Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VW GTI Lease deals

gtiguy83gtiguy83 MarylandPosts: 4
edited December 2019 in Volkswagen
Good morning,

I'll be looking to lease a 2019 GTI-S before the month is out in Maryland, zip code 21234. I'd like to know what the RV and the MF is for this model. I went the dealership in person and negotiated a purchase price of $23,100 then requested a lease quote. The dealer wanted to increase the price because I wanted a lease and gave me a MF of 3.10 and RV of 48%, both of which doesn't seem correct. Could I get a confirmation on this?
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 159,704
    gtiguy83 said:

Good morning,

I'll be looking to lease a 2019 GTI-S before the month is out in Maryland, zip code 21234. I'd like to know what the RV and the MF is for this model. I went the dealership in person and negotiated a purchase price of $23,100 then requested a lease quote. The dealer wanted to increase the price because I wanted a lease and gave me a MF of 3.10 and RV of 48%, both of which doesn't seem correct. Could I get a confirmation on this?

36/15
    .00039 MF and 48% residual

You'll have to ask them to clarify the money factor, because 3.10 is not it.

The dealer gets a $1000-$2500 incentive, dependent on the finance program, so the purchase price will definitely be different from the sale price on a lease

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gtiguy83gtiguy83 MarylandPosts: 4
    What would be a realistic price to negotiate for a lease? Kbb says that $23,100 is considered a "great deal" I spent about 15 minutes yesterday negotiating and walking out for the sales manager followed me outside a accept that price. After, I requested a lease quote and they tacked on $675 for an "acquisition fee" They said they can't waive that fee. I walked out.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 154,010
    gtiguy83 said:

What would be a realistic price to negotiate for a lease? Kbb says that $23,100 is considered a "great deal" I spent about 15 minutes yesterday negotiating and walking out for the sales manager followed me outside a accept that price. After, I requested a lease quote and they tacked on $675 for an "acquisition fee" They said they can't waive that fee. I walked out.

The acquisition fee is mandatory, and is imposed by the bank you are leasing from.

Perhaps a bit of research on what to expect when you're leasing is in order:
    https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4