Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Forums Feedback and Suggestions

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,882
edited June 3 in General
Whether you’re experiencing technical issues or have a suggestion for our forums, this is the place to share your feedback and ideas. You can also contact our Customer Care team

We always appreciate your help in reporting technical issues or errors on the site you may come across.

When reporting a technical issue, it’s always helpful to have as much information as possible. Be sure to include the device, browser and operating system you’re experiencing the problem on as this can be useful in trying to diagnose the problem.

Be sure to upvote (like) any suggestions from other members

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs

Comments

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moPosts: 24,194
    I find that after I comment by doing a "quote" I have to go back in and "Hilight" it after or it doesn't have a gray background.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,882
    Not clear on what you mean by "Hilight" it after. Let me try to quote you here

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

driver100 said:

I find that after I comment by doing a "quote" I have to go back in and "Hilight" it after or it doesn't have a gray background.

OK, here I quoted you... let's see

Edmunds Moderator

Now a quote of a quote

Edmunds Moderator

PF_Flyer said:

driver100 said:

OK, here I quoted you... let's see
    And..

Edmunds Moderator

@driver100 I think I've seen a quote NOT in a gray box before, if that's what you mean. Doing any backspacing or anything?

Edmunds Moderator

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,801
    driver100 said:

After the third or fourth quote in a string, the prior post will drop out of the gray box. No getting around that.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,188
    edited June 7
    kyfdx said:

driver100 said:

After the third or fourth quote in a string, the prior post will drop out of the gray box. No getting around that.
    So let's try another. I think the quote above ought to be in a shaded box.

Let's see if the one below is or isn't:

Ah ha! It isn't. The reason why is that it lacks the "class="Quote" rel="kyfdx"" text after the blockquote command. Without that, all "blockquote" does is indent.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

I would sure be glad if the pull-downs for images, emojis, etc would work consistently. This morning the image command worked, but shortly thereafter I had a second post, tried to use the emojis, and they were frozen. My browser is Firefox which has become notoriously flaky the last while, but the incosistency is annoying,

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

edited June 7
    kyfdx said:

driver100 said:

Ah, this is actually something most of us don't bother to mess with, but IS a setting in your profile. I pointed it out in the new Welcome to the Forums thread, but here it is:

Quote Settings

This setting determines how many levels of quoted comments you would like to view within a comment. The default is set at 1 level, but you may choose up to 5 levels, or "Don't ever fold quotes."

But no matter how many levels you show, at some point the gray box eventually drops out of the way. One level seems to work for me.

Edmunds Moderator

ab348 said:

I would sure be glad if the pull-downs for images, emojis, etc would work consistently. This morning the image command worked, but shortly thereafter I had a second post, tried to use the emojis, and they were frozen. My browser is Firefox which has become notoriously flaky the last while, but the incosistency is annoying,

@ab348 Yep, we have the Vanilla folks looking into this. It's a very spotty thing and hard to reproduce on a consistent basis. With the number of combinations and permutations or devices, operating systems, and browser versions out there, sometimes I'm amazed the whole internet doesn't need a good set of tire chains :)

Firefox used to be my main browser, but it DID get flaky and I mostly use Chrome now. I need a new personal laptop so I can get Firefox back on my test list

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 7
    BTW... really appreciate having all this tech stuff dropped in this discussion. MUCH easier to have it seen here into than in the middle of some active thread like Cars & Convos!

Gold stars all around!

Edmunds Moderator

PF_Flyer said:

Firefox used to be my main browser, but it DID get flaky and I mostly use Chrome now. I need a new personal laptop so I can get Firefox back on my test list

It was so bad this morning that I finally took the official advice from Firefox and did a Firefox Refresh. My advice: don't. It absolutely wrecked my bookmarks, making not only the toolbar disappear but also showing me with no bookmarks anywhere at all. It took me the better part of the morning doing searches and reading responses from other folks who had the same thing occur, before I found a fix that I could actually understand and perform. Plus all of your extensions and add-ons go away, and any customization of the look you did disappears too. I don't know what they are thinking there these days. I'm about done with it.

Yea, FF and I pretty much parted ways. I really DID like it, but then it was like, we're never really going to update this again. I was keeping it around on my now-dead personal laptop just to be able to try and replicate issues someone here might be having

Edmunds Moderator

PF_Flyer said:

@ab348 Yep, we have the Vanilla folks looking into this. It's a very spotty thing and hard to reproduce on a consistent basis. With the number of combinations and permutations or devices, operating systems, and browser versions out there, sometimes I'm amazed the whole internet doesn't need a good set of tire chains :)

Here's an update based on a single data point which may or may not mean anything.

Earlier this morning I made a post in the Project Cars forum and tried to post a picture. The icon was non-responsive again. I even exited FF entirely and then came back to try again, still no go.

Just now, 1 hour or more later, I made a post in the "I spotted an obscure classic car" forum. Lo and behold, posting a picture now worked there, so I did. Then I went back to the Project Car forum again to try to post the picture I wanted in there. No response, same as before.

Could the problem be specific to only certain discussions I wonder?

I don’t think so, but it never hurts to document the odd stuff. What device and operating system?

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 8
    PF_Flyer said:

I don’t think so, but it never hurts to document the odd stuff. What device and operating system?

Dell Inspiron laptop w/ Intel I5, Win 10, Firefox latest version (67 I think).

I had the brainstorm that I could post the picture I wanted in the classic car spotter forum, copy the resultant code, and paste it in the project car forum. I tried to post the picture again there one last time and it still wouldn't respond, so I did the copy/paste of the line of code from the other forum and it worked.

Was the code for an image that was hosted somewhere? That would work, just like posting the code to a YouTube video works and displays the video here.

Still, every bit of information is welcome

Edmunds Moderator

No, it was a local image on my PC. So I posted it in the one group that allowed me to do so, immediately went back to that post in edit mode and copied the line of code with the IMG info in it, then went to the other board and pasted that line there, and finally deleted it from the first place I posted it.

• sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,613
    In the past month or so the Attach Image icon does not seem to work. Most of the pictures that I post I saved in my documents folder on my Microsoft Surface. When I click on the Attach Image icon nothing happens. If a picture is saved on my Samsung Galaxy S6, the Attach Image icon works fine. Is there a setting on my Surface that I need to address? Thanks

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL/Nav

sda said:

In the past month or so the Attach Image icon does not seem to work. Most of the pictures that I post I saved in my documents folder on my Microsoft Surface. When I click on the Attach Image icon nothing happens. If a picture is saved on my Samsung Galaxy S6, the Attach Image icon works fine. Is there a setting on my Surface that I need to address? Thanks

A very elusive issue that's not affecting everyone, so it's frustrating and difficult to pin down, but documenting what's going on should help corner the beast. Really appreciate the feedback and "testing"!

Edmunds Moderator