Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Modifying my car

familycarsfamilycars texasPosts: 2
edited January 2018 in Honda
I just bought a Honda Accord Sport 2014, for about 15K. It runs 190 hp and weighs around 3.3k lbs. I would love to throw in some more power and noise. After driving my unc's 350z, weaker cars are starting to repulse me. Any idea for upgrades that I should move towards? I've seen phrases like "cold air intake" and "cams" thrown around but I really have no idea. Is it a bad idea to try and mod a stock family car? Will it also just kill the value?
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015

I just bought a Honda Accord Sport 2014, for about 15K. It runs 190 hp and weighs around 3.3k lbs. I would love to throw in some more power and noise. After driving my unc's 350z, weaker cars are starting to repulse me. Any idea for upgrades that I should move towards? I've seen phrases like "cold air intake" and "cams" thrown around but I really have no idea. Is it a bad idea to try and mod a stock family car? Will it also just kill the value?

It's a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder. There is virtually nothing you can do to make this car faster, short of spending $4000-$5000.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• familycarsfamilycars texasPosts: 2
    kyfdx said:

It's a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder. There is virtually nothing you can do to make this car faster, short of spending $4000-$5000.
    thanks man, i'm gonna go cry in my room now
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    You could squeeze a few more HP and spends hundreds doing that, and even then I doubt you'd notice it on your butt-meter. If you want any serious power out of it, you'd have to slap on a turbo, do an engine swap, or build a race engine.

Noise is cheaper, and in a way, is somewhat satisfying.

Your engine is like a Big Tube. If you open one end (cold air intake, etc) or the back end (cat back exhaust, etc) you still haven't dealt with the middle--the guts of the engine itself.