Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Can someone evaluate my lease quote.

wineishealthywineishealthy Posts: 41
edited May 25 in Mercedes-Benz
Can someone evaluate my lease quote? Leasehacker calculator is coming back with $643 and the dealer is at $699.34
It's an MBenz GLC 300 coupe 36/10K miles. I've asked for the MF and was told its the standard MF no actual number has been given to me yet.
Should the monthly be lower?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,217

Can someone evaluate my lease quote? Leasehacker calculator is coming back with $643 and the dealer is at $699.34
    It's an MBenz GLC 300 coupe 36/10K miles. I've asked for the MF and was told its the standard MF no actual number has been given to me yet.
    Should the monthly be lower?

How are you able to calculate a lease payment if you don't know the MF?

But, same problem as your other quote - we believe HI taxes the monthly payment on a lease, and the numbers on that worksheet show taxation against the full selling price.

We show .00084 and 53% for 36/10

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• wineishealthywineishealthy Posts: 41
    They did say that tax most likely will change, they are still working out the math. "HI taxes the monthly payment on a lease" would this increase or decrease the payments?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,217

They did say that tax most likely will change, they are still working out the math. "HI taxes the monthly payment on a lease" would this increase or decrease the payments?

Decrease, since you are only paying tax on the depreciation amount of the car, not the entire selling price.

"They are still working out the math" - what, the dealer only has one abacus to pass around?

Computer software can (and should) do this in a matter of seconds.

Heck, use this link to build your own lease calculator, then you can double check the dealer numbers:
    https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

The more you share about this experience, the less I'm liking the dealer.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• wineishealthywineishealthy Posts: 41
    Thank you Michaell