Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• colotjcolotj Member Posts: 18
    any mileage under 500 should be acceptable. Although I would suspect much lower than that. Your warranty will not start until you sign the paperwork and the existing mileage will be noted extending your warranty to the respective start mileage. Look for any dings or scratches as these are not covered under warranty. If there are any minor scratches or dings have them note them and they will fix them for you at some point in time if you do not want to wait after you purchase the car. Although there should be no scratches or dings it's not unusual to find one or two. It's not a deal breaker. Get a full tank of gas from them as well.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    500 miles????? On a new vehicle, assuming they did not have to do a dealer trade, I'd say no more than about 50 miles, 100 max! - any more than that should raise some eyebrows.

Hope your purchase goes smoothly.
  • larydlaryd Member Posts: 3
    looking to trade in my 2005 ES

price from sewell on model with premium plus package
    wood and leather steering wheel
    bluetooth
    rear air bag
    rear sunshade
    full spare
    window tint/stripr ($395)
    $35,398 -$1000 incentive = $34398 plus ttl Msrp is $38965

this computes to about $900 over invoice which give them them $900 plus the $765 holdback.

first problem is that without the $1000 incentive this is $1900 over invoice
    I do not think this is a good price since the incentive should not effect the dealers price to me. (The Incentive is from Lexus corperate not the dealership)

2nd problem is that they only want to give me $18500 for my really clean low milage 2005 ES

they will turn around and make it a certified vehicle and ask between 25k and 26 k for it. maybe get 22k to 23.5 k (my guess)

Any one have in advice or buying experience in the Dallas area?
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    I don't have any experience or buying advice, but I am interested to see what you do. What is the blue book value of your car? What if you try to sell your car yourself?
    trade in value depends on which source u use
    nada $22725
    edmonds $21,161
    kbb $17605 (dont like this one too much:))
    it should be at least $20000 imo..... they can sell it for 22.5k to 23k at least

Also shopped Avalon limited but it is only about $1500 to @2000 less

I hate to admit it... I like the Avalon a lot. it just seems a little stoggy and "old" feeling to me. maybe I will get one when I hit 65 years old.

I still need input on the price I should pay for the Lexus HELP ME PLEASE
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Can't help you with the buy side of your transaction because I don't live in your area. But it's pretty clear that you could pick up at least $1K by selling your car privately. Why leave that money on the table?
    I would have to get about $1250 more from a private sale to make up for the sales tax savings generated by a trade in. Yes, I could probably get a little more by selling it myself. However, if I could get about 20k for the trade in The hassle of having to sell a car myself may not be worth the differance.

Anyone know if Lexus is going to have to extend some rebate program itno the summer due to slow sales?
  • buntycbuntyc Member Posts: 1
    What is the current price on the Lexus ES350 in Tucson, AZ?
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Invoice as on www.nada.com
  • pmpkin123pmpkin123 Member Posts: 14
    laryd--

Go to Park Place Lexus on preston and George Bush and tell them Sewell is being unreasonable. They LOVE to beat Sewell. I went to the internet guy Tony Arthur right away, and got a great price last year.

you can email him if you want to see. If you like tell him you saw the message board on edmunds, he will know what you are talking about. I posted about July 2007 as did several others from houston on up to dallas, and it seemed that park place got lower price faster than sewell.

good luck, if it helps, tell him I sent you, but honestly, do NOT think it will make any difference at all. Tony just seems to want to sell ( at least by email and last year, maybe this year is different.)

which (real name steve)
  • shangydshangyd Member Posts: 25
    Picked up a 08 ES350 for my wife with Premium Package with Additional Options (second package in LEXUS website)

MSRP 37,406
    OTD 34,500

For the TTL, we have 5% tax and $80 for title and inspection, nothing else. Thus if you do the math, the price for the car is about 300 under invoice. Enjoy it.
  • beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know when the 09 models come out? I heard there are no changes but not sure.
    Are there any new Lexus incentives?
  • patakapataka Member Posts: 4
    08 ES 350 with nav and premium plus: MSRP 42235
    Paid 37K + TTL;
    Houston
  • ma77ma77 Member Posts: 2
    Ok... I am new to this and need some help please. We have decided on the ES350, not sure if we will go for the ultra luxury or premium plus. I called a few dealers and here is the best price I have gotten (I basically said I know what I want and I want your best price)
    ultra lux 39750 +ttl
    premium plus 37500 +ttl.
    I am in the chicago land area and am willing to go further out for a deal. I have read some of the posts and see people have gotten below invoice (which I think is 38538 for ultra lux). How much better does anyone think I can do....please help!!!

Should I wait for the end of the month?????
  • johngreisjohngreis Member Posts: 70
    FYI Lexus just increased the price of the ES350 by $300
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Should I wait for the end of the month?????

That's not a bad idea. Today being only May 2nd, the dealer basically has 29 more days to reach his monthly goal(s). At this pont, he's not stressing about giving you "the best deal" yet beacause he has a whole month to be optimistic. Hit 'em up sometime between the 27th-31st.

A great deal "can" be had any time during the month, but sometimes, depending on color, trim, length of time a vehicle has been sitting on the lot, etc. will dictate the price.
  • ajtlaaajtlaa Member Posts: 3
    was shopping over two weekends for a base non-navi es with premium package.

spoke with every dealer in southern cal. and i mean every dealership- from as far west as oxnard, to as far east as palm springs, to as far south as carlsbad.

this past weekend (4 days before the end of the month), i was offered $700 to $1,000 below invoice for pretty much any es 350 at 4 different dealerships:
    - lexus santa monica
    - keyes lexus in van nuys
    - tustin lexus
    - crown lexus in ontario

i was still offered the same pricing even on the 1st of may. these non-navi models are rare because lexus cut production on them and are mainly making navi models, but they still sell very well because they are not very expensive (the least expensive build with leather, msrp $36,600+, has an invoice of $32,920 and you can do several hundred $ to $1,000 better than that, depending on the dealer and color).

there is also a new build that features navigation but is not so packed with options that is also attractive if you are price conscious like i am- it msrp's at $39,600+ and invoice i believe is $35,410. you can get the same deal on this car as well (the navi models are much more easy to find in the color you want because they make more of them).

if you have serious difficulty finding the color you want, then you may have to pay a little bit more. glendale, westminster and carlsbad (and more that i can't remember) are dealing at about $500 above the four dealerships i listed above. thousand oaks is extremely nice but they don't really deal- they were pretty much at invoice. at woodland hills, when i told them my pricing expectations (i'd already been offered this deal at four other places), were a bit offended and the sales manager came out and started lecturing me. :)

i even know most of the current and upcoming inventory in the $36,600 non-nav build, so if you are looking for silver or smoky granite (that charcoal exterior- very nice) send me a pm. a lot of cars got delivered to the dealerships this past week, and in the next week or two a lot of them are getting even larger shipments. if you can't find the color you want right away in the build you want, ask them what they have coming in the next week or two- you can agree on the price and leave them a $500 deposit.

as far as i've found, the only lexus dealership in socal that lists their new car inventory on the internet is santa monica, and you can find that at cars.com.

if you need more details, shoot me a pm.
  • kingbollakingbolla Member Posts: 3
    What dealership in Houston did you find that deal? Also, did you finance through them or on your own? I would also like to know what to expect as far as APR, I have excellent credit....thx
  • patakapataka Member Posts: 4
    Sterling McCall Lexus
    No financing involved
    No trade in
    It was end of the month.
  • hedonisthedonist Member Posts: 3
    You got an amazing deal...let me ask you again....this 34500 is out of your pocket for OTD price.

What are the actual price (minus TTL).

Can you please send the name of the dealership too.

Thanks
  • banker67banker67 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for an ES 350 with the nav package. In NJ this is going for $41,815 MSRP. How much profit do you figure is in the $7230 for the nav package as the invoice for the base model is $29,900. Probably making a decision in a couple of weeks. I'm looking to pay less than $35K. Is this possible?
  • leslie24leslie24 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone done any shopping in Arizona? And if so - where and with whom? I have an 2000 ES350 to trade in and want to buy a new 2008 for around invoice.
  • banker67banker67 Member Posts: 2
    Actually looking to pay $36K or less. Is this possible?
  • car2008car2008 Member Posts: 5
    Following is the deal in MA:

ES350 navi + prem plus + few extras
    MSRP: 42314 (new price this week)
    invoice: 37520
    offered sale price = invoice price (went up this week)

Is this a good deal?

