Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Luxury Lounge

Comments

• Options
    tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    I noticed on my 335 that it has some type of Hill-holder device that keeps the car from rolling back on a hill. ... it is probably on the 135 as well.

It is. My 135i Coupe is a stick and has it. The wife has not driven the car even once. She did drive the Jag last week. Hmmmm... maybe this isn't such a bad situation after all. :)

Actually, she can drive a stick. She just is too busy with her cell phone in her hand (constantly), IMO. Two weeks ago, I handed her the keys to the Porsche, said "You drive", and took her to lunch. she was thrilled, but on the way, sure enough her cell phone ended up in her hand and she was yaking to a girlfriend, while trying to shift the car at the same time. It's pitiful. I should have just invited the girlfriend to lunch as well.

Since then, I have a Tooki integrated Bluetooth at the dealership (hands-free telephone system) ready to be installed. And I am aware that the 135i has hands-free telephone. I just need to make sure she can figure out the iDrive to use it. :confuse:

TM
  • Options
    LOL... good point. I do remember this one particular night... but then again, I don't really remember much of it at all. Good thing she got me home safely.

TM
  • Options
    I'm not completely taken by the Jag XF at this point.

The 7-speed sounds like a good thing to come along! :)

TM
  • Options
    louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    Too many Vettes? Yes.

Too many Z06s? Hardly.
  • Options
    She just is too busy with her cell phone in her hand (constantly), IMO

Well, that's not going to be a problem anymore in about a week. California is banning all hand-held phones while driving starting 7/1. With that being said...

Get the stick.
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    ...I drove him to the party at a "Lazer Zone" with my blue TL still covered in Zaino... then went out to the parking lot and buffed the TL!

Ew! I'd hate to see all the swirl marks you made from all that road dust/grime accumulated on the trip. When your Zaino wears down, you're gonna cry. :cry:
  • Options
    Okay, here's my very brief review for Zaino...

Zaino All-in-One - Not impressed at all, felt just like what those car wash places would use.

Zaino Z-5 Pro - Not bad but nothing to write home about.

Maybe because my expectation was high but obviously Zaino didn't live up to it. Overall they are still one of the best waxing products I've ever used but definitely not in a league of their own.
  • Options
    California is banning all hand-held phones while driving starting 7/1. With that being said...

Yeah, I have an appointment to get Tooki integrated into the Porsche.

But, as far as the wife goes... she already has BlueTooth in the MDX,

Personally, I don't think they will write that many tickets.

Are they moving violations that will place "points" against the license?

TM
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    Yeah, I thought of that...after the fact. I just so wanted to buff and enjoy. But, upon inspection all appears well. If I notice swirls or lines, Z-5. If it's bad, time for a new car!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    Enjoy the shine. What I'm most impressed about with the Z-5, Z-2 polish is how long it lasts. Z-2 is the uber-bling shine, I just put on a coat of Z-2 over the earlier Z-5 coats. Looks great, glass/mirror shine!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    You did that on purpose!! New 2009 TL, perhaps?

Regards,
    OW
  • Options
    lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    The 7-speed sounds like a good thing to come along!

Some sort of dual-clutch sequential manual will likely be available in just about every performance car before long. I think in the near future the decision will be DSG vs. a 7 or 8-speed rev matching automatic, like the AMG 7Gtronic, or the IS-F's tranny. The stick will go the way of the carburetor.
  • Options
    Even less ZR-1's next year but this one's got my color!

Regard,
    OW
  • Options
    Are they moving violations that will place "points" against the license?

From what I heard, YUP!

Update:

Apparently from this website it shows that no points against driver’s licenses will be assessed.

Oh well, there goes the law... seriously.
  • Options
    2001gs4302001gs430 Member Posts: 767
    It's hard to tell them apart from a distance.
  • Options
    ... If it's bad, time for a new car!

Not so fast. Z-PC is great stuff! ;) Just don't use it more than absolutely necessary. It's a mild abrasive.
  • Options
    It's hard to tell them apart from a distance.

So? You virtually can't tell the difference between IS250 and IS350 without looking at the badge but driving it is a whole new different story.

When I buy a car the last thing I am trying to do is to impressive other people. The car can look like a million bucks but without the "meat" then it is worthless to me.
  • Options
    "... If it's bad, time for a new car!"
    "Not so fast..."

Wonderful, now I've got an internet wife... :sick: ;)

You called her, didn't you! :blush:

• Options
    That I don't mind for a DD.
    My point is that the GT-R is in a unique position for a weekend fun car that a Z06 can't offer, ie. tons of "meat", less expensive MSRP (if you could get it), gets around the tracks faster than most production sport cars, not to mention that there is basically only one model on the market.
  • Options
    Perhaps. But, I have vowed to clean out the kids' college funds, most of our IRAs and 401ks as well as the Piggy Bank on my nightstand in order to buy my next, mid-life crisis, car. To put the family on the verge of bankruptcy. Trying to keep up with the folks here...

Or, I could just keep buying Premium grade gas for the TL. Different means to the same end, personal bankruptcy... :( Kidding, I hope, of course. :confuse:

Variety is the spice, two TLs in a row? Unlikely. I've been having a hankerin' for a hunka, chunka burnin' European iron (or aluminum!).

• Options
    ... Wonderful, now I've got an internet wife...

:D:D
    LOL! Nah. I don't support that particular piece of legislation. :P ;)
  • Options
    less expensive MSRP

A Z06 starts around $70k and last I checked the MSRP for the GT-R is at $80k. I am confident that I can get a Z06 at MSRP (if not less) but will be lucky to get a GT-R with less than $20k mark-up.

tons of "meat"

Z06 has tons of meat too.

Also, I might consider the GT-R if I can get pass its ugliness but unfortunately so far I haven't been able to do that... There is a saying that when an airplane (car) looks right, then it flies (drives) right.
  • Options
    A Z06 starts around $70k and last I checked the MSRP for the GT-R is at $80k. I am confident that I can get a Z06 at MSRP (if not less) but will be lucky to get a GT-R with less than $20k mark-up.

Here in Canada, per GM website, the Z06 base MSRP starts at around 91K, while the Nissan website pegged the GTR at 81K. That's a 10K difference in fav of the latter.
    Also, I might consider the GT-R if I can get pass its ugliness but unfortunately so far I haven't been able to do that... There is a saying that when an airplane (car) looks right, then it flies (drives) right.
    It would be nice to have the pictures of the two cars parked next to each other in other to compare their ugliness :P I have seen plenty of stealth planes that don't even look like they could fly... ;)
  • Options

Similar colors but the Chevy is the Looker, IMHO.

Regards,
    OW
  • Options
    Thanks for posting these pics quickly. I've never said the Vettes are not lookers. IMO, these are both nice looking sport cars, but the GT-R remains unique simply due to the facts that it is new and available in limited supplies AND has enough muscles and handling to edge out many supercars.
  • Options
    Goodness, a Z06 and a GT-R can certainly coexist.

They are both awesome, and anyone here that acquires either of them should be quite proud!

TM
  • Options
    From the pictures, the Z06 with no doubt is the looker. The GT-R looks like something that I'll find in Japanese Manga...

In the US:

Z06: MSRP $72,125 / TMV (true market value according to Edmunds) $67,984

GT-R: MSRP $71,900 / TMV $81,145
  • Options
    I am having the hybrid RX as a loaner for today. Based on my morning 8-mile commute (about 5 miles city and 3 miles highway) I am getting 34.6 mpg.
  • Options
    If that vehicle is offered in a 7-passenger version, I'd seriously consider buying it without delay.

TM
  • Options
    You won't like its softness in steering and handling. However, that is very impressive gas mileage considering my RX350 only gets around 21mpg lifetime with roughly 70/30 city/highway driving. I do take it easy in the RX since my two years old daughter is usually in the back seat.
    I think the 2010 RX will seat 7.
  • Options
    I think the 2010 RX will seat 7.

There may actually be two versions, the traditional 5-seater RX and then a long wheelbase model.
  • Options
    Final fuel mileage update:

22 miles total (60% city, 40% highway) and 28.7 mpg.
  • Options
    There may actually be two versions, the traditional 5-seater RX and then a long wheelbase model.

Yes, the word is that there will be two versions of the RX, but it is not known if the hybrid will also come in both wheelbases. Hopefully it will.

TM
  • Options
    22 miles total (60% city, 40% highway) and 28.7 mpg.

Not too shabby.

TM
  • Options
    anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    You used less than a gallon...Today coming back to the city, I stopped to fill up..After doing so, it was around twenty miles to the house, and I used about a gallon...There was a gentleman in the filling station, purchaded a twelve pack and a pack of cogarettes, for thirteen dollars...I got to thinking how expensive this fuel has gotten, and the real cost to everyone. It cost me four dollars just to get home from the filling station, and Lord knows how much the guy spent just getting to work.....A real shame Tony
  • Options
    I just caught Sunday's new Top Gear. The beginning of the show was very interesting: how far can the Murcielago, 599 GTB, McLaren SLR, Aston DBS, and Audi R8 go on exactly one gallon of gas when being raced around the track? The Ferrari 599 was out first, it went only 1.7 miles. The Audi lasted the longest, at just over 5 miles.
  • Options
    The Audi lasted the longest, at just over 5 miles.

I suppose that's impressive? LOL. ;)

TM
  • Options
    Yeah, that was a great opening for the first episode of the new season.

I was surprised that the Murcielago was the 4th one to go out and it lasted longer than the Aston Martin DBS.
  • Options
    I was surprised that the Murcielago was the 4th one to go out and it lasted longer than the Aston Martin DBS.

Indeed. That V12 is absolutely ancient, so you wouldn't think it would be able to get close to the modern Audi V8.
  • Options
    deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    Hi,

back from my trip
  • Options
    back from my trip

Welcome back from Jellystone. Glad you made a safe return without being eaten alive, or your lungs destroyed from the high sulphur emissions.

BTW, what's the plural for moose?...LOL. ;)

TM
  • Options
    jlbljlbl Member Posts: 1,333
    Hi Dewey, welcome back. I whish I could visit the Park some day.

Regards,
    Jose
  • Options
    come back from Jellystone. Glad you made a safe return without being eaten alive, or your lungs destroyed from the high sulphur emissions.

Every morning at 6:00 AM I jogged for about 75 minutes on different hiking paths (mostly in Gallatin National Park) and encountered some very interesting wildlife encounters (coyotes, wolves, elks, bison). Fortunately I only heard a growling bear behind the tress but did not see it as I ran really fast from that noise.

I drove a Pathfinder and loved it since I drove offroad a lot. During my 9 days there I saw a prior generation BMW X5 and two e36 BMW 3 series cars. Saw two new MB S Class cars and a dated C Class car. I had spotted one Audi Q7 but not a single Porsche. I saw very few Volkswagens but most of them were dated.

German cars are noted as being among Yellowstone's endangered species ;)
  • Options
    Thanks!

I wish the Spain team the very best!

Instead of a German vs Japanes car match I think your mind will be more focused on a Spain vs. German match (I hope your team does beat Russia).
  • Options
    The article linked below indicates that the MB S Class Diesotto wont be available until 2015. Unfortunately by that time there should be many other makers of such HCCI vehicles (GM and Honda). Also the price of a MB S Class Diesotto will be like the Lexus LS600H (not a big segment of the market).

In addition the Diesotto mileage figures in 2015 may end up looking like a gas hog when compared to next generation hybrids.

link title
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Every morning at 6:00 AM I jogged for about 75 minutes on different hiking paths (mostly in Gallatin National Park) and encountered some very interesting wildlife encounters (coyotes, wolves, elks, bison). Fortunately I only heard a growling bear behind the tress but did not see it as I ran really fast from that noise.

A bear oh god :surprise: LOL I am sure it was the best thing to do running fast.

Wolves :surprise:
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755

link title

Similar to the X6 I like it.
  • Options
    I'll PAS :)
  • Options
    I drove by Manhattan Beach Toyota today and a used 2005 Prius made me scream OMFG. Why? Because with over 45,000 miles on it the dealer is asking $32,991! Apparently that's not the only one, when I went to the website to check out its used car inventory I found out there are 13 pre-owned Prius and none of them has a sticker price less than $27k.

Here's the link to it: http://www.manhattanbeachtoyota.com/pre-owned.htm

If you are done screaming here's something that's even more amazing: A brand spanking new Prius has a MSRP starting at $22,168 and topping out at $28,605. Yet, now the dealers are selling used ones with more than 20k miles on for around 30 grands to the poor panicking folks due to record high gas price.

This truly is free economy working at its best...
  • Options
    jlbljlbl Member Posts: 1,333
    ;)
    0-3. The second half of the match deserves to be attentively watched. :surprise:
    :D

Now I am looking forward to the final play versus Germany.

Regards,
    Jose
    PS: I'm sorry, Howard; sometimes soccer (or football as we call it over here) is more important than cars.