Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda CR-V Price Deals and Buying Experience

Comments

• sk032013sk032013 Member Posts: 31
    ppds2018 said:

I am paying cash. Today I got the OTD $31,973 from one dealer in NJ. I am still waiting for better deal..

Nice, What is the selling price they gave you for this.?
  • wandlwandl Member Posts: 40
    DFW area am getting quotes for around $30,4xx before TTL for a 18 Touring FWD, which is right about 10% off MSRP
    edited January 2018
    Hello All - Spoke to dealer and made a deal however they don't have color i am interested in, Sales guy wants me to pay a deposit and he can hold the vehicle once its in.

Anyone of you in past left deposit, what is the average amount of deposit for 2018 CRV EXL AWD i have to leave at dealer.?

What are the factors i need to keep in mind, while leaving deposit?

1. Color of Vehicle
    2. Car specs
    3. Timeframe on when they can get the vehicle (1 week or 2 weeks)
    4. Is deposit is non refundable.

Thanks for your time.
  • lovethelancerlovethelancer Member Posts: 70
    sk032013 said:
    Hello All - Spoke to dealer and made a deal however they don't have color i am interested in, Sales guy wants me to pay a deposit and he can hold the vehicle once its in. Anyone of you in past left deposit, what is the average amount of deposit for 2018 CRV EXL AWD i have to leave at dealer.? What are the factors i need to keep in mind, while leaving deposit? 1. Color of Vehicle 2. Car specs 3. Timeframe on when they can get the vehicle (1 week or 2 weeks) 4. Is deposit is non refundable. Thanks for your time.
    I didn’t do this for a Honda, but 6 years ago I put $500 down for an exact vehicle (color, trim, etc) I wanted. They knew it was in transit and held it for us for $500. Was supposedly refundable. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

sk032013 said:

Hello All - Spoke to dealer and made a deal however they don't have color i am interested in, Sales guy wants me to pay a deposit and he can hold the vehicle once its in.

Anyone of you in past left deposit, what is the average amount of deposit for 2018 CRV EXL AWD i have to leave at dealer.?

What are the factors i need to keep in mind, while leaving deposit?

1. Color of Vehicle
    2. Car specs
    3. Timeframe on when they can get the vehicle (1 week or 2 weeks)
    4. Is deposit is non refundable.

Thanks for your time.

I didn’t do this for a Honda, but 6 years ago I put $500 down for an exact vehicle (color, trim, etc) I wanted. They knew it was in transit and held it for us for $500. Was supposedly refundable. 

We did the same 3 years ago with the wife's Outback. They had the exact model and color she wanted coming in from the factory in Indiana, we gave them $500 to reserve it and completed the deal when it arrived at the dealer two weeks later.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
    @grognard good price they are giving you just would work on the dock fee of 600 try to get that down to 300 good luck!
  • relish_23relish_23 Member Posts: 1
    We will be picking up our car tomorrow 2018 Honda CRV AWD Touring
    Bought with 11K down and financed the rest 3.5% @ 72 months since there is no current offers at the moment for the CRV. How did we do?

MSRP $35,025
    Discount Price 9% - $31,872.75
    Tax CT 6.2 % - $1,992.04
    Doc Fees, Registration etc. - 1,135.21
    Out the door $35,204

Don't have the exact paperwork breakdown until tomorrow but this is pretty much what we got for a deal.
    They came back at 2K off at first and gave a final price of $35,540 and was able to talk them down to $35,204 out the door.

edited January 2018
    Hello All, I got quote for 2018 CRV EXL AWD, Final OTD price: 32600, It has odometer reading 430 miles, What do you think of mileage is it high.?
  • grognardgrognard Member Posts: 8
    At first I was pricing an EXL FWD for 28,900 OTD. Now I am looking at an EXL AWD for a 30k OTD offer. is that a decent price? Should I go lower? I might get it in the next day or two.
  • nathan1234nathan1234 Member Posts: 31
    grognard said:
    At first I was pricing an EXL FWD for 28,900 OTD. Now I am looking at an EXL AWD for a 30k OTD offer. is that a decent price? Should I go lower? I might get it in the next day or two.
    30k out the door is a great price. I don’t know your sales tax % but ours is 7.25 and OTD was $30,900
  • paramount13paramount13 Member Posts: 18
    Has anyone bought or shopped for the dealer-installed backup warning sensors as part of your deal? The list price for the part alone is around $500 (though available cheaper online). What is a fair price for this item installed?
  • jvega08jvega08 Member Posts: 10
    I want to thank all for your contributions to this thread. Your valuable experiences and prices paid has helped me get an excellent deal. See below for details.

2018 CRV Touring FWD, MSRP $34520

Dealer installed items: Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Pin Stripes, Paint and Seat Protection.

Purchase price $30600 (11.36%). Price is before trade in, down payment, tax, etc.

Trade in $2000, Cash down $2289

FL state and county taxes $1833, transfer fee $85, dealer processing fee $670, other fees $101.

OTD price $29000. Dealer could not significantly beat my pre-approved APR rate. I have excellent credit. I guess my credit union is damn good.
  • crvdavecrvdave Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2018 Honda CRV LX AWD here in Ohio. I emailed 8 dealers within 75 miles asking for their out the door price 3 days before the end of the month. I told them I had my financing check in hand and was buying the 31st. Six emailed me back and one I think gave me an exceptional price which was $1200 lower than the next lowest.

MSRP: $26525

OTD Vehicle Price: $23525

Doc fee: $250

Tax: $1736.67

Title/Tag: $33.50

Total OTD: $25724.17 with some all weather molded floor mats included.

I put $15000 down and financed the rest with my bank at 3.64%. The car had been on the lot for 74 days and had. 3 miles on the odometer.

So I finally pulled the trigger on a 2018 CRV EXL in molten lava red. Ended up at $29,900 OTD using USAA financing. At first they wanted to make me pay 30,500 to use my own financing instead of Honda's but I was able to wait them out. I went in 2 hours before closing on the last day of January. I did pay an extra $400 because I wanted hands free tailgate added (not part of the 29,900).
    edited February 2018
    grognard said:
    So I finally pulled the trigger on a 2018 CRV EXL in molten lava red. Ended up at $29,900 OTD using USAA financing. At first they wanted to make me pay 30,500 to use my own financing instead of Honda's but I was able to wait them out. I went in 2 hours before closing on the last day of January. I did pay an extra $400 because I wanted hands free tailgate added (not part of the 29,900).
    That’s a great OTD price, congratulations! What was your sales tax % ?
  • henry88henry88 Member Posts: 3

Got a 2018 Honda CR-V EX 2WD with white diamond exterior and black interior before Christmas in 2017. The OTD price is ~$27300. I'm in SoCal area.

I am in SoCal too. May i know where you got the deal from? Thanks.
    edited February 2018
    Forgot to say also it was AWD. Tax here in VA is 4.2% I think.
    @relish_23 congrads on the new car!
    @jvega08 congrads on the new car!
    @grognard congrads on the new car good luck with it and love the color you got!
    @crvdave nice nice congrads on the new car!
  • jmathew1jmathew1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi grognard... Congrats on your new car... Iam looking for the exact car that you bought.
    Can I have the details of your dealer so that I could also get this deal.... BTW where is your dealer located.??
    grognard said:

• mertalicmertalic Member Posts: 1
    jvega08 said:

I want to thank all for your contributions to this thread. Your valuable experiences and prices paid has helped me get an excellent deal. See below for details.

Dealer installed items: Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Pin Stripes, Paint and Seat Protection.

Purchase price $30600 (11.36%). Price is before trade in, down payment, tax, etc.

FL state and county taxes $1833, transfer fee $85, dealer processing fee $670, other fees $101.

OTD price $29000. Dealer could not significantly beat my pre-approved APR rate. I have excellent credit. I guess my credit union is damn good.

_________
    Id say its close to a great deal. You are at 11.36% off MSRP?? Are you saying the MSRP factory price is 34520? ie the sticker.. not including the dealer add ons.. ??

Absolutely deduct the dealer processing fee!!! (if they structured the numbers where they take it off in the front side of the deal then ok.) NO BODY should ever pay for NOR accept dealer processing fees.

Your trade in is?? How can any one determine if you did well on that side of the deal? However I myself have taken a decent trade-in number so I wouldn't have to deal with time and hassle of selling it myself. There's value in that. Traded in and resale value at the end of life of autos are so nearly close that the effort many times might not be worth it.

Not blasting holes in your deal but there might be room for improvement if even slightly.

Best regards
  • ganggang Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2018
    Bought an LX 2WD with $22,424 ( $21,150 + $975 destination charge + $299 dealer processing fee) before TTL fees. 1.49% finance through my bank. Hope I didn't do a terrible job.
  • jvega08jvega08 Member Posts: 10
    mertalic said:

jvega08 said:

_________
    Id say its close to a great deal. You are at 11.36% off MSRP?? Are you saying the MSRP factory price is 34520? ie the sticker.. not including the dealer add ons.. ??

Absolutely deduct the dealer processing fee!!! (if they structured the numbers where they take it off in the front side of the deal then ok.) NO BODY should ever pay for NOR accept dealer processing fees.

Your trade in is?? How can any one determine if you did well on that side of the deal? However I myself have taken a decent trade-in number so I wouldn't have to deal with time and hassle of selling it myself. There's value in that. Traded in and resale value at the end of life of autos are so nearly close that the effort many times might not be worth it.

Not blasting holes in your deal but there might be room for improvement if even slightly.

Best regards
    The 2018 CRV FWD MSRP is $33625. Dealer add on (Dealer installed items) is $895. TOTAL price of CRV is $34520. Trade in was a 2007 Chevy Cobalt. KBB dealer trade in value is $1360-$1889. Carmax appraisal was $2000. Dealer offered $1730 for trade in and I refused citing the Carmax offer. Dealer matched it when I show proof of offer (valid for 7 days). Florida is known to have the highest "processing fee" in USA. I didn't have a problem with it since I was getting a great deal. I hope this information was helpful.
  • cmats222cmats222 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    in NoVA -- got an offer for 2018 CRV EX AWD 28000 OTD -- includes one year oil change, lifetime VA inspection, wheel lock, mud guards, all weather mats -- is this a good deal? wondering if it may go down towards end of the month or even presidents day weekend.
  • genius85genius85 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Folks,

I'm looking to buy 2018 CRV-EXL trim, black ext color. What should be the best discounted MSRP and OTD price in NJ? I don't see any Honda incentive on this vehicle. Is Feb good month to purchase this car?
    genius85 said:
    Hi Folks, I'm looking to buy 2018 CRV-EXL trim, black ext color. What should be the best discounted MSRP and OTD price in NJ? I don't see any Honda incentive on this vehicle. Is Feb good month to purchase this car?
    Around 10% off MSRP is good as long as they don’t charge high fees other places. We got an EXL in December. We got 1.99% through Honda Financial. We were waiting for the special financing for awhile but it was never advertised on their site with the other vehicles. But came across someone saying they had it going on this forum and sure enough almost every dealer told me they had it until December 19th. It was strange because it was never shown on Honda’s site

Price of Vehicle: $28,618.53
    Doc Fee: $250
    7.25% Tax: $2,092.97
    Title Fee: $15
    Registration Fee: $18.50
    ======================
    Out The Door: $30,995

genius85 said:

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to buy 2018 CRV-EXL trim, black ext color. What should be the best discounted MSRP and OTD price in NJ? I don't see any Honda incentive on this vehicle. Is Feb good month to purchase this car?

Around 10% off MSRP is good as long as they don’t charge high fees other places. We got an EXL in December. We got 1.99% through Honda Financial. We were waiting for the special financing for awhile but it was never advertised on their site with the other vehicles. But came across someone saying they had it going on this forum and sure enough almost every dealer told me they had it until December 19th. It was strange because it was never shown on Honda’s site

======================

Hi Nanthan,

Thank you for quick response. I've started getting quotes from several dealers and no one has given $250 doc fee. These dealer are trying to get money from every inch of the transaction. Minimum I got is $398. Now I'll start doc fee negotiation from $200.

As per my knowledge NJ tax rate is 6.625%, how you got 7.25%? Secondly I check title and registration NJ MVC website. I found $60 is the title and plate registration for 4 years is required for new vehicle which cost $211. Again How you get $15 and $18.50 for title and registration?

