Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Highlander Lease

pryorjordanpryorjordan Member Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Toyota
Hi Guys, I'm looking for the RV and MF for a 2018 FWD Highlander LE and XLE in 76244. 36/15. Also, I've read that in Texas you have to pay sales tax on the full cap cost. Seems really unfair to charge that on a lease. Is there any way around that?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the RV and MF for a 2018 FWD Highlander LE and XLE in 76244. 36/15. Also, I've read that in Texas you have to pay sales tax on the full cap cost. Seems really unfair to charge that on a lease. Is there any way around that?

Thanks in advance.

.00180 and 60% (LE) or 59% (XLE)

Move to Louisiana. :sunglasses:

There are a few states that tax the full selling price. Nothing you can do about it, other than not lease. Texas sometimes offers tax credits, lowering the rate from 6.25% to 1.25%. Generally on luxury brands, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    pryorjordanpryorjordan Member Posts: 4
    What if I leased the car in another state?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287

What if I leased the car in another state?

Won't matter. You pay tax on where you register it.

I'm not sure I would lease in TX. Seems like it would be more cost effective to own the vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ValguyValguy Member Posts: 16
    Hello 2018 highlander le awd mf and res.for 36/15 upstate N.Y. any lease cash thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287
    Valguy said:

Hello 2018 highlander le awd mf and res.for 36/15 upstate N.Y. any lease cash thanks

.00024 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator