Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• klacanklacan Member Posts: 1
    Picking mine up on Friday hopefully from local Rochester (upstate NY) dealer.Spent 30 minutes trying to find the color and package I was looking for from other dealers as they only had 1 in stock.Eventually found one in PA. So with a web coupon off their own website this is what I got.

1.8 S 6 sp Man. Super Black / Beige
    Power Package
    Mats ( 150 for mats? rip off)
    Splash Guards

$14,929. Thats the out the door price.Inclusive of new plates. I'm happy.Great Dealership.Very helpful.Of course I'm giving them 15 grand which probably has some decent profit built into it already.Anyway full tank of gas and fre oil changes for life..no strings attached. Would definately recommend em.. Vision Nissan in Webster NY
  • ttintinttintin Member Posts: 8
    I posted this at nissanversa.org as well, but I thought I'd also post it here to see what you guys think.

I might jinx myself when I say this, but I've had a pleasant experience shopping for the Versa so far. Mind you, I don't have it yet. I ordered it a few days ago and was told to expect it in 6-8 weeks. That works out perfectly for me because my current lease ends around the same time. I have been looking for my next car for a few months now and the Versa was a late addition to my short list. Talk about saving the best for last.

Anyway, I sat down with a dealer (Universal City Nissan in Los Angeles) and my salesman took my order for the exact Versa I wanted (1.8 SL, magnetic gray, CVT, ABS & all packages); wrote up paperwork for my deposit as well as a signed sheet confirming what I ordered; showed me lease figures for an awesome lease they were currently having; ran my credit report (with my permission) to see if I could qualify for the lease; and even gave me a printout of the lease figures so we can reference it when the car comes in.

I must've asked him 10 times if he was sure the lease special would still be in play by the time I got the car, and he assured me it was. That still remains to be seen.

He is asking for MSRP on the car, but to be honest, if he can deliver me the car I want in the timeframe we talked about, even if I end up changing my mind and financing the car (which I will probably do), I am more than happy to pay him MSRP for the car, just for the service I got.

Am I being naive? I've never ordered a car from factory before. I figured if things go south, I can still get my deposit back and the worst thing that can happen is I'll be back where I started -- which is shopping for my next car.
  • benduprebendupre Member Posts: 121
    Did you order ABS AND Convenience package?

It'l be interesting to see if you can actually get both on one vehicle because the configurator won't allow a configuration with both.

You said ALL packages? Did you order a sunroof? No one has seen one yet.

Ben
    Yes, I ordered all 3 packages (convenience, audio & sunroof) with ABS. I thought the configurator at nissanusa.com was not working correctly to begin with, that's why it gave you the impression that either you got ABS or no packages.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    very good what lease figured did they quote you ? I leased mine back in July and was VERY suprised on the kind of money factory I was quoted (very low)...

My payments with tax's are only 268/m for 2 yrs.

Tony :shades:
    Tony,

I think I was quoted the same lease rate as the one you got. Also a very low money factor, and about $50 more than yours for 2 years, with 15,000 miles per year. (Don't forget, the Versa I ordered is also loaded with practically everything.)

I also was very surprised at the money factor because the car is in such high demand, and I didn't hear anything about it on the message boards.
    Mine is also 15K/yr. When I sat down with dealer and was shown the leases, my mouth had dropped on how low the payments and money factor were. The 07 Quest, and Max had the same money factor as the Versa. Personally I think Nissan is smart to do this, it allows more people to get into the car then before.

Tony
  • lorrralorrra Member Posts: 3
    I have been converted! The staff at Victory Nissan Macomb have performed a nearly impossible feat - they gained my trust and enthusiasm to do business with them (see previous post).

To make a long story short, I was ready to walk until contacted by their amazing general manager. He listened to my tale of woe and was more than willing to help me. He offered accountability; I felt as though he understood where I was coming from. True to his word, after our conversation, he called me - again - and offered a very fair discount as well as free service at the dealership. More importantly, when I went to the dealership to complete the deal and take possession of the car, I was treated with respect and genuine courtesy by knowledgeable staff. I left the dealership with happiness in my heart and hope for the future - no misgivings whatsoever.

In short, I am absolutely delighted with my dealings with Victory Nissan Macomb, and would recommend them to any friend in an instant.
  • rcinmdrcinmd Member Posts: 139
    I saw two new Versa commercials on tv last night, both repeated a number of times. The base price shown was $12,550, which tells me there may have been a $100 price hike. I did not catch the fine print. I should have frozen the screen to take a better look. Nissan's web site still reflects $12,450 as base.
  • reuropareuropa Member Posts: 7
    In retrospect, I think what I *thought* was a good deal on the new 2007 Nissan SL (CVT) I just bought is not such a good deal. Hopefully one of you knowledgeable souls here can help me :) I did my homework (so I thought!) Been researching cars for the last 3 months (all makes/models/leasing versing buying) online. Am leery as I'm the type to keep a car at least 9 years (I just love that 4-year period of NO car payments, lol). But I truly cannot make sense of the amounts on my lease agreement (this was from a Nissan dealer in Glen Burnie, Maryland) and my phone and emails to them have gone unanswered. Not good :( Anyway, through Edmunds.com, I emailed all the Maryland-area Nissan dealers with the car I was interested in -- the 1.8SL with CVT, splash guards (front & rear), convenience package (Intelligent keyless entry, bluetooth hands-free, steering-wheel mounted controls, 6-disc indash CD player, 15-inch alloy wheels, leather-wrapped steering column, satellite radio prewiring, 5-piece floor/trunk mat set. The total on the sticker on the car window was $17,015 (MSRP + destination charges). During this time, another local Nissan dealer emailed me back and said they'd sell me the same car for $16,715. So I went to the Glen Burnie dealership (nearest me) to test drive it. Mulled it over. Went back the next day and told the salesman if he matched the other dealer's price, I was interested. So he offered me the car, same options, for $16,715--super black exterior with beige interior. (This was before discussion of trade-in value for my blue Plymouth 98 Neon with 95,000 miles on it and putting $1,000 down in cash.) He originally offered me only $900 for trade-in and I said thanks but no thanks, as another dealer offered me a better trade-in. So he then offered me $1300 for the trade-in. I decided to get the car and went with a 24-month lease.

As many can attest about this process, by the time I got home with my new car, my brain hurt, my eyes hurt, my very eyelids hurt, lol. Then I started looking over the lease I signed, with some dismay and confusion. (BTW, the odometer had 200 miles on it.) I can't figure out what I actually paid FOR the car, as the $16,715 is nowhere mentioned on the lease. My capitalized cost reduction cost was $1984.41 (which is result of the trade-in allowance, which was $2300, $1000 down in cash, and first monthly payment of $315.59). Under gross capitalized cost it says "agreed upon value of the vehicle is $17,513." As I mentioned my monthly payments are $315.59. But the last line under the gross capitalized cost paragraph is $20,422.55. Adjusted capitalized cost was $18,438.14. Total of my monthly payments over the 24-month lease is $7574.16. Total of payments I will have paid by end of lase is $9558.57. I guess my question is, where did this $20,422.55 price come from? I simply can't figure out what I actually paid FOR the car, minus the taxes, title, acquisitionfee, rent charge, etc. Figuring into that amount, I'm assuming, is letting myself be suckered into what may be an unncessary warranty. Something called Security+Plus Vehicle Protection Plan for $1186, Gold Preferred Plan, for 60 months/60,000 miles on odometer. As I am most definitely trading the car back in after the 24 months and NOT opting to buy it, I gues that was a stupid move on my part. but someone mentioned I may be able to get that money back? That is, change my mind about that Security+Plus warranty. Is this true? I apologize in advance for sounding so stupid! No wonder I keep cars for 10 years. It's too painful an experience and there are too many ways to get hosed .

I was also told I had to give up my vanity plates (that were on the Neon), as the state of Maryland doesn't alllow vanity plates on leased cars. I've never heard of such a thing. Is this true?

So my questions I guess are, should I go back to the dealer and discuss this with them? Did I get hosed? Get out of the extra $1186 warranty I paid for? I'm happy with the car, extremely so, but the numbers have me worried. What happened to the $16,715 I was quoted, and where did the $20,422.55 come from?

I also, based on this experience and on the salesguy *not* returning my messages, will *never* again purchase a vehicle from Nissan of Glen Burnie and have warned others of my experience.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer. And please don't laugh at me too loudly :)
    OK if you went through Nissan (signature lease) look at your contract and I'll help you figure it out.

My VErsa SL CVT with the same packages and extra as you.

in section 3, it should read:

Amount due (this is trade, $$ down etc)
    Monthly payments : mine are $268.71 w/tax month x23 payment = 6449.04

section 4 is the breakdown on how the moneies is spent on your lease. This is pretty straight forward.

sectio 5 Gross Cap Cost The price YOU and the dealer aggreed on.
    Cap cost Reduction the downpayment you are putting down on the car.

adjust cap cost is the Gross cap cost (-) the Cap Reduction the final price of the car.

f) rent charge is the money factor or APR, mine is 821.29 or .0021 (which is standard on the lease through Nissan and its VERY low)
    g) total base monthly payment. If you add e and f then you get g, that is what you are paying on your lease.

i) is your base payment plus (j) monthly tax) = (l) which is your total monthly payment.

What I wrote you should help..

YOu got screwed on that Protection + program, you are leasing the car for 2 yrs and the standard 36K miles warrently will cover the car... So the 1186 was wasted and the dealer made LOTS of $$ off it.

Ok I reerad your post you paid for the car what is under the Adjusted Cap Cost or $18,483.14. Now if you minus 1186 which would be about 17,400..

One nice thing about these nissan leases is, once the lease is over with, call Nissan up and let them know your lease is up (about 2 months out) and Nissan will give you a code. You take that code to any Nissan dealer or Infiniti and you are automatically garrentee to lease another new Nissan/infiniti product with that code...

Tony
    >>>in section 3, it should read:
    Amount due (this is trade, $$ down etc)>>>

Mine reads: $2300

>>>Monthly payments: mine are $268.71 w/tax month x23 payment = 6449.04>>>

There is no tax amount/number listed, but under monthly payments it reads: $315.59 x23 payment = $7574.16

>>>section 4 is the breakdown on how the moneies is spent on your lease. This is pretty straight forward.>>>

Seems to be. Cap cost reduction is $1984.41, monthly payment is $315.59

>>>sectio 5 Gross Cap Cost The price YOU and the dealer agreed on.
    Cap cost Reduction the downpayment you are putting down on the car.>>>

This is where I'm confused. It reads $17513.00 for gross cap cost. But the handwritten form he wrote out for me (when we first discussed price of the car) says he'd sell me the car for $16,715. Cap cost reduction is $1984.41

>>>adjust cap cost is the Gross cap cost (-) the Cap Reduction the final price of the car.>>>

This line reads $18,438.14.

>>>f) rent charge is the money factor or APR, mine is 821.29 or .0021 (which is standard on the lease through Nissan and its VERY low)>>>

Mine reads $876.37.

>>>g) total base monthly payment. If you add e and f then you get g, that is what you are paying on your lease.>>>

Mine reads $7574.16 (rent charge $876.37 + depreciation amount $6697.79).

>>>i) is your base payment plus (j) monthly tax) = (l) which is your total monthly payment.

base payment is $315.59, monthly tax is N/A,, total monthly payment is $315.59.

>>>What I wrote you should help..>>>

Tremendously! Thank you so much! But I'm still confused on the price he quoted me in writing ($16,715) versus the price on the lease $17,513. How is that legal? :/

>>>YOu got screwed on that Protection + program, you are leasing the car for 2 yrs and the standard 36K miles warrently will cover the car... So the 1186 was wasted and the dealer made LOTS of $$ off it.>>>

Is that something I can change my mind on? I was talking to a relative (who is a general manager for a Ford dealership in Pennsylvania, and he says I can get out of that, get a refund or lower total cost of the car (basically, say that I've changed my mind about this needless coverage). The FI guy never mentioned anything about that (about how such coverage wasn't necessary, as the lease was for 24-months/12,000 miles a year, which I'll not likely come close to). Is this something I can pursue with the dealership?

>>>Ok I reerad your post you paid for the car what is under the Adjusted Cap Cost or $18,483.14. Now if you minus 1186 which would be about 17,400..>>>

Meaning I can change my mind about the extended needless warranty?

>>>One nice thing about these nissan leases is, once the lease is over with, call Nissan up and let them know your lease is up (about 2 months out) and Nissan will give you a code. You take that code to any Nissan dealer or Infiniti and you are automatically garrentee to lease another new Nissan/infiniti product with that code...>>>

Not interested. I am forever done with Nissans. :(

Thank you so much for your help. I'm still extremely glum and mostly annoyed with myself for being suckered, but as they stay, (stupid if well intentioned) buyer beware

Ruby
    The warranty is prorated and you can most definitely get out of it. You have to get the dealer to read the odometer in the car because it is prorated by miles. The FI guy at the dealer is who you need to talk to. You will have to pay a straight pro-rata for the mileage you've put on the vehicle or the time you've owned the car whichever is greater. You should receive the net in a check throughthe mail after a reasonable amount of time for processing.

Sounds like you should have been able to get a beter lease rate, but lots of factors go into that, like credit for example. I don't personally have any experience leasing cars.

If you like the product you've purchased, don't hold the dealer's practices against the manufacturer. All car dealers are in business to make money and you have got to watch out for your own pocket book.

Maybe in two years you decide you want to try another NISSAN, just don't buy it from Glen Burnie NISSAN. Tell everyone you know to stay away. It's shameful to sell an extended warranty on a 24 month lease. You must have been very tired when you agreed to that.

Ben
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    I really don't know why anyone wants to lease a car in the first place. It's simply not cost effective in the long term. If you want to have continuous car payments - then, yes, leasing is OK. But, many prefer to live without continuous monthly car payments.
    >>>The warranty is prorated and you can most definitely get out of it. You have to get the dealer to read the odometer in the car because it is prorated by miles. The FI guy at the dealer is who you need to talk to. You will have to pay a straight pro-rata for the mileage you've put on the vehicle or the time you've owned the car whichever is greater. You should receive the net in a check through the mail after a reasonable amount of time for processing.>>>

That should be okay then. I've had the car about 6 days now and have put maybe 150 miles on it since I drove it off the lot.

>>>Sounds like you should have been able to get a beter lease rate, but lots of factors go into that, like credit for example. I don't personally have any experience leasing cars.>>>

That is probably where I erred. I've never leased a car before but decided to do so this time. I've a rather serious chronic health problem that is worsening, and in two years, might be incapacitated enough not to be driving or frankly not even around TO drive anymore. Maybe an unsound reason to have chosen to go with a lease, but there you have it.

>>>If you like the product you've purchased, don't hold the dealer's practices against the manufacturer. All car dealers are in business to make money and you have got to watch out for your own pocket book.>>>

Indeed. And I understand this. They are in it to make as much money as they can. And here I thought I'd done my homework so well! LOL. Spent a few months reading all the more reputable websites such as Edmunds, talking with others, etc. But that was more with a purchase of the car in mind rather than an outright lease. I decided to go with a lease because as I said, with my health problems, a lease gave me lower car payments (which I preferred at this time) and depending on the state of my health two years from now, didn't want the additional worry, to myself or family, of car payments still to be made or trying to sell the car. I do know my credit history is excellent. The company I work for had a laptop stolen with all employee payroll personal info in it, so the company paid for everyone to have automatic three-year credit fraud protection through Equifax, to be safe. I got copies of my own credit history from all three agencies and my FICO score (which was 730-750, something like that, I believe), so I know I have outstanding credit and an excellent overall credit rating. (Interesting to know this program works, since the very next day Equifax called me to let me know there had been inquiries into my credit and had I made a large purchase. They wanted validation from me.)

>>>Maybe in two years you decide you want to try another NISSAN, just don't buy it from Glen Burnie NISSAN. Tell everyone you know to stay away. It's shameful to sell an extended warranty on a 24 month lease. You must have been very tired when you agreed to that.>>>

I think bewildered is more the appropriate word, lol. By that point, and after them throwing all this information and numbers at me, my mind was slowly becoming mashed potatoe. I will never again be that stupid.

I also realize how good I've had it over the years. I'm 41 and have only ever owned 3 (not counting the Versa) cars. The first three cars I bought from dealerships who were friends of my family, people my mother or father had gone to school with and known since childhood, so I knew I was getting a fair deal.

