Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Fit Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• Options
    dewaltdakotadewaltdakota Member Posts: 364
    I just measured mine... they rounded the numbers a little, as it's 30.5" long x 13.5" wide x 11.25" tall (external dimensions).
  • Options
    hondafulhondaful Member Posts: 32
    This file is encrypted. Does anyone have the password, or has the encryption been added after the URL was posted on this group?
  • Options
    steveskyrmsteveskyrm Member Posts: 7
    We had asked the dealer to remove our spoiler, as we have a bike rack we wanted to mount on the hatch. They had put the bolts back in the 2 main mounting holes, but 3 other notches/holes were left along the roofline in betweeen the mounting holes. They wanted to patch them with black tape. It looked really cheesy, so we just had them bolt the spoiler back on.
  • Options
    steveskyrmsteveskyrm Member Posts: 7
    We picked up the rubber floor mats from College Hills Honda on Satruday. They fit well, and we didn't bother installing the hooks. They haven't slid around yet.

Also, they have a very cool looking armrest/console that is coming in soon. Check out the installation video on their site.

Steve
  • Options
    bargainseekerbargainseeker Member Posts: 18
    The Fit armrest/console shown on the College Hills Honda website is the one made by Honda for the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM). Pros for it are OEM quality, room for CDs and an extendable armrest. Cons are high price (US$300+) and cupholders that are smaller than the U.S. norm.

If you don't want to wait for College Hills Honda to have it available, you may want to try A&J Racing. Email them for price and stock number. I have read of several people who have already bought one from them. There is an installation thread for the JDM console on Fit Freak.
  • Options
    Interesting that the cupholders are smaller on the OEM armrest /console. Can anyone say if the cupholders on the other available armrests are "standard US size?" IIRC, most of them are made outside the US, so they may have the same problem.
  • Options
    The Honda JDM armrest/console is a full length unit that also replaces the front cupholders. Since these cupholders are the ones most often used, their smaller size is more of an issue. On other armrests, the only cupholder replaced is the one for the middle rear passenger. Since this cupholder is rarely used, its relatively small size is not that important.
  • Options
    mattschechtermattschechter Member Posts: 58
    the front cupholders in front of the shifter? how does this work?
  • Options
    They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a picture.
  • Options
    mattschechtermattschechter Member Posts: 58
    i see how it is... thanks!
  • Options
    mebmanmebman Member Posts: 100
    I was think about importing a Japanese, British or Aussie right side sunvisor. Being that they have the right drive vehicles their Fit/ Jazz should have a vanity mirror on the right side. Great Idea but I cant get any of the foreign dealers to answer my emails. My local dealer in Texas says he cant order it from Japan. Anybody have any leads or ideas on getting one of these from a country with right drive Fit/Jazz?
  • Options
    hungarian83hungarian83 Member Posts: 678
    Hi mebman,

Talk to College Hills Honda. I was thinking about ordering some Japanese or European market wheels for my car and my local dealer said they only ordered items with US part numbers. Same went for some other dealers I tried to contact. I then e-mailed College Hills and they told me they could get it. They ended up giving me price and country of origin. I ended up not getting those wheels due to the very high cost of shipping, but they could have gotten them for me.

One think I am not sure about is the color of the visor, and whether the other market visors would be the same plastic color...if not they won't match, so you might want to ask them that. It is worth a shot though. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Pole Position Products is offering the JDM version of the Fit right side visor. The visor is equipped with a mirror.
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    Just order the 14 inch wheels that came as an option on the Civic Hybrid. Not exactly the same as the European ones, but they are Honda rims and don't cost a fortune.

BTW - the weight of the steel and alloy wheels is identical.
  • Options
    bprendersonbprenderson Member Posts: 99
    Thank you, Bargainseeker!

Excellent job of sleuthing.

Bubba :):)
  • Options
    Gang,

The guy at Poleposition products said:

"Bubba,

Sorry we are not able to get the visors in black.

Thanks and hope to help you next time.

Howard"

Bubba :mad: :mad:

PS I have the Milano Red w/ black interior........
  • Options
    fit_nessfit_ness Member Posts: 58
    I have a Storm Silver with a black interior and the visors are gray.
  • Options
    I emailed him again and asked him if they are gray or beige. No response yet!

