Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• giantsfan2giantsfan2 Member Posts: 6
    HEY GUYS, REGARDING MY POSTING HERE ON #915, DID I PAID TO MUCH FOR THIS CAR???. I SEE ALOT OF POSTING AT UNDER 40,000 DRIVE OFF. THATS 7,000 LESS THAN WHAT I PAID. ALSO THEY GAVE ME FINANCING AT 6.99% 5 YEARS.THANKS,GIANTSFAN
  • mbawhizguymbawhizguy Member Posts: 6
    Hey Giantsfan2,

I read ur post yesterday and right off felt that you had overpaid. I mean I am getting a fully loaded 2008 AWD with nav, PP & rear entertainment with all the towing package, wheel locks, etc for 44.5k and I feel thats a bit too high as well. Did you shop around for other financing options. Banks are usually a tad lower than the dealerships, and in a place like DC metro area the Fed Credit Unions are offering 5-5.5% for new cars for 60 mos.

MBAWHIZGUY
    Thanks mbawhizguy, I did'nt shop at all, this was my first Lexus dealership that I when in, then got home and read some posting here,then the dealership call and made me a offer and I accepted. I thought it was a great deal when they gave me a 7000 discount and no back and forth hassel. I believed I can still go out and shop around for a loan at a cheaper rate, right?. Was your 44.5k out the door. Thanks for your posting-giantsfan2
  • crackberrycrackberry Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the tip. I too was trying to work with Lexus at Chantilly. Now I am thinking about calling up Lexus of Rockville.

Would you be able to share the specs and the price you paid for your RX 350.

If anyone else has had any experience with Lindsay Lexus or Lexus of Silver Spring - then do share.

Thanks,
    CB
  • krisvkrisv Member Posts: 25
    andy1993 - my quotes in the Atlanta market are probably a little higher than what you'd be looking at because I'm interested in the AWD with the Nav AND Rear DVD system. With that being said, I've gotten initial quotes from all 5 of the Metro Atlanta dealers and Nalley in Smyrna came in lowest on the first round of internet quotes. In the next couple weeks, we'll go in for more negotiating before we finalize anything. One suggestion - I don't know where you're located in Alabama, but our first stop in negotiations is actually going to be Lexus of Chattanooga, who came in lower than all the Atlanta dealerships. You might want to check there as well as Atlanta. I've sent emails to all the Alabama dealers as well and none of them came near either the Atlanta or Chattanooga prices. Good Luck and let me know what you find.
    Hey MBAWhizguy, Looks like your vehicle has almost the same options as what I'm looking for. I'm in Atlanta and finding an AWD vehicle here is near impossible. Where are the dealerships your working with? Was $44.5 out the door or car price? We're willing to travel to find the car we want at the right price. Up and down the east coast is not an issue. If anyone can provide info on a '08 AWD with Nav, DVD, and Towing Package I'd appreciate it.
  • mbawhizguymbawhizguy Member Posts: 6
    Heu CrisV, Crackberry....I did not buy the vehicle yet, am in no hurry and actually just got back after test driving an ML 350 Benz. If I am paying approx mid 40's for a Lexus I might as well get the Benz. Anyways I am going to help you guys with all I can provide:
    The Pohanka Lexus at Chantilly rejected my 43.5k out of the door offer on a 2008 AWD, PP, NAV & DVD. I think he was looking at 44.5k OTD
    I spoke on the phone with CS, the internet mangaer in Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria and he quoted me 44.7 OTD for same config.
    Attached below is my email transcript with "SD" the internet manager of Lexus of Rockville:

"Venu, Leo had shown me this email, so I decided it is best for me to respond. Edmunds is not the true source of getting information for Lexus vehicles. They do not inform the customer of the actual features on a Lexus, so when customers decide they want this feature and don't want that feature it is not how Lexus sells their vehicles. We have 3 different models in the RX 350 without navigation, with navigation, and with navigation and DVD. The information that I will provide is from the manufacture themselves. That is where the real information comes from that Leo provided $500 over invoice on the RX 350 with navigation/DVD not Edmunds.

The information that you sent over is for the 2007 which the 2007's are long gone. The 2008 RX 350 which is shown below. Edmunds.com information that I found on this particular vehicle is so far from correct it is not funny. On Edmunds.com I found states that the MSRP is $47,445. The real MSRP Lexus tells us is $47,395. Optional equipment $7770 cost is $4673 wrong....actually the package is $7880 the invoice is $6615 in which Edmunds.com does not show you the correct invoice since they do not add the features to the vehicle. I can offer $42,653 for this vehicle. Again, $500 over invoice."

Sounds like they are willing to give it to me for 42653 + TTP which amounts to mid 44k. HOPE ALL OF THIS HELPS!! Keep me posted with your decisions. I will wait to get mine!!

mbawhizguy
  • hetnhetn Member Posts: 8
    Do you know what would be MSRP or invoice for your package? Thanks.
  • cami199cami199 Member Posts: 2
    Would like to purchase the above asap - premium plus w/ nav. Have a quote of $41,907 from Lexus of Madison, WI not incl any fees, ttl, etc. Can anyone pleeeez help me with a better option in WI or IL? Would obviously like to pay less. Thanks so much!!
  • rxleaserxlease Member Posts: 5
    2008 RX 350 FWD (Southern California - 8.25% tax):

Nav + Premium plus
    $3,000 drive off (includes $2K cap cost reduction, 1st month's payment, tax, registration, bank fees, etc.)
    $500 per month for remaining 35 months INCLUDING tax
    57% residual after 36 months on a MSRP of $44,356
    12K miles

I have to close on this tomorrow. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
  • rleung4f24rleung4f24 Member Posts: 2
    All,

Here is the quote at Oxnard, CA:

2008 RX350/Flint Mica

Accessories:
    FV Liquid Graphite Finish 18" 7 Spoke Wheels
    HH Multi-Stage Heated Front Seats with Rain-Sensing
    NV Generation 5 Navigation System with Bluetooth
    PT LUXURY VALUE EDITION PACKAGE
    TO Towing Prep Package
    C1 Cargo Mat
    WL Wheel Locks
    MSRP $44,466; Quoted at $39,975; OTD = $43,614.60

Sounds pretty good to me. What do you guys think?
  • lexusrxsearchlexusrxsearch Member Posts: 12
    Hi Leung:

Sounds pretty comparable to my deal on east coast: MSRP 45700 paid $40,700 (before tax, docs, reg) except mine has:
    AWD (+$1000),
    5 spoke 18' wheels vs your 7 (-$100),
    no cargo mat (-$100),
    and mine has Premium Plus package.
    Get them to throw in the cargo net (-$120) installed to your deal!
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    It was from Dallas. Contact person is Jerad. It was 2007 model. 2008 RX 350 with Premium package and Navigation Drive out would be $43300.
  • bundynike13bundynike13 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the process of buying a 350 RX(prem.plus and nav. system) at the Rockville dealership. I'm paying $40,900+tags and taxes. Nice dealership..better than Pohanka and Lindsey.
  • bundynike13bundynike13 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the process of getting the same deal from this dealer but they waived the $100 doc. fees. What was your final price with the tags,taxes and registration? Are you happy with your car and the dealership? Thanks
  • coolblue123coolblue123 Member Posts: 20
    hi bundynike13 and crackberry. I am interested in getting the same deal. Can you email me your rep and does th 40,900 include dest charge as well? So all I pay is 40,900 + tax and tags? thx for the reply. i think that's the best price i've heard so far! I think also, they may work w/ you more since the new highlander came out as well.
  • eastgurleastgurl Member Posts: 2
    What is the MSRP on the $40,900 you paid? Thanks.
    Hi Coolblue123 - It's KrisV...looks like we've both decided the Lexus won out over the MDX. Did you ever get the name of the rep at Rockville? Sounds like they are giving great deals and we're willing to travel to get the best one. If you can email me the name or post here that would be great.
  • kostyankostyan Member Posts: 6
    After not being able to find a nice 2005 for low 30's, I would like to find an 07 for 2500 under invoice. I am looking for AWD NAV only....local dealers do not have any 07s left over.

Does anyone know where 2007s can still be found in stock?

I am in Baltimore MD
    Good Luck trying to find an '07. The 2008's came out in February of this year so that's why you are having trouble finding an '07. You might want to look on Autotrader.com and search for New 2007's there.
  • rostikbrostikb Member Posts: 8
    Please share the details, dealership names, prices paid and options included.

I'm shooting for a '08 RX 350 AWD Premium + without NAV, entertainment system and rear camera.

Thanks!
  • coolblue123coolblue123 Member Posts: 20
    Hi KrisV: Yeah, the wife won this war. I was looking at the new Highlander as well. It's a very plushy vehicle. But after all the options we've added it came up to 3K less than the RX. So the RX won. I am dealing w/ Jim over at Rockville. Very nice guy. No pressure, very easy going. I haven't purchased yet because, I am guesing the price of the RX will go down further as the Highlander becomes more popular. I am also interested in finding out what's this year's Dec. event going to offer as well. So I have some time to wait. We'll see.

But the Highlander is really worth looking into. The only complaint I have is the second row seating has turned into 2 individual seats instead of bench-style. More comfy but have to stretch to take care of kid in childseat.
  • eastwingeastwing Member Posts: 78
    Since you compared Lexus and Highlander in your post, I want to add my observations: for similarly configured cars, the quote I got for RX350 is 41,100, and for Highlander Limited 4x4 is 37,334, less than 4k difference. But note that Highlander is the new model, the same frame the next-generation RX will ride on, while the RX is the last-year model. I don't want to elaborate the differences of new vs. old models since this is a price paid forum, but it is good to drive a new-model instea of a old model....
  • lexsurx350lexsurx350 Member Posts: 2
    Folks,

Last week we bought Lexus RX 350 AWD, bought for $500 less than the below invoice, with 2 extra service and tank filled, in chicagoland area. Wondering if any one got a better deal?
    I got so much help from here and thought would share my research. I know, week of 9/23/2007 would be a better time to buy as it is the final of the qtr, when they would like to meet the incentive targets.

Invoice (* items are negotiable)
    =======
    Base: 33,174
    Dealer hold Back: 766 *
    Whlsale Finance: 388 **
    Premium Pkg: 1,120
    Heatedats & RS: 532
    Tow Pkg: 128
    Cargo Mats: 55
    Wheel Lock: 41
    Destination: 765
    Toyota Advt: 582 ***
    ==========================
    Total: 37,551
    ==========================
    Note: They said invoice for the above pkg is $37,561.
    Navigation Invoice quote was: $40,659
    * - Money Dealer gets back from Toyota after the sale
    ** - Money Dealer gets if you make a credit application
    *** - One dealer said it is $515. Dont know if this is something you can negotiate or may be not, so marking it starred.

Spoke to all dealers nearby, and provided the dealer's internet managers multiple links from this forum. Here is my list of dealers: Woodfield, , Naperville, Bredemann, McGrath westmont and chicago, Arlington ,Peoria.
    I visited few of them and Arligton was the worst in terms of waiting you out and test your patience. I had a very similar experience with Honda in Schaumburg 2 years before. Seen all over the internet that BobRohrman dealerships are bad plus they ripe you off in service. The Peoria Lexus manager was pre-conceived that i would not buy from him since I am calling from chicago area, wheareas i would have bought from him if he had the right price. Come dealers mature - your trick of service etc., is standard requirements from management. Every dealer has to meet the std, if not you are fired.
    As for the car - it is made by toyota and no question on quality. It is great!!!!

Another thing:
    ==============
    Save your $39.99 to be spent on "FightingChance". If you were planning to buy do not buy. It does not give the entire break down like the one above. They infact roll up the first 3 items making me beleive that $34,338 is the invoice price. I got tricked into their cut right pre-buying conditions - led me to beleive they know a lot more. The other info they have is easily available in edmunds.com and http://www.carbuyingtips.com
  • tommyudotommyudo Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

Just wanted to share my experience. Bought at Prestige in Ramsey NJ. Salesman was Andrew Floyd. Car is a silver '08 AWD RX-350 with Nav, Premium Plus, Towing, 7-spoke wheels, Heated seats with RS wipers, cargo mat and wheel locks. MSRP was $45, 866. We paid $40,500 before taxes and tags.

Tom
  • kobukkobuk Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,
    Got tons of help from this forum. Time to give my experience. Just bought the rx350 last weekend from Seattle dealer (not the Bellevue one).

