Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jeksjeks Member Posts: 3
    I too got a great deal on an '09 RX 350 (no nav) at Lexus of Rockville. I worked with Sam, and he was great. Definitely gave me a better feeling than many of the other shadier dealers out there.
  • Options
    jpzy3jpzy3 Member Posts: 11
    > well, the new law passed regarding deductible car loan interest and sales taxes should change the monthly cost a bit downward if financing...

i didn't know about this new law. is it across all states?
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I agree with you on this one. the new 2010 looks aggressive and doesn't look so-soccer-mom-ish. it looks alot better in person than in pic. if they clean up the rear in 2011 and add some wood in the interior, i might take a bite.

X6 on the other hand looks very cramped in the back and with even less cargo space than rx. just from pics, it looks like rear passengers will have to duck their head when they sit.

if i had to choose, i'd pick the rx over x6

But still, women choose it more then men do, or should I add, ladies buy all kinds of suvs, these days, I've seen them driving LX570 ,x6 v8s to cayenne turbos.

Yes, the X6 doesn't have enough space at the back, but no1 buys an x6 for cargo space.

A 6 ft tall guy can easily fit in the back of the x6, if you don't believe me, go see for yourself.

If you need rear seat passengers in comfort, RX is the way to go, otherwise, the X6 driving experience is amazing :)
  • Options
    juancitowjuancitow Member Posts: 13
    Go to the research vehicle page and next to the vehicle picture is a link to "check inventory". Plug in your specs and it will search for you. Good luck.
  • Options
    soonercatsoonercat Member Posts: 48
    59% is correct, dealer was bragging this to me as high and good for me. I am not so thrilled to pay 41% depreciation plus interest for driving a $47,000 car for three years. A residual of $27,730 would be OK if the dealers were discounting significantly to say $43,000 for a NAVI. I agree BMW lowered theirs in light of recent hits. I lease a 2007 328i stick that has a residual of $26,000 (63% of MSRP)after 3 years, but I got a significant discount on top of that, plus a low money factor.
    You can buy one right now for $22,000. The lexus has a high MF and little discount. I figure $800 per month with a zero down lease on one with taxes included. Plus if you purchase the taxes are deductable for 2009 while lease taxes are not deductable. One advantage of leasing is, no future worry if economy collapses. However, not sure the advantage of anything in that scenario. Just some thoughts...
  • Options
    smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    Not much reporting on actual driving. We will probably buy one or maybe a Venza. My concern is that they are both new models and may have some bugs to work out. Have sales figures been published? Are people buying in this economy? Are dealers offering discounts? I'll most likely wait until summer when more info available. When will Edmonds do a review?
  • Options
    natonato Member Posts: 9
    When was this deduction on interest on car loans was passed???

It was only sales tax, which gives a benefit of only 400$ for qualified people only
  • Options
    sealbeach_lasealbeach_la Member Posts: 7
    Runner19:

Would appreciate if you can please PM me your contact @ Lexus of Rockville
  • Options
    runner19runner19 Member Posts: 2
    send me an e-mail at hganta@gmail.com and I will get you the information
  • Options
    sport11sport11 Member Posts: 4
    I would like to know the current purchase price for 2010 RX AWD with navigation in North Carolina. The dealer quoted $46K as MSRP when I test drove. The invoice was around 42K+taxes etc.

Does anyone know what would be a realistic price in the current market? I see some postings indicating @ or below the invoice as purchase. Appreciate some words of wisdom.
  • Options
    md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Hey sport11,
    You are not likely to see a deal at invoice or below for a 2010 RX. This is Lexus' newest vehicle so your best deal is probably invoice PLUS $500 to $1000 and that may be hard to come by if the dealer is selling any above that price. Check edmunds.com for a better idea of invoice, I believe there is about a $5000 to $5500 gap between MSRP and Invoice for a $46K RX350. One tactic is to email several dealers' Internet departments and get quotes to compare. See if the dealers will beat their competition. Good luck.
  • Options
    rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    I believe you can negotiate a few thousand off list, but doubt you will be able to buy for $500-$1000 over invoice. The dealers have probably not built up inventory yet.

Please kep us informed.
  • Options
    lall_joelall_joe Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know if dealers in NY/NJ/CT area have 2009 RX350 models left ? Did anyone have a good experience with any dealer in obtaining a good deal on this model ? Any help will be appreciated. You can also email me at lall_joe@hotmail.com. Thanks.
  • Options
    hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    I'm looking for a good deal in Atlanta for 09 RX350? Do you still have access to any? I don't need NAV jtessler@comcast.net
  • Options
    my3grlzmy3grlz Member Posts: 21
    I went to the AutoShow in Baltimore in February and fell in love with this crossover. Have you heard of United Buying Service (ubs4cars.com)? They will give you a certificate for almost any car, tell you which dealership to go to and you are supposed to get a cheaper price than the MSRP. Now I think it's only in MD,DC,VA, but there may be other types of companies out there...and it's free. Check with your credit unions or financial institutions...you'd be surprised!

There was a downside to my experience with the dealer they listed...they didn't want to give me anything decent off the RX. They told me they would give $1,200 off $47k...I told them um, that's not a deal. They said the vehicle just came out and they aren't discounting the 2010, however, the discounts for the 2009 RX350 ranged from $9600 to $9800 off their MSRP. I told them they have the wrong person on the wrong day... I walked out.

The good news, I contacted a different Lexus dealer, also in Virgina and I told the salesperson what I wanted, she quoted the MSRP at $47,091 but will sell for $44,900. I told her all I had was a check in hand for $45,000 and her new sales manager agreed to sell it to me for $40,900 (with tax, tags, title) = $45,000. I was told the car would be there on Saturday...so I'll post again once I get it and let you know if they kept their word. This is without the UBS certificate... bottom line, if the dealership is hungry for the sale, they will do whatever they need to do to get you in the car!
  • Options
    md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Hey my3grlz,
    Good luck - that would be a fantastic deal if they keep their word! What dealer is it? If it doesn't work out, I have always gotten a good price from the Internet person at Len Stoler Lexus in Owings Mills, MD (near Baltimore). Ask for an email quote - it should be competitive.
  • Options
    Please confirm-are you saying you expect to purchase a new 2010 RX for $40900 (plus tax, title, etc) that lists for $47091. Local dealers will give $2-3000 off.

Two dealers have told me they are working on about a $5000 markup from invoice.I look forward to hearing from you.
  • Options
    Hi there Md_Outback,

That's what I was told... The proof will be after my appointment with them on Saturday. I'm a firm believer that dealerships can do whatever it is they want. You can be that out of 10 carbuyers, only 3 have done the research to get a good deal. Many others will believe what they ask for and think $500 -$1000 is all they can received. Not me! I told them I have cash in hand (certified check that is) for $45,000. The salesperson said her manager will reduce the price to get me out the door at $45,000. They would lower it to $40,900 (or $41,900) to get me out the door at $45,000 (6% taxes, and whatever tags and title costs).

Matador Red, Parchment Leather: Navigation Pkg with add't options (Nav, premium, comfort, tow prep, 12-spk 6-disc, remote engine starter) ~ MSRP $47,091..

I'll post on Saturday on if they were true to their word or not. I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    Will be interesting.

Please let us know the actual MSRP and true discount before all fees.

Looking forward to hearing from you, as I am sure you are looking forward to purchasing the car at the price you indicated.
  • Options
    hal56hal56 Member Posts: 94
    I too am interested, I have the hybrid model on order. I have it on order from two dealers who are about 50 miles apart-either side of where i live--and I buy it from whoever gives me the best deal.
  • Options
    xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    That will be a deal of the year so far if you can pull it off. I'm going to deploy the same tactic next time I shop for a car or I'll hire you to negotiate for me. :)

Once you succeed getting your car, would you mind listing which options(codes, if you can) you got? Thanks and good luck!
  • Options
    Hi all, Here's the update. The old "bait and hook" was in true form today. I went to the dealer, to pick up the RX that I was told was in and would be sold to me for $45K out the door. When I sat down, my salesperson said ~ "Oh, the one you wanted is at the port and will be here by Tuesday. Sorry, I thought the one you wanted was already here, however, we can still complete the deal as approved". A new car sales manager comes over and we discuss the price. He says, "Look, in order for you to get the price we agreed upon I will have to charge you less than what we brought the car for". I said if you want the sale you'd honor your word. Long story short, he was trying to charge me an additional $1,000 ($46K). I wasn't having that. He squirmed and tried to get my business saying this would be a one-of-a kind, first-time deal. We went back and forward for about 30 minutes with a purchase order handwritten by my salesperson that showed $42,090 + taxes, tags, title and fees....it totaled $45,009. He wasn't allowing it to move any further, and there was no deal!

So, no new car for me!!!! At least not this week. I told them, my offer is firm ~ and he said, "You're willing to pass up a Lexus because of $1,000"? I countered with, no, you're willing to pass up selling one because of $1,000.
  • Options
    I was looking forward to learning what happened. Thank you for sharing What was the MSRP of the car they switched you to. I think, aside from holdback, the dealers are working on round $5000 more or less. Maybe tell them the car that is coming in Tuesday you will take for the $45,000. I am surprised that Lexus would bait and switch.I wonder if "your" car was scheduled to be available on Sat.

Please continue to keep us informed and thanks again.
  • Options
    Hello,

You must be really disappointed, you went to pick up your new car but the sales person comes and tells you that this is not the car, next thing you know, they're trying to charge you an additional $1000.

Whats your plan now? Going to go to another dealer?

Btw, what color did you choose?
  • Options
    bigboss001bigboss001 Member Posts: 12
    Hang in there, my3grlz. Was the dealer you went to busy at all? I went to the dealer (in Dallas) this afternoon to see the new RX350 and saw only a couple of people there looking for new cars. This is Saturday afternoon, usually the busiest time for the car sales and it was so quiet there. Not many salesmen either. I bet they will call you back soon. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    I wouldn't let them switch me to another car. This is for the one I originally requested. The manager tried vary hard to give me any other car on the lot, however, none had the remote engine starter ~ which is why I requested the one with my options. I told him, this is what I wanted and nothing more. So the car that's coming Tuesday is supposedly the one I requested earlier in the week, but there was a mix up and the one they received (was $51k) was on the showroom floor. Come on, that was no mix up, I didn't ask for DVD players and it didn't have the remote engine starter. If "my" car did come in on Wednesday, the sold it before I got there today...that is a shady deal all by itself. I'm going to wait and see if they reach out to me on Tuesday.

I will let you know if they counter-offer me with anything else. My price stands, so it's up to them. I told him, honestly for every person that comes in here today, how many of them will have done their homework on this? He looked at me as if he wanted to faint! I then said, exactly...so for one person to get a deal isn't going to make or break this dealership.

I'm also waiting for UBS to investigate the deal from the other dealership. I'll also let you know what I find out from there too, when they get back to me. ;)
  • Options
    Thx Bigboss001. I'm pretty tough. Told one salesperson I'm not easily intimidated or excited so bring it! Yes the dealership was hopping with folks and they had at least 5-6 managers on duty. I'll let you know how the story unravels.

My brother brought a limited edition FJ Cruiser last summer. He drove from MD to Ohio to get the best deal out there. Now folks are trying to buy it from him, but he's not giving it up... I'm not willing to drive 9 hours to get a car, but I am willing to haggle for a few weeks to get what I want!
  • Options
    xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    I'm proud of you for standing up against the greasy con artists. Punish them for their dirty bait 'n switch trick. The time is on your side. The global economy isn't going to pick up any time soon.
  • Options
    Hi,

I was temporarily disappointed, but not shocked. Kinda pissed off because the salesperson confirmed last night that the RX had been received and was there. I drove an hour to get there!!!!

My brother warned me that it was likely to happen. So I had a backup plan... I went to the Audi dealer first to look at the new Q5. It was nice, however, I really like the Lexus. I test drove one for $45k, didn't have remote engine starter or ventilated seats...but almost evertyhing else similar to the RX (a little smaller in size I think). You don't see many of them, so that's a plus for me too. It has a mean panoramic sunroof where the whole top of the vehicle is glass...(I liked that alot). My brother asked could he sell it for $43k out the door....the salesman said if we make a deal right now....yes. Nonetheless, I left there and went to my Lexus appointment. So, I'm convinced a dealer will do whatever they need to if they want the sale. :shades:
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I myself was looking at the Q5, but it seems to be very small, like a compact car.

Since you liked the Q5 so much, why didn't you just take it? But I guess the RX will be a better car in the long term.

Have you seen bmw suvs?
  • Options
    bubba1948bubba1948 Member Posts: 2
    i understand but disagree somewhat with the comment about what is going to happen because of the global economy, at least in the short term. most lexus dealers i have worked in trying to put together a deal have had their allocations reduced and as a result, all the lots i have been on in the Phoenix area are basically empty. both of customers and cars. i have an rx on order but who knows when it might come in.

i also tried the q5 approach. great car, most impressive audio system i have ever encountered,(505 watt b+o), first system installed in a vehicle that i thought was as nice as a Levinson. the navigation system is three dimensional and uses a Nividia graphics chip. only problem with that was when i asked the salesman to program my home address in, after 10 minutes he gave up. also after 10 years in Lexus products, my wife said she is not going back to a german car seat no matter who designed it.

so we went to the toyota store to look at a highlander hybrid. sales guy told me that last week Toyota pulled what limited lease support they had for the vehicle because of concern for added losses due to residuals.

i just sold an ls460l for 10,0000 below wholesale because there are no buyers for expensive sedans. i will not purchase again unless it is used.

only the manufactures know what product mix they are planning in the future and if they are unwilling to bet on a car's residual, unless you are really planning on driving it for 10 years, better find a car you like with a company that will stand by the residual via a lease.

the rx lease with a 57% residual or the q5 which came in at a similar number, i thought were good deals. if i like the car and the deal after 3 years, i really didn't lose much by leasing.

as an additional curious note to the fellow looking at the q5. if you ask the Audi dealer about maintenance costs, he will tell you that the total maintenance for the car for 3 years is 680. if you load it into the lease, it bumps the residual by two points and the net cost is about 300 bucks. i with lexus had a deal like that, cause it looks like i am going to dance with the devil i know.

has anybody had any experience in getting lease pricing on the packages that aren't currently shipping, such as the luxury package with the folding mirrors.
  • Options
    i just sold an ls460l for 10,0000 below wholesale because there are no buyers for expensive sedans. i will not purchase again unless it is used

You sold your ls460l below wholesale price, WHY? :confuse:

Why does it matter to you that there are no expensive sedan buyers?

Just sold your LS because of the weak market conditions :surprise:
  • Options
    hal56hal56 Member Posts: 94
    We all love negotiation, don't we?

My best tactic ever was I was at a dealer and they gave me the price--ok but not great--so I told them I was going to lunch and would think about it--before I stood up the price came down a bit, nah--let me think about it--

what would it take for you to close it before lunch? yada yada--got to within 100 of my price.

bottom line--my style is not to push them into a corner--make them want to come to you.

I am waiting for a fairly loaded hybrid-probably 6-7 weeks away--I hope I am not too early in the hybrid sales so I can get a decent amount off--I know early in the model run it will not be the greatest discount--yet I know they will work with me.

All a matter of supply and demand--and who is more hungry. If they have cars sitting there--you can deal--some things do not change.
  • Options
    Just wondering-they wanted a $1000 more, but how much was the list price of the car you saw on Saturday vs the car you expected to purchase. I will be a bit surprised if any Lexus dealer gives much more than $3500 off list, at this time. In a few weeks when inventory builds up it might be different. Time will tell. Please keep all of us up to speed as to what happens.
  • Options
    Not a problem....

Where should I start...
    (1) The dealership I went to was the UBS dealership (meaning they were supposed to have the discount pricing), however, when I got there he didn't have the pricing, even after he told me he did ~ LIES. I need to know that I'm getting the UBS price if I'm going to the representative listed on my certificate.
    (2) I wanted the red one and the salesperson told me that the reds ones aren't popular so they don't stock them and the only two were both at the port and it would be a week before delivery ~ not a big deal, I could have waited, but I reverted back to #1.
    (3) I don't know much about the Audi, I was looking for a different alternative, I like the features, just didn't know if the price I was getting was truly a great deal or not; especially since the Prestige S-Line wasn't available at all. None of the models on the lot came with remote engine start (only the prestige has it, none was in the inventory).
    (4) Did I mention the salesman let me go on my testdrive alone, I got lost, didn't know how to use the nav system to get back????
    (5) I think the Lexus is the better buy for the money...in my opinion. It has more leg room in the back then when I was in the Audi (I have three girls). Who else makes ventilated seats (cooling seats, that sounds like an amazing feature).

I was hooked on the BMW for two years...couldn't wait for my lease to expire to buy it. However, after the auto show...my desire to have one diminished. The BMW rides well and the maintenance package is a great offer...but nothing stands out aesthetically like the Lexus or Audi. THe X6 is really, I mean really nice, but it's a 4-seater...who makes a 4-seater? Plus all the BMWs I've looked at for over a year were $10-$12K more than the Lexus and Audi.

I'm not sure where I'll end up with this car-buying venture... I have my fingers crossed that the Lexus dealer will contact me on Tuesday, but if not, I will do more research on the Audi.

I think these forums are a great help and resource.
  • Options
    That's the problem...it was the same vehicle at $47,091 MSRP. They never showed me another car (because I wouldn't allow them to). I wanted the one they told me was in (that had all my options). Managers (salespersons included) need to be upfront with what they are willing to do. The manager knew he wasn't willing to part with that car for that amount of money....however, he thought if he got me in there I'd be a sucker for what they were offering. I do know the Lexus is quite popular, but had they said my offer was unrealistic I wouldn't have gone searching for it. He had the nerve to ask if he could offer me Lexus' financing. I told him, unless you're giving me 0-2.9% then I'm not interested. My credit union gave me 3.99%.

One dealership said that Lexus was sparingly putting them out to keep the prices high ~ not sure how true it is or isn't.

I've got nothing but time.
  • Options
    The bottom line is they went up $1000. The discount they offered, I think was still a good price, but I fully realize this is not the point. I would have asked for the general manager of the dealership (not the sales manager) and told that person that you do not expect to be told a car is in stock at an already agreed upon price and the story changed when you drove one hour to purchase the car; that you do not expect a Lexus dealer to treat you this way and then ask how they think Lexus corporate would feel about bait and switch tactics.

My experience is that the dealers do not want anything negative communicated to Lexus corporate; that dealers will do everything possible to keep customers happy.

Seven-ten days ago a local dealer told me that inventory would built up toward the end of March.

Aside from getting lost what did you think of your test drive of the vehicle.Had you compared the 2010 vehicle to previous years.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
  • Options
    sport11sport11 Member Posts: 4
    Well, we went back to the dealer yesterday to purchase the RX. We looked at one with all leather interior and 19" alloy wheels (Premium Pkg) and Navigation system. The dealer quoted it $49,700 (or closer to that) including taxes etc-Out of the door. Our offer was $42,000. We did not spend whole lot of time going back and forth as the dealer said the gap was too much to bridge, and the salesman inquired if we were ready to split the difference. I told him that I would stay closer to my offer rather than splitting. The dealer did not agree and we walked out.

I liked the RX350AWD I drove. However, did not believe the MSRP is the starting point for purchase. As in the past, I would prefer to start @ the in voice price.

I will begin my car purchase quest in earnest now!
  • Options
    What was the MSRP? What do you feel is a reasonable price to pay over invoice?

A couple of years ago a Lexus dealer let me walk over $300. I left and returned within a short time as I knew that I had negotiated the best deal possible since they let me out for a few hundred bucks. By referring to this forum, I knew I had a great price and just tried to do a bit better.
  • Options
    Thank you for the details.

(4) Did I mention the salesman let me go on my testdrive alone, I got lost, didn't know how to use the nav system to get back????

Driving the RX or the Q5?

THe X6 is really, I mean really nice, but it's a 4-seater...who makes a 4-seater? Plus all the BMWs I've looked at for over a year were $10-$12K more than the Lexus and Audi.

Your the first person I know who doesn't hate the X6, I myself love the x6, but there are some issues, I've mentioned them before

After I test the x6, the sales guy tells me there have been some issues on the x6, engine heating problems, and advised not to buy it :surprise: :blush: :confuse:

To be truthful I still want the x6, but can't afford the troubles. :sick:
  • Options
    I said I was going to call the corporate office because the salesperson and I had a verbal agreement (supposedly with the manager's consent as well).

On another note, the Audi salesperson called me today to see if there was anything he could do to earn my business. I told him I wanted to see the red one in person. He's having the one in PA sent up here by Tuesday for me to look at.

The Q5 was a nice ride (especially if you like the vrooming engine sound). Its interior is a bit smaller than the RX, but it has some amazing features that I like, if I choose to pass up the RX. The one downside, no remote engine starter (my garage is so crowded there's no room for a car ~ go figure). The 2009 Q5 is new for Audi, so there's nothing to compare it to.

I think the investment would be a good one...and if not, I can pass it to my daughter in about 4 years and start over!
  • Options
    The Q5... The salesperson said they don't go on test drives with the consumer on Saturdays. So I went down several streets, made a few turns and then I was lost.... some parts of VA can have you turned around and miles out the way. I tried to use the nav, but I couldn't program it correctly...