Thanks!
    Lexus of Chandler...................best dealer in the valley.
  • p4567p4567 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I got the same deal, 34,500 OTD, in addition two years of free maintenance, the deal is from Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys, tell them Peter T, who just bought the car for his mom sent you.
  • p4567p4567 Member Posts: 2
    It seems that a lot of folks, especially the ones that get good deals don't mention the dealer name to make it easier on others to get the same deal, so I'll change that. I just purchased a 2008 Lexus ES 350 with no Nav, got the 2nd prem package MSRP $2040 (chk the Lexus site) for $34,500 OTD from Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys, in addition they are having a special this month where they also adding on 2 years of FREE maintenance. Tell them Peter T, who just bought an ES350 for his mom for mother's day sent you. I worked with one of the internet fleet managers, am not suppose to provide her name per Edmunds guidelines. Hope this helps and happy car shopping! =)
  • rhlynnrhlynn Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking for a ES350 and right now I'm looking at Bell Lexus. I got my ES 300 & ES 330 from them so I'm expecting a really good deal. Also, I have a Costco memebership so the pricing is much better. I will know what price they are giving me.
    34,500 was the otd price? that would be like $1,400 below invoice... or was it 34,500 including destination, but before tax title & license?
    I think any dealer will be happy to make a Costco deal as it will be above Invoice. When I visited Bell Lexus, I was told that the last price they are going to sell was $1,500 above invoice but I later bought from Lexus of Chandler @ $500 above Invoice (w/o XM) but the car I choose had factory installed XM (they did not charge me for that) and gave free clear mats and touch up paint. Do check the pricing at Arrowhead Lexus and Lexus of Chandler (or Scottsdale Lexus, management is same so hope the pricing will be same). All the best and keep us posted.
  • yickwoyickwo Member Posts: 54
    Hi ajtlaa,

I am looking for more information on availability of base model without much options in So.Cal. I am not sure how to PM you. Thank you in advance for your help.
    they are hard to find, but there is a new es build that retails for about $36,600 including destination. the invoice is $32,920. some dealers were willing to go as low as $31,920, or $1000 below invoice. that includes destination, but does not include ttl. will depend of course on who you talk to and time of month etc, but the four dealers that were most willing to deal at such a price were santa monica, keyes van nuys, and tustin. also crown in ontario were willing to sell one at that price as well but it was a car that had heated seats (an extra $500 at invoice). glendale was about $3-400 higher than that (so they were at $6-700 below invoice), and thousand oaks was at invoice.
  • lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    Anyone has any luck on any Houston dealers? I am still trying to catch one locally instead of having it shipped here. Thanks a bunch~
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    I always found this forum to be extremely helpful. Assisted my father with purchasing a new ES 350 w/ ultra lux package, w/o spoiler. Best deal after comparing quotes was from the internet staff at Keyes in Van Nuys. He ended up paying $38,500 + TTL which I believe is well below invoice. Hope that helps some of you out there in SoCal. Working with the internet staff is definitely the way to go.
  • avvy05avvy05 Member Posts: 10
    Hi nmb333. Prestige in Ramsey is giving me $37,900!! for the same exact package. Can you please email me the name of the salesperson you worked with. My email is ykaganovski@yahoo.com
  • avvy05avvy05 Member Posts: 10
    Freddidad

Hi Freddidad. I actually had to address this to you. Prestige in Ramsey is giving me $37,900!! for the same exact package. Can you please email me the name of the salesperson you worked with. My email is ykaganovski@yahoo.com

Thanks, $36,500 actually sounds awesome! Congrats!
  • freddidadfreddidad Member Posts: 6
    I was less than impressed with my salesman. Everything else about Prestige exceeded expectations: I've had my 1000 and 5000 mile services as well as a fairly long session with their technology expert which was very useful. I was treated very well on all visits. They still have an extensive inventory of almost 200 ES350's and it's two and a half months closer to the end of the model year. Even though the price was slightly raised I believe you can do better than $37,900. Good luck.
  • dodge1515dodge1515 Member Posts: 3
    New to the site. Looking to lease ES350 w/Nav and Premium Plus Package. Can anyone give an idea of the best I can do in the Chicago area 36 months with 12K?
  • tarkiotarkio Member Posts: 4
    My black/black UL finally arrived after a few weeks of location. As a first time Lexus buyer I was looking for trouble at every step of the sales process, but it never happened. I received professional honest help all along the way. The car came in at the promised price ($39.5), my credit union's interest rate actually went down to 3.99% during my wait, and the car is absolutely perfect. No transmission problems, no noisy cold engine problems, no rattles of any kind, and no rough idle. Fit and finish is superb.

I highly recommend Lexus of Watertown, and also recommend the UL package. It makes the ES a completely different car. The best extra $2,300 I have ever spent!
  • es350mdes350md Member Posts: 3
    Voice-activated DVD Navigation System
    Additional Options:
    - Premium Plus Package
    - High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID)
    - Intuitive Parking Assist
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob

All season Mats/Cargo net/ Wheel lock

MSRP 42025 Invoice 37351 purchsed @ 36800+TTL
  • jjphjjph Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone been offered "free tires for life" program (pay for the first set of tires up front and then get "free tires for life", done through the financing dept with new cars) or free service for 2 years when buying the es350? I'm in So Cal. Tusin Lexus has the tires program and Keyes in Van Nuys offered the free service for 2 yrs. Thanks.
  • jjphjjph Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone been offered "free tires for life" program (pay for the first set of tires up front and then get "free tires for life", done through the financing dept with new cars) or free service for 2 years when buying the es350? I'm in So Cal. Tusin Lexus has the tires program and Keyes in Van Nuys offered the free service for 2 yrs. Thanks.
  • :) Ok forum mates, time to praise (or not) my latest adventure @ our friendly neighborhood LEXUS dealer.....think I can beat them up anymore???

2008 ES 350
    Ruby RED / Cashmere / Chrome 17" Seven Spoke Wheels
    Premium Plus PkgPremium Audio w/NAVHID lights w/AFSPark AssistWood & Leather Steering WheelRear Seat AirbagsRear SunshadeFull Size SpareTrunk Mat / Cargo Net / Wheel LocksKitchen Sink (jk.....;)

Deal #'s - 36 months / 15k miles / .00080 MF
    42,235 MSRP, incl. all options and destination
    37,935 Agreed upon price of car (incl. dealer fee)
    38,597 Gross CAP Cost (incl. Bank fee [600] & tax on cap cost reduction [61.76])
    1,029 Cap cost reduction ($1000 from LFS, rest from me)
    37,568 NET Cap Cost
    21,962 Residual Value (52% of MSRP)
    15,606 Depreciation Cost
    433.48 Mo. rent cost (DEP / 36 months)
    47.62 Mo. interest cost
    28.87 ST Sales Tax (6%)
    $509.97 NET Mo. Payment

BTW....Total out of pocket @ closing = $737 (1st payment + tag + fees)

Looking forward to your comments!!
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    I'm in Tucson, and Lexus of Tucson really turned me off yesterday, May 26 ... Memorial Day "Sale". Every ES on their lot has a $4,200 option package and an MSRP of no less than $43K ... a price from which they weren't willing to budge ... end of the month and Mem Day Sale. I've not been able to find a base ES w/ nav and that's all I want ... and they're telling me that this "region" gets all cars built out that way and they get what the region dictates. I've never heard this kind of drivel before and will visit the Lexus dealers in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Mesa to try to find what I'm looking for. Bart :( :shades:
  • oldidroldidr Member Posts: 4
    To be a little less harsh the dealer in Tucson (the ONLY one here) is willing to split the difference between msrp and invoice. Based upon what I'm reading here I'm still getting gouged so I'm shopping elsewhere to get to the invoice number so many of you have gotten elsewhere ... and materially earlier in the model year. I should be able to do better ... the end of the month, nearing the end of the model year, and a soft market. Thanks to all who have posted here ... very helpful. Bart :shades:
    Check with Lexus of Chandler
  • ma77ma77 Member Posts: 2
    I have had a tough time with the dealers here in Chicago. I have conacted 3...not as much room in price as I have seen here on the site. Last month a dealer quted me somewhere around $39,500 for the ultr luxury ES; now, I am geting $40,000 (basicall told them to give me their best price but have not yet suggested one to them). I want to buy this weekend (by the end of the month); can anyone tell me what number I should stick with?
    Thanks A Bunch!!! :confuse:
    Try suggesting a price. Start at $800 under invoice. They will not give you a good price on their own.
  • roadrunnercjroadrunnercj Member Posts: 4
    We bought one today. The deal was diluted somewhat by a trade.

One dealership offered me 2K and another 3K so the car price on both dealships was similar.

Ending up getting a Black/Black ES350 No Nav MSRP $38,724 for $33150.

Included
    Premium Package
    HID Headlamps
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
    Bluetooth Audio
    Rear Seat Side Airbags
    Full-Size Spare Tire
    All Weather Mats for Winter
    Prefered Accessory Pack

I probably could have done a little better but wifey was getting impatient and it seemed like a fair price. The dealer was nice, stuck to thier price, and didn't play games like the other dealer.
    I got the same car with no trade in - cash deal.

Ending up getting a Black/Black ES350 No Nav - paid 34,200

Included
    Premium Package
    HID Headlamps
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
    Bluetooth Audio
    Rear Seat Side Airbags
    Full-Size Spare Tire
    All Weather Mats for Winter
    Prefered Accessory Pack