Bubba
  • Options
    fitcanuckfitcanuck Member Posts: 4
    I recently discovered someone dinging my driver's side body with their door :mad: . I emailed College Hills Honda to see if they have any body side moldings for the FIT. Unfortunately, they do not. Does anyone have any suggestions how to protect the side body of the FIT or where I can find some side moldings? I don't want to repair my FIT everytime an inconsiderate #&@$ bashes my car.
  • Options
    Gang!

He's Howard's response to my Fit Sun Visor color and price question. His email address:

info@polepositionproducts.com

Hi Bubba,

They only have one color listed, and it is grey. Completely sold out
    right now. ETA is about 6 weeks. The price is $70 USD shipped.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'm taking deposit on these right now.

Best Regards,
    Howard

Bubba :):)
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Honda Fit keyless entry, extra keys
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Honda Fit - Misc. Exterior Problems
  • Options
    mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    I used to have a clip-on light on the sunvisor of a Wrangler, but it kept falling off every time I moved the visor (and living in SoCal, I find I'm always using the visor in some different position).

There's an autodimming mirror that has map lights (along with an outdoor temperture indicator) that I've seen online at Pep Boys. Has anyone tried to install something like this on their Fit? It looks like the same one that came with my Unlimited and if so, the lights are really directional and allow a passenger to read a book without bothering the driver. I've thought about exploring this solution, but haven't done anything about it. Has anyone done something like this?
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    Just get the all-season mats instead. They have a grippy/textured underside, so they'll stay in place without all the cutting ans hooks.
  • Options
    crimsonacrimsona Member Posts: 153
    I have the all season mats, and although they don't slide much at the beginning, they do start shifting after a while. After a couple of trips, they could be 3-5 inches off the original position.

The holes in the carpet (driver's side) are 90% precut - I pulled out the remaining 10% with one snip of the scissors. It was literally hanging by a thread. The hooks work well, no more slight shifting.
  • Options
    knifeedge_2k1knifeedge_2k1 Member Posts: 15
    you're sorta right on that

the shorter the sidewall the more responsive the steering is to input cuz there is less "flex"

the contact patch doesnt actually increase in size, it just changes in shape

since you're changing all 4 tyres the cornering attitude of the car technically shouldn't change, if it pushed before (understeer) it's going to push now too, just the limits may be set higher due to grippier tyres and the point at which slip angle increases so much it's noticible

to properly get the car to stop understeering and develop neutral steer you need can change a number of variables, the front/rear brake bias, front rear weight distribution, front or rear suspension soft/hardness, staggered wheel sizing (front tires wider then rear), etc

the important thing i want to get at is when you upsize the tyre the contact patch doesnt actually increase in size given the same air pressure in the tyres which is what alot of people believe, the maximum amount of grip you have is determined by the tyre's compound tread pattern and to a lesser extent contact patch shape, suspension tuning, lightening of body parts (car body parts) just helps you reach and use that potential, alot of kids (i'm a kid myself) who for the lack of a better word "rice" up their cars think immediately that OMG if i replace my 175's with 205's and upsize from 14" to 17" i'm gonna get more grip which is completely wrong

anyways that's enuff blabbering for today, peace --V
  • Options
    knifeedge_2k1knifeedge_2k1 Member Posts: 15
    and OMG i didnt realize i was replying to a message that old sorry ...

and one last thing, does anyone know where one could get a cargo cover for the fit ?? other then a dealership which would take an arm and leg for a flimsy piece of plastic?
  • Options
    fitchgrrlfitchgrrl Member Posts: 21
    Check out ebay! ;-) I saw a few on there today.
  • Options
    countrymomcountrymom Member Posts: 14
    What is theft guard? They left a funny little thing on my key chain. While test driving the car the dealer told us it was a tracking device with a little chip. Did they forget to take it off or are they tracking me? It almost looks like a little silver screw driver? Anyone familiar?
    Thanks, mimi
  • Options
    jkliggettjkliggett Member Posts: 3
    It has been a long time since anyone has posted here. Has anyone had any success removing the spoiler or underbody kit? I would love to hear how it was done and what was used to fill the holes

Thanks,
    Kathleen
    Storm Silver AT Sport
  • Options
    gottabeahatchgottabeahatch Member Posts: 3
    I found a really nice used set of 15" alloys to replace the stock 14" steelies and wheel covers. They came from an 04/05 Civic. They fit my FiT perfectly. They improve the look of the car by quite a margin. In fact, I had a guy the other day ask if my Fit was the top of the line model. It turns out his wife has the same car as me, but he said my 15" rims made mine look better than hers.
  • Options
    Was it one of the wheel designs on this page?
  • Options
    gottabeahatchgottabeahatch Member Posts: 3
    No. The ones I got are nicknamed "fat fives". I'd post a pic but I'm new here and I'm not sure how it's done. :confuse: ">
  • Options
    "I'd post a pic but I'm new here and I'm not sure how it's done."

You can upload a picture into your Carspace page, post a link here, or use the "Img" button down below the text box.
  • Options
    Any chance they look like these?
  • Options
    kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    I just got back from the dealership to get my 2nd oil change and to rotate/balance the tires for my Fit Sport and for the dealer to replace my A/C switch. I noticed the plastic panels under the front wheel well was popped off again on both sides. Last time it happened or when I noticed was when I first washed the car. You can easily pop it back in which is probably why it pops out so easily but is this by design, especially by Honda? Another concern was the borderline between the front bumper and front fender right under the wheel well has overpaint sticking out. Again, both sides have it. I'm afraid to peel it as it might peel off the bumper paint.
  • Options
    frogdaddyfrogdaddy Member Posts: 33
    You need to view the posts over at fitfreak.net. My paint was peeling up at the seem between bumbers and body of car.
    I went to home depot and bought rubber washers to put between but some guys are using 3/16 teflon washers. If it gets worse I'll touch it up vs. repaint of bumpers.
  • Options
    fitman548fitman548 Member Posts: 172
    where can you buy touch-up paint that matches the color and sheen of the factory paint?

My sport bumbers got a good scratch this morning on the curb. :(
  • Options
    You can get it from the parts counter at your dealership. Bring with you the paint code color from your driver's side doorjamb.
  • Options
    frogdaddyfrogdaddy Member Posts: 33
    well the area affected is not visible from a distance. You can get the touch-up at any online honda dealer I believe.
    As close to factory and sheen. Again, it's at the seam of the bumber and body. I think you can fix it.
  • Options
    Froggy,

What is a bumber? Thanks.............

Regards,
    Bubba
  • Options
    Thanks. I checked the site and my bumper paint is not peeled yet but its the same spot on the front bumper.

I have to say that the paint quality is not the problem but most likely the friction between the bumper and fender through normal driving/bumps. If the wheel well protective panels are always coming off, imagine the shock it does to the paint. I don't think repainting will resolve the problem.
  • Options
    bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    It's a bumper ;)
  • Options
    fishgirl1fishgirl1 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know of a roof rack that will fit the FIT? I would really like to not have to haul my bike/skis around inside the car. Thanks!
  • Options
    bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Anyone know if you can remove the side skirts and spoiler from the sport version. I want the sport for the cruise control, but the cosmetic exterior treatments look ugly to me and make the car to close to the ground. I wish these were options, or the cruise was.
  • Options
    Anyone have the dealer fix the bumper paint peel issue? American Honda just called me back and they okay'd to get mine fixed. They did acknowledge that it was a defect for my car. But after the dealership experience today, I'm a little wary about leaving my car with the dealer.
  • Options
    There is an entire thread on this. :) Look at "Honda Fit - Spoiler, underbody kit removal."

Lots of interesting discussion, but apparently no one has actually done it yet. :(

A question I have is whether the body parts to which the skirts and spoiler are attached are painted prior to their installation, which would ease my concerns, or after the "aero" parts were installed, which would raise serious issues. :confuse:
  • Options
    boatfloydboatfloyd Member Posts: 29
    I think in the discussion someone said the bolt holes would show in the body of Fit, when you removed the skirts.
    boatfloyd :(
  • Options
    pepete_fustepepete_fuste Member Posts: 1
    So did you figure this out? I just got a Fit Sport and I also thought it included an alarm. The Honda website says it comes with a "security system with keyless entry." When I was signing the papers, they said they had to charge me an additional $400 for activating the alarm. Do you think they ripped me off? How can I find out?

thanks,

pepete_fuste@yahoo.com
  • Options
    bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    That was a blatant rip-off, so much so that if I were you, I would consider reporting them to the BBB. :mad: