Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello christiands. Mercedes provided dealers with a certain number of certificates that enabled them to provide $1,000 conquest cash on the 2011 GL450 to current owners of select competitive models, specifically Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, and Porsche vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Christian_JChristian_J Member Posts: 12
    Car Man:
    Any changes to the programs for GL 350's? I"m looking at 48mos / 12k or 36 mos/12k.
    Thanks
    Hello Christian_J. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00240 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcaldwellpcaldwell Member Posts: 9
    mF and residual % for a gl 450 36 mo. 15k/year in April?
    Thank you.
    Hi pcaldwell. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL 450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00193 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    Hi CAR_MAN,

Can you please post the GL-450 lease parameters (money factor, residual, etc) for May?

Thank you.
    Here you go jsc_usa. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsc_usajsc_usa Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car man,

Thanks a lot.

Do you have the numbers for June?
    You're welcome jsc_usa. Here's an update.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you can see, this truck's program is better than last month, so you're lucky that you waited.

Car_man
    Host
  • samsonrrsamsonrr Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

Could you please post Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 and 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year.

Thanks very much.
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    It seems to me like there are alot of GL in inventory. The est quote I got with the above lease terms was Invoice, I am thinking that I should be able to get one below invoice this month, any thoughts?
    Hello samsonrr. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00126 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jefhack1jefhack1 Member Posts: 16
    Hi Carman,

Potentially am working out numbers today with a MB dealer. Can you or someone else quickly share what the July 2011 money factor and residual looks like for these specs?

GL450
    12K miles/year
    36 months

Thanks!
    Hi jefhack1. Mercedes-Benz Finance's new July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtikwtik Member Posts: 26
    is this something that anyone would recommend?
    also, can we add more options to the special that MB is offering on their lease specials. i.e. the lease special is based on a specific MSRP of $67,105 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $64,563
    here are the terms:
    $649/mo for 27 month lease
    $649 First month payment
    $4,999 Capitalized cost reduction
    $795 Acquisition fee
    $6,443 Total cash due at signing
    I wanted to post the deal I am signing tomorrow. I use this sight to always start my negotiations so thx Car Man.
    27 month, 10k/year

MSRP $70,120
    selling price $63,400
    MF .00116
    Residual 68%
    $747/month

put tax and fees up front, no cap cost reduction.

I think I might have been able to do a little better by shopping around a little more but he gave me this price off the bat so I wanted to give him the business. I also am turning in an R350 with about $1300 in damage that he is taking, so I am factoring that in too.

All in all, happy with the deal.
    Thanks for your feedback. I like the 27 month lease.
    I have a couple of questions:
    1 - is the lease based on the MSRP or is it based on the selling price?
    2 - How did you handle the trade in?
    its not a trade in, I was coming off lease. So they waive the dispo fee and the damage I had on car.

leases are based on the difference between selling price and residual. You want a really high residual( 68% is what I got) and a low selling price. The residual is always based on MSRP, you actually pay for the difference between selling price and residual value. Thats why the actual MSRP doesnt really matter, and why you can get a 70k truck for the same price as a 40k one on a lease. hope that helps
  • ab_vegasab_vegas Member Posts: 9
    Hi traderb, can you please tell me which dealership this is at? I know (per the rules) you can't list salesperson here (don't know why) but dealership is OK. That sounds like an absolutely phenomenal deal!!!

Thanks, George
    This is very helpful. Thanks.
    I am based in Boston and will most likely make the move on the GL 450 before the end of the month to take advantage of the 27 month lease which I think is very good.
    ray catena in jersey
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Hi

Why you did not do the advertized special of 649.00 per month with 5 K down?
    I am in the process of negotiating. I would like to get more options than P1 for the same montly payment. I feel that they will can accomodate more options. There are many new GL 450 on their lot. I can imagine that they would want to move inventory and hence provide a better deal. Any ideas?
    What kind of option did you get on your GL450. Do you feel that there is one that you should've had?
    I am interested in:
    P1 Package
    Lighting Package
    Running Brds
    Parktronic
    Blind Spot Assist

Any suggestions?
    A MB dealer in NY is advertising $549 lease speacial for 27 months.
    is this good to be true, what is the catch, if any? all other dealers have the $649 lease for 27 months.
    Thanks!
  • albertobalbertob Member Posts: 17
    Carman,

Can you provided updated August residual and money factor for 2011 MB GL 450. Not sure if they are still offering 27 mo lease. If so please provide for those terms and/or 36mo. 12K miles.

Thanks
  • agamnyagamny Member Posts: 10
    Hi all / Car_Man

Leasing 73K MSRP GL450 this month with 12K miles and 27 months total.

Here's what I have been offered:
    Base payment is 700 (750 incl tax).
    First month payment ==> Cap reduction 5800 + 750 monthly + 300 license fee = 6850.

National Ad has a 649 monthly payment and 6443 first payment.

Please advise if this is a decent deal. I am looking to get this by end of Aug.

Thanks in advance!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, albertob. Mercedes-Benz Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I'm not sure if MB is still running 27-month leases on this model, but if it is the numbers for that term are likely .00126 and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
  • agamnyagamny Member Posts: 10
    Car_man,

How do we use those numbers to get reasonable monthly and down payment numbers?

Thanks.
    Hi agamny,
    Here is an offer we received.
    GL450 MSRP $73,240 Lease for 27 months with 10,000 miles per year for $810 including sales tax & maintenance,
    $2,200 due at signing.
    I would suggest to reduce the total amount at sign-in.
    Hope this helps.
  • beamer05beamer05 Member Posts: 2
    You can get a better deal. For the same vehicle I paid 805/month with $2k out of pocket - 27 month lease w/12k miles/year.

Good luck.
    Hey agamny. Negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you are interested in and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using the numbers that I provided.

Car_man
    Host
  • skytianbskytianb Member Posts: 4
    Is 805 the payment before tax.
  • calbear23calbear23 Member Posts: 7
    Got a deal last night. 2200 Drive off. 763 incl tax (72k msrp) 12k per year. Thanks guys 27months
  • drewtabdrewtab Member Posts: 22
    That is a fair deal and the deal I am trying to negotiate, where did you get that deal
    what's a recent deal someone got for a GL450 27 month lease, Msrp $71k, 12k mileage, benz leasing, limited out of pocket
    Can you give the monthly payment before tax?
    I believe it was $704...Southern California Los Angeles
  • kjm11379kjm11379 Member Posts: 16
    Here is a deal I was offered today. MB of Devon, PA. GL 450 Silver with black MB Tex. Options: P1, RSE, Blind-spot, Parktronic, Appearance Package, Lighting Package, trailer hitch, heated steering wheel. Sticker with destination is just shy of $75,000. I used USAA discount on top of my negotiated deal with the dealer. I am down to $63,000.00 as selling price. They also gave me $1,000 more for my trader then three other MB dealers were offering.

Payment with Tax is $775.00, 27 months, .00126, 65%, 15,000 miles, approx $2500.00 out of pocket includes first months and all fees.

I think I got a pretty good deal, anyone else have think so?
    What is the sale price you got for the 72K MSRP GL450? I tried to caculate the sale price from your monthly payment with 0.00126 money factor and 67% residual value. The sale price is about $56000, almost $16000 down from MSRP. Did I miss something?
    This is a good deal factoring in the 15K miles, loaded with all options and amount of out of pocket. Is your trade included in the final deal or a separate transaction?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    15K miles per year? Or, 15K miles total?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

That is pretty much exactly the same deal I got. $764, but mine is 12k miles per year for 27 months. That's a great deal u got.
    Ok here are the FINAL numbers on the GL450, I just got the paper work via PDF in email and take delivery tomorrow morning, I worked the deal a little more and they found another $500 bucks for me and to top it off they are bringing it to my house...
    Here is the car from MB of Devon, PA. GL 450 Silver with black MB Tex. Options: P1, RSE, Blind-spot, Parktronic, Appearance Package, Lighting Package, trailer hitch, heated steering wheel. Sticker with destination is just shy of $75,000. I used USAA discount on top of my negotiated deal with the dealer. I am down to $63,000.00 as selling price. I negoiated the trade outside of my lease deal. I got $23,000 on a 2007 Acura MDX, all other dealers from MB to Lexus to Land Rover were 22,000 or less, they are cutting me a check to bring with my new GL :)

Payment with Tax is now $765.00, 27 months, .00126, 65%, 15,000 miles per year, approx $2350.00 out of pocket includes first months payment and all fees. They also gave me a certificate for my first service free...!

There are deals to be had out there if you can use the USAA discount on top of the price you get the dealer down to. I am getting about $12,000 off the sticker...
  • alexandervalexanderv Member Posts: 24
    Hello KJM,

$12k off seems to be a really great selling price. Although, the bargain hunter in me wants to know if the $16k discount mentioned earlier in the discussion thread is realistic.

Based on the selling price in your latest post, your monthy payment should come in at $727.08, and not the $765 that they quoted you for 27 months. This is with my lease calculator. I would want to know their explanation for the difference.

Your $2350 out-of-pocket should include first payment, bank fee, and registration. Maybe even a penny or two for cap cost reduction. There should be no additional costs that would drive the payment to the level which they quoted.

Please let me know what they say...Alex
    Alex,

Thanks for the reply. Did you take into account the 7% tax in NJ on the lease with your 727 number? my 765 number is with tax. Let me know and I will take a close look at all the numbers.

Keith
  • btrentbtrent Member Posts: 12
    Looking at a 48 month lease on a GL 450. MB dealer in DC running a special. Does anybody know what the money factor and residual is for 15,000 miles per year.

Thx
    Hello Keith,

$727 is the monthly payment including 8.75% sales tax for Los Angeles County. Please do take a closer look at those numbers. If you are happy with the $765/mo. payment, then you are essentially done. However, the $12k discount you were promised corresponds to a payment lower than $727(at 7% NJ tax.)

Let me know how it goes...Alex
    Black on Black, $75,405 MSRP with P2 Package, $4000 total out of pocket which includes first month, tag and dealer fees, $799 per month including florida tax, 12k per year
    CAN I DO BETTER?
    Hello drewtab,

Based on post #256, I would say that you can do better....Alex
This discussion has been closed.