Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 Kia Forte Lease Deals and Prices

13»

Comments

• Options
    lesseefairlesseefair Member Posts: 132
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

May I please have MF, RV and any incentives for:

2018 Kia Forte LX and S (sedan)
    CVT
    24/12 and 36/12
    Zip code: 60050

(I'm seeing multiple posts in this thread from different users requesting 24/15 and 36/15. Is 15,000 miles per year standard for KIA leases?)

Thank you.

Actually, 12K is the standard mileage allowance for Kia

LX
    .00201 and 49%; $5100 incentive
    .00195 and 45%; $4300 incentive

S
    .00197 and 52%; $4700 incentive
    .00200 and 48%; $3900 incentive
    Thank you very much.

If I'm seeing the following kinds of numbers for an S advertised on a KIA dealer's website...

MSRP: $20,470
    Savings: $6,146
    Price: $14,324

How can I determine what incentives/discounts comprise that $6,146? Are the "Savings" numbers above for a purchase, only?

If I negotiate a purchase price based upon those numbers, then flip the switch and state that I am interested in leasing, based upon the negotiated purchase price, will the dealer say, "No, no, no. The $6,146 in discounts is for purchase, only."

As you know well, when one leases, the finance company actually purchases the vehicle from the dealer for the negotiated purchase price, but I can't believe that, based upon the above numbers, that this Forte S would be available for $14,324--and then *also* qualify for the additional $5,100 lease incentive.

That would bring the purchase price down to $9.224, which is preposterous.

Any clarification when you have a moment would be greatly appreciated.
    Generally speaking, dealer ads includes incentives that are good for purchase only.

No way will you get 50% off MSRP

You are better off being upfront about your desire to lease before you begin negotiations, so you'll avoid the exact scenario you describe.

Not likely to find a sub $200/mo lease, now.
    Terrific, thank you.

In past leases, I've never begun the process via stating outright that I would be leasing--because then the reps start throwing meaningless questions at you ("What would you like your monthly payment to be?" "How much do you want to put down?" Etc.)

I've always negotiated a purchase price, then said, "Okay. Now I want to lease, based upon that purchase price." And I go in armed with the MF, RV and incentives, via these forums.

Having written all of that, it seems that only KIA has blind "Savings" figures--extreme savings in the thousands of dollars which you have no idea what they are. I've never encountered that with another brand.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

CVT
    24/12 and 36/12

(I'm seeing multiple posts in this thread from different users requesting 24/15 and 36/15. Is 15,000 miles per year standard for KIA leases?)

Thank you.

LX

S
    Thank you very much.

If I'm seeing the following kinds of numbers for an S advertised on a KIA dealer's website...

How can I determine what incentives/discounts comprise that $6,146? Are the "Savings" numbers above for a purchase, only?

If I negotiate a purchase price based upon those numbers, then flip the switch and state that I am interested in leasing, based upon the negotiated purchase price, will the dealer say, "No, no, no. The $6,146 in discounts is for purchase, only."

As you know well, when one leases, the finance company actually purchases the vehicle from the dealer for the negotiated purchase price, but I can't believe that, based upon the above numbers, that this Forte S would be available for $14,324--and then *also* qualify for the additional $5,100 lease incentive.

Generally speaking, dealer ads includes incentives that are good for purchase only.

You are better off being upfront about your desire to lease before you begin negotiations, so you'll avoid the exact scenario you describe.

Terrific, thank you.

In past leases, I've never begun the process via stating outright that I would be leasing--because then the reps start throwing meaningless questions at you ("What would you like your monthly payment to be?" "How much do you want to put down?" Etc.)

I've always negotiated a purchase price, then said, "Okay. Now I want to lease, based upon that purchase price." And I go in armed with the MF, RV and incentives, via these forums.

Having written all of that, it seems that only KIA has blind "Savings" figures--extreme savings in the thousands of dollars which you have no idea what they are. I've never encountered that with another brand.
    You can still control the conversation. Tell them you are leasing, but you want to focus on the selling price only. That way, you can avoid all the questions from the salesperson.

When I negotiated my Jetta lease, the dealer knew I was leasing. I had an existing lease that was:

1. Over miles
    2. Had two payment remaining
    3. Had moderate damage to the rear bumper

We negotiated a price, then came to an equitable arrangement to address the above issues. I had my spreadsheet on my phone, and I confirmed all the calculations with the dealer, looking over the shoulder of the sales manager as he plugged in the numbers into their software.

