? Also, I thought it was not available in the manual transmission. I'm really confused now. By the way I got to drive a Storm Silver sport manual yesterday! The price quote was too high and we're not sure about color yet so we didn't buy but plan to.
    Lisa
  • Options
    bprendersonbprenderson Member Posts: 99
    Yesterday, I received 3 quotes back from the local dealers. All three were right on the money. Tax = .0625. T & L = $175.55 and MSRP = $14,650 (Fit base AT)plus $550 for freight. No gouging here in central Texas. :):D
  • Options
    hungarian83hungarian83 Member Posts: 678
    Lunar Mist is only available in the base model. All trim lines and colors are available with either the 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic.

Your dealership already has cars available? What region are you in?
  • Options
    ludexrludexr Member Posts: 20
    Just visited my dealer and deposite $500 for blue/sport/manual, my total price $16814 tax& tag included, no discount. My sales person said all AT Fit are pre-sold. One Fit left on the list, Red/base/manual.
    My Fit should arive by 4/20 or 4/24.
    Best wishes to all members getting a FIT.
  • Options
    timbuk3timbuk3 Member Posts: 17
    Yeah - here in Dallas I was quoted the MSRP of $15,170 + $550 destination for the Sport MT. That's it. Subtract my trade-in and add tinted windows, my total is $15,315 (w/out TTL). I locked that in because I think that's a good deal. Again, for accessories see collegehillshonda.com.
  • Options
    cephmecephme Member Posts: 26
    They got one of each fit (1 Manual, 1 Manual Sport, 1 Auto, and 1 Auto Sport) in today. I am going to schedule a test drive of the Auto Sport for tomorrow night. Honestly I am likely to be going with the Mazda 3 5 door, but I am keeping an open mind due to the cost difference and my limited driving miles per year. Will let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    gsemikegsemike Member Posts: 2,288
    I saw one close up at the auto show and came away quite impressed. The interior materials looked to be very good quality and it made extremely good use of the space. With the good gas mileage, I think that it would make an excellent car for a small family. All I would change is to put bigger tires on it and improve the warranty.
  • Options
    johnd15johnd15 Member Posts: 41
    To my surprise, our silver 5 speed Fit Sport is in! Just got a message from the dealer the car is waiting. Can't believe way up here in N MI we seem to be first. Can't wait to drive it! Will report in later as soon as we can get over to Traverse City.
  • Options
    mebmanmebman Member Posts: 100
    Just got a call that my storm silver sport AT is in. I had ordered 2, and the blue one is not in yet. I am paying sticker for both cars, so the only variable is trade in value of my 2 cars. I'm wondering if I stand a better chance of getting a good trade in value if I am buying both cars at once instead of one at a time?
  • Options
    bprendersonbprenderson Member Posts: 99
    Just finished talking to REMCO customer service and some Honda Service honchos in San Antonio. Remco says they know nothing and probably won't invest a lot in finding a solution. Honda Service Honcho says Honda published a paper recently and the CRV is the only Honda certified to tow 4-down with auto trans. Good By Fit................. :( :mad: :cry:
  • Options
    raychuang00raychuang00 Member Posts: 541
    I finally saw a Honda Fit at the local dealer in Sacramento, CA today. :) It's a Fit Sport automatic and gawd, the eternal size reminds me the original VW Rabbit from the late 1970's! (Mind you, the interior space is vastly better than that Rabbit model. ;) )
  • Options
    Second one just called. Going to visit both tomorrow to see what they are offering for a price.

Will keep you informed.
  • Options
    Finally, just as I was beginning to doubt the very existance of my car, my dealer called saying it's in. I'll be picking it up tonight, after work!
  • Options
    georgetgeorget Member Posts: 48
    Who will be first to post a picture of their new Fit purchased in the USA? What kind of prize could be offered?

I snooped around my dealer's lot on Sunday, but they had nothing hidden in the back. Can't wait till they are in PA.
  • Options
    Yeah, I swung by the dealer at about 7PM last night. He called me today. Last night they told me they did not have them yet. I bet the cars were in the staging area down in South Boston (always a site to see). Either that or they were on the lot and did not tell me for some reason. :mad:
  • Options
    thatsmycallthatsmycall Member Posts: 54
    Put down 2k on Fit. Emailed back and forth today asked if it was for MSRP he said for internet it was.

They had three built and coming, one base 2 sport AT. Two were already taken, I got sport in silver storm, which would not have been my pick, but I saw this as my only chance for a while. Next one on the list had not even been built and I think it will be tight for a while- so I feel lucky.

About half way through my business a couple arrived to by a Fit, I'm 44 and they looked 70. The dealer had no idea when mine would arrive, but I bet within the next 48hrs. Olympia WA
  • Options
    drknifedrknife Member Posts: 25
  • Options
    lmccormicklmccormick Member Posts: 9
    I'm on the west coast of Florida. We have three dealers in the area and only one has them in..as of yesterday. The other dealers aren't too happy that they got them first. I will buy from whoever decides to give me the best deal. The price quoted on the one I test drove was at MSRP but the accessories I wanted were way overpriced plus they add on a dealer junk fee of $489 which I refuse to pay. I guess they thought we looked desperate. We left. We'll get one eventually.
  • Options
    coldstorage5coldstorage5 Member Posts: 76
    Hey Fit Folks,
    Just came back from two dealers.
    The MSRP for a Fit sport auto is $16525.
    I got him down $200 bucks then left.
    I know of at least 3 dealerships that have multiple Fits in the NYC Metro area. More are on theway.
    Dont Panic, negotiate.
  • Options
    dewaltdakotadewaltdakota Member Posts: 364
    They seem to be consolidating the threads...

Keep this in mind, when you go looking for the posts you can't seem to find.
  • Options
    I just got back from my dealer and am so mad I could spit nails. We all have accepted the dissapointments of no cvt, lower than expected mpg, and higher than expected msrp. But when I got to my dealer to pick up my Fit he offered me 1200$ less than blue book trade-in value. My car is in MINT condition and they wouldn't have to do a thing to make 2000$ on it by offering me NADA blue book trade-in value. After doing the back and forth game to the manager for a very LONG time they came up to 1000$ less than blue book trade-in.
    I understand that they should make a profit, but to pay MSRP, and get 1000$ less than blue book trade-in , and to have to spend hours in this mind numbing back and forth game that they play is just wrong. Dealers are such scumbags!
    Enough is enough I got up and left. :mad:
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    If your car is in mint condition, go sell it yourself (and get lots more than NADA trade-in value) then go back and get the Fit--if you still want it.
  • Options
    giobgiob Member Posts: 5
    Only $1700, one dealer here in Northern CA quoted exactly $4K over MSRP on a Sport Fit MT, talk about greed. Good thing I have a deposit at an other dealer for MSRP.
  • Options
    ludexrludexr Member Posts: 20
    Did Honda target the correct age group?
    I’m in my 40’s getting my Fit 4/20
    Members buying a FIT what age group are you in?
  • Options
    I'm 38...
  • Options
    I would have done this already if I had a clue that the "nice" dealer that took my order was going to turn into a greed personified. No time for that now, so I guess I will have to start over and get in line with another dealer. It wasn't this difficult to get treated fairly when I bought an 05' Toyota Prius, and they command a much higher premium than the Fit ever will.
  • Options
    What area do you live in Mebman? Maybe a fellow Fit fan could point you in the right direction?
  • Options
    I'm 23. I have owned for about 2 hours so far, and already people from their teenage years to 60 years old have said they wouldn't mind having one.

Just like in Europe, and Japan this car spans all age groups.
  • Options
    You know that is just pure unadulterated GREED! I really dont have an axe to grind about dealers, but stuff like this is just one step better than price gouging for food during a hurricane. How do they sleep at night?
  • Options
    Houston, TX
  • Options
    Well, I finally have it sitting in my driveway. I'm very happy with it. I had no problems with premiums or anything. I paid MSRP. For some people this may be unacceptable, but I have no problem. It was $13,850 + destination. I wrote one check and was done with it. I was not in a position to haggle, I was the first one to pre-order at the dealer and they have a eager group of people waiting for the base model(!). I live in a fairly wealthy area, so I guess this a bit to my surprise.

There were three cars at the dealership.
    Fit (Storm Silver 5MT) -- mine
    Fit Sport (Vivid Blue 5AT)
    Fit Sport (Orange Blaze 5AT)

All the orders had been spoken for and they should be getting another one in a few weeks (also spoken for). Demand is quite high.
    I have sat in the European Jazz and even took it for a very short spin, but I will try to evaluate like it's completely new to me.

To start off, the car is 100% Japan-made at Suzuka. The media pictures make the car look like its longer than it really is. It's quite short and tall. The wheel covers look so much better in person. The driving position is fine for me, but I can now see how some people might have an issue with it, since there is no height adjuster. I got adjusted to it pretty quickly though. Nice peppy performance at mid-range rpms, nice handling even with the base model wheels. Brakes are nice and solid. The electric steering is remarkable at very low speeds since it takes nothing from the engine. Admitedly, it feels a little dull at certain speeds.

I want to break the car in properly, so it will be a little while before you get any real performance evaluation from me. The engine feels a little out of breath at about 60 mph, but then again I'm not pushing it either. Shifter is nice and smooth, while the clutch is seriously effortless. Identical to what I experienced in the European Jazz. Very quiet ride. I have gotten used to driving a manual on only one car for several years now, so it took a quick drive to get used to the way the shifter works. Pedals are very close together.

Fit and finish is top notch. There is quite a liberal application of hard plastics in the dashboard, but it doesn't feel too cheap.

I'm sure I will have tons more in the future, but that's all for right now. Any questions I will answer to the best of my ability.

mebman, I'm very sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope you still get the Fit though. I think it's definitely worth the money. I'm very glad getting the base model and I felt the Sport had lots of things I don't need. To each his own though. My dealer was great all the way through, but the guy I actually wrote the check too was the TYPICAL salesman and I don't mind not seeing him again.

One more thing. Again, I'm really keeping performance down now, and I know engines tend to loosen up after a while, but it does feel like the engine will be really going fast around 75 or 80 mph. Should only be an issue with MT models though.

Oh, Honda you are SO slow. My Fit is in my driveway, and you still don't have a real website up! :confuse:

Best of luck for who all get their Fits!
  • Options
    drknifedrknife Member Posts: 25
    i am 25
  • Options
    vchiuvchiu Member Posts: 564
    Congrats for your delivery

Pls don't hesitate to post pictures.

I remember I had a very good feeling when I first drove my Fit. Breaking-in should be pretty short as my owner's manual indicated 1000km were enough

BR
  • Options
    lykenslykens Member Posts: 13
    :mad: :confuse: NADA trade-in is made up of mark up and wholesale value. Your dealer showed you trade in what wholesale value was. The Fit has no mark up. I just noticed the invoice to the sport is like 100 less than MSRP. Now add destination then subtract rouly $300 for PDI and the dealers do not make make anything at sticker. Yes, I do work for a dealership but this takes the wind out of the sales a little bit. To make any money then you have to hold back on the trade or add to the MSRP. Do I agree with $4k over? He** No , but 3% over is not asking for to much.
  • Options
    coloradocraigcoloradocraig Member Posts: 14
    Wow, I'm older than all you guys put together - 63!!
  • Options
    bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    MSRP is $100 over invoice on FIT Sport? Please. I am wondering how much it really is, and I am sure it is less than the Civic LX. The Civic LX is $1400. I am guessing about $800-1100 on the Fit Sport. Even the Yaris with a smaller markup is $400 on the $10,900 stripper model.

$100, that is funny. Sounds like a car salesman talking.

Can we actually get the real truth from isellhondas or jmurman?
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Hungarian - curious about the revving. How many rpm at 60 mph in top gear? I have calculated it at abot 2850 and would like to know if that is what is indicated.
  • Options
    I don't have a digital camera with me, so it will be a few days before any pictures are up. However, I will definitely get some pictures on my Carspace site as soon as possible.

A few other things that come to mind.
    At very low speeds you can sometimes hear the fuel sloshing around the tank since you are sitting right above it. A bit annoying, but not a huge negative.

Night driving is great with the huge bright headlights. I can confirm the Car & Driver comment that the instruments are Acura grade. They are very high-quality looking, especially at night.

The real life color of the Storm Silver is quite a bit darker than the Satin Silver available on most US Hondas, but much lighter than the dark "graphite" silver on the Accord and Civic.
  • Options
    Hi dudleyr,

2850 rpm is very close to what it revved at. I was actually noting that on the way home and I remember seeing it below 3000 near the 2900 mark. We have a 2002 Civic 5MT as well, and the rpm/mph ratio is quite similar. Tomorrow after work I might take the car on the freeway and see what 70 or 75 is like. I'm trying to keep the rpms below 3500 for the first few hundred miles (1000km or about 600 mi).

It will still be a little while since the car had 5 miles when I picked it up. In fact, they didn't even have time to put the window sticker up! ;)
  • Options
    According to friend who worked as a car salesman for a short period here in Northern Cal, if one requests to see the Invoice on a new car, by Law, they have to show it to you. Gimme a couple of days and I WILL report back on what I found out.
    giob
  • Options
    Gratulalok hungarian83, I think you might just be the first in the US (at least on this forum) to have taken delivery of a Fit.
    I am also getting a Storm Silver MT, but a Sport. I do a lot of long distance driving and wanted the Cruise.
    giob
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    Yeah - here in Dallas I was quoted the MSRP of $15,170 + $550 destination for the Sport MT. That's it. Subtract my trade-in and add tinted windows, my total is $15,315 (w/out TTL).
    They gave you less than $1000 for your trade-in? What is it? I'll give you more than they paid for it. No - seriously, unless it's a hulking 1978 Dodge or something.
  • Options
    spotbearsdspotbearsd Member Posts: 33
    Got my Fit Sport (auto) today. I already had a new Civic ready for delivery and when I pulled up and got out of my F150 I was trading in, I saw this blue flash zip by in the dealer lot. Apparently, today the dealership just got their first delivery of Fits. All were spoken for except a white Sport. I drove that and decided it was a better "fit" for me and my lifestyle (have a dog). There were a lot of pissed off salesmen when they saw I was buying this car. My salesman showed me a list of 9 people who had $2K deposits on them! Apparently, this car was the only one that was available and they were about to start calling the deposit holders. They wanted $1K over MSRP. I got it for $500 over MSRP. Ive never paid MSRP for anything before, but this car didnt make me blink even at that price even when I was getting the Civic at $500 over Invoice and a some extras thrown in! There was also some talk that the dealership was not to physically release the cars until 10 days from now or something wierd like that?
  • Options
    Cash in hand always beats making phonecalls. It's a better car, IMO, than the Civic. Sedans aren't as useful to me as a nice little microwagn/hatchback.

3/4 Size Matrix just about describes it. Just as well built and just as useable. Mine's eventually going to be a manual, though, once the dust settles in a few months. Maybe even find a way to import a used DX from Canada.
  • Options
    brek1brek1 Member Posts: 19
    Mebman,

if you can, just go to CarMax. As terrible as my car was that i bought from them, they offered me 50% more than KBB trade-in value. Although, I think they offer you more if you bought the car from them, like i did. I didnt sell it to them, but i probably will when my Fit comes in. I currently have a depot on a blue sport MT and a silver sport MT and two different dealerships. I was going to get Silver, but now im leaning toward the blue.
  • Options
    spotbearsdspotbearsd Member Posts: 33
    Im 38.. just picked the little bugger up today at the dealership! (White Sport w/Auto)
  • Options
    timbuk3timbuk3 Member Posts: 17
    Plekto,
    The dealer is giving me $700 for my 1983 Toyota Corolla with 195,000 miles on it. Want it for $1000? Are you in Dallas as well?
  • Options
    brek1brek1 Member Posts: 19
  • Options
    I'm in California. Otherwise I'd jump on it. I had a 1985 Dodoge Colt/MItsubishi Mirage and it was funky. Worth about $700-1000. But it got good mileage and was monkey-simple to maintain.

I have half a mind to sit in front of a Honda dealership with a sign "will offer more for your trade-in than these guys will". ;)

I need a beater-mobile since I have to move soon and that means the old clasic Mercedes has to likely find another home. I'm hoping to drag this out for another 5-6 months until I get some specs on the hybrid Fit.