Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Silverado vs F-150 vs Ram vs Tundra: Now we have a topic to Voice our OPINIONS on each model

Comments

• Options
    mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    if I had to be associated with F150...i'd hate it too...

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    I think it's a communist plot to destroy the American truck industry!!!!

First zbadunixgomerbudlitbrent71zidiot made us hate Chevies(except for Tim, LOL!) Then dogeram7yearold made us hate Dodges and now the Ford crowd is being maligned. I think it's all the same government agency!
  • Options
    bcobco Member Posts: 756
    mccarthyism and the red scare?

now f150ism and the blue oval scare?

hmmm...i'm going to go burn my hard drive now...

LOL

bco
  • Options
    Trucklover......
  • Options
    While we don't know F150's name....we did find a picture of him.......

(Click for Pic)

It appears he shares the same picture as our old friend truckover?

- Tim
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    How is Ford better than Chevy (GM) I am very serious in asking this question so please make a half way intelligent attempt at answering it ok?

Thanks

Ryan
  • Options
    rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    You said previously that you liked chevy and you even owned a 1999 Silverado. Why are you now bad-mouthing them?
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    The answer to that lies in between his ears. Well, there's not much to say about that now is there?
  • Options
    Saw Ford's CEO(foreign guy BTW) doing his song and dance in front of the congressional hearings. His Japenese counterpart, on the other hand, used his time to apolegize and offer condolences to the families of victims. I have a lot more respect for people who accept responsibility rather than figerpointing.
  • Options
    HMMM Seem to ignore my question once again. Shows what kinda person you are. All talk no facts.
  • Options
    the all-new Vortec 8100 V8liter V8 offers 340 horsepower and 455 foot-pounds of torque while delivering a 4 percent improvement in fuel economy. The output of this new engine actually exceeds that of the V10s being offered by GM's competitors. Both the Dodge 8.0-liter V10 and Ford 6.8-liter V10 make 310 horses, with the Mopar churning out 450 foot-pounds of torque and the Ford 425.

Hmmm Fact not fiction

Ryan
  • Options
    I'm glad you are using your limited time wisely. As of this writing, I have two issues to resolve with my chevy dealer.

1. Driveline growl- new update; needs to reprogram
    2. r/r seat rails- parts ordered; schedule upon arrival

Nothing major. Just some minor issues to resolve. The truck qualifies under lemon law since was out of service for more than thirty days. However, truck runs fine now. Saved a couple of thousand miles on it since used rentals while it was in the shop. Got to put a couple of hundred miles on a F150 XLT and understand why I wouldn't want one. Did the same for a 1500 Dodge Ram also.

Now don't be too busy reading this as you don't have much time left. Meredith is on to you now. Be seeing ya....
  • Options
    jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    The 8.1 liter will also be the largest displacement of the three and the most recent offering. Under the circumstances it would be foolish to even offer it if it didn't beat the competition. And at that it only knocked dodge off by 5 foot pounds of torque at that. The dodge v10 is being updated now and should be out 2002.
  • Options
    Um yea but its a V-8 those are V-10 so the V10 should be more powerful. I just posted to show a certain someone who will have the most powerful engine

I dont care to much about it. JCM when you get a chance go drive one of these trucks with the 8.1 pretty impressive i might add. Got a chance to drive one tuesday evening.

Ryan
  • Options
    jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    I intend to. A 3/4 ton is in my future. Right now I lean toward Ford. The owners in the super duty topic have the least complaints. By the time I'm ready to buy GM may have worked out thier problems. And make no mistake about it -I've waited a lot of years to be able to afford power under the hood- I will have it.
  • Options
    How stupid are you? He has stated all the problems he has had with his silverado. He didnt hide anything as a matter of fact he didnt even have to bring it up he could have kept it to himself but he didnt he wants to speak oput and help other people that are in the same boat as he is. At least he is doing good on edmunds unlike a certain someone.

Ryan
  • Options
    This is a perfect example of what being born again and the bible will do for a person....

- Tim
  • Options
    timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    Watch what you say, my namesake. You do not really know what you are talking about.
  • Options
    rassom1rassom1 Member Posts: 35
    New report from web site:Car and Truck News

The new 5.7 liter HEMI that will be used in the next generation Ram will be rated at an impressive 320 horsepower. That is more horsepower that the current 5.9 liter which puts out 250 horsepower.
    Also the final rating for the 6.1 liter HEMI has yet to be set but it should be between 330 and 350 ponies. Torque numbers are expected to be around 420lb.ft. for the 5.7 and 450lb.ft. for the 6.1.
  • Options
    if I offend you...sorry...point being that danny is supposed to be born again...and it looks as if it's done a fine job in making him a good christian ...eh?

I don't have offense to the bible or religion....but anyone who I ever knew that was born again...was just a drunk,wifebeater,or deadbeat that wanted to clean himself up...but the real person always shines through...

If you know different...sorry to offend you..

- Tim
  • Options
    I post the facts...what do you post. Nothing but nothing. Buddy, I keep telling you...go to confession, rid yourself of all your sins...do you listen? No...now whose stupid?
  • Options
    cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    Rassom1

Do you have link for the new Dodge engines?

Those are incredible torque numbers per displacement! can they be true?
  • Options
    rassom1rassom1 Member Posts: 35
    Lik for Dodge Engine news:
    WWW.CAR-TRUCK.COM
  • Options
    bigsnagbigsnag Member Posts: 394
    You said a few posts back that the 8.1 puts out more hp and torque than the Ford or Dodge. Well, beating the Ford shouldn't be tough. It's "only" 6.8 liters. The Chevy is 20% bigger, 80 freakin' cubes. You know I think you're a pretty sharp guy, but come on. Just because the Ford has more cylinders means it should be more powerful??? What if it were a 1.0L 12 cylinder? Should it beat the V-10's because it has more cylinders? No, of course not. I think it speaks really well for the Ford 6.8 liter V-10 to even be in the same ballpark as the Dodge V-10 and the Chevy 8.1.
  • Options
    V-8 6.0 is near the same ball park as the Ford V-10....

uh oh....we know where this leads to,....

- Tim
  • Options
    bigsnagbigsnag Member Posts: 394
    where it leads to, but there is no need for an "uh oh". I was pointing out that bab's reasoning was flawed. That's all.
  • Options
    All i did was post some facts from the edmunds review of the new HD trucks sorry to cause an uproar.

Ryan
  • Options
    That was nothing but a wimper...LOL

Dean
  • Options
    Have myself convinced of what???
  • Options
    fordtuffordtuf Member Posts: 101
    I'm not quite sure on which topic it was discussed before; but, I'm quite certain that it includes all of Chevy's light duty trucks. It was discussed by two or thee people that agreed to this.

Anybody familiar with this?
  • Options
    fordtuffordtuf Member Posts: 101
    it's three not thee.
  • Options
    ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    Are the Sierra's and Silverado's the 'same' trucks? I was just wondering because there is a Sierra in the parking lot that looks smaller compared to the Silverado's parked outside. I don't have a measuring tape but I think they have the same dimensions. Extra cab (not the full size rear doors) with the not so long bed (there is another Silverado out here with a long.. long bed!) I asked another guy and he said the color might be making the Sierra 'look' smaller than the Chevy's. It's 2 tone, red/silver combo. By the way, it is nice.
  • Options
    cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    same frame
    same wheel base
    same wheel width

only differences are grill and curves in the sheetmetal.
  • Options
    bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Maybe one was a 4WD and the other 2WD. The greater ground clearance of the 4WD would make the truck appear larger.
  • Options
    I parked next to a Sierra at school and when i took a step back mine sat a few inches (1-2) higher than the sierra. It was noticable. Both were Z71's. Leaf springs may have begun to settle ???

Ryan
  • Options
    Been parking by a tundra as of late and mine is noticeably alot bigger.

Ryan
  • Options
    they are also built on the same line by the same people......sometimes the parts get mixed up as well....like a sierra gets a silverado tailgate....(an upgrade as i see it)

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    The sierras are also built at the fort wayne plant? I dont think they are i have never seen a truck with GMC's on the expressway like i do with silverados gues they just make more. Maybe im wrong but i never heard of the sierras being made at the same plants

Ryan
  • Options
    more places than sierras....I don't have exacts..but do you think they will set up an entire plant for 1% of the sales?

I think GMC's are made Mondays and Fridays...and Chevy's are made the rest of the days..

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    Tim I wasnt doubting you i was curious myself. ANY sierra owners know where their truck was built. Thanks

Ryan
  • Options
    Pontiac.....20 miles or so from my dealer....

- Tim
  • Options
    What the heck was that F150?

Ignorance is bliss i can see

Ryan
  • Options
    The peanut gallery speaks!

- Tim

(now he has to look up Bliss babs....don't confuse him)
  • Options
    they do make Sierras at Ft. Wayne. Had a bunch on a TSB list.

F150, your posts use to make some sense. It appears that you are degenerating....what gives?
  • Options
    Thanks i didnt know that. I have never seen a truck hauling GMC's going through over here. I see a ton of silverados.

Ryan
  • Options
    ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    I was just so curious that I eyeballed the trucks. Based the length using the length of the parking spaces they were in. Base the height by standing next to them. Seem like the same size trucks. The color of the Sierra is throwing me off though. But really liked the 2 tone, Red top and Silver bottom combination.
  • Options
    Ford 4x4's are consistently rated last behind even.... the Dodge! Why? Because Ford jacks up the body for "impressions". The higher center of gravity makes it less stable on steep terrain, while the ground clearance is less than my Tundra. On my recent 4x4 drive up a steep mountain creek wash the Ford driver wouldn't do it. He said his truck felt like it was going to tip over on the steep slope. Meanwhile, I hauled him, his girlfreind, 2 other Hang glider pilots, a wife, a toddler in a car seat and 3 gliders strapped to the racks+harnesses and gear. The Tundra crawled up the boulder strewn wash in 4low with confidence. The passengers were gushing over what an excellent 4wd vehicle it was. I've gotten so used to the excellent 4x4 characteristics of my Tundra, I'd forgotten about Ford's abysmally performing "Looks only" 4x4's
  • Options
    That's gotta hurt!

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    At least the Dodge put up a little resistance. The Ford just bent over and took it like a punk. BTW, I noticed both "loser" trucks were much larger than the "winning" truck. Hmmmm, could be bigger isn't always better!
This discussion has been closed.