Toyota Camry Hybrid Owners Problems & Solutions
Discuss post-ownership questions, not pre-ownership questions.
Popular New Cars
Popular Used Sedans
Popular Used SUVs
Popular Used Pickup Trucks
Popular Used Hatchbacks
Popular Used Minivans
Popular Used Coupes
Popular Used Wagons
The owner's manual states:
3. Simultaneously press and hold the handheld garage transmitter button along with the selected HomeLink button. Do not release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.
4. When the indicator light on the HomeLink changes from a slow to a rapid flash after 20 seconds, you can release both buttons.
This is not accurate. I would rewrite the manual to say:
3. Press and hold the selected HomeLink button for approximately 20 seconds. After this time, the HomeLink light will turn from solid to slowly flashing.
4. After the HomeLink light begins to flash slowly, press and hold the button of the handheld transmitter that you are programming while continuing to depress the selected HomeLink button until the HomeLink light begins to flash rapidly. Once the light is flashing rapidly, you can release both buttons.
If that is the worst problem we find with our Hybrid, we'll be doing just fine!!!!
1. From a complete stop, push the accelerator and there is a pause, a bump, a jerk, and then it takes off.
2. As I pull up to a complete stop at a light, the mpg needle moves up to 0 mpg, sits there for a few seconds, I feel a bump, and then it goes down to the bottom ( E ).
Does this sound familiar to anybody ?
Click on the Training tab at homelink.com. Under "choose a process" select "program a garage door opener" (assuming that's what you want to do) then click Go. Under "tell us about your vehicle" choose Toyota first, then Camry, then 2006. They don't have 2007 models listed. Click Go. Then choose your garage door opener type and click Go.
I don't know if the garage door opener has to be "Homelink-ready" or if this will work with any opener. I haven't tried it yet -- that'll be this weekend's project.
any input is appreciated!
What gives? Appreciate any ideas.
It's been fine for like... a month and a half or so now.. but tonight while driving home, the battery light was flickering on and off. I went to two different stores, and it started up fine when I was ready to go. But when I got home, I turned it off, then tried to turn it back on, and it was dead. No noises, no turn over, nothing. I haven't tried to jump it yet, but hopefully that will work since I have to be to work tomorrow. But what could possibly be causing this? The battery is brand new! When I hit the turn signal, it takes it like 10-15 seconds before it'll click...it just remains green. This is really starting to bug me. I haven't finished paying for this stupid car but it has no warranty, and I can't afford a new one. What can I do?? Please help!
Actually someone here may be able to help. Let's see.
My 70 Chevelle did something similar to this but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to it.
Has anybody else experienced this?
If you shift to Park and then power down, the key is detected fine.
This morning I powered down while still in Drive. I then shifted to Park. This seems to confuse the key FOB system. When I shifted to Park, beeping started right away. When I tried to lock the door, I got the "Key not detected" message. I had to get back in the car and power on and back off to get things to work normally again.
I just went to the parking lot and replicated both cases again. So always shift to Park before powering down.
I did have to read the manual to see that there are different things happen when you push the start depending on if the brake was depressed or the car was in park.
That one took me a while to figure out on my own and caused me to read the manual.
I think we are prone to trying to do so because the car is so quiet when it is stopped.
Today I'm driving, about 30-35 mph, AC on and hit a little pothole in the road. I mean little, barely felt it. Next thing I know, the air flow has shifted from from the upper vents to the lower vents, and the display indicates this.
Anybody else experienced this??