Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought a new car and completed the purchase entirely online? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 5/28 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD Lease then Buyout

a_jayea_jaye Posts: 5
edited May 21 in Kia
In searching for a new vehicle, a dealer proposed I lease the vehicle and then transfer to financing from a bank loan after 3 payments. Would this equate to a better deal on the vehicle or would I be paying the same/or more if I were to just finance from the start?

Lease terms are 24/10 or 36/12
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 146,247
    a_jaye said:

In searching for a new vehicle, a dealer proposed I lease the vehicle and then transfer to financing from a bank loan after 3 payments. Would this equate to a better deal on the vehicle or would I be paying the same/or more if I were to just finance from the start?

This is a popular option with the Stinger, as the lease incentives are so much larger than the purchase incentives.

What ZIP code?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• a_jayea_jaye Posts: 5
    Zip code is 20019
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 152,577
    a_jaye said:

a_jaye said:

Zip code is 20019

24/10: .00203 MF and 56% residual. $8600 lease cash
    36/12: .00179 MF and 50% residual. $7000 lease cash

If you are leasing, then buying out, be sure to take the 24 month term with the bigger incentive

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• a_jayea_jaye Posts: 5
    Thanks soooo much for the information.

So, will I face any fees or additional financial outlays if I switch to financing after a few payments on the lease?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 152,577
    a_jaye said:

Thanks soooo much for the information.

So, will I face any fees or additional financial outlays if I switch to financing after a few payments on the lease?

Not likely, but KMF will likely not finance your buyout. You'll have to find financing on your own.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator