Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Highlander Lease

pryorjordanpryorjordan Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Toyota
Hi Guys, I'm looking for the RV and MF for a 2018 FWD Highlander LE and XLE in 76244. 36/15. Also, I've read that in Texas you have to pay sales tax on the full cap cost. Seems really unfair to charge that on a lease. Is there any way around that?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,897

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the RV and MF for a 2018 FWD Highlander LE and XLE in 76244. 36/15. Also, I've read that in Texas you have to pay sales tax on the full cap cost. Seems really unfair to charge that on a lease. Is there any way around that?

Thanks in advance.

.00180 and 60% (LE) or 59% (XLE)

Move to Louisiana. :sunglasses:

There are a few states that tax the full selling price. Nothing you can do about it, other than not lease. Texas sometimes offers tax credits, lowering the rate from 6.25% to 1.25%. Generally on luxury brands, however.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• What if I leased the car in another state?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 131,061

What if I leased the car in another state?

Won't matter. You pay tax on where you register it.

I'm not sure I would lease in TX. Seems like it would be more cost effective to own the vehicle.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ValguyValguy NyPosts: 13
    Hello 2018 highlander le awd mf and res.for 36/15 upstate N.Y. any lease cash thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 131,061
    Valguy said:

Hello 2018 highlander le awd mf and res.for 36/15 upstate N.Y. any lease cash thanks

.00024 MF and 59% residual

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator