Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Leasing a Macan... a Good Idea?

BestwaterBestwater Posts: 9
edited August 2018 in Porsche
Hi All,

I'm considering to lease a Macan-- either the base model or the Macan S. I know the Macan S is more expensive, but when I used the online building tool, it came about 3k more which is kind of acceptable to me.

Can anyone provide me the MF and residual on both models? My ideal lease term is 36 months and 12k a year, but I'm quite flexible on that (I was told this would be the best term to lease a car, but I'm open to other terms)

Thanks!
«1

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    Bestwater said:

    Hi All,

    I'm considering to lease a Macan-- either the base model or the Macan S. I know the Macan S is more expensive, but when I used the online building tool, it came about 3k more which is kind of acceptable to me.

    Can anyone provide me the MF and residual on both models? My ideal lease term is 36 months and 12k a year, but I'm quite flexible on that (I was told this would be the best term to lease a car, but I'm open to other terms)

    Thanks!

    What ZIP code?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Michaell said:

    Bestwater said:

    Hi All,

    I'm considering to lease a Macan-- either the base model or the Macan S. I know the Macan S is more expensive, but when I used the online building tool, it came about 3k more which is kind of acceptable to me.

    Can anyone provide me the MF and residual on both models? My ideal lease term is 36 months and 12k a year, but I'm quite flexible on that (I was told this would be the best term to lease a car, but I'm open to other terms)

    Thanks!

    What ZIP code?
    Zip code is 98059. I'm also considering the GLC coupe (thanks for helping me on that forum as well :))
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Bestwater said:

    Michaell said:

    Bestwater said:

    Hi All,

    I'm considering to lease a Macan-- either the base model or the Macan S. I know the Macan S is more expensive, but when I used the online building tool, it came about 3k more which is kind of acceptable to me.

    Can anyone provide me the MF and residual on both models? My ideal lease term is 36 months and 12k a year, but I'm quite flexible on that (I was told this would be the best term to lease a car, but I'm open to other terms)

    Thanks!

    What ZIP code?
    Zip code is 98059. I'm also considering the GLC coupe (thanks for helping me on that forum as well :))
    .00240 MF and 60% residual for either model.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdx said:

    Bestwater said:

    Michaell said:

    Bestwater said:

    Hi All,

    I'm considering to lease a Macan-- either the base model or the Macan S. I know the Macan S is more expensive, but when I used the online building tool, it came about 3k more which is kind of acceptable to me.

    Can anyone provide me the MF and residual on both models? My ideal lease term is 36 months and 12k a year, but I'm quite flexible on that (I was told this would be the best term to lease a car, but I'm open to other terms)

    Thanks!

    What ZIP code?
    Zip code is 98059. I'm also considering the GLC coupe (thanks for helping me on that forum as well :))
    .00240 MF and 60% residual for either model.
    .00240 MF seems really high to me. Does Porsche always offer high MF? Or it's more seasonal? Over at Mercedes, it's almost half of it... But Macan does have better residual. Will contacting other banks for lease be a good idea?

    Thanks so much!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Bestwater said:

    kyfdx said:

    Bestwater said:

    Michaell said:

    Bestwater said:

    Hi All,

    I'm considering to lease a Macan-- either the base model or the Macan S. I know the Macan S is more expensive, but when I used the online building tool, it came about 3k more which is kind of acceptable to me.

    Can anyone provide me the MF and residual on both models? My ideal lease term is 36 months and 12k a year, but I'm quite flexible on that (I was told this would be the best term to lease a car, but I'm open to other terms)

    Thanks!

    What ZIP code?
    Zip code is 98059. I'm also considering the GLC coupe (thanks for helping me on that forum as well :))
    .00240 MF and 60% residual for either model.
    .00240 MF seems really high to me. Does Porsche always offer high MF? Or it's more seasonal? Over at Mercedes, it's almost half of it... But Macan does have better residual. Will contacting other banks for lease be a good idea?

    Thanks so much!
    Yes, Porsche money factors are always high.

    .00240 is actually a "special" money factor. The standard MF this quarter is .00270.

    I doubt an independent bank could match the residual, so even if they have a lower money factor, it's probably not advantageous. The Porsche dealer has access to independent bank programs, so if they are substantially cheaper, they would probably use them.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • It sounds like leasing a Macan is not a good idea then.... If I did my math correctly, a 60k Macan with .00240 MF will have more than $200 interest a month. The monthly payment will be about $900 a month. I guess I'll have to say good bye to Macan for now.

    An off topic question, do you know which car has the best MF and residual this year?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Bestwater said:

    It sounds like leasing a Macan is not a good idea then.... If I did my math correctly, a 60k Macan with .00240 MF will have more than $200 interest a month. The monthly payment will be about $900 a month. I guess I'll have to say good bye to Macan for now.

    An off topic question, do you know which car has the best MF and residual this year?

    The BMW 3-series program is pretty good.
    .00166 MF and 60% residual for 36/12
    $2000-$3000 in incentives

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tommyz1052tommyz1052 palm springsPosts: 5
    edited December 2018
    zip cod 92262 Porsche Macan and macan S numbers please

    7k and 10k numbers if they differ
    24 and 36(9) values.
    Do not have any experience with porsche. Will do 24 or 36 if it makes a difference.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647

    zip cod 92262 Porsche Macan and macan S numbers please

    7k and 10k numbers if they differ
    24 and 36(9) values.
    Do not have any experience with porsche. Will do 24 or 36 if it makes a difference.

    24/10 - .00256 and 68%
    36/10 - .00264 and 61%
    Both base and S

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    Good morning guys. Can you please give me the money factor and residual value for a 2019 Porsche Macan S? 36 months & 15K miles per year (18K or 20K per year if you have it) Thanks! It's for my Mom, not me (I can only wish at this point).

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    nyccarguy said:

    Good morning guys. Can you please give me the money factor and residual value for a 2019 Porsche Macan S? 36 months & 15K miles per year (18K or 20K per year if you have it) Thanks! It's for my Mom, not me (I can only wish at this point).

    Sorry, but we don't have the new numbers for Porsche, yet

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    kyfdx said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Good morning guys. Can you please give me the money factor and residual value for a 2019 Porsche Macan S? 36 months & 15K miles per year (18K or 20K per year if you have it) Thanks! It's for my Mom, not me (I can only wish at this point).

    Sorry, but we don't have the new numbers for Porsche, yet
    No info on 2018s either?

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    nyccarguy said:

    kyfdx said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Good morning guys. Can you please give me the money factor and residual value for a 2019 Porsche Macan S? 36 months & 15K miles per year (18K or 20K per year if you have it) Thanks! It's for my Mom, not me (I can only wish at this point).

    Sorry, but we don't have the new numbers for Porsche, yet
    No info on 2018s either?
    New programs came out in January. No info

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    nyccarguy said:

    Good morning guys. Can you please give me the money factor and residual value for a 2019 Porsche Macan S? 36 months & 15K miles per year (18K or 20K per year if you have it) Thanks! It's for my Mom, not me (I can only wish at this point).

    36/15
    2019 Macan S
    .00290 MF and 58% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Hi All,
    May I get numbers for base Porsche macan2019 10/12k miles... will do24 or 36 if there is a difference ; zip code 33064

    Would you expect better rates if I ain't until June?

    Thanks!
  • *wait
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Splatwd said:

    Hi All,
    May I get numbers for base Porsche macan2019 10/12k miles... will do24 or 36 if there is a difference ; zip code 33064

    Would you expect better rates if I ain't until June?

    Thanks!

    .00290 MF
    67%/60% residual for 24/36 mo, 12K/yr

    No predictions on the future.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • what about 10 k?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    Splatwd said:

    what about 10 k?

    Add 1% to residual.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • SplatwdSplatwd Posts: 7
    kyfdx said:

    Splatwd said:

    Hi All,
    May I get numbers for base Porsche macan2019 10/12k miles... will do24 or 36 if there is a difference ; zip code 33064

    Would you expect better rates if I ain't until June?

    Thanks!

    .00290 MF
    67%/60% residual for 24/36 mo, 12K/yr

    No predictions on the future.
    Have these numbers changed for March for base Macan 2019 , thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Splatwd said:

    kyfdx said:

    Splatwd said:

    Hi All,
    May I get numbers for base Porsche macan2019 10/12k miles... will do24 or 36 if there is a difference ; zip code 33064

    Would you expect better rates if I ain't until June?

    Thanks!

    .00290 MF
    67%/60% residual for 24/36 mo, 12K/yr

    No predictions on the future.
    Have these numbers changed for March for base Macan 2019 , thanks
    No.. Porsche only updates quarterly

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • JorgeZJorgeZ San DiegoPosts: 2
    Hello Porsche Macan base MSRP 57560 sales price 52292, 15k per year , 39 months Please provide MF and RV. Thank You
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    JorgeZ said:

    Hello Porsche Macan base MSRP 57560 sales price 52292, 15k per year , 39 months Please provide MF and RV. Thank You

    2018 or 2019?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • BiseldlBiseldl 98387Posts: 6
    Mf and rv for 2018 macan and macan s. Zip 98387. Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    Biseldl said:

    Mf and rv for 2018 macan and macan s. Zip 98387. Thanks

    What lease term and how many miles per year?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • BiseldlBiseldl 98387Posts: 6
    36/10k
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Biseldl said:

    Mf and rv for 2018 macan and macan s. Zip 98387. Thanks

    Biseldl said:

    36/10k

    Base: .00260 MF and 61% residual
    S: .00274 MF and 60% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • BiseldlBiseldl 98387Posts: 6
    What about 2019? Also is 36/10 best terms?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    Biseldl said:

    What about 2019? Also is 36/10 best terms?

    .00290 and 61% for both 2019 Base and S

    36 months is the best term; get the number of miles you think you will need.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • edmgc18edmgc18 Posts: 154
    What's the MF, RV and incentives for a Macan S 36 or 39 months, 10k miles for the NYC region?

    What is the Porsche bank fee?

    thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    edmgc18 said:

    What's the MF, RV and incentives for a Macan S 36 or 39 months, 10k miles for the NYC region?

    What is the Porsche bank fee?

    thanks

    .00290 MF
    61%/59% residual
    $995

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • pafny88pafny88 Long Island NYPosts: 8
    I am looking for the available incentives, MF and residual for a 2019 macan base & S trim. Zip 11790 12K
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    pafny88 said:

    I am looking for the available incentives, MF and residual for a 2019 macan base & S trim. Zip 11790 12K

    36/12
    .00290 MF and 60% residual
    Either model

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    Hey guys! Can I have the money factor & residual for a 2019 Macan? 24 months/15K miles per year? Zip code 10956. Thanks!

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    nyccarguy said:

    Hey guys! Can I have the money factor & residual for a 2019 Macan? 24 months/15K miles per year? Zip code 10956. Thanks!

    .00290 MF and 65% residual

    36/15 = 58% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    kyfdx said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Hey guys! Can I have the money factor & residual for a 2019 Macan? 24 months/15K miles per year? Zip code 10956. Thanks!

    .00290 MF and 65% residual

    36/15 = 58% residual
    Do they offer a 1 pay discount?

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    nyccarguy said:

    kyfdx said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Hey guys! Can I have the money factor & residual for a 2019 Macan? 24 months/15K miles per year? Zip code 10956. Thanks!

    .00290 MF and 65% residual

    36/15 = 58% residual
    Do they offer a 1 pay discount?
    They have a single-pay option, but I don't have the details.

    But, from what I've seen, the MF reduction is very small (.00035, maybe)
    Not worth it

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Hi, Can you please give me MF and RV for 2019 Macan Base, Zipcode 11419, 39mo/5,000 miles. Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    flamingo4 said:

    Hi, Can you please give me MF and RV for 2019 Macan Base, Zipcode 11419, 39mo/5,000 miles. Thanks!

    .00290 and 63%

    Awful expensive way to drive 400 miles per month....

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    Can you guys run these numbers through your lease calculators and tell me what you come up with for a monthly payment on a 2019 Porsche Macan (lease through US Bank):

    MSRP: $60,530
    Selling Price: $54,500
    Money Factor: .00134
    Residual Value (24/15K): 59%
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $75
    Registration: $285
    State Inspection: $10
    Fuel: $50

    Total Capitalized Cost: $57,834.08

    What would the payment be with just 1st month due at signing?

    Thanks!

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    nyccarguy said:

    Can you guys run these numbers through your lease calculators and tell me what you come up with for a monthly payment on a 2019 Porsche Macan (lease through US Bank):

    MSRP: $60,530
    Selling Price: $54,500
    Money Factor: .00134
    Residual Value (24/15K): 59%
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $75
    Registration: $285
    State Inspection: $10
    Fuel: $50

    Total Capitalized Cost: $57,834.08

    What would the payment be with just 1st month due at signing?

    Thanks!

    I get $1047/mo, plus tax

    What are you paying up front, with the quote you've given us? What else is added to the selling price to get the cap cost? The items you've listed takes it to $55,615 - over $2K less than the total cap cost.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Michaell said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Can you guys run these numbers through your lease calculators and tell me what you come up with for a monthly payment on a 2019 Porsche Macan (lease through US Bank):

    MSRP: $60,530
    Selling Price: $54,500
    Money Factor: .00134
    Residual Value (24/15K): 59%
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $75
    Registration: $285
    State Inspection: $10
    Fuel: $50

    Total Capitalized Cost: $57,834.08

    What would the payment be with just 1st month due at signing?

    Thanks!

    I get $1047/mo, plus tax

    What are you paying up front, with the quote you've given us? What else is added to the selling price to get the cap cost? The items you've listed takes it to $55,615 - over $2K less than the total cap cost.
    Given that doc fee, I'll guess NYS sales tax

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    Michaell said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Can you guys run these numbers through your lease calculators and tell me what you come up with for a monthly payment on a 2019 Porsche Macan (lease through US Bank):

    MSRP: $60,530
    Selling Price: $54,500
    Money Factor: .00134
    Residual Value (24/15K): 59%
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $75
    Registration: $285
    State Inspection: $10
    Fuel: $50

    Total Capitalized Cost: $57,834.08

    What would the payment be with just 1st month due at signing?

    Thanks!

    I get $1047/mo, plus tax

    What are you paying up front, with the quote you've given us? What else is added to the selling price to get the cap cost? The items you've listed takes it to $55,615 - over $2K less than the total cap cost.
    Whoops! I knew I forgot to add that. Sales tax rate is 8.375%. Included in the cap cost

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    nyccarguy said:

    Michaell said:

    nyccarguy said:

    Can you guys run these numbers through your lease calculators and tell me what you come up with for a monthly payment on a 2019 Porsche Macan (lease through US Bank):

    MSRP: $60,530
    Selling Price: $54,500
    Money Factor: .00134
    Residual Value (24/15K): 59%
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $75
    Registration: $285
    State Inspection: $10
    Fuel: $50

    Total Capitalized Cost: $57,834.08

    What would the payment be with just 1st month due at signing?

    Thanks!

    I get $1047/mo, plus tax

    What are you paying up front, with the quote you've given us? What else is added to the selling price to get the cap cost? The items you've listed takes it to $55,615 - over $2K less than the total cap cost.
    Whoops! I knew I forgot to add that. Sales tax rate is 8.375%. Included in the cap cost
    OK, that makes sense - I stand by my calculations, then.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    Good morning guys. Can you please give me updated September residual value and money factor for a 2019 Porsche Macan (Base) for 24 months & 36 months with 15,000 miles per year in zip code 10956? Thanks!

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    nyccarguy said:

    Good morning guys. Can you please give me updated September residual value and money factor for a 2019 Porsche Macan (Base) for 24 months & 36 months with 15,000 miles per year in zip code 10956? Thanks!

    .00290 MF
    65%/58% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,801
    Good morning guys. Can you please plug these numbers into your lease calculator for me for a 2019 Macan:

    MSRP: 60,530
    Selling Price: $54,500
    Money Factor: .00122 (US Bank)
    Residual (24/15K): 56% (US Bank)
    8.375% Sales Tax
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $75
    NYS Tire Tax: $12.50
    Registration: $285.00
    State Inspection: $10.00
    Fuel: $50.00

    Can you please work up a lease payment for me with everything rolled into the lease and just 1st month Due At Signing? Then can you plug the numbers in adding an additional $4,000 to the capitalized cost for purchasing additional miles up front (20,000 extra miles @ $.20 each)? Thanks so much!

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 140,647
    nyccarguy said:

    Good morning guys. Can you please plug these numbers into your lease calculator for me for a 2019 Macan:

    MSRP: 60,530
    Selling Price: $54,500
    Money Factor: .00122 (US Bank)
    Residual (24/15K): 56% (US Bank)
    8.375% Sales Tax
    Acquisition Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $75
    NYS Tire Tax: $12.50
    Registration: $285.00
    State Inspection: $10.00
    Fuel: $50.00

    Can you please work up a lease payment for me with everything rolled into the lease and just 1st month Due At Signing? Then can you plug the numbers in adding an additional $4,000 to the capitalized cost for purchasing additional miles up front (20,000 extra miles @ $.20 each)? Thanks so much!

    $1102/mo with 15K
    $1274/mo with the extra miles added in

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Shift1112Shift1112 Miami, Florida Posts: 22
    Is Porsche still running the MF for their cars ? Any news on the .00290 coming down ? Thank you for the help
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,108
    Shift1112 said:

    Is Porsche still running the MF for their cars ? Any news on the .00290 coming down ? Thank you for the help

    I don't have any news or insight on the money factor.

    It is still .00290, as far as we know.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.