2008 AWD 350
    Premium Plus package
    NAV
    Liquid grahite 18" 7 spoke
    Towing prep
    Cargo mat
    Wheel lock
    Heat front seat and rain sensoring wiper
    MSRP + Destination: 45,101 + 715 = 45,816
    Price paid: 40975 + tax on 9.25% + 50 doc + 180 license = 44,980 (around).

They are very professional and helpful. Just showed my quoted price from another dealer and get the price match immediately. The process is very straighforward, highly recommend them.

Btw, there is an option to install the transparent 3M film paint protection for fron hood. It looks good but charge $1290 on this, does anyone try it before and do you think it is worth it? thanks.
  • erick721erick721 Member Posts: 1
    Tom,

Can you give me a contact information of the dealer? Please, e-mail me. sjhong721@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Erick
  • ajeetshr1ajeetshr1 Member Posts: 5
    Were you able to buy? I got a 40,300$ price from North shore wilwaukee, without taxes etc, performance package (premium plus)correction 41,300
    Has anybody bought a RX350 2008, performance (premium plus package deal) in WI or Chicago area,advise please
    :confuse: Anybody bought a 2008RX in WI/IL/MN area? I have been offered a price of 39,000 Premium (Lux value) without NAV,with cruise.Includes destination charge. Title/Taxes/Reg extra. Any comments? I have a RX300,53K miles trade in offered 18.8K? Any comments on the package deal or suggestions
  • stormylolostormylolo Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a Program car that will be certified with 14,000 miles. This car was used as the loaner for my local dealership. Has the premium package.

Out the door price is 34,200.00. Is this a good deal?

My other choice is w/toyota: 4Runner - limited model, '07 new, out the door price 32,600.00. MSRP is 39,036.00

not sure which is better - help and thanks."

Stormylolo
    Sounds very reasonable,
  • stormylolostormylolo Member Posts: 3
    Which part sounds reasonable? the lexus RX350 or the Limited 4Runner. thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Have you driven both of these vehicles?

In my experience, the 4Runner is a much less refined ride than the RX.. Not necessarily a bad thing... Much better AWD system and more rugged.

For the price, I'd take the new 4Runner over the demo RX..

But, that's just me...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aven20aven20 Member Posts: 1
    Please share with me your experience if you bought the car in mass area recently or you got better quote than mine.

I'm looking for 2008 RX350 AWD w/Nav + Premium plus in Massachusetts area. MSRP is $45,866. Got several quotes from local dealers. Best quote is $41,300. Although we noticed that the base invoice is $33,174 on one dealer's invoice, other dealers won't admit it. They insist $34,338 is the real base invoice as found at edmund.com/cars.com/Autos.msn.com. Any good advice to negotiate the price down?

2008 RX350 AWD
    Premium Plus package
    NAV
    Liquid grahite 18" 7 spoke
    Heat front seats w/ rain sensoring wiper
    Towing prep
    Cargo mat
    Wheel lock
    MSRP + Destination: 45,101 + 765 = 45,866
  • jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
    Looking for 2008 RX350 premium plus. Willing to travel anywhere within california to get the best deal. I hear people are getting less than invoice price. Since this is the final year model clearance, it should be possible to get well below invoice. Anyone who got any good deals in CA, please post. thanks in advance.
  • env_engrenv_engr Member Posts: 12
    Here is the deal I got in first week of August from Lexus Glendale, CA.

2008 RX 350 FWD
    Premiuim plus package, navigation system, 18 inch wheels, heated seats with rain sensing wipers, wheel locks, cargo mat, tow prep package.

MSRP - $44,306
    Dealer Invoice - $39,513
    Price Paid - $38,213
    Doc prep fee - $55
    Sales Tax (CA 8.25%) - $3157
    DMV electronic filing fee - $28
    License fee - $301
    CA tire fee - $8.75
    Smog fee - $12

TOTAL OUT THE DOOR - $41,775
  • ajeetshr33ajeetshr33 Member Posts: 1
    The RX350
    Looking for feedback on the following deal...

2008 RX350 AWD with Navigation System, Premium Plus, Rear DVD Entertainment System, Heated Front Seats/Rain Sensing Wipers, Wheel Locks, Cargo Mat, Liquid Graphite Finish 18" Alloy Wheels, Towing Prep Package, Tow Hitch Receiver w/ Ball Mount

MSRP $48021
    Invoice $41361
    Dealer Quote $42877 +++
  • jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
    thanks for the info. enjoy your car.
    This is a excellent deal, I live in Green Bay, looking at the NAV package, could you please tell me the dealer,Thanks Ajeet
  • manjpawmanjpaw Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Even I am planning to buy Lexus RX 350 from chicago area. I got quote of around 42000 from McGrath. Could you kindly tell me the name of dealer (if possible sales person also) where you got this price? It will help a lot.

Thanks

Manjiri
  • akula34akula34 Member Posts: 2
    After using much information gathered on this forum, I just bought my new 2008 Lexus RX350 AWD. Here is the pricing breakdown:
    2008 Lexus RX 350: Everything except Mark Levinson & Rear DVD. Includes 7 spoke Liquid Graphite wheels.
    MSRP: $45,866. (Invoice $40,907.00, Paid $40,907.00)
    7 year/100,000 mile Lexus Platinum Warranty, $0 deductible: MSRP $2875, Paid $1800
    Cargo Tray: $99 (I have a dog), Paid $0
    Documentation Fee: $55.00
    License Fee: $49.00
    Registration Fee: $12.00
    California Tire Fee: $8.75
    Active Duty Military Discount for financing through Lexus Financial: -$750.

Total MSRP OTD (MSRP + Tax & Fees): $52,754.11
    Total Paid OTD (including Tax & Fees): $45,256.31
    Total off (off MSRP + saved taxes:$7,497.80

I know I probably have negotiated a little bit more, but it's tough to find an AWD with all the options that we wanted in California. Turns out not many people here want AWD. We're from the Northeast and I'm in the military, so you never know where we'd end up. Ordered it from Lexus in Carlsbad. Called ahead and let them know the price I wanted, salesperson was great. From in the door in the showroom to out the door, paperwork in hand: one hour exactly. Great buying experience. We pick it up some time next week.
    Hi Congratulations.

I bought my RX 350 from Lexus in Glendale, CA. I paid $301 for License and another $28 for Elctronic filing to DMV. I see that you paid only $49? Was I overcharged for the License? But, when I got my registration in mail I saw on the registration card that the fee paid was $301. So, I think that is correct fee and may be you got a reduced fee on your purchase.

Anyways, please let me know.
    THIS IS ABOUT THE SAME PRICE I PAID FOR MINE IN CALIF AND SINCE I BROUGHT IT, I FEEL LIKE I PAY ABOUT 2,000 TOO MUCH. INFORMATION ABOUT MY CAR IS #915, THE CAR WAS BROUGHT LOADED. GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS.
  • akula34akula34 Member Posts: 2
    No, I'm a New York State resident, so I received a discount on the license fee. Non-resident registration as active duty military. I'm pretty happy with the deal. I probably could have negotiated a little bit more (all weather mats, maybe another couple hundred). But it was the car that we wanted and I liked the sales guy.
  • teamtboteamtbo Member Posts: 78
    Hi Env_Engr, Was your RX on the lot or did they have to order it for you?

By the way, are you an environmental engineer? I studied it in college but ended up in high tech.
    Yes the RX 350 is a Breakwater blue and was picked up from the lot. Infact, they had two vehicles on the lot of the same configuration that I wanted, both made in Japan (JTJ VIN).

Yes, I am an Environmental Engineer working in water/wastewater field. By not choosing Env Engg, you have missed out on a lot of exciting stuff...remember the treatment plants? ;)
  • teamtboteamtbo Member Posts: 78
    env_engr: Good choice on the breakwater blue - that is what I am looking for too. By the way, how many times did you have to go back and forth with the dealer to get below invoice?

Yah, how could I forget the treatment plants! ;-)
    Well..I did negotiate with a couple of other dealers, everything done over phone. I almost had about $2,000 off of invoice from Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys, but when I went to close the deal, I did not like the attitude of the manager there. So, walked away from Keyes and talked to the other two dealers and finally sealed the deal with Lexus Glendale at $1,300 below invoice. All the negotiations were spread over 4-5 days from start.