Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    luke_luluke_lu Member Posts: 10
    Jeff,
    That price is outstanding. The one I got is exactly the same as yours, except MSRP (sticker) is 41,612 without the all-weather mat which I paid additional $100 for it. I paid Presitge 36,587 so your price is a little better. I wondered how much you paid for docs, registration, etc. I paid 149 for doc fee and 351 of registration/title fee. Which dealer did you buy from?
  • Options
    Jeff,
    Did you buy or lease? If lease how much was the cap reduction? If purchase, what is the financing term?
  • Options
    charlied1charlied1 Member Posts: 2
    Jeff,

What dealership did you buy from in Jersey?My lease expires in 3 weeks and I'm looking to buy or lease another ES
  • Options
    rrussell25rrussell25 Member Posts: 2
    Jeff, if you get a chance would you scan in your purchase order and post at one of the free image hosting sites (e.g. freeimagehosting.net)? I'll post mine after I finish up the deal. Having the actual image would help everybody with apples to apples comparisons AND in their leverage with dealers.
  • Options
    rwarrencfprwarrencfp Member Posts: 15
    I see on the website for Prestige Lexus they show an ES350 with an MSRP of 38,202 for $459/month with 2500 as a cap cost reduction on a 12k lease. I'm out west and we don't get deals anywhere near that here. If anyone knows of any dealers with a similar offer out west please let me know. I'm in Las Vegas and we only have 1 Lexus dealer who won't come close to that. I am willing to travel a little but NJ is too far.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mgm2001mgm2001 Member Posts: 4
    It's tough - but at least two of us were able to get an ES350 with NAV for around $37.2k at Sewell (pre TTL)
  • Options
    mark27mark27 Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    Lexus of Orlando is offering ES350 PRM PKG with NAV sticker $41,322/OTD $39,838(2254tax,250tag)what do you think? I heard same car sold to a friend for 36k+ TTL :confuse:
  • Options
    tmeiditmeidi Member Posts: 2
    I've owned predominantly Honda and BMW and am considering an ES 350 from one of the two dealers in the Twin Cities. Any advice you'd be willing to share? Also, at times does Lexus offer special financing on new vehicles? Thank you.
  • Options
    mb22mbmb22mb Member Posts: 3
    I am new to this forum. I am interested in buying the ES 350 within the next month. I was wondering if anyone could post their experiences in buying an ES 350 in the Dallas area within the last few months? I am intetested in the Premium Plus + Nav option. I haven't yet decided about the UL package. I would like to get a feel for the prices people paid and the details of the offers. Also I have never bargained for a car before. I still drive my first car (used Toyota Corolla CE 2001 bought in 2003: paid cash). I read in the forums that a lot of people did most of the bargaining via emails. I asked for quotes from local dealers but got the same figures that I get if I configure online. Any ideas on how to go about it?

Any help will be appreciated.
  • Options
    steddysteddy Member Posts: 3
    I highly recommend buying from the Internet sales rep than the traditional sales rep. I originally went to the dealer and got a price quote then signed up for the Internet sales quote and got alot better quote. Anyways, I bought the ES with the premium plus pkg (MSRP $38,157). Sewell's initial quote was $34,700 (Inv. was $34,002) so I went to Park Placeand explained what Sewell quoted and they beat it. I probably could have gone back to Sewell and have them beat it but PArk Place has a free preffered driver program ($2000 value) that my wife liked so much that we just took the deal. To make a long story short, Park Place and Sewell are major competitors and they will do what it takes for you not to buy from the other. USe this to your advantage.
  • Options
    dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    I have also owned only Honda and BMW in the past. Then I traded-in my BMW with the ES350. I dont think Lexus has any special financing offers at any time. The best you can get is 5.49 APR from Lexus.
  • Options
    pj2007pj2007 Member Posts: 1
    Hi There,

I am negotiating deal on ES350 with prem. pkg + popular option (msrp 38202)and shooting for $4000 off MSRP. Has anyone received that much discount in Northen VA, Washington DC metro area or I am shooting for somthing impossible.

Please post what you paid.... Tomorrow is my b'day and want to pickup car before that. Currently I am at $3500 off MSRP

Thanks,

PJ
  • Options
    oscar8oscar8 Member Posts: 3
    i just bought the same car from lindsey lexus in alexandria and paid 3800 off msrp of 38202. they seem to be more willing to deal then pohanka in chantilly
  • Options
    I left the cold winters of he northeast and never thought I would miss it, that is until I wanted a Lexus. This city of almost 2 million people has 1 Lexus dealer. I'm looking for an ES350 with a MSRP of about 38k. They were gracious enough to offer a $1,000 disount off MSRP and acted like they were doing me a favor. When you add in their garbage fees you're getting back up to list price. They won't budge saying that Lexus is a hot brand and they have no trouble selling them. I'm jealous of the people I see in this forum getting great deals in other parts of the country. Does anyone know of dealers in Arizona or southern California with reasonable prces? I'm not looking to get it for nothing, I have no problem with a dealer making "reasonable" profit, I just want a fair price. If I can't get it I'll be lookin at other brands.
    Thanks! :mad:
  • Options
    jaspalbjaspalb Member Posts: 84
    This should be a non-nav. I bought from Lindsay Alexandria in October, but paid more than what you did. What color did you buy?
  • Options
    mvpjeffmvpmvpjeffmvp Member Posts: 16
    Ok, here's the final deal I worked out with Ray Catena, instead of Prestige Lexus. Ray Catena was closer to my home area, and I get lifetime free carwashes, and the whole 9 yards. It was "Slightly" higher, but I made out almost the same. Sticker was $41,711, I put $4,500 Cap Cost Reduction. INCLUDING Tax, Title, Registration, Etc, ALL COSTS ROLLED IN, I got it for $459/month on a 15,000 mile/(YES 15,000 miles not 12,000) 36 month lease. This was the Premium Plus, including all weather mats, side airbags, wheel locks, Navigation, Parking Assist, etc. I have NOT found a better deal, except from Englewood Lexus. The salesman "GEORGE" offered me $452/month with the same exact terms, and even faxed me a contract to sign. Either dealership should be able to help you out. E-mail me @ OffDutyLLC@aol.com if you have any particular questions, since I don't always jump on this board. Hope this helps everyone! My wife loves the car! And by the way.......all the problems people talk about with wind noise, dashboard making noise, and transmission missing shifts, I checked very hard to find them, but NONE were visible. Maybe having a February 2007 delivery date helped, but none of these exist on my car. Thanks. ;)
  • Options
    You would never get close to that out west, Im jealous. I've seen several posts mentioning South Bank Leasing, has anyone ever used them?
  • Options
    kippcarkippcar Member Posts: 6
    I worked Lexus of Wayzata as far down as possible for an ES350 Premium Plus w/Nav. $38,050 +TTL. They will not go lower and that dealership has the same ownership as Maplewood, so playing off each other is more difficult. Lexus finance has decent rates, but better rates can be found.
  • Options
    Does anyone have the residuals & Money Factor for March?

36/mo 12k miles
    48/mo 12k miles
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    You would probably find your answer on the correct forum: ES 350: Lease Questions
  • Options
    tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    I am also in the Twin Cities. Still waiting a bit to purchase, but I think you did extremely well for here. Did you go through internet sales or through a salesperson?
  • Options
    lookinginscvlookinginscv Member Posts: 17
    I was able to buy an extended warranty at Lexus of Huntsville through the Sales Manager. It was the 7 year 100,000 platinum for $1,365 (zero deductible). Even though I live in California, everything was handled via UPS overnight (at the dealer's expense). Handled professionally and quickly. I got the official policy within 10 days.
  • Options
    kippcarkippcar Member Posts: 6
    I gathered all the pricing info I could and went in. I'm a repeat customer, and I inform dealers I read threads like these to avoid the more needless haggling. In fact, they were willing to sit down with me and read them. Great car, but from previous Lexus experience, general maintenance is way expensive.
  • Options
    purpulpurpul Member Posts: 4
    ES-350 with NAV and park assist 34,165?
    MSRP 41612 with BE FS HL NV PA PT WU Z1

Has anyone purchased an ES for Less than 34000?
    Thanks

Deb
  • Options
    benji5benji5 Member Posts: 12
    I picked up my new ES 350 last Friday, after researching it, test driving it, and contacting dealers for the past 2 weeks. My MSRP was $41,711, equipped w/ nav, premium plus pkg, rear seat airbags, HID headlamps, full size spare, parking assist, wood and leather trim steering wheel and knob, preferred accessory pkg, and all weather mats. After researching the vehicle, along with reading the other posts on Edmunds and contacting 6 dealers, I decided that $37,200 was a fair price to pay, which was $665 over invoice (and $4511 off MSRP). I basically narrowed it down to either Ray Catena Lexus or Prestige Lexus, who both were willing to sell me the car at that price. Even though they were an hour and fifteen to an hour and three quarters from my house , the drive was worth it because of the savings compared to paying $1000 for the car from a dealer who was 10 minutes from my house. The bottom line is that the price to be paid comes down to how many dealers are in your area (competition), how far you are willing to go to pick up the car, how badly they want to sell you the car, and how quickly (or patient) you are to buy the car. I bought it from Ray Catena Lexus, and the experience was a pleasure because I did everything over the phone and when I went to pick up the car, the salesman was the only one who handled the paperwork and I didn't get bounced from department to department. So far, I am very pleased w/ the car.
  • Options
    This looks like an awesome deal. Almost too good to be true. The best so far on this forum.

Which state is this? Which dealership? Can you give us some details?
  • Options
    It sounds too good to be true. This would be $2500 UNDER invoice.
  • Options
    blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    I agree...the cars are selling slow...but certainly not near slow enough to make them sell for 2500 under invoice if that's true
  • Options
    rxrookierxrookie Member Posts: 10
    Which dealership is this ? Even discounting all dealer fees, the invoice on the car you talk about is $36,476. And to sell at 2300+ below invoice sounds a bit whacky. Is this a new car (i.e Zero miles) or a test-drive version ? Usually most dealerships tack on a dealer fee (anything upto $500) on all cars for all the advertising etc they have to do. In the DC area, the invoice for the vehicle you mention is $36,894. Havent heard of anyone selling below invoice in this region.
  • Options
    robg3robg3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am also looking for the ES350 in Northern Virginia with the popular package totaling msrp of $38,202.00. This msrp is the Premium Plus Package, with 5 additional, individual options, however no navigation.
    Please email me- robgrant@cox.net with your final deal and specifics you made or any additional insight you may have! If leased, please give total rolled up cost with the mileage allowance and cap. cost reduction paid.
    Thanks, RG
  • Options
    dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    Seems like you gotta pretty good price. Thanks for sharing the info of the dealership.
  • Options
    rxrookierxrookie Member Posts: 10
    Hi
    Could you please list out the 5 addl individual options that you are looking for ? Also, which dealership in NoVa have you been talking to so far ? Did you try Silver Spring, Md - they seem to have some good offers time to time.
  • Options
    robg3,

This MRSP ($38,202) seems to be for a Premium (non-nav) version, with options such as full-size spare, truck mat/net, rear side bags, etc. This is not for Prem Plus.
  • Options
    jaspalb,
    Yes, you may be correct..."Premium" with "Additional Options" & "Preferred Accessory Package" ?
    However, the dealer circled the "Premium Plus Package" in the brochure for me...with the following additional items:

Total MSRP $38,202 =

33,470.00 Base Car +
    Premium Package =2480.00
    Steering Wheel = 330.00
    High Intensity Lights= 815.00
    Rear Seat Airbags= 250.00
    Trunk Mat= 69.00
    Wheel Locks= 69.00
    Destination= 715.00

Anyway, what is the best discount from the total msrp amount?
  • Options
    I did'get much...just $2,700, but I bought in October. You should get much more now. I got mune in Alexandria. Other dealer in NoVA didn't want to give any discount.
  • Options
    Well, it looks as if the typical, best deals at this paticular time, for a E350 on this forum are ranging from 8% to 11% off msrp. Since everyone can figure out the vehicle msrp with the options or particular package that a dealer is proposing, one can at least determine a fair and reasonable purchase price using these percentages.
    Comments?
  • Options
    pkentpkent Member Posts: 1
    I bought a '07 ES350 (with premium package, MSRP $41,822) about 3 weeks ago here in Calif. Used Costco buying program which saved $3,560, plus an additional $1,100 by further negotiation. In a previous email to this site a comment was made that a dealership probably could go to about $5,000 off MSRP maximum which I cited during the negotiations. One thing I am really glad to have added as an extra is the "signature finish" surface protection (inside and out) for about $550 extra (4 year warranty) - makes the car look beautiful. Freeway driving is 27+ mpg, and about 19 around-town. No dashboard squeeks or diesel-sounding engine problems as noted in other reports here. Thanks to all of you for your insightful comments, esp. Dunde71 on his extended warranty from Lexus of Huntsville - that is a great deal which I will look into.
  • Options
    What's the lowest price someone has paid for an ES350 Ultra. Lux (MSRP 44k)