But how shameful that dealerships don't practice straight-out honesty. It's hard enough to raise children to do the right and decent thing by others when others often try so hard to do the opposite to you!

Thanks again to everyone who has replied. This is a great forum.
    It not that someone wants to have a continues car payments.

Leasing is good for a few reasons.

For me, it works out that I need a very Reliable car for school, I'll be traveling between Phoenix and Tuscon for my Clinicals, staying Tuscon for up to 2 weeks at a time. I'm in school for 2 yrs, so I was able to get into the new car with NOTHING out of my pocket and payment well under 300/m Even if I were to get a 6 yr loan my payments wouldn't be under 300/m through nissan.

Once I'm done with school, I'll be looking at new Infiniti so I'm basically already qualified for a new loan through Nissan.

Also there are people who get new cars every 3 yrs, like my uncle, he leases a new car every 3 yrs, and nothing out of his pocket every time...

Tony
    Ben,

regarding getting a better rate with better credit, Nissan is the only car company that has a range of FICO scores you need to qualify, and that magic # is 630. So for people who have a FICO acore of 630 or greater,they WILL qualify for the lowest Money Factor Nissan offers which currenly is .0012 on a lease for a Versa.

Nissan doesn't charge more money if the lease is for 12 or 15K miles a year like other car companies. My lease is for 15K. But if you want to go for 20K then there is a charge for that.

Nissan has some of the best leases out there, a friend just leased a 07 BMW 335i Coupe, I couldn't beleive what BMW was offering him... Its basically take it or leave it. the money factor was .0035 for 3 yrs, they woudn't come down on the price. They are making a killing on those leases, with 3K out of pocket, only $250 going to reduce his cap cost, his payments for 36 months with 12K/yr are $625/m his payments for his total lease is 25K, the cost of the car was 46K.. the Residual on the car is 32K.... YES, BMW is making out VERY good on that deal... and yes at BMW you need tier 1 credit to get the good rate and my friends FICO score was 804....

Just a little comparison to show you how two different car company do thier leases...

I'm thinking I might have done better with a lease, at least it might have been less risky with only a 2 year commitment on a brand-new first production year vehicle (and yes it is the first production year for the Mexican plant). I broke one of my long held beleifs with the Versa which was don't buy the first production year of any vehicle. Hoping it doesn't turn out to be a mistake.

Ben
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    tony,

with regards to the lease between 12k and 15k, it is not always the case with nissans that you will get the same payment. it may be that nissan is currently offering a special that you can get the 15k miles for 12k price.

just want to clarify so people don't get confused when they go buy other nissans. i worked for 2 years for a nissan dealer, and the money factors and residuals are different between the two mileage allowances unless there is a special going on.

glad you like your versa!

-thene
    THene, thanks for the info, but when I leased my Versa the FI guy told me that Nissan was changing this starting with the 07 model.

• thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    well, this could be true! who knows! i stopped selling cars at the end of 05 - so things change. that would be very interesting if thats the case.

-thene :)
  • furlfurl Member Posts: 1
    I bought the Nissan Versa last week at Inskip Nissan in Warwick, RI. I was shopping around at several different dealerships in RI and they quoted me the lowest price. They gave me $500.00 for my 1995 Nissan Altima trade-in. I ended up getting the SL model with the CVT transmission. I also got the Convenience Package and splash guards and floor mats. I also purchased the extended warranty for 5 years and 100,000 miles. The total priced that I paid was a little over $18,000, including taxes. They even registered the car for me. It seemed like a great deal to me, as I was paying below the sticker price of the car.
  • franko1franko1 Member Posts: 15
    After driving 1000 miles I like to report my findings. The A/C is a low performer. Takes a long time to cool down with outside temp. at 95 deg. CVT tranny is noisy. Starting out from dead stop it's slower than a 4 speed tranny. Once it winds up it accelerates ok. Gas mileage avg. 29 mpg. On rough roads you get bounced around quite a bit. Overall, I can live with it's characteristics.
    Franko,

I have had my Versa since 7-8-06 and live in Phoenix AZ, and on the days we hit 114 I hadn't had much of a problem, NOW granted it keeped me cool, but not very cold, NO car well do that. But on 105 degree days with the in a underground parking garage, the A/C cools the car off very well and keep me and my passenager very comfortable.

