Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought a new car and completed the purchase entirely online? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 5/28 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2018 Honda CR-V Price Deals and Buying Experience

12346»

Comments

• jarkjark Posts: 88
    Msrp 30,545 for 2018 EXL 2WD in Los Angeles. Dealer offered 26589. I countered with $25200. Should put me under 28k OTD. Thoughts?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 152,577
    jark said:

Msrp 30,545 for 2018 EXL 2WD in Los Angeles. Dealer offered 26589. I countered with $25200. Should put me under 28k OTD. Thoughts?

I think the dealer's offer is pretty good.
    You might do better, but I don't think you'll do $1400 better.

Check out pricing, here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• brian125brian125 New York Posts: 5,235
    edited January 2019
    jark said:
    Just bought a 2018 for a friend few days ago on the  East coast for @2842 below dealers invoice with the 1k accessory pac. Thrown in. Dealer doc fee was $400

your asking dealer to go @3500 plus below invoice price .....not going to happen. I would target a more reasonable price of 500 to $700 off there quote.

2016 BMW X-5 35i, 2012 MB ML350

• jark said:
    Jark 

what dealer quoted you this? Im in the market

• Hello!

Looking at leasing 2018 CR-V AWD Touring 36/12 with zip code of 60645 in January/February 2019. Can I please have the RV, MF and incentives?

From the numbers I theoretically punched assuming an 18% tax per month because of my beautiful city use tax + sales tax and a MF( not sure if this is the right one) of .00016 I'm am seeing roughly $350-375 a month with a $1000 down of a cap cost around $32,000(assuming I can get one for this price). Does this seem right or to good to be true.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Hello!

Looking at leasing 2018 CR-V AWD Touring 36/12 with zip code of 60645 in January/February 2019. Can I please have the RV, MF and incentives?

From the numbers I theoretically punched assuming an 18% tax per month because of my beautiful city use tax + sales tax and a MF( not sure if this is the right one) of .00016 I'm am seeing roughly $350-375 a month with a $1000 down of a cap cost around $32,000(assuming I can get one for this price). Does this seem right or to good to be true.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Please re-post in the CR-V lease discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/49272/honda/cr-v/2018-honda-cr-v-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Moderator

• Hello,

Is this a good deal to pay 27,586 for used 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD with 7,000 miles? Price can be negotiated I think, how much do you think I can lower it to? Thank you!

Hello,

Is this a good deal to pay 27,586 for used 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD with 7,000 miles? Price can be negotiated I think, how much do you think I can lower it to? Thank you!

Post a description of the vehicle, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values#latest

An expert can give you a value on it.

Generally, slightly used Hondas aren't great buys in the used car market, as they depreciate slowly.

Edmunds Moderator

• jasiv63 said:

genius85 said:

jasiv63 said:

genius85 said:

After getting quotes from around 10 dealerships. The best OTD quote I have received is $31,200 in NJ for EX-L trim. I think this is good quote. I'm trying to negotiate more. Guys, what is your opinion. Should I go with this price or wait for the month end which is next week to give a last shoot.

Does anyone has any idea what is this theft protection? is this really worth it? Secondly, dealer doesn't have color which I want Black/Ivory. He will get it from other dealer in 2-5 days. In this case, how much amount should I pay to the dealer up-front? Would all documentation be completed at the time when they get the car from other dealer or I have to finalize all documentation up-front then they will get the car from other showroom?
    My best guess is that you can close the deal and sign all the paper works first. The amount of the up-front, you can probably offer a number to your preference, or maybe none because after all you've signed the contract and you're obligated to honor it. In my case (though the dealer has the car), I signed my contract on 2/21, but it was after the bank hours so I could not get the cashier's check, and my next available date to come into the dealer is 2/24. When I was talking with my salesperson, he said yeah probably throw in some deposit and then pay the rest when I pick up the car. But the actual decision is entirely on the financial manager, because when I was in his office signing the contract and I told him i would bring the check and pick up the car on 2/24. He didn't ask me to pay anything up front (since I am not driving away the car), so just a check with full amount on the day of my pick up. Hope this helps a bit.

Btw, did you check out the ivory interior in person? If you did then it's all good, if you didn't I would suggest that you do that. Because I saw both the gray and ivory interior at the dealers, I felt that it will get stains and dirt in no time...but yea it's all about personal preference. Just make sure you see it with your eyes, don't picture it.
    *Please note that I had the same experience, signed all the written documents first, and then got a car with a 90-mile reading a week later.