...I'm trying to get a Smokey Granite Mica / Black Leather from my local dealer (here in NJ) but being that they don't have one, they're trading with a dealer in PA and are going to have a flatbed truck go pick one up on a trade with the dealer there. I've got them to sell the car for $40200 (including destination and whatever it costs to have the car transported from PA to their dealership)...

...what do you guys think, the invoice is $39300 (I believe) and they said that they have to pay advertising fees around $500 and the cost of getting the car from another dealer which is another $400...does this seem reasonable or is the "advertising fee" BS along with charging $400 to have the car put on a flat bed and brought to them.
  • Options
    Yes, the $500 ad fee is bull. It's just a dealer ploy to get more from you and less off the car. Also, the $400 flat bed fee is excessive. Tough negotiations could have them throw it in, but in any event, it should not be any higher than $200. Tell the dealer that you'll just go to the dealer that has that car and buy it from them and see what their response is. I too live in NJ (near Cherry Hill Lexus, see post #492) and got $4511 off an MSRP of $41,711, so you should be able to get more off of a 44K car than what you stated. Check out Ray Catena Lexus or Prestige Lexus. Any further questions, email me back.
  • Options
    stevencatystevencaty Member Posts: 11
    Hi
    I did get the ES350from Cherry Hill Lexus 3months ago with teh same package for $37,700.00 i think you can do better, i live in PA
  • Options
    I figured the ad fee was BS...Ray Catena actually has a Black/Black and a gray/black ES350 ultra lux....but being that his dealership is a hike from my house, it'd be a pain to take it there for servicing and being that you only get a loaner car for servicing, from the dealer you buy it from, I don't want to buy it from him. I'm looking to buy from Lexus of Edison and they said Catena doesn't/won't trade cars with them let alone anyone for the most part(don't doubt it either since these guys are taking more of his business etc)...speaking of the discount, invoice is $39300 and taking out that $500 BS fee he's charging I should be able to get it for under 40k which is fine with me....oh btw when you're in the area you HAVE TO check out the Lexus of Edison dealership...they have a 180 car storage room ontop of their showroom, all the cars are detailed and ready as soon as people buy the car :shades:
  • Options
    crow2crow2 Member Posts: 2
    In Peoria, loaner car is available if you buy anywhere. No pickup & delivery on oil changes & repair work is only thing not included when buying from another dealer. Thought this was a Lexus policy!
  • Options
    I agree w/ the previous post. It shouldn't and doesn't matter where you bought the car and where you bring it in for service. Example: You live and bought the car in CA but got transfered to the east coast. You are obviously not going to bring it back west for service. It is a Lexus policy that you are entitled to a loaner.
  • Options
    I just bought one with Premium plus with Navi from Prestige in NJ. The MSRP was $41,711. I got it down to $36,900 plus $99 for all-weather mats. A discount of $4,811 or 11.53% over MSRP.
  • Options
    Good job. That was $200 less than what I paid.
  • Options
    thy_gallantthy_gallant Member Posts: 14
    I got a quote for $617/mo with 0 down for a MSRP of $41,700. This includes tax, tags everything. Has anyone leased recently. Thanks.
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Why not ask your question on the ES350: LEASE QUESTIONS forum?
  • Options
    That might be good or bad. You need to know how long a lease, how many miles, what is the tax in your state, ho much were the tags and other cost rolled into the lease?
    :)
  • Options
    maelimaeli Member Posts: 1
    I bought the Lexus ES 350 from Tustin lexus dealer with premium package, out the door, we paid $35,999.00 which includs tax, licence fee and destinatio fee. In CA, it is about 10%. The car price is about $33000.00. Is this good price?
  • Options
    Thanks to your advice and am currently dealing with both Sewell and Park place. It is much easier this way. I had a few questions for you though.
    1. What is the preferred driver program?
    2. Did you pay any ad fees on top of the invoice?
    3. Was window tinting included?