Regarding noisy CVT, that isn't good, my car is very quiet and at times some of the passenager though my car was a hybrid as the way the car moved out.

The bouncing around I have noticed only in parking lots with those speed bumps, the rearend of the Versa isn't a Indi rearend like some of the other cars.

Regarding driving with the CVT, it does take time to get use to, but once the car learns how you drive you well be surpised on how ZEN like the car becomes..

I have 3200 miles on my right now, and really love it.

I wanted to add an update to my initial email, since I've since changed my mind greatly about Nissan of Glen Burnie and I think it's only fair to show both sides of the story and how Nissan rectified the situation. (I don't mind trashing any company when its warranted, but highly unfair when that isn't the case.) I went back in about a week ago and had them go over the numbers with me and to ask them to explain why they sold me on the 60,000k Security+ warranty that was absolutely useless for me since I will be turning the car in in 2 years. They apologized for that and issued me a prorated refund. I also found out what I paid for the car (minus all the taxes, etc.) was considerably less than what even the salesman had originally quoted me, by nearly $1,000! Egg on MY face! In the interim, the Nissan survey came to my house. Let's just say I was less than kind in my responses, lol. I was honest and said it was partly my fault for not having them fully explain all the terms and numbers before I left the dealership, but that selling me a useless extended warranty was bad on them. This morning I got a call from the dealership's manager to apologize for the terms/amounts not having been better explained and for having been sold on a warranty I didn't need. He also asked me to come back in, at a time convenient to me, and he'd go over the whole lease agreement again point by point, explaining how all the numbers were arrived at, and that, by way of extra apology, they are giving me coupons good for various additional services at no expense to me (maybe I'll get that subwoofer or rear spoiler after all, lol) along with some additional free services (beyond the standard 1-2 free oil change that come with the car, I believe it is, something like that). I was pretty impressed. To me, that is the way to practice good business. Any business is only as good as its consumers' happiness with the experience. So kudos to them, and I'd once again highly recommend them to others.

As for the car itself, I adore it. It handles like a dream, the gas mileage is excellent, and it's a true pleasure to drive. Has anyone else had the experience of people constantly stopping them to ask about the car? Since I got the car 2 weeks ago, at least 6 different people have stopped me, at the grocery store, at work, at my gym, etc., to ask me about the car and one guy even wanted to poke his head inside it, which I allowed, lol. One guy told me he'd been in the market for a new car for his wife. They've both only ever driven Hondas. But he liked the look of this car, and the price, so much that he'd planned on taking his wife to a nearby dealership that weekend to give it a test drive. I wonder if he ended up buying it.

So anyway, at the end of it all, I'm now very satisfied with my purchase and with how Sheehy Glen Burnie handled it.

And my thanks again to everyone on this forum. People here are knowledgeable and kind and so helpful, it makes the whole experience of buying a new car today such a much less painful experience.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Congratulations and thank you for following up with this post.
  • utguy38utguy38 Member Posts: 1
    Just curious if anyone on the forum knows if the VPP plan is currently not being accepted on Versas? I've seen other posts on the forums talking about using the VPP on their Versa's but when I went to a dealership on Friday they told me it couldn't be used (because the Versa was such a quick selling item) but they offered to take $500 off MSRP. :confuse: Thanks!!
  • rcinmdrcinmd Member Posts: 139
    I have looked at Versas locally, and always mention that I qualify for VPP. To date, no responses indicating that the car does not "qualify". It is really up to the dealership I think. I recall that when the Xterra came out it was such a hot seller, that the plan would not be accepted on that purchase. Today, not the same story I'm sure.
    In fact, the salesman locally mentioned Friday that sales of the Versa seem to have slowed, though I think that is more a function of inventories, as the start-up of the Sentra may be biting into Versa production for the time being. As for Sentra, he had one that had an MSRP over $21K. yikes
  • rbrittinghamrbrittingham Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone purchased a Nissan Versa SL CVT with:
    ABS
    Kick Plate
    Comvenience Pkg.
    Considering purchasing one, although I know I may have to wait awhile.
    If I may ask. What was your out the door price?
    Thanks,
    Regina
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    With the demand of the Versa, especially the SL, you'll probably going to pay MSRP, so you can go to the nissan webpage to find out the cost. But remember that the actual car on the lot may have a few more options than you want. For example I'm looking for an SL, but the only one they can find costs over $18K because it has a sunroof, bluetooth, upgraded audio, etc...none of which I want. I just want an SL with CVT and the MSRP of that with destination is $16,100, but I probably won't find an base SL with CVT without some other option.
    Thanks for your response.What are the 2006 invoice prices that you have found as the info. I received shows the CVT invoice is $900 which puts the car with SL and freight, already in $16,000 (taxes not included). What tax rate area are you in because this can add considerable amount of $$$$$$. Yes, the dealership's/Nissan really pushes the extras. We decided we will only buy what we want. if they want to throw the options in for free, well that's got to be stated in the contract as we refuse to pay for anything other than what we want.
    If you wait until you find a Versa with the exact option you want, you may be waiting a long time to buy! A base Versa SL with CVT and nothing else has an MSRP of $16,200. A dealer had one in St Louis for $18,200 that had a sunroof, bluetooth, audio package, etc..., so before taxes, you're looking at at least $16,100 for a SL with CVT and no other options.
    Thank you again. Yes, My husband and I are willing to wait. We figure if we are going to own a car for approximately 8 years, we can wait at least 6 months maybe longer. That way we can save more money and perhaps prices will go down as sales even out. Thanks, again for the info.
    FIrst off the VErsa is a 07 model so there are no 06 models, 2nd go to Edmonds.com and you can get all the invoice prices you need...

Tony
  • joannerjoanner Member Posts: 10
    I saw the Versa at a local car show and wanted to test drive it. I got a call last Thursday, November 9, that the dealership had one and I went over that afternoon. It didn't have the options I wanted (CVT and ABS, and no other options). The salesman said "let's build one," and we went on line. He printed out what I wanted and went to see the sales manager. They both told me they would order exactly what I wanted and asked me to sign a "retail buyers order." They said this was no obligation to buy the car but that when it came in, it would have my name on it and I could buy it or not. I also HAD to purchase the floor mats and splash guards, according to them. They said it was not their policy but Nissan's. I asked them why they were listed as options but again told me it was Nissan and not them. The extra cost: $260.

Well this whole scenario has been bothtering emensely over the past few days to the point that I don't want to deal with them. Three people at the dealership told me I would not be oligated to buy the car and I didn't put anything down. Also they pointed out that the paper didn't have a stock number or vin number on it. They knew that my father had recently passed away and I feel that they took advantage, as he was my source for the information.

By the way, the price of the car was $410 over the MSRP listed on the "build your Versa" web site.

Does this sound like I might be in for a legal battle when the car comes in? They said in about 6 weeks, but others have pointed here that they won't be available until February at the earliest.

HELP! Looking for advice (and I will never, ever sign a paper again unless I am purchasing).
    sounds to me like buyers remorse...

But if you want to back out of the deal, call the dealer up and speak to he sales manager directly and get them to cancel the deal.

BTW, what did you want on your Versa ?

Tony
    You can ask your dealer for the national Customer Service Number for Nissan. If they do not give it to you then this number is somewhere on this forum, or you can post a thread for the number. These individuals make a "folder" for you and post your complaints. the individual I spoke with stated that I was not obligated to purchase floor mats nor splash guards as they are listed as optional. We were firm and stated we would not purchase and the dealer backed down. The National Customer Service individual was going to phone our dealership and lodge our complaint. If enough complaints are lodged they will cause dealerships to stop selling.
    You will enjoy your car. The Dealers/internet/Fleet overall are not good. However, the car you will enjoy. Again, we are being patient knowing our car will not come in until Feb or March with eveything we want. Do not settle for anything less than what you want. All dealerships want to do is sell a car, not necessarily the style or options you have in mind. It's what is available to them on that particular day or month.
    The Best
  • masboymasboy Member Posts: 1
    I'm still debating between Versa vs Yaris, but seems like I might go with Versa. I was wondering for people who bought Versa, how much you guys paid out the door ? Just the basic one, the $13K. Do u think it's possible to get less than or equal $12K out the door ??

thanks!
    Considering the Invoice price for a base Versa is $12,065, I think it would be highly unlikely to get an out the door price of less than $12,000, unless you live in a state with zero sales taxes, no document fees, and are at a dealer with a bunch of base model Versas they need to unload. Or you have a trade-in that the dealer knows they can get a few thousand profit from, so then they might give you a really good deal on the car.
  • cathy8cathy8 Member Posts: 37
    I live in Canada and just purchased a Versa SL for $22,000 including freight and a $100 A/C tax. I had to wait 2 1/2 months but 2 weeks of that was because the car was stuck in Vancouver due to a strike. Where I live there are only 3 Nissan dealers in the city, 1 an hour away and 1 three hours away. None are discounting the price from MSRP. So, in the end I chose the dealership closest to me.
  • mezavalamezavala Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I'm just trying to buy one through carsdirect and with MSRP $16410 they just told me that the lease for 24 months will be $220 per month and that if I want to finance with $4000 of down payment I'll get monthly payments of $300 for 60 months...Insights anybody??? I'm really new at this and I'm already tired of asking prices....the APR is 9. something??? I'm getting a good deal???
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Member Posts: 504
    the APR is 9. something??? I'm getting a good deal???

Granting that the interest rate will always depend upon your credit score, my immediate impression is that you can do better than "9. something." That is really high, in fact. As a matter of reference, I have just taken out a 48-month auto loan at 5.75% (60-month would have been 6.00% at the same financial institution). Try loan shopping by getting online (E-Loan, Lending Tree, etc.), and also check with your local banks and credit unions. Do not just go with the rate that the dealership gives you. Like anything, always comparison-shop loan rates before you decide.
    I do not know which State or Country you are from. However, I'm from Northern California and there is a Versa SL, Blue Onyx with CVT (no ABS) AND DEALER financing for 60 months currently is 1.9% with NO PENALTY for early Pay Off. We ordered in November and are waiting until February (time goes by pretty fast) to receive this PKG:
    Nissa Versa SL Blue Onyx, CVT, Convenience PKG. (Blue Tooth and 6 CD Changer), ABS and KickPlate. We refused to purchase the mats or splash guards at dealer price. We told them we would walk and they new we were serious so they backed down.
    Nine percent is criminal!
    As others have mentioned, financing will depend on your credit rating. If we were to purchase from a fairly local dealer now which we aren't, we have an excellent credit rating, so we would be eligible for the 1.9% financing through dealer. This is a Special through the dealer I believe to promote the Versa SL, CVT as they are beginning to show up (they don't have what we want). From private financing we can get as low as 5.4%.
  • mezavalamezavala Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice guys... it was a terrible "deal" I turned them down...
    I took a lease for the same VERSA for 24 months $199 a month from another dealer. I live in NY and I decided to paid the taxes up front so my total first payment was $2000 that includes down payment, first month lease and security deposit, DMV fees for plates and registration and the taxes for the 24 months. So each month I'll have to pay $199 even. I hope that I did a good a deal now! I'm enjoying my new VERSA that so far is GREAT! ;)
  • musebandrulesmusebandrules Member Posts: 3
    Great dealership at Nissan of Athens (in GA)...they were very helpful, nice, and competitive when shopping for a loan...

I don't think I really got a great deal (as I just about paid sticker price), but we needed the car, i had no trade in, and we didn't have to take out a very large loan...so this was great timing because the car i wanted was there...

Silver Versa SL, CVT, Convenience Package, Splash guards, mats...out the door 16950.

The car has been pretty much what I expected and wanted...I love it...
    Does that include tax, licensing, etc.?
  • 74apollo74apollo Member Posts: 22
    Does your new Versa SL have ABS?
  • cathy8cathy8 Member Posts: 37
    Yes, in Canada the SL comes with ABS. It've very cold and icy here so I've used it a lot since getting the car 2 weeks ago.
  • heyoheyo Member Posts: 5
    If I can get a Versa SL w/ convenience package for $16,500.00should I go for it?

I'm struggling w/ Honda Civic vs. Nissan Versa.