Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi mb_consumer,
    You may want to consider Multiple Security Deposits (MSD) as well as autopay to reduce the MF. I know that MB offers MSD as I utilized it when leasing a 2011 E350 Bluetech. Specifically, by giving MB Financial 10 security deposits, you reduce your MF by 0.0007. Autopay reduces MF by 0.0001. Therefore, utilizing both MSD and autopay, your MF would become 0.00051, saving you ~2% in interest charges. Its a great deal as the deposits are returned to you at the end of the lease term.

Cheers!
  • mb_consumermb_consumer Member Posts: 7
    Thanks dewarsandsoda. I did take advantage of the Autopay discount, which took off 0.0001 off the money factor, bringing it to 0.00121. So my final deal was MSRP of $69,965 (including destination fee), Invoice of $65,629, negotiated price of $63,084 (before factory rebate of $3,000 for Fleet Incentive Program), final price of $60,084 (after Fleet Incentive Program discount).

GL450 was equipped with P1, blind spot assist, running boards and class IV trailer hitch.

No cap cost reduction payment, $2,108.22 paid at drive off (consisting of first months lease payment, $45 doc fee, $795 lease acquisition fee, $566 CA state registration fee). 12k miles/year lease, 48 month lease term. Lease rate of 0.00121. Residual value of 49% of MSRP.

Monthly lease payment (inclusive of 7.75% tax rate in Orange County, CA) = $702.22.

I highly recommend working with the Internet Sales Manager at Anaheim Mercedes dealer. Great to work with, honest, dealt entirely on the phone and delivered the car to my house.
    Forgot to mention, the car also came equipped with the Park assist option
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi weakestlink. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 GL450 BlueTec with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00225 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey heabuyer. Yes, a BMW would make you eligible for the conquest cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings newbuyer7. I believe that Mercedes is currently providing $2,000 conquest cash on all 2012 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • ali9986ali9986 Member Posts: 15
    mb_consumer, I am also in Irvine. Which dealer you got this deal?
    Hi mb_consumer, I found my dealer answer from your later email. BTW, which internet manager you dealt with at Anaheim MB dealership? Could you please refer me to him? How did you get qualified for fleet incentive member? I heard that employee's company should be enrolled in the fleet program. If you don't mind, may I know which company you work for? I work for Broadcom and don't know if they are enrolled or dont know how do I check it. Any details should help me.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi ali9986,
    My two rupees. You may want to consider MB of Long Beach. I leased a 2011 E350 Bluetech for my wife from this dealership as they were completely transparent and quite fair. I'm contemplating either new M-class or GL-class in the near future, and I would definitely return to them. I reside in San Diego...that's how strong an impression they left. Ask for salesperson with initials G.O., and feel free to tell him that you were referred by the couple from San Diego who leased in October.

Cheers!
    Hello dewarsandsoda,

Thanks for recomendation! Actually my current GL450 spec, timing and location almost matched with mb_consumer and I wish I can have a deal like him. that's why I am trying to get info from him.

Hello mb_consumer,

if you are connected an read my last email to you, could you please provide the info I was looking for?
    Hello Car_man,

Could you please tell me the update on the followings for November?

1) what are the November lease MF/RES rates for 2012 GL450 w/ 10k/12k/15k miles?
    2) Is conquest cash program continuing through November?
    Hello Car_man,

Could you please tell confirm me the followings for November?

1) November lease MF/RES rates for 2012 GL450 are
    71% & 0.00131 w/ 10k/year
    50% & 0.00131 w/ 15k/year

2) Competitor conquest cash program for 2012 GL450 is $4000 for November'11?

3) MF can be reduced by 0.00007 for each Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) (1 mo payment) for upto 10 deposit

4) There is a minimum MFactor Mercedes can allow to go low. What is that?
  • glipperglipper Member Posts: 13
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal.

2012 GL
    MSRP= $72,650
    10 miles/year
    24 months
    $829 (inlcudes the tire protection)
    Can you provide the following for more accurate answer on the deal?