The X6... I haven't researched it much. I went to see it last summer when they got them in at the dealer by my house and thought AWESOME. Then I realized it was a 4-seater and thought, well I guess I can wait a few years. I didn't read the reviews, but I'd assume for that amount of money it should be a "well-oiled machine" ~ LOL. I don't care if the maintenace is free, I don't want my car to spend half it's useful life in the shop. Thanks for sharing the issues, I wasn't aware of them at all!
  • Options
    I'm with you.... I'm not paying what they're asking, they can get over on the next consumer.

What's your next desire if you pass up on the RX350?
  • Options
    If you call corporate, please let us know their response.
    A dealer that I visited a month ago called today and told me inventory is building and they will now discount by thousands.
  • Options
    bigboss001bigboss001 Member Posts: 12
    A dealer that I visited a month ago called today and told me inventory is building and they will now discount by thousands.

Coolio...month end is also approaching...dealers need to meet their numbers....you really got a call from the dealer today? It's Sunday, they must be desperate.
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    my3grlz, I went this morning to take a look at the new Audi Q5's that were on the lot. This was before the dealership was open as
    I'm not ready to seriously start shopping for my next car yet. I only found three on the lot.

When I was looking at pics of the interior on the internet previously, it looked as though the Q5 had a push-button ignition on the console by the shifter, if I'm remembering right.

Today, I looked for that and couldn't really make out a specific button on the shifter console for that, and yet I didn't see an ignition switch by the steering column either. Does the Q5 come
    with the push-button ignition and if so, where is it located??

I also went to see if there were any 2010 RX's on the Lexus lot.
    I saw a Starfire Pearl one. I'm having an issue with the 2010 exterior looks. I've seen pics of it in Motor Trend and Car and Driver and it looks really nice in the pictures. In fact, I believe there's a Matador Red one in Car and Driver or Motor Trend, I get them mixed up; and, boy, does it look nice. But when I've seen this car up front in person, it leaves me feeling disappointed. I can't put a finger on this one. I mean, the car is
    very similar to my current RX, but something's a little off to me and I'm not sure I'm liking it.

I also looked at the Venza, and I really liked the Venza, except there's no memory seats offerred and I really like having that.
  • Options
    I basically said sales must be slow, but was told we call all customers and sales are fine. What else would they say? However, I suspect things are quite slow to have a sales manager call on Sunday who I had never spoken with.

What do you think a reasonable markup over invoice is for the RX?
  • Options
    The Q5... The salesperson said they don't go on test drives with the consumer on Saturdays. So I went down several streets, made a few turns and then I was lost.... some parts of VA can have you turned around and miles out the way. I tried to use the nav, but I couldn't program it correctly...

The X6... I haven't researched it much. I went to see it last summer when they got them in at the dealer by my house and thought AWESOME. Then I realized it was a 4-seater and thought, well I guess I can wait a few years. I didn't read the reviews, but I'd assume for that amount of money it should be a "well-oiled machine" ~ LOL. I don't care if the maintenace is free, I don't want my car to spend half it's useful life in the shop. Thanks for sharing the issues, I wasn't aware of them at all!

Those issues are true, otherwise a bmw sales guy would never tell you such a thing, at first I didn't even believe how he told me such a secret thing, after all, the first thing a sales person does is goes after his profit, but this guy was different.

The disappointing thing was I really liked the car, but I can't live with a brand new, expensive, unreliable car, especially in a long drive on a highway in the middle of nowhere.

He added that its not a daily using car, won't be the same within 1 or 2 years, but the engine heating problem on a long drive is something really worrying.

Btw, are you a Woman? Most RX buyers are.
  • Options
    eyedoc4eyedoc4 Member Posts: 3
    The Q5 comes with push-button start and the smart key only if you order the Prestige package. So to get this feature you have to get the 19 inch wheels ( which do look better but may stiffen the ride as the tire is a lower profile) and the Bang and Olufsen stereo. The Prestige package comes with the Navigation system but if you add Navigation to the Premium Plus package you are still $4000 less. That little start button thus costs you 4 grand.
    The Q5 looks much better than the new RX and the interior is nicer. The new RX dash is beyond ugly. One thing is to drive around in a car that looks slightly off, you don't see the outside, but you have to stare at that crazy dashboard all the time. I have the RX 330 and just don't like what they did to the 2010 car.
  • Options
    Latest update ~ I typed up a long letter addressed to the dealer's owner, sent it to both general managers and Lexus' customer satification division. This eveing the owner of the dealer left me message to contact him. I'll be calling first thing in the morning. I'll keep you posted!