Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2019 Kia Sedona Lease Deals and Prices

MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,613
edited January 28 in Kia
Ask your 2019 Sedona lease questions here. Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Look up info on the 2019 Sedona.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


MODERATOR

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

«1

Comments

  • jl33507jl33507 Posts: 9
    Hello Michael. I'm researching 2019 Kia Sedona EX, SX or SX-L for a possible lease in Wisconsin and was curious what to expect regarding money factor, residual value, expected prices for a 2 year 12k lease. Thanks for your help.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,613
    jl33507 said:

    Hello Michael. I'm researching 2019 Kia Sedona EX, SX or SX-L for a possible lease in Wisconsin and was curious what to expect regarding money factor, residual value, expected prices for a 2 year 12k lease. Thanks for your help.

    EX - .00203 and 59%; $4100 lease cash
    SX - .00202 and 59%; $4700 lease cash

    No SX-L for 2019

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jl33507jl33507 Posts: 9
    Thanks Michael. I received the following numbers back from a dealer and based on Edmunds lease calculator I'm not getting the same numbers. I'm getting around $350 per month. Any idea why?

    MSRP: $34,825
    Selling Price (before rebates): $33,427

    On a 24 month lease there would be $4,100 in rebates, bringing the selling price to $29,327.
    Residual 59% ($20,547)
    Money Factor: .00203
    Doc Fee: $299
    Title Fee: $99
    Monthly Payment: approximately $539

    On a 39 Month Lease you would have $2,400 in rebates
    Residual 53% ($18,457)
    Money Factor: .002
    Doc Fee: $299
    Title Fee: $99
    Monthly Payment Approximately $473
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    jl33507 said:

    Thanks Michael. I received the following numbers back from a dealer and based on Edmunds lease calculator I'm not getting the same numbers. I'm getting around $350 per month. Any idea why?

    MSRP: $34,825
    Selling Price (before rebates): $33,427

    On a 24 month lease there would be $4,100 in rebates, bringing the selling price to $29,327.
    Residual 59% ($20,547)
    Money Factor: .00203
    Doc Fee: $299
    Title Fee: $99
    Monthly Payment: approximately $539

    On a 39 Month Lease you would have $2,400 in rebates
    Residual 53% ($18,457)
    Money Factor: .002
    Doc Fee: $299
    Title Fee: $99
    Monthly Payment Approximately $473

    No idea how you get $350/mo

    24 mo: $467/mo+tax
    39 mo: $422/mo+tax

    That's assuming all other fees and first payment are paid upfront.
    If you are rolling in the fees listed, plus the acquisition fee, I'd say the dealer isn't far off.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jl33507jl33507 Posts: 9
    Hi kyfdx, apologies you are correct and I found the error in my math. What would the typical acquisition fee be?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    jl33507 said:

    Hi kyfdx, apologies you are correct and I found the error in my math. What would the typical acquisition fee be?

    KMF acquisition fee is $650

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jl33507jl33507 Posts: 9
    So here is where I ended up and I think I allowed the dealer to slip something past me, let me know what you think.

    2019 Sedona EX
    MSRP: $34,825
    Selling Price (before rebates): $32,777.00
    Cap Cost Items
    - Title and Reg Fees, $99 (I'm transferring plates)
    - Service Fee, $299
    - Acq Fee $650
    - Auto Dimming Mirror, $370 (A quick note on this. I asked them to drop the price by $650 which they agreed to and then I asked for an auto dimming mirror to be swapped into the car. They didn't want to do the mirror on top of the $650 so they dropped the price by $650 and added in the mirror. Original selling price was $33,427, so reduce by $650 to get sell price above of $32,777)

    Rebates - $2400

    Adj Cap Cost: $31,795 = ($32,777+$99+$299+$650+$370)-$2400

    Residual 53% ($18,457)
    Money Factor: .002

    Base Monthly Payment Approximately $$442.50, w/tax should be around $465 (5.1%)

    Money at lease signing is $650. My question is, what's going into that $650? I know first month payment is built into it but that leaves roughly $185. Did I accidentally leave $185 on the table?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    jl33507 said:

    So here is where I ended up and I think I allowed the dealer to slip something past me, let me know what you think.

    2019 Sedona EX
    MSRP: $34,825
    Selling Price (before rebates): $32,777.00
    Cap Cost Items
    - Title and Reg Fees, $99 (I'm transferring plates)
    - Service Fee, $299
    - Acq Fee $650
    - Auto Dimming Mirror, $370 (A quick note on this. I asked them to drop the price by $650 which they agreed to and then I asked for an auto dimming mirror to be swapped into the car. They didn't want to do the mirror on top of the $650 so they dropped the price by $650 and added in the mirror. Original selling price was $33,427, so reduce by $650 to get sell price above of $32,777)

    Rebates - $2400

    Adj Cap Cost: $31,795 = ($32,777+$99+$299+$650+$370)-$2400

    Residual 53% ($18,457)
    Money Factor: .002

    Base Monthly Payment Approximately $$442.50, w/tax should be around $465 (5.1%)

    Money at lease signing is $650. My question is, what's going into that $650? I know first month payment is built into it but that leaves roughly $185. Did I accidentally leave $185 on the table?

    Upfront sales tax on the rebate?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jl33507jl33507 Posts: 9
    You got back to me before I could follow up! You are exactly right. I asked for the lease worksheet. They did end up removing the title fee and had me pay that up front. So here are how the numbers broke down.

    2019 Sedona EX
    MSRP: $34,825
    Selling Price (before rebates): $32,777.00
    Cap Cost Items
    - Service Fee, $299
    - Acq Fee $650
    - Auto Dimming Mirror, $370 (A quick note on this. I asked them to drop the price by $650 which they agreed to and then I asked for an auto dimming mirror to be swapped into the car. They didn't want to do the mirror on top of the $650 so they dropped the price by $650 and added in the mirror. Original selling price was $33,427, so reduce by $650 to get sell price above of $32,777)

    Rebates - $2400

    Adj Cap Cost: $31,696 = ($32,777+$299+$650+$370)-$2400

    Residual 53% ($18,457)
    Money Factor: .002

    Base Monthly Payment Approximately $439.77, w/tax should be around $462.20 (5.1%)

    Money due at lease signing: $673.60 = MP $462.20+Title$69.50+ (This line item has no title) $19.50+TAX $120
    I already paid $650 so I am assuming they aren't going to ask for the additional $23.60.

    What do you think of the deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    jl33507 said:

    You got back to me before I could follow up! You are exactly right. I asked for the lease worksheet. They did end up removing the title fee and had me pay that up front. So here are how the numbers broke down.

    2019 Sedona EX
    MSRP: $34,825
    Selling Price (before rebates): $32,777.00
    Cap Cost Items
    - Service Fee, $299
    - Acq Fee $650
    - Auto Dimming Mirror, $370 (A quick note on this. I asked them to drop the price by $650 which they agreed to and then I asked for an auto dimming mirror to be swapped into the car. They didn't want to do the mirror on top of the $650 so they dropped the price by $650 and added in the mirror. Original selling price was $33,427, so reduce by $650 to get sell price above of $32,777)

    Rebates - $2400

    Adj Cap Cost: $31,696 = ($32,777+$299+$650+$370)-$2400

    Residual 53% ($18,457)
    Money Factor: .002

    Base Monthly Payment Approximately $439.77, w/tax should be around $462.20 (5.1%)

    Money due at lease signing: $673.60 = MP $462.20+Title$69.50+ (This line item has no title) $19.50+TAX $120
    I already paid $650 so I am assuming they aren't going to ask for the additional $23.60.

    What do you think of the deal?

    I have no idea about selling prices on a Sedona, so I don't really have much of an opinion.
    Considering the crappy lease program, it looks like a reasonable deal.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jl33507jl33507 Posts: 9
    What makes it a crappy lease program?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,613
    jl33507 said:

    What makes it a crappy lease program?

    High MF and below average residual value, and not much lease cash to bolster either of the first two parameters.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • KchoiKchoi Posts: 2
    Looking for numbers for. 2019 Sedona SX on a 10k/36month lease here in New York! Thanks! 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    Kchoi said:

    Looking for numbers for. 2019 Sedona SX on a 10k/36month lease here in New York! Thanks! 

    .00184 MF and 56% residual
    $3000 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • KchoiKchoi Posts: 2
    Thanks, what do you think of this deal I got from the local dealer:

    MSRP: $42,645.00
    What we are giving you(invoice): $41,347.00
    Manufacturer rebate: $3000
    In addition, we are factoring in $1197 in payments (Remaining payments on 2016 Sorento lease)

    36 mo lease x 12k miles per year = $539 with $2,000 down plus first payment and DMV.
    55% residual
    .00184 money factor

    NYS taxes on $41,347 is about $3600 so with $2,000, you are still rolling in additional taxes.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,613
    Kchoi said:

    Thanks, what do you think of this deal I got from the local dealer:

    MSRP: $42,645.00
    What we are giving you(invoice): $41,347.00
    Manufacturer rebate: $3000
    In addition, we are factoring in $1197 in payments (Remaining payments on 2016 Sorento lease)

    36 mo lease x 12k miles per year = $539 with $2,000 down plus first payment and DMV.
    55% residual
    .00184 money factor

    NYS taxes on $41,347 is about $3600 so with $2,000, you are still rolling in additional taxes.

    Some of those numbers are wrong - NY taxes the sum of the payments, not the selling price.

    Ask them to give you the adjusted cap cost for that quote.

    And, why not wait until your existing lease is up? That $1200 is adding $30-35/mo to your payment.

    Looks expensive, but without all the numbers, we're only guessing.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bman33bman33 Posts: 75
    Michaell: Could I please have March MF/RV numbers for a 2019 Kia Sedona SX for zip 53151 - 36 month/45,000 miles and 36 month/36,000 miles. Are there any rebates or lease cash available? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    bman33 said:

    Michaell: Could I please have March MF/RV numbers for a 2019 Kia Sedona SX for zip 53151 - 36 month/45,000 miles and 36 month/36,000 miles. Are there any rebates or lease cash available? Thanks.

    36/15
    .00184 MF and 53% residual
    $2500 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • bman33bman33 Posts: 75
    Hello kyfdx: Back again in April. Looking for 36 month/15000/yr MF/RV on 2019 Kia Sedona SX for zip 53151 and 60048. Also, please let me know if there is any lease cash available. Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,613
    bman33 said:

    Hello kyfdx: Back again in April. Looking for 36 month/15000/yr MF/RV on 2019 Kia Sedona SX for zip 53151 and 60048. Also, please let me know if there is any lease cash available. Thank you!

    .00184 and 53%
    $2500 lease cash

    Both ZIP codes

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • ammmmmoammmmmo Posts: 9
    Hi again - Looking for incentives, money factor and residual on 2019 Kia Sedona SX in 85142.

    36 months. 12k miles/yr. Veteran (discharged over 12 months ago)

    Thanks a ton!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    ammmmmo said:

    Hi again - Looking for incentives, money factor and residual on 2019 Kia Sedona SX in 85142.

    36 months. 12k miles/yr. Veteran (discharged over 12 months ago)

    Thanks a ton!

    .00186 MF and 55% residual
    $2400 lease cash

    We have no info on Veteran incentives

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Crazy_BugCrazy_Bug RenoPosts: 21
    edited April 21
    Hi,

    Can you please share me the MF, Residual, and incentives available for Sedona 2018/2019 EX/SX models for 89521 for 10k or less miles with 36/39 months? TIA.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,613
    Crazy_Bug said:

    Hi,

    Can you please share me the MF, Residual, and incentives available for Sedona 2018/2019 EX/SX models for 89521 for 10k or less miles with 36/39 months? TIA.

    36/10

    2019
    EX - .00186 and 56%; $2400 lease cash
    LX - .00183 and 55%; $2700 lease cash

    2018
    EX - .00199 and 50%; $4900 lease cash
    LX - .00190 and 50%; $4600 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • artshterartshter mdPosts: 24
    Would you kindly provide April numbers for 2019 Kia Sedona SX in 20871 zip code. I'm interested in 24/36/39 month terms at 12K a year. Interested in MF, residual, incentives. Any loyalty bonuses for current Kia owners? Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015
    artshter said:

    Would you kindly provide April numbers for 2019 Kia Sedona SX in 20871 zip code. I'm interested in 24/36/39 month terms at 12K a year. Interested in MF, residual, incentives. Any loyalty bonuses for current Kia owners? Thank you!

    24/12: .00200 MF and 60% residual. $4200 lease cash
    36/12: .00184 MF and 55% residual. $2500 lease cash

    No loyalty info
    We don't have 39 month program information

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ichbinalleinichbinallein Posts: 27
    Can you provide May MF, residual, and incentives for Kia Sedona EX and SX in 07083, 36 months / 12k per year? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 123,015

    Can you provide May MF, residual, and incentives for Kia Sedona EX and SX in 07083, 36 months / 12k per year? Thanks.

    EX: .00198 MF and 54% residual. $3500 lease cash
    SX: .00197 MF and 53% residual. $4000 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • artshterartshter mdPosts: 24
    Haven't been able to pull the trigger in April, so could you provide the May figures for 2019 Kia Sedona SX in 20871 zip for 36/12 lease? Looking for MF, residual, incentives. I currently lease a 2016 Optima SXL and curious to see if there are loyalty incentives available as well.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 114,613
    artshter said:

    Haven't been able to pull the trigger in April, so could you provide the May figures for 2019 Kia Sedona SX in 20871 zip for 36/12 lease? Looking for MF, residual, incentives. I currently lease a 2016 Optima SXL and curious to see if there are loyalty incentives available as well.

    .00197 and 53%
    $3500 lease cash

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.