Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Silverado vs F-150 vs Ram vs Tundra: Now we have a topic to Voice our OPINIONS on each model

12345679»

Comments

• timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    Well asking my facetious (I figured that, Roc) nailed-to-roof question was worth the fall-through-the-ceiling story. My Dad used to paint house interiors for a living. On one job at a department store doing some kind of associated work, his assistant stepped through the flimsy "ceiling" on one of the window displays and ended up cavorting with some mannequins. Since that was probably in the late fifties it must have been one of the earlier "live" window displays.... ;-)
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    but I have a similar story.. was helping a friend's brother do his roof.. his brother was laying the tiles from the top to the edged.. walking backwards.. walked right off the roof.. didnt realize he was at the edge..
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    working on roofs as they are literally unconcious. I'm assuming he survived the fall. Good thing he wasn't working on the Empire State Building...
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    i hear all kinds of stories about people doing roofs that have "walked" off of them. You are very right they should be on the ground and no where near a roof or ladder.

Ryan
    When I get to thinking too much about the height, my phobic nervous reactions, and not the (temporarily!) blissful ignorance of those guys, is what would make me fall off the roof. I've been OK with heights at times in the past when I worked regularly up high (installing stereo and PA systems). But, when I get away from the habit, my fear of heights becomes my worst enemy once again. I pretty much stay on the ground now....
  • RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    Falling off the roof and through sun windows is common for the guy just starting out. It usually is a good predictor whether he'll retain the job or not.

Timothy,
    I know--just giving some grief--LOL!

Oby,

Your story isn't actually uncommon. I still remember the clown I had working an apartment building. He kept bullying(shaving) the shingles off one side of the building without looking. After he got both courses off, he scaled down the ladder to take the crap to the dump. He gets down and then realizes that the truck was on the other side and he dumped all of the shingles in the community pool!
    I don't remember being too happy that day....;)

Roc
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    My dumb neighbor with no common sense is guess what putting a roof on his house this guy should have as much as a screwdriver in his hand. Oh man i wish i didnt have to go to school i know he will fall off for sure. I should call 911 and have them on standby. I am gonna miss a good photo op for you guys.

Ryan
    Probable re-roofing job there....
  • RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    timothy,

LOL!! Oh, be assured I'll be waiting! "Uh..What do you charge for a...um....half-completed roof...?"
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    or how bum a job the first half was...LOL!!
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Lets see how many Tundra owners claim the Tundra is better because it has .2 of an inch more front leg room than the Silverado. (Bamma are you out there?)
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    poor saps who have to sit in the back of a tundra don't have any room...

- Tim
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    No room in back, but it sure meets thier needs. Suspension bottoms out with a little over 1,000#, but what the heck, they don't need to carry so much. Maybe make 2 trips - you know twice the fun.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    - Tim
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I think the main reason Toyota put a tranny cooler on the Tundra is it allowed them to "get by" with the tranny out of the T-100. It is much cheaper to put a $50 tranny cooler on as standard equipment - saves them from using the heavier duty tranny out of the LC or spending the extra $$ to design and build one specifically for the Tundra. BTW I am not against using the corporate parts bin to save $$ - all the manufactures do it. I would not buy a truck (or SUV) without getting the cooler. It is a very low cost option and helps prevent the tranny from overheating which is the main cause of failure.
  • justtheonejusttheone Member Posts: 403
    Yep, them tundras be sharin that trannie with them t100 ones, and that pumpkin and transfer case with them tacoma ones now. Sure them big3 ones be sharin parts. Difference be they be sharin the big parts down too them little ones, where that toy factory be sharin little parts up to them big(?) ones. Cource them tundras aint "full size", so it may not matter none no how. Facts is facts. Good luck on this one now!
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    For purposes of efficiency....

this topic is being "frozen." please continue these discussions in Topic 2468 Silverado vs F-150 vs Ram vs Tundra: Now We Have a Topic to Voice Our OPINIONS on Each Model - II. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.