Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Nissan Owners Club - Meet the Members

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,189
edited March 25 in Nissan
Hello Nissan owners! Welcome to the Edmunds forums.
Whether you're a first time Nissan owner or having been driving them for years, take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your vehicle.

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,189
    We've been Nissan owners ever since my wife's first new car, a 1980 Datsun B210 hatchback. I think the count is at 14 now, various Sentras, a Stanza wagon, a 4x4 pickup, an Altima, a few Versa hatches (daughters love them) and a Versa Note that's currently undergoing cosmetic surgery for interaction with a deer

Seems very likely that there's a Rogue coming in the next couple of weeks, so the streak continues

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 117,214
    Rogue, not Rogue Sport?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Probably not, but we shall see :)

Edmunds Moderator

So apparently, 8 weeks into the process, the insurance company "is thinking" about my Versa Note being totalled. SO glad they changed to handling all this through an app rather than dealing with UGH people, so that the process would be streamlined [insert primal scream HERE]

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? p[email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

2019 Rogue S with some addons. I'll post pics as soon as it's not DARK outside and add more details :)

$26,000 even OTD

Edmunds Moderator

Shh...be vewy vewy quiet... the new baby is sleeping :)

Edmunds Moderator

S or SV?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

S or SV?

Never mind, I skipped over the post prior to the pic.

I'll have better and more pics once I get a sunny day :)

Edmunds Moderator

• JustinSJustinS TampaPosts: 24
    Congrats @PF_Flyer !
    Edmunds Customer Care
    All it took was money ;)

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2
    Dash view of the new ride. Seems like a lot of the Nissan models now have the D-shaped steering wheel with the flat bottom. I'm kinda neutral on the appearance. I think it accomplishes the task of at least the feeling of more leg room for the driver. Hasn't bothered me as far as function. The only very minor gripe about the layout are the cruise buttons. The Cancel button is raised higher and sits right where my thumb falls if I rest my right hand on the inside of the wheel. Find I can accidentally cancel cruise if I'm not paying attention

Edmunds Moderator

And I like the rear "theater seating" as this shot from eye level in the rear shows. Lots of forward visibility for rear seat passengers.

Edmunds Moderator

Great pictures! How do you find the quality of the interior materials?

My experiences with Nissan have been limited to rentals (one Altima SL, one Maxima SV), and I've found the interiors to be pleasant, if a bit dark, due to all the black that is used.

edited April 2
    Yea a bit dark. Offset a bit by the light colored pillars, headliner, visors. Cloth, but we've had a lot of seat time with cloth Nissan seat materials and have had no issues. Seat material feels pretty sturdy, although the back seat cover WILL be in place as the dog tries to clamber on board :)

Nissan owners will understand... it feels very Nissan inside :)

Once I figure out all the configurations for the cargo area, I'll post pictures of that.

Split fold down rear seats also recline and are adjustable front to back, to create more cargo space with rear seat passengers

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2
    Oh yea, I find the passenger airbag light a touch annoying. It works different than in my past vehicles. Every vehicle I've had, the light only comes on when there's enough weight on the seat to let the car know that someone/something is on the seat, but not enough weight to be an adult, so the airbag is disabled and the light comes on.

In the Rogue, the light is on if the seat is empty as well. Kind of odd if you ask me. You can see the light on just in front of the shift lever in the first photo since the car was running

Edmunds Moderator

Got to use the double decker configuration for the cargo hold in the Rogue today 😬

Pretty handy

Edmunds Moderator

• gtifsportgtifsport Posts: 1
    Does your Rogue have a power tailgate, @PF_Flyer ?
    No power tailgate. Didn't go all the way to that package

Edmunds Moderator

Wife has always wanted a Z. She might even take the 300ZX Turbo I saw this morning

Edmunds Moderator

Saw a Cube yesterday and it occurred to me that I had not seen one in a looong time. They've pretty much disappeared around here.

Edmunds Moderator

Just transported a load of oversized "stuff" home from Lowes over the last few days for renovating my shed, and it reminded me to post my tie-down method for my hatch lid. No ropes, just a carabiner and a short bungee cord. Just push the carabiner into the latch mechanism and hook the bungee to tie down the hatch. Press the button to open the hatch to release the carabiner. Easy peasy!

Edmunds Moderator

Just saying, always order a pile of mulch that's bigger than your car :)

Edmunds Moderator

Got to the first oil change/rotation on the new Rogue after our trip to the Indy 500. Also had the tires purged and put nitrogen in. Keeps the tires in a more consistent pressure range as temps change. I stay on top of my tire pressures and rotations, so I never really run into pressures going low over time, but nitrogen does reduce pressure loss over time. I get my bike tires purged and filled with nitrogen in the spring nd they stay up to snuff all summer. Just over 1,100 miles in about 60 hours and no fatigue from the ride. A very Nissan-like ride and comfortable. Back seat passengers comfy with the reclining rear seats, and the theater seating where you have a view of what's going on up ahead is nice.

Edmunds Moderator

Nissan IDx concept

They call this "retro". I guess I see a bit of retro with those side mirrors up towards the fenders, but the overall effect doesn't evoke "nostalgia" to me

Edmunds Moderator

PF_Flyer said:

Nissan IDx concept

They call this "retro". I guess I see a bit of retro with those side mirrors up towards the fenders, but the overall effect doesn't evoke "nostalgia" to me

That reminds me of a mid 70's Toyota Celica.

I GUESS they're leaning towards a 1970 Datsun Sunny

Edmunds Moderator

PF_Flyer said:

I GUESS they're leaning towards a 1970 Datsun Sunny

Yep, I can see the resemblence.

One of the first places I ever saw those forward mounted mirrors was at the Jack Nicklaus museum (don't skip it if you're ever at OSU) on some advertising he did for Nissan. There was even a Jack Nicklaus Edition Nissan Gloria

Edmunds Moderator