Last question. Have you heard about Honda is offering 0% APR for 24 months? I found over this post (http://www.realcartips.com/honda-incentives/). I didn't find anywhere.
    genius85 said:
    genius85 said:
    Hi Folks, I'm looking to buy 2018 CRV-EXL trim, black ext color. What should be the best discounted MSRP and OTD price in NJ? I don't see any Honda incentive on this vehicle. Is Feb good month to purchase this car?

======================
    Hi Nanthan, Thank you for quick response. I've started getting quotes from several dealers and no one has given $250 doc fee. These dealer are trying to get money from every inch of the transaction. Minimum I got is $398. Now I'll start doc fee negotiation from $200. As per my knowledge NJ tax rate is 6.625%, how you got 7.25%? Secondly I check title and registration NJ MVC website. I found $60 is the title and plate registration for 4 years is required for new vehicle which cost $211. Again How you get $15 and $18.50 for title and registration? Last question. Have you heard about Honda is offering 0% APR for 24 months? I found over this post (http://www.realcartips.com/honda-incentives/). I didn't find anywhere.
    genius85 said:
    genius85 said:

======================
    Hi Nanthan, Thank you for quick response. I've started getting quotes from several dealers and no one has given $250 doc fee. These dealer are trying to get money from every inch of the transaction. Minimum I got is $398. Now I'll start doc fee negotiation from $200. As per my knowledge NJ tax rate is 6.625%, how you got 7.25%? Secondly I check title and registration NJ MVC website. I found $60 is the title and plate registration for 4 years is required for new vehicle which cost $211. Again How you get $15 and $18.50 for title and registration? Last question. Have you heard about Honda is offering 0% APR for 24 months? I found over this post (http://www.realcartips.com/honda-incentives/). I didn't find anywhere.
    7.25% is my areas tax. I emailed over 50 dealers asking for their best OTD price. Then took the best quote around to the other dealers. I don’t think the APR you mentioned is for the CRV, you will have to ask the dealers about that. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I don't think Honda offers 0%/24 months on CR-Vs.. Even if they did, few people can handle a $1250/mo. payment. It's a good thing for cash buyers, I guess.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A Wall Street Journal reporter is hoping to find a recent buyer that would be willing to talk about their experience at the dealership, specifically about how/if the salesperson explained car safety systems during the purchase process. She's hoping to ask a few questions about how the dealer explained the ADAS package, tried to sell it to them, demonstrated how it worked, etc. Please send a note to pr@edmunds.com by next Friday 2/23/18
  • marvik18marvik18 Member Posts: 2
    This forum has been helpful to get idea of the price. Let me share my experience.

Got new CRV EXL AWD in Central NJ.
    28179 +
    378 - dealer package (wheel locks,theft protection)- was not given option to exclude:(
    ---------------------
    28557 (vehicle price)
    1921 NJ tax (~6.7%)
    449 - doc fee
    408- title/registration/tyre
    31336 Total OTD

Dealer financing was expansive 5.5% even I have excellent credit. I will transfer it to my bank soon.
    Hope it helps.
    marvik18 said:

This forum has been helpful to get idea of the price. Let me share my experience.

28179 +
    378 - dealer package (wheel locks,theft protection)- was not given option to exclude:(
    ---------------------
    28557 (vehicle price)
    1921 NJ tax (~6.7%)
    449 - doc fee
    31336 Total OTD

Dealer financing was expansive 5.5% even I have excellent credit. I will transfer it to my bank soon.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks for the report. Congrats on the new CR-V!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shancoleshancole Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to post my numbers as I found this forum helpful during my shopping experience:

Greater Atlanta Area
    2018 Honda CRV EX-L in gunmetal metallic, no add ons

Base 27,450.77
    Appearance 139.00
    Nitrogen 98.00
    Elect Title 88.00
    Doc Fee 499.00
    TAVT (Tax) 1,979.23
    Title/Tag/Lm 46.00
    OTD 30,300.00
    shancole said:

Wanted to post my numbers as I found this forum helpful during my shopping experience:

Greater Atlanta Area
    2018 Honda CRV EX-L in gunmetal metallic, no add ons

Base 27,450.77
    Appearance 139.00
    Nitrogen 98.00
    Elect Title 88.00
    Doc Fee 499.00
    TAVT (Tax) 1,979.23
    Title/Tag/Lm 46.00
    OTD 30,300.00

congrats on the new CR-V!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

marvik18 said:

28179 +
    ---------------------
    28557 (vehicle price)
    1921 NJ tax (~6.7%)
    449 - doc fee
    31336 Total OTD

Hope it helps.

Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying your new ride. Can you please share dealer name? Also, have you visited to multiple dealers before your final deal? What was the vehicle price dealer initially given to you before your final negotiation?

• jake_mdjake_md Member Posts: 1
    I got many help from this forum regarding reasonable market price while purchasing 3 car recently. So I also want to share my experience in this week.
    CRV EX-L AWD w/ navigation
    MSRP : $32,825
    OTD price : $31,500

I live in Maryland and sales tax is 6%. But, I don’t know exact details for each items – discounted price / doc / sales tax / dealer processing fee etc.
    Thank you.
  • jasiv63jasiv63 Member Posts: 8
    First of all thank you guys for the prices posted, so that I have a basic idea when I am at the dealers.

I bought my car today, but not picking it up until few days later, so I do not have the contract in hand.
    However I have few numbers in mind to share, but I'll post a more detailed numbers few days later when I get the contract with all the numbers on it.

Bought a 2018 Honda CRV, EX, 2WD (I waived off everything that the dealer wants to add upon it, so the price is purely just the car in Manufacturer setting, nothing added by dealer)
    I worked my numbers back,
    my OTD price is $27,338.86
    and I remember seeing on the contract the price before tax is roughly around $25,500
    Bought the car in Culver City LA, but my address is from Simi Valley which I believe has the tax rate of 7.25%

I'll be getting the car on Saturday 2/24, I'll share a more precise numbers by then. And I'll share my whole buying experience as well.
  • marvik18marvik18 Member Posts: 2
    genius85 said:

marvik18 said:

28179 +
    ---------------------
    28557 (vehicle price)
    1921 NJ tax (~6.7%)
    449 - doc fee
    31336 Total OTD

Hope it helps.

Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying your new ride. Can you please share dealer name? Also, have you visited to multiple dealers before your final deal? What was the vehicle price dealer initially given to you before your final negotiation?

I got quotes from multiple dealers. Visited dealer in Princeton based on quote, Was in hurry so didn't negotiate anything further.
    After getting quotes from around 10 dealerships. The best OTD quote I have received is $31,200 in NJ for EX-L trim. I think this is good quote. I'm trying to negotiate more. Guys, what is your opinion. Should I go with this price or wait for the month end which is next week to give a last shoot.
    genius85 said:

After getting quotes from around 10 dealerships. The best OTD quote I have received is $31,200 in NJ for EX-L trim. I think this is good quote. I'm trying to negotiate more. Guys, what is your opinion. Should I go with this price or wait for the month end which is next week to give a last shoot.

Did you get the quotes in person or by email?
    If you go into the dealers, I think you'll be able to get a lower price than the email.

Is it a 2WD or 4WD?
    Did you check the kelley blue book fair price?
    Your OTD price is $31,200, with NJ tax being 6.625%, your price for the car is roughly $29,133.
    And for EX-L 2WD on KBB, the fair price range is $28,252~$29,469.

I am guessing if you go into the dealer, and if they offer you a good price and if you are willing to close the deal that day, I think you should be able to cut down probably $500 or even more? But when you negotiate, start big or else you will have less room to work with.

I bought mine yesterday, EX 2WD.
    The lowest quote I got from emails (I only got 2~3 quotes) is like $28,400.
    After checking the prices in this forum and internet, I gave myself a baseline price at $28,000 OTD.
    I just went to the dealer who has all the colors I wanted to see in stock,
    to see all the exterior color/interior color matches. (Wanted molten lava, but only comes with ivory cloth, and seeing it in person I am more certain that it will get dirty in just no time, so went with white ext. and black int.)

The first number my sales person brought me was like $31,000....I was stunned...
    I was like wtf...but because he added the titanium protection thing which was like $1,200 and another $800 for mud guards/cargo tray/wheel locks those stuff. I told him I do not want any of those stuff, because those stuff will mark up your price. You can get cargo tray and those stuff on amazon for much cheaper price. And as for wheel locks...when I saw how easily they can be removed on Youtube videos, I no longer think they are necessary.
    I asked him to remove all the stuff, he said he can remove the Titanium protection, but the accessories package he says it's already on there so if you want to remove it you need to pay like $300 smth...([non-permissible content removed]?) So I told him I am looking for $27,000 OTD. So we went back and forth with the price.

Him: $29,500 without all those add-ons
    Me: $27,500....
    And we went back and forth a few more times
    The last time his sales manager came out with him and offered $28,500, and he was saying like the demand for CRV is high now and the stock is going quickly, and they have to earn some money to keep the business running etc those typical stuff. I told him yea I totally get it, if you can't offer the price I want at $27,500 I'll just look somewhere else, I won't force you to take the deal too, and I told him if CRV is out of stock I'll go with my 2nd choice RAV4 (which I literally will), so it's alright we can call it a night. Then he said okie the best he can offer is $28,200. Since they are willing to drop the price, I decided to add couple bucks more to $27,900 and that will be my last offer. The sales manager took the offer, and checked with the GM so I ended up with $27,900. But it's funny when I sat down with the financial manager to run over the lease and stuff, my total became $27,338 cuz he said my zip code has a lower tax rate. I wonder if my salesperson and the manager knew about it...they calculated the numbers wrong maybe?

Anyway, sorry for the long story, I am not sure if I got a good price or not, but at least that's the price I can live with after researching online. And I saw someone said earlier in this forum, "you will never get the lowest price, if you can get a price you are happy with then it's a good price", totally agree! So if you had done the homeworks already and you think you're happy with the price, then it's all good! Good luck!
    jasiv63 said:

genius85 said:

Did you get the quotes in person or by email?
    If you go into the dealers, I think you'll be able to get a lower price than the email.

Is it a 2WD or 4WD?
    Did you check the kelley blue book fair price?
    Your OTD price is $31,200, with NJ tax being 6.625%, your price for the car is roughly $29,133.
    And for EX-L 2WD on KBB, the fair price range is $28,252~$29,469.

I am guessing if you go into the dealer, and if they offer you a good price and if you are willing to close the deal that day, I think you should be able to cut down probably $500 or even more? But when you negotiate, start big or else you will have less room to work with.

I bought mine yesterday, EX 2WD.
    The lowest quote I got from emails (I only got 2~3 quotes) is like $28,400.
    After checking the prices in this forum and internet, I gave myself a baseline price at $28,000 OTD.
    I just went to the dealer who has all the colors I wanted to see in stock,
    to see all the exterior color/interior color matches. (Wanted molten lava, but only comes with ivory cloth, and seeing it in person I am more certain that it will get dirty in just no time, so went with white ext. and black int.)

The first number my sales person brought me was like $31,000....I was stunned...
    I was like wtf...but because he added the titanium protection thing which was like $1,200 and another $800 for mud guards/cargo tray/wheel locks those stuff. I told him I do not want any of those stuff, because those stuff will mark up your price. You can get cargo tray and those stuff on amazon for much cheaper price. And as for wheel locks...when I saw how easily they can be removed on Youtube videos, I no longer think they are necessary.
    I asked him to remove all the stuff, he said he can remove the Titanium protection, but the accessories package he says it's already on there so if you want to remove it you need to pay like $300 smth...([non-permissible content removed]?) So I told him I am looking for $27,000 OTD. So we went back and forth with the price.

Him: $29,500 without all those add-ons
    Me: $27,500....
    And we went back and forth a few more times
    The last time his sales manager came out with him and offered $28,500, and he was saying like the demand for CRV is high now and the stock is going quickly, and they have to earn some money to keep the business running etc those typical stuff. I told him yea I totally get it, if you can't offer the price I want at $27,500 I'll just look somewhere else, I won't force you to take the deal too, and I told him if CRV is out of stock I'll go with my 2nd choice RAV4 (which I literally will), so it's alright we can call it a night. Then he said okie the best he can offer is $28,200. Since they are willing to drop the price, I decided to add couple bucks more to $27,900 and that will be my last offer. The sales manager took the offer, and checked with the GM so I ended up with $27,900. But it's funny when I sat down with the financial manager to run over the lease and stuff, my total became $27,338 cuz he said my zip code has a lower tax rate. I wonder if my salesperson and the manager knew about it...they calculated the numbers wrong maybe?

Anyway, sorry for the long story, I am not sure if I got a good price or not, but at least that's the price I can live with after researching online. And I saw someone said earlier in this forum, "you will never get the lowest price, if you can get a price you are happy with then it's a good price", totally agree! So if you had done the homeworks already and you think you're happy with the price, then it's all good! Good luck!
    Congratulations on your new ride. I hope you're enjoying it :) Don't be sorry, I have to appreciate you by sharing your overall experience. This gives me further idea how to negotiate and I think this will be beneficial for all existing and new members of the group who will review your story.

The $31,200 quotes I received is for CRV-EXL AWD trim. The eprice would be around $28,150 which is I think very good after I check in the trueCar/KBB and other user review in this group. The dealer has included $380 charges for options which includes wheel locks and UV Anti theft protection. I have asked him I don't need it but they're not removing these charges from OTD price.

Does anyone has any idea what is this theft protection? is this really worth it? Secondly, dealer doesn't have color which I want Black/Ivory. He will get it from other dealer in 2-5 days. In this case, how much amount should I pay to the dealer up-front? Would all documentation be completed at the time when they get the car from other dealer or I have to finalize all documentation up-front then they will get the car from other showroom?
    @marvik18 congrads on the new car!
    @shancole congrads on the new car!
    genius85 said:

jasiv63 said:

genius85 said:

Does anyone has any idea what is this theft protection? is this really worth it? Secondly, dealer doesn't have color which I want Black/Ivory. He will get it from other dealer in 2-5 days. In this case, how much amount should I pay to the dealer up-front? Would all documentation be completed at the time when they get the car from other dealer or I have to finalize all documentation up-front then they will get the car from other showroom?
    My best guess is that you can close the deal and sign all the paper works first. The amount of the up-front, you can probably offer a number to your preference, or maybe none because after all you've signed the contract and you're obligated to honor it. In my case (though the dealer has the car), I signed my contract on 2/21, but it was after the bank hours so I could not get the cashier's check, and my next available date to come into the dealer is 2/24. When I was talking with my salesperson, he said yeah probably throw in some deposit and then pay the rest when I pick up the car. But the actual decision is entirely on the financial manager, because when I was in his office signing the contract and I told him i would bring the check and pick up the car on 2/24. He didn't ask me to pay anything up front (since I am not driving away the car), so just a check with full amount on the day of my pick up. Hope this helps a bit.

Btw, did you check out the ivory interior in person? If you did then it's all good, if you didn't I would suggest that you do that. Because I saw both the gray and ivory interior at the dealers, I felt that it will get stains and dirt in no time...but yea it's all about personal preference. Just make sure you see it with your eyes, don't picture it.
    and congrads to all others who have just baught new CRVS!
    Hey all~
    So I am about to drive off with my new car tomorrow at the dealer tmr,
    anything I should be aware of or pay close attention to?
    Inspect closely exterior and interior of the car for any marks or dent?

I researched and found out that disclosure is not required when the cost to repair does not exceed 6% of the manufacturer's suggested retail price of the vehicle....

And when I was there test driving another CRV, the air con doesn't even work(but could be just the coolant)! the air from the vent is not cold...so I'll make sure I check the ones on mine tmr.
    @jasiv63 what exterior and interior colors are you going with? and what trim? the one you did test drive sounds like it has an defect! good luck report back when you can to let us all no!
    edited February 2018

@jasiv63 what exterior and interior colors are you going with? and what trim? the one you did test drive sounds like it has an defect! good luck report back when you can to let us all no!

I went with white exterior and black interior. I looked at gray/ivory interior in person, and seems to me that they will get dirty easily, cuz I remember seeing a small stain already for one of the silver interior car that's in stock.

The one I tested drive was fine, just the air con had problem I guess. The sales person say he will get ppl to check up on it. But it wasn't the one I am buying, mine works fine.

I picked up my car yesterday, my salesperson just popped the hood and tested the battery in front of me, and then we sat inside and he taught me how to set up my phone connection. That's all, I thought we would run over the exterior of the car but nope. Anyway, I did a brief check myself of the exterior.