1) negotiated price or capitalized cost
    2) down payment amount if any.
    3) money factor and residual factor
    3) total out of pocket cost for delivery
    5) which state and county
  • glipperglipper Member Posts: 13
    1) Did it backwards and didn't negiotiate a price
    2) $0
    3) not sure
    4) Just the typical $2500 (first payment, etc)
    5) NJ, Bergen
    Using your information and using this month MF=0.00131/RV=71%

You negotiated price or capitalized cost is about $66400, 8.6% below MSRP. I think the deal is ok but not an excellent
    I work for Latham & Watkins LLP. If you want to check, you can call MB Fleet operations at 866-628-7232. Or perhaps check with your company's HR department. You can also ask any MB dealership and they will tell you if Broadcom is enrolled. However, I wouldn't ask the dealership that you plan to buy from, since they may not give you as good of a deal if they know you are also putting the fleet incentive on top of the negotiated price. Tell them at the end of the negotiation that you are using fleet incentive. the fleet incentive comps from the MB factory and the dealer is reimbursed for the discount.

In terms of the name of the internet sales manager, this bulletin board says that we are not supposed to post the names of sales people, but there should only be one internet sales manager. He is not one of the internet sales executives. For some reason, his name does NOT currently appear on their directory here: http://www.anaheim.mercedesdealer.com/about_us/staff_members

However, if you call the receptionist, they should be able to direct you.
    Also, Ali9986, if you don't qualify for the fleet incentive, the conquest cash program is almost as good ($2000 vs $3000 for fleet). all you have to do is drive a competitor luxury car.
    Hi mb_consumer,

My company is signed up for fleet incentives and I own two competitor luxury cars. So I may be eligible for both conquest cash (I guess it is $4000 for November for GL class) and $3000 fleet.

I saw you taking both conquest cash ($2000) and fleet ($3000) bring down you deal from 65xxx to 60xxx.

Can I do the same?
  • dkalbsdkalbs Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man,

I received this quote from a delear today, it's 2012 GL450 with the following pkg
    premimu pkg2, lightning pkg, 3 zone climate and running boards.. The MSRP is 72210.00 and the capitalized costs which is the amount we
    are leasing the car for you is $65,897.00 The lease on this car at 12k
    miles per year for 24 months will be $825.89 with 3956.65 Cash on
    delivery which represents the (1st month, bank fee, and taxes upfront.)

Is this a good deal? How can I determine their MF and Residual Value?

thanks
    I certainly can ali9986. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00131 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual values for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual would be 3% higher.

I believe that the conquest program did continue in November.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ali9986. The money factors that you posted are correct.the 71% residual value is correct for a 24-month 10k lease, but I'm not sure what terms the 50% resid corresponds with.

The last time that I checked, the MSD policy that you described was correct. Of course, you can't have a negative money factor, but I don't think that there is a money factor that MB won't allow deals to go below.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dkalbs. This looks like a good selling price to me. As far as the money factor goes, just as the dealer what factor they are using. MB Finance's current buy rate for this truck is .00131 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi glipper,

just wanted to share my recent deal on 2012 GL 450 @ MB Princeton. I think you can still do better.

MSRP = $71510 (pkg1, parktronic, blindspot,apperance pkg, trailer hitch)
    Negotiated Price is $63000
    Fleet Employee Discount is $3k
    24 months lease
    with FEP discount --> 10k mile/yr is $572 and 12k mile/yr is $605
    w/o FEP discount --> 10kmile/yr is $702

I think the MF is .00141 and RV is 71% and 70% respectively. Good luck!!!
  • balbslbalbsl Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for sharing the 63,000 negotiated price. Is that net of a Conquest discount? What is the Fleet Employee Discount, and is that reflected in the 63,000 price? Just trying to understand what is attainable for me. I am eligible for the Conquest discount, but not sure about the fleet ee discount.

Thanks again.
    balbsl,

conquest discount wasn't included in my negotiated price since I don't have any other luxury car. I believed the FEP discount from my company is 3K and I think it varies from company to company. I also think they can't combine either program.

here's what I've noticed, I just asked them to give me the best price on my spec and to ensure to include the negotiated price (I didn't mention FEP or Conquest) and they all came back with the following based on these MSRP

Here's from three dealers that quoted me: - ~2k drive out cost and no downpayment
    MSRP = $70,510 ; NP = $63100 == $730/month 10k/24months
    MSRP = $72,210 ; NP = $65897 == $825.89/month 12k/24months
    MSRP = $71,510 ; NP = $63000 == $703/month 10k/24months

then I just mentioned the FEP discount... one came back "No" and one came back "yes".

The average discount off the MSRP on 2012 GL450 seems to be in 7.5k w/o any program (unless this is the Winter Sale Event discount)

Hope this helps and good luck!!
    Hi dkalbs,

Looks like you picked the last one (MSRP $71510) as your final deal. However, per your previous email, your payment/mo is about $572. this means your final price was $60,000, right?

If it then this would the best deal I have ever seen. Please confirm.
  • krimgoldkrimgold Member Posts: 3
    @dkalbs - Just to confirm - I am looking at at the last option too (MSRP = $71,510 ; NP = $63000 == $703/month 10k/24months ), and it seems like my dealer can't even get close to the 63K sales price. How did you get it down there? That's really the crux of this issue since without it, I can't get close to the monthly numbers that I would need.

Who is your dealer (you can mention dealer without the sales guy's name here)?

Thanks so much for your help,

Danny
    Just purchased a 2012 GL450 yesterday at a orange county, Ca dealership.

vehicle options:

359: ext: capri blue metallic
    154: int: cashmere MB-Tex
    P02: premium 2 package
    220: parctronic
    234: blind assist
    289: wood/leather steering wheel,
    319: lighting package
    335: GL appearance pkg
    550: Trailer hitch
    581: 3-zone climate control
    866: rear seat entertainment pre-wiring
    056: accessory rear seat entertainment system

MSRP = $79,030 (incl $875 destination)
    Invoice = $73,691 (incl $875 destination)
    Negotiated selling price = $67,030 ($12,000 or 15.18% off MSRP) ($6,631 or 9% off Invoice)
    finance rate= 1.9% for 66 mos
    drive out cost = $20,000 (first mo $844, down $18556, DMV fee $545, doc fee $45)

payment $844/mo

btw, the deal includes MBZ offered $4000 conquest cash rebate incentive that worked for me since I own a bmw and a lexus.

btw: got the preliminary negotiation w/ $67000 done over the internet through email exchanges (~30 mins) and couple of hours later drove there, finalized the deal for $67030 w/ manager's approval and picked up the car in about an hour.

Let me know how the deal went?
    ali9986,

just picked up the SUV last Thursday. The final price was in the high $59k close to $60k. I took the 12k miles/year for $605/month.
    krimgold,

You have to shop around with different dealership in your area. I specifically mention that I need arctic white and I am only paying the basic drive out cost (processing fee, 1st month payment, registration and upfront tax) - no downpayment. Fortunately, I didn't have to bargain, both salesperson just gave it to me that way and I know that was already a good deal, then I asked for the money factor and residual value which will affect your monthly payment, make sure to ask them about those. MB @ Princeton is what I ended going for.

can you share what the following:
    MSRP
    Negotiated Price
    Money Factor
    Residual Value
    lease terms and yearly mileage
    monthly payment

thanks
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    DKalb, thanks for the quick reply! I would love to help out your sales guy if possible. Can you please email it to me please at df41_at_cornell.edu? I have 4 cars that I can give him if the price is right.

Danny
  • carman88carman88 Member Posts: 4
    This is the exact same deal I get a few days earlier except for a different color and I am on a lease. With multiple deposits, I have a 24-month lease of $562 tax included.
    Hi carman,

Your bottom line number does not make anything out to anybody. To better understand on your deal, can you mention the following (just like i did in my email)?

As minimum:
    MSRP =
    Invoice or exact options =
    CAPITALIZED cost =
    24 mo Money Factor (MF) =
    24 mo Residual Value (RV) =
    24 mo no of miles driven per/year =
    # of MSD = Drive out pocket total =
    Drive out cost (incl security deposit) =
    Aquisition fee =
    DMV reg fee=
    Doc fee =

In order to secure a good deal, you should be known all these numbers the by now for your deal.
  • 2putts2win2putts2win Member Posts: 4
    I just leased a 2012 GL350. Palladium Silver with Black Tex. MSRP was 70,470. Negotiated price was $63,500 including $4000 conquest for the Audi I own. 36 months and 12,000 miles per year. I also had a trade. They gave me $31,000 and I owed 25,000. The trade eliminated the NJ taxes. The equity was used for inceptions and the rest as cap cost (I'm normally against that but figured it was a trade as opposed to writing a check). So roughly a $3,700 cap cost reduction. Also, I gave them 10 security deposits ($7,500) and signed up for autopay. Also put 3 years prepaid maintenance in the lease.

$640/month for 36 months. I live in Northern NJ.

Probably not the best deal ever, but I'm pretty happy with it.
  • 2putts2win2putts2win Member Posts: 4
    *Update*

I just got a call from the dealer saying that Mercedes rejected my application. They said that you can't put a cap cost reduction and multiple security deposits on the same lease. So, the equity I have in my trade is effectively going to the multiple security deposits and my payment goes up by $100/month. Net net it's all the same, I just bring less money to the dealer tomorrow to pick up the car. But have you ever heard of this?
    Car _Man can you confirm this? Thank you!
  • hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    Please let me know what part of the country you are located and dealership. I'm in Atlanta and they are only offering 4-5,000 off list.

Looking for one-pay lease 24 months. Any tips?
  • hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone know December promos from Mercedes? Better than November? I've seen lots of postings/ads for 2012GL with package 1 at 500-550/month as a one-pay with 7,500 miles/yr on a 24 month lease but can't find anyone to sell me one.

Any thoughts on how they are getting there? Coupons/Promos

Seems like a great deal: IF REAL!!
  • croatbagcroatbag Member Posts: 21
    Just wanted to pay it forward and post my results since I used alot of the information from these boards to get there. Here is the lease I signed today at Greenwich dealership.

Capri Blue 2012 GL450
    Cashmere Interior
    P1 package
    Parktronic
    Wood/Leather steering Wheel,
    Lighting Package
    Trailer Hitch
    Running Boards
    Rear Seat Entertainment

MSRP $73,390
    Selling Price $63,000

There was a 4K incentive used, seemed like Winter Event and Conquest are the same thing or are being used interchangeably. And then he was willing to go 2500 or so under invoice.

24 Month/ 10K miles
    .00131 MF
    71% residual

$637/month with taxes included
    $2200 due at signing (doc fee is kind of high for these guys but the deal was so good they wouldn't budget)

Hope this helps someone in there negotiations.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    That's similiar to the deal I got yesterday at a Benz store in White Plains, NY. The same exact M.S.R.P. but it is silver with black interior. 24 month lease with 10,000 miles per year.

$577 per month with tax included
    $1,846.00 due @ signing.

The selling price was $61,540.00 and they told me the winter event was the same at conquest as well. They wanted to charge $1,095 for the bank fee and after speaking to the Manager I got it for the published rate of $795.
    Nice, you beat me by a good amount, I thought I had them pretty skinny on the deal as is, left some on the table it seems.
    I think I still beat insiderbuy by the discounted dollar amount ($12,000 vs $11,850) on my purchase of a fully loaded 2012 GL450 on Nov 25th at a orange county, CA dealership.

MSRP = $79,030 , Negotiated selling price = $67,030

Payment is $844/mo with 20k (down+others) on a 1.9% for 66mo finance.

Big difference is, I will be owner of my dream car after 5.5yrs vs returning the leased car only after 2yrs.
    Ha,

I went to White Plains and asked about those numbers and they told me those don't seem realistic. Did you have an in?
  • krimgoldkrimgold Member Posts: 3
    @Croatbag - these numbers are realistic and you can do the same in many other places, assuming they have the car in. Check Princeton MB if you want as well.
    Krimgold,

I believe you all, I'm just telling you the White Plains dealer told me that was unrealistic, so he was willing to deal again that low I guess, not sure what to say.

I spoke to princeton and greenwich and 60K on an MSRP of 70740 (or equivalent discount for a higher MSRP) was as good as I could get.
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    With those numbers, your payment is around $600 with NYC tax in. Isn't that what you wanted?
  • xpress88xpress88 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    Question to those who got on this; $600 or so per month inc tax seems like a great deal - was there any special discount involved? I also called White Plains but did not get anywhere close. I am looking for a similar GL 450 ; do not drive an MB or any of the other luxury brands at the moment. Croatbag; maybe we should team up and see if we get additional discounts if we buy at the same time!
    No, the original message was for a car with a almost 74K MSRP. The previous post responded and said he got a car for that same MSRP for 560-570. I was just saying I used 70,740 as the MSRP for my negotiation starting point since that seemed like a standard MSRP that all dealers had in stock so I could compare apples to apples. Then whatever discount they applied to that, say X% off MSRP or X below invoice, could be applied to whatever MSRP car I eventually chose.
    Xpress,

I am picking up tomorrow so too late for the group discounts, but here are the dealerships that were willing to go to 60K on a 70,740 MSRP vehicle. Greenwich is close to White Plains you can try them. If you are willing to take a decent drive you can try Princeton, Euro Motors, or Fort Washington was also fairly close, maybe $10/month more.

I was not able to get anyone to get under $600 for a car with a $73,990 MSRP as the price as @insidecarbuyer said he was able to.
    @xpress, sorry forgot to answer part of your question. The way my guy got to the selling price was he pulled out the invoice showed me that price, took 4K off for the winter event, and then took an additional 2500 off for nothing in particular (at least nothing in particular that he mentioned, just standard discounting)
This discussion has been closed.