Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• awilliamawilliam Member Posts: 5
    I looked at this and finally bought the base model which is quite loaded , it even has back up camera. Got excellent price for the base model at Pohanka. The only difference between the base and tech models is navigation , but for 3500 $... it is not justifiable
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,550
    more than just navi, but everyone has to make the value judgement . If we do get one, it will be a base model.

you also get fancier stereo (with harddrive) which I can live without, a power hatch (no interest) and HID lights (just not a big deal to me).

so overall, not worth the large cost differential. I can open my own hatch, and use the Garmin on the rare times I need navi.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• jackhowejackhowe Member Posts: 1
    got a quote in houston for 35.5k drive out for base model. what you guys think?
    hard to say without knowing what taxes and DMV fees are. back those out and you can get better opintion!

• alston28alston28 Member Posts: 98
    Amber brownstone. Paid $34,245
  • kreozzkreozz Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2012
    Does anyone have any experience negotiating decent price in Boston area? Also, when saying what you have paid, it makes sense to mention exact configuration, i.e. tech. package and/or AWD.
    what does that color look like? My wife is waiting to see it, and the dealer has nto had any in yet.

• fastgstfastgst Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2012
    I was quoted $2k off for the AWD tech around $40k.

Is there any reason I cannot ask for another $1000 off?
    I know it's hardball but really do not need this vehcle unless they give me a deal, no deal then I walk.
    Since the accessories are incredibly expensive, like roof rail for $850 installed, and that does not include a $250 cross bar before you can use them.

What's the invoice on it?
    you can ask for anything. Just don't expect to get it as long as there is strong demand and relatively tight supply.

If you are talking about just the base sticker, 2K is about dead invoice. so odds are, you aren't getting another 1K below that (even if you can get the first 2K).

but, if you are factoring in the accessories, there is a huge mark-up on those, so have at them!

not actually needing the car is a great position to be in. make your offer to all the local dealers, and if one bites for some reason, you hit the jackpot. if not, you either live without or pay more.

• chefkelchefkel Member Posts: 4
    Hey stick guy, was that for an awd model? Which dealer did you go to? I'm in n. Cali too.

Thanks
    edited June 2012
    The sales did call me and quoted me $2K,
    now there may be other tricks when I go in, but seems legit.
    if that was the verbal price then there is room to go.
    I like shopping Lexus and Acura they are up front and not much games, you got money, you buy.

I know these sells quickly, and until the "gotta have it NOW" crowd have bought it, they are in demand.

Thanks for your help.
    hard to compare if they are starting at a dealer add-on price.

Like you said, if they added $500 (cost) options at a list of $1,500, then they can show a much bigger discount off the addendum sticker.

I would just look at what you would reasonably pay for the accessories (price them out on-line, since you can buy all of them from dealers over the internet), add that to the MSRP, then subtract what the actual$ price they quoted you is. That way, you can see the "true" discount.

the internet quote I got locally was for $1,400 off MSRP on an AWD tech (before any accessories which would have to be negotiated separately). Slightly lower discounts on the cheaper models.

edited June 2012
    I was quoted without the accessories and did not mention my needs to the sales, we were just talking about the car sticker itself. most of the RDX comes in bare with no accessories right now.

I only started to look at add-ons because I needed to carry more sporting goods. I already memorized the prices of the accessories.

I'm not talking about cargo mat... The thing is, I heard you'd want the dealer to install the accessories to get warranty, not DIY adding on a hitch or roof rail.
    So if you can get something off in that area might be OK to buy it when you close the deal.
    2K off MSRP with no add-ons sounds like a really strong price.

• alston28alston28 Member Posts: 98
    I should have said this is the base model. My wife saw it and loves it. It is in the brown metallic family but, depending on the light, I see a lot of grey. It seems to me that they are hard to find, perhaps a combination of limited production as well as popularity. Who would have guessed that a brown car would be so popular.
  • spdr99spdr99 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an AWD with Tech and $335.00 of accessories for $38K from Acura of Boston.
    Does anyone know the margin for the accessories?

When I was looking at the MDX forum it seems people have gotten these things (labor included) installed for almost 50% of the e-store price.

Since I am interested in a couple of big overpriced accessories anyway.. maybe better to ask for the accessories than asking for solid dollar amount off.
  • kreozzkreozz Member Posts: 27
    If that includes destination charge, it basically means about $2.5k off MSPR, which is a good trend, yet not enough for me. Did you get the deal through internet, or did you negotiate in person? What is the supply situation there, do hey have plenty of RDXs on the lot?
  • abybabyabybaby Member Posts: 3
    Hey
    Just got a 2013 rdx fwd base model for $32,450+ tax, registration and 299 doc fee. Is this a good price ? I called three other dealers but none of them were willing to match that price.

Thanks
    considering that is $2,800 off MSRP, and $700 below invoice, I would say it is absurdly good.

heck, if they offered me that much of a discount, my wife would be getting one after all!

Have to ask though, did you have a trade in? Or add a bunch of accessories? Because if not, I really don't see how you got one so cheap.

and what the heck, since I too am in NJ, what dealer?

Hey stickguy,
    Thanks for your response. to answer both your questions:
    - I got only one accessory worth $280 bucks but that was added last minute, the car price was negotiated before that.
    - I got it from Denville
    Sorry, forgot to mention - Did not trade in anything.
    well, based on that, if you got $2,800 off MSRP you got a killer deal. I might have to drive the 1.5 hours or so up north for that!

edited June 2012
    Does anyone know how truecar.com works.

Let me make an example.. if it says dealer cost is $30,000 in the bell chart.
    and there is a $1k rebate incentive going on from the manufacturer.
    Does that mean the dealer have another $1000 of room to move and for me to negotiate?
    e.g.Their cost becomes $29,000. Or is that already included in the $30,000 figure.
  • happy_chrissyhappy_chrissy Member Posts: 9
    I got multiple quotes from different dealerships in Long Island. The lowest price I received for the 2013 RDX 4WD Base $34500. not too bad??
  • quakerwildcatquakerwildcat Member Posts: 39
    The dealers themselves will let you know if you can do better. Call the others and tell them thanks for the quote but you got a better deal. If all of the others let you walk, then you can't do better. It's really that simple.

P.S. - They probably won't, and you probably can.

P.P.S. - Make sure you're comparing apples to apples by asking for your quote to include all non-tax charges and fees, and any accessories you want included.
    Actually I went to one Acura dealership on the Northshore and they told me they couldn't, and to take it if that was the price and good luck! haha can you believe that?? I think I am done.
  • quakerwildcatquakerwildcat Member Posts: 39
    That's a good sign. One rule of mine when buying a new car is you don't stop negotiating until competing dealers are telling you to take the deal.

That being said, it doesn't hurt to have that conversation with the other dealers too, and make sure at least one of them is a high volume dealer. When I bought my base 2WD RDX last month, I spoke with 5 different dealers, and the price eventually dropped another $1200 from the time the first smaller dealer told me he couldn't beat the deal.
  • saz_1saz_1 Member Posts: 30
    Just bought a 2013 RDX AWD with Tech.

Price was 36,329 + TTL. It was 38,000 OTD.

Hope that helps someone. This forum was very helpful to me to know where people were in terms of price and it feels good to return with some info.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    That appears to be about $4000 below MSRP which is quite a deal. What dealer did you buy this from and was there a trade involved?
    No trade involved. It was Radley Acura in Falls Church, VA.
    The best I've seen in all the RDX forums is about $2800 below MSRP. Your deal was way below invoice. Don't mean to offend but did you mean to say it was a 2012? The 2013s just came out and are pretty in demand is the reason I ask.
    You're not offending me at all. I know I got a pretty good price relative to where they are selling at right now.

Yes it is a 2013 AWD with Tech. The dealer charges a 395 processing fee, which I'm sure is a profit center for them. Still, the manager gave me what I considered a deal that was too good to turn down.

They also give free oil changes and state inspections for 4 years, but they are a bit out of the way for me to do that with them.
    Congrats then on a super deal. Did you have to go through a ton of email and back and forth with numerous dealers or did you just go in and deal?
    Not a ton of back and forth, but I did email about 20 dealers within a 200 mile radius and worked my way down.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Wow....that is a great deal for a 2013 RDX AWD with tech package! Good job! I too am in the market for the same vehicle. I am on Long Island. What is the best deal anyone has found for a similar vehicle in the NY metro area and if possible would you share the name of the dealer and contact info?
  • dibbyddibbyd Member Posts: 10
    I'm with m6user... no offense, but without seeing the paperwork, I can't believe that price. That's almost $2000 below invoice on a brand new model that is still selling well with no incentives. Even with the doc fee the dealer would have made no money on that deal.
  • golfbroker1955golfbroker1955 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2013 RDX AWD (non tech) from Acura of Huntington. Email their Internet Sales Manager for a price on any RDX model and I believe it will be the lowest quote you will receive in this area. Just had to add DMV fees and taxes-no add ons or special fees. A no pressure sales experience. Let us know how you make out. Good Luck.
    Another dealership just emailed me that they are willing to go down another $300 so from $34500 to $34200, however I am suppose to pick up the car tomorrow from the dealership that gave me $34500. The $34200 dealership told me to come in to see what else they can give me, do you think it is worth it? The dealership is almost 1 hour away? What do you guys think??? $300 is not that big of a different payment wise..
    well, you might technically not have an enforceable deal, but you did make one. But, can always tell them the the other deal you were working with made the offer, and good chance they just meet it.

edited June 2012
    Ok, you just bought....what are the price details???
  • golfbroker1955golfbroker1955 Member Posts: 4
    May be moot now as price ($35,500.) listed in post #1295 is lower than price I paid by $200. also on Long Island. The new quote ($34,200.) poster mentions is under dealer invoice of $34,325. which is incredible for this car with no current national dealer incentives other than for military. My deal was cash, no trade, and no add on fees or previously installed accessories at inflated prices. Very satisfied with whole transaction at dealership where I bought my Base RDX AWD.
    As an aside, how does poster know that dealer one hour away who emailed quote of $34,200. won't have some bogus prep fee or security code fee as a mandatory charge at time of sale like I have seen at other dealerships. Just saying!
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Anything is possible, I was able to get a 2011 BMW 328i (oct 2011) with the packages I wanted, for below cost, deals can be had... Of course some people did not believe this which was find with me.
    edited June 2012
    My sales person did original quote me $2k off, and now a week later saying they were doing $2k but they are now only $1.5k off.
    Because they don't have enough cars he said.
    Of course I said see ya, then he said "well would you be interested if it was $2k off"?
    That weakened my chance of getting some accessories included. And he was not interested going further with this, So no deal.

I am waiting for people to stop flocking in to buy it at high prices. There are plenty of inventory coming in.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi,

In the end what was the MSRP on your RDX AWD and what was the purchase price. How flexible was the dealership? Was it a take it or leave it deal? Is there any flexibility with regard to accessories and is there a full compliment of colors? In my case I an interested in the tech version. Does anybody have any other experiences they care to share in their quest in leasing/purchasing their vehicles on Long Island?

Thanks to all!
    OK. I just signed the bottom line today and I got a 2013 RDX 4WD Base for $33,500 in Long Island. How bout that???
    OK. I just signed the bottom line today and I got a 2013 RDX 4WD Base for $33,500 in Long Island. How bout that???
    no trade? no extras? If so, that is a full 3K off sticker, and definitely below invoice. So a hell of a deal, and really surprised you could get that off.

And if the dealer last night had offered me that while I was looking around, my wife might have a new car today!

• dibbyddibbyd Member Posts: 10
    That's not exactly a stunning comparison. The 2011 3 series was on it's way out at the end of it's model run and was supported by significant incentives (I was shopping for one around that time frame as well). The 2013 RDX is only a few months old and supported by no incentives, other than leases or possibly holiday financing. I few weeks ago I bought a 2012 Acura TL for well below invoice, but again, that was supported heavily by Acura cash incentives. Unless the poster's dealer enjoys giving away cars at cost or for a loss, I don't see how the deal could have happened, especially with no trade in to recoup money on. In the end, unless the deal can be proven, I just wouldn't want other shoppers to see that post and feel like they can walk into their dealer and expect the dealer not to laugh in their face for making an offer at $2K under invoice on a 2013 RDX.