The only hiccup was in regards to sales tax. Turns out CO has some taxes that are collected up front, and others that are assessed against the monthly payment. I had to go in and sign the contract again, once that was sorted out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    lesseefairlesseefair Member Posts: 132
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

CVT
    24/12 and 36/12

Thank you.

LX

S
    Thank you very much.

Terrific, thank you.

You can still control the conversation. Tell them you are leasing, but you want to focus on the selling price only. That way, you can avoid all the questions from the salesperson.

When I negotiated my Jetta lease, the dealer knew I was leasing. I had an existing lease that was:

1. Over miles
    2. Had two payment remaining
    3. Had moderate damage to the rear bumper

We negotiated a price, then came to an equitable arrangement to address the above issues. I had my spreadsheet on my phone, and I confirmed all the calculations with the dealer, looking over the shoulder of the sales manager as he plugged in the numbers into their software.

The only hiccup was in regards to sales tax. Turns out CO has some taxes that are collected up front, and others that are assessed against the monthly payment. I had to go in and sign the contract again, once that was sorted out.
    Excellent, thank you. I appreciate that additional information!
  • Options
    charmerxcharmerx Member Posts: 22
    Can I please have the MF, RV and Incentives/Rebates for:

2018 Kia Forte LX
    Automatic
    36mo/10k
    Zip code: 30062
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    charmerx said:

2018 Kia Forte LX
    Automatic
    36mo/10k
    Zip code: 30062

.00195 MF and 46% residual
    $4300 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jsx22jsx22 Member Posts: 17
    Can I have the numbers for 2018 Forte LX Auto 36/10k in zip 90013?
  • Options
    jsx22 said:

Appears that 2018 model lease support has ended for the Forte

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jsx22jsx22 Member Posts: 17
    kyfdx said:

jsx22 said:

Appears that 2018 model lease support has ended for the Forte

Got it, thank you!!
  • Options
    bp2015bp2015 Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2018
    Looking for the residual, MF, lease incentives for a 2019 Forte S in South Florida. 36/10. Thank you!
  • Options
    bp2015 said:

Looking for the residual, MF, lease incentives for a 2019 Forte S in South Florida. 36/10. Thank you!

The 2019 Forte lease thread can be found here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/52360/kia/forte/2019-kia-forte-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    glawen1glawen1 Member Posts: 22
    Hi! Could I please have the 36/12 December numbers for 2018 Kia Forte LX MT, LX AT and S in Pittsburgh PA 15090? I have 790 FICO first tier credit. Thanks!
  • Options
    glawen1 said:

Hi! Could I please have the 36/12 December numbers for 2018 Kia Forte LX MT, LX AT and S in Pittsburgh PA 15090? I have 790 FICO first tier credit. Thanks!

The lease programs for the 2018 Forte have ended.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dsteppagedsteppage Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    What purchase incentives are available for 2018 Forte S and EXs and when do they end? Looks like Hyundai's Elantra incentives run through 1/2/19. Thank you.
  • Options
    dsteppage said:

What purchase incentives are available for 2018 Forte S and EXs and when do they end? Looks like Hyundai's Elantra incentives run through 1/2/19. Thank you.

What ZIP code?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    dsteppagedsteppage Member Posts: 4
  • Options
    robertttdrobertttd Member Posts: 5

2018 Kia Forte S
    Automatic
    36mo/10k
    Zip code: 91723
  • Options
    dsteppage said:

dsteppage said:

We show $3000 Kia-to-dealer cash on all 2018 model Fortes.

Programs end 01/02/2019

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    robertttd said:

2018 Kia Forte S
    Automatic
    36mo/10k

No longer any lease programs for the 2018 model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    robertttdrobertttd Member Posts: 5
    kyfdx said:

robertttd said:

2018 Kia Forte S
    Automatic
    36mo/10k

Anything for 2019 models?
  • Options
    robertttd said:

kyfdx said:

robertttd said:

2018 Kia Forte S
    Automatic
    36mo/10k

Anything for 2019 models?
    Yes, please post here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/52360/kia/forte/2019-kia-forte-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator