Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Tires and Wheels

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I don't miss those days, but your pics are fun. Wonder if your neighbor would mind if I rode my snowboard off his roof? :P

We got about 9" up high from the remnants of the Sierra storms over here in Boise btw and are expecting a few more tonight. Got about 4" in town.
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    I have an 06 LR3 SE V8 with 285/60 - 18 Nitto Terra Grappler tires. I have about 8000 miles on these tires now and they are still quiet, smooth, wearing evenly, and have lots of tread left. Based upon the amount of tread used, I expect a little over 30K miles before I hit the minimum tread depth at the wear bars. I like them a lot and get lots of compliments.

I noticed a new size available from BF Goodrich in the All Terrain T/A KO model. It is 265/65R18 which would be a 31.56 inch diameter (computed, not checked by Goodrich specs) compared with my Nitto Terra Grapplers 31.38 inch diameter and the original factory Goodyear of 30 inches. I won't need tires for years but this is definately a new possibility for owners with the 18 inch wheels.

By the way, I noticed that Nitto now has an LT Terra Grappler in the size LT285/60 - 18 which has another 1/8 inch of tread depth than my non LT version, and an overall diameter of 31.5 inches
  • ssp1ssp1 Member Posts: 115
    How do they (The Terra Grapplers)compare to the GYears when new? meaning are they quieter than the OEM tire (before the premature wear happened)
  • lr3looserlr3looser Member Posts: 9
    Good luck to all with your LR3's. It's not the tires but the fact that the suspension on the LR3's destroys any tire. This comment was from a Land Rover dealer owner. I love my new Tahoe and will get 60,000 miles from the Good Years on it and even though it's a bigger vehicle I'm getting 3 mpg better than the LR3. Dumped my LR3 last fall! Yeah!!!
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    I went with the A/T-S's as they are within 2% of OE diameter, are only a few pounds heavier than the GY's, HR-rated, and thus OK with my LR Dealer. Can only speak to on-road performance, but they are smoother and quieter with better hydroplane resistance than the GY's. Dry/Wet grip seem about the same, though I never purposely explore the limits of my beast. They are much quieter and smoother than the Revo's I had on my recently sold GX. I really liked the Revo's for grip on/off-road, but they were significantly heavier, a tad louder, and less smooth than the GX's OE Michelin's.
    Hi lr3looser,
    Sorry you did not have good luck with your LR3. As mentioned by others, there are some unhappy owners of every vehicle brand or model.
    Your Land Rover dealer owner blames the LR3 suspension for destroying any tire. As with vehicles, there are good dealers and not so good dealers. As evidenced by the owners on this forum, not all LR3's eat tires.

We are glad you have sold your LR3 and hope you have a happy new life with your Tahoe. They must be nice vehicles as evidenced by there being so many on the road. Hopefully you will have better luck with it than with the LR3.

If you no longer have your LR3, why are you still reading this forum? You should not reply to this question because you should have moved on with your life and be reading the Tahoe forum.
    I replaced my factory Goodyears at about 6000 miles. At that point they were still quiet and smooth and showing no uneven wear. But I wanted a more aggressive tread for off road, and I was concerned about the reports that they might not last long and they get noisy (as do most tires as they wear). Added to that, I had an unrepairable flat in one of my Goodyears. It was just a small hole but was in the sidewall. I had purchased the road hazard warranty from Discount Tire for my factory Goodyears when I bought the truck so Discount Tire offered to replace the tire. Instead, I struck a deal to trade in my 4 (I had the full size spare) good tires on any new set I wanted and also apply the retail price of the damaged one to the new set. Discount Tire lent me a suitable spare until the new Nittos came in, then sold me a better used spare tire when they got one with the size and tread I wanted to keep.

So, my original Goodyears were still quiet at 6000 miles. My Nittos seemed just as smooth and almost as quiet. They don't howl on the highway, but they do have a bit more road noise. But they also have a lot more contact area since they are bigger. I can ride comfortably with the windows open. I'm sure there was a tradeoff with a bit more noise and more rolling resistance, but I wanted a vehicle I felt comfortable with off road and the Goodyears didn't do it for me.

At 8000 plus miles on the Nittos, I haven't noticed any more noise than when new.
    Thanks thats good to know. i am interested in getting those tires in a few months. I have michelin latitude tour and those are not off road tires at all. that said i went through some nasty deep mud and snow on a very steep "road" up and down hills with little to no problem. The mud/ruts setting in low gear is a miracle worker as is the hill descent control
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you no longer have your LR3, why are you still reading this forum?

Current owners, prior owners and non-owners are all welcome to participate here. If you don't care to read someone's post, scroll on down.
  • jvotojvoto Member Posts: 1
    The dealer says he does not know what the alignment (camber and toe-end) adjustments are. These dealers and service managers have never been of any help. I'm grounded since my landrover lr3-06 is setting at an alignment shop and we dont know these settings. Its like everything is top secret at the dealership. How can I find out since i am 160 miles from a dealer. HELP
    Here is infor from a tech service bulletin in Oct 2006 205-005 - the toe settings are at the bottom

Uneven tire wear.
    The steering alignment geometry of certain vehicles may experience some bushing settlement during early vehicle life. Following initial production geometry setting, this settling may alter the geometry settings outside of normal tolerance,
    which may in turn increase tire wear.

Revised geometry settings introduced after 6A403382 compensate for this situation.
    NOTE: This situation is not experienced on all vehicles. Toe sensitivity may be attributed to other factors.

CAUTION: Retailers who sublet alignment to outside shops must provide the information in this bulletin to the alignment facility to ensure proper settings when uneven tire wear symptoms are being addressed. Additionally all vehicles equipped with EAS sent for sublet alignment MUST have been placed in the "tight tolerance" geometry setting mode prior to delivery using IDS.

Action: Should a customer express a specific concern of uneven tire wear, refer to the Repair Procedure detailed in this bulletin to adjust the vehicle geometry to the "target" settings noted below. NOTE: In other situations requiring geometry adjustment, where a specific concern of uneven tire wear is not expressed or diagnosed, the geometry dimensions in the workshop manual should be used. A specific set of "target" geometry data is provided in this bulletin for use in vehicles
    where the geometry needs to be adjusted to correct an uneven tire wear concern.

PARTS:
    No parts required

WARRANTY:
    NOTE: Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; those quoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to DDW to obtain the latest repair time.

NOTE: The revision to the time in this bulletin is the result of the introduction of the new IDS "tight tolerance" geometry setting mode for suspension adjustments. This simple IDS process replaces and eliminates the requirement to perform a suspension calibration (1.1 hrs) in association with the alignment process. Refer to Technical Bulletin LA204-007 for additional information about the geometry setting mode. DDW requires the use of causal part numbers.
    Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a quantity of zero.
    Description SRO Time
    (Hours)
    Condition
    Code Causal Part
    Place vehicle in "tight tolerance"
    mode using IDS and align suspension
    geometry
    57.65.04 1.80 W6 ALGN4W

Normal warranty policy and procedures apply.
    REPAIR PROCEDURE
    ALIGN SUSPENSION GEOMETRY
    1. If the vehicle has Electronic Air Suspension (EAS), refer to Technical Bulletin LA204-007, connect IDS to the vehicle and place the Electronic Air Suspension (EAS), into "tight tolerance" geometry setting mode.
    NOTE: A small number of coil sprung vehicles were imported into North America at the very start of LR3 importation. Step 2 is included in the event that such a vehicle requires suspension alignment.

2. If the vehicle has coil spring suspension, perform the following steps to ensure that the equivalent of a full tank of gasoline weight is present in the vehicle when the alignment process is performed:
    NOTE: LR3 fuel tank capacity is 22.7 US gallons (86.3 litres). A full LR3 fuel tank weighs approximately 152 lbs (69 kg).
    • Accurately determine the volume of fuel in the tank.
    • If the tank is not full, calculate the weight of the fuel in the tank using one of the following formulas:
    o Multiply the number of US gallons of fuel by 6.7 to equal total pounds of fuel.
    o Multiply the number of liters of fuel by 0.8 to equal total kg of fuel.
    NOTE: Any weight equivalent placed into the load space area must be evenly distributed at the front and the right hand side of the load space.
    • Calculate the weight equivalent that must be added to the load space area by subtracting the total amount of fuel currently in the tank from the LR3 fuel tank capacity of 152 lbs. (69 kg).
    NOTE: Vehicles that have any of the front or rear, upper or lower control arm bushings changed must complete a ten mile road test before having the geometry checked and adjusted if necessary.
    The road test will allow the suspension to settle.

NOTE: GTR lookup sequence is as follows:
    GTR Home > NAS > Service Information/ LA – LR3 > Workshop Manuals > Bookmark "Chassis/Suspension/204-00: Suspension System – General Information" Link "Four-Wheel Alignment (57.65.04)"
    CAUTION: GTR identifies an alignment specification range.
    The exact "TARGET SPECIFICATIONS" in the table below should be used on vehicles that have experienced uneven tire wear.
    When setting suspension geometry after front or rear/upper or lower control arm bushing replacement, the rear toe should be set to the TARGET SPECIFICATION in the table.
    3. Refer to GTR section 204-00 Four-Wheel Alignment operation 57.65.04 and adjust the front and rear wheel alignment to the "TARGET" specification figures noted in the table below:
    TOE ADJUSTMENT
    TARGET
    SPECIFICATIONS
    (decimal degrees)
    Front total toe + 0.03
    Left-hand rear toe + 0.18
    Right-hand rear toe + 0.18
    Rear total toe + 0.36
  • cmazazottacmazazotta Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just brought my 06 LR3 into the dealer due to a hole in one of the side walls and they told me I needed to change all 4 tires due to extensive wear at only 18k miles and it would cost arouond $1400.00, are you kidding me. Not only did a $55,000.00 car have a donut for a spare which nearly made me SH_T when I saw it but they said they were not covered by LRNA or the tire manufacturer [GY]. Were you told that LRNA would cover uo to 20K mile, if yes by who.

Thanks for your help...
    My GYs went nearly bald at 18K miles. The dealer essentaly paid about 1/2 the cost for a new set of tires. I talked to independant tire dealers who all said getting over 20K miles on the good years would have been lucky. so in the end i am not sure 18K is that bad considering. that said I replaced the old tires with Michelins and i am 12K into the new tires with no appreciable wear. i dont think it matters how much the car costs rather how much it weighs. and the fact that the GY tires arent that great. i suggest working hard to get a discount on the new tires. i think LRNA honors a credit up to 18K mileage or something like that.(so i was told)
  • jboiterjboiter Member Posts: 4
    wasn't really told anything. i had complained about my rear tires cupping, starting around 13k. i took it back for the 3rd time at around 18k, and they said the wear was within the tolerance to give me 2 tires. i only paid for alignment - about $160. i'm at 23k now, and the fronts are getting close to needing replacement. my predicament now is - do i get 2 new gy's to match the newbies on the back, or break bad and get new rubber all the way around...my dealership is in charlotte, nc. they have been cooperative so far.
    2 of [non-permissible content removed] is still [non-permissible content removed]. i would get new tires and bite the bullet. or just know that you will likely face the same issues. be sure to rotate at 5K evertime - i know that helps
  • kriznakkriznak Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

First time posting... we have a 2003 Discovery with about 55k miles on the original Goodyears (bummer about some of the other readers whose GYs wore out prematurely!). These have been good, thinking it makes sense to keep the same tires as the spare, but Costco has the Michelin's and BFGs for about $900. I've had good luck with Michelins in the past...

Any thoughts/suggestions? Much appreciated.
  • mikenomikeno Member Posts: 3
    I've had a 2006 LR3 for about a month. 24K miles. Pleased with it so far and knew it would need new tires soon as the GY's are shot, surprise! However, the dealer is pressuring me into buying Pirellis from him, at nearly $1500. I can get same/similar tires down the street (or from Tire Rack.com) for $800.

The dealer claims he is the only person who can do the alignments, has the special lug nut wrench, can do a lug-based balancing and a lot of other technical jargon. Even if I get the tires somewhere else he STRONGLY recommends I come in for a $450 alignment and balancing. He has to lower the air suspension using his magic computer to get everything right. Is this legit? Can the average tire store install new tires on an LR3? Do they need to be checked up on by the LR dealer?
  • mikenomikeno Member Posts: 3
    I posted your recommendation on my state's LR club's message board. We'll see if they know any good local independent LR mechanics. Thanks!
    ive had tire shops strip the lug nuts because apparently it needs a certain size wrench. how bout an independant land rover service center? is there one in your area? Or buythe tires and bring them to the dealer (a pain but if it saves 800 dollars that something). i would only want a certified LR mechanic doing the alignment etc just because of the TEch service bulletin out on this issue (and someeone on here may know much more than i do). See ifthere is an independant service center in your area. if the local land rover club can recommend one perhaps they will be honest enough to tell you if they have the right equipment etc
  • fwilmarthfwilmarth Member Posts: 3
    The 285/60R18 Nittos are the exact tires I've been thinking of getting to replace the 17k worn out factory GYs on my '06 LR3. I'm worried, however, about: 1) wheel well clearances, particularly when turning, and 2) the impact of the larger over-all diameter on acceleration, speedometer readings, etc. Can you provide any feedback based on your own experience?
    I just talked to my local tire dealer about the 265/65R18 BFGs. He said they're 10-ply and would be real heavy and ride really stiff. He said, however, that the Nitto 285/60R18 like you had the same 4+ply sidewall construction that's used for the factory GYs. My LR dealer just replaced for me free-of-charge, BION, the four factory GY's so I'm sort of out of the market for new skins right now; however, I'm still real interested in knowing what if any issues you encountered with clearances (in turning or articulation) and with the effectiive "highter gearing" you have with the 2" bigger diameter tires (slow speedo readings, reduced power, etc.).
  • 1st_rover1st_rover Member Posts: 10
    Be careful with the terminology on the tires.
    10 ply is an older way to say LRE.
    It does not relate to the number of carcasses.
    BFG All-Terrain and Mud-Terrain tires have Tri-Gard (3 ply carcass construction).
  • sohna99sohna99 Member Posts: 50
    I have LR3 SE V6 and which comes with 18" tire size. I have 25.6k miles and dealer told me I need to replace the tires at 30k. The front brakes replaced at 25.6k, cost me $310.

Anyone else with LR3 SE V6 with tire issues? What tire will you recommend?
    My dealer in Rocklin CA recommend Les Schwob Toyo Proxes SIT for $1200 (255/60/18) or Open Country HIT for $1400.

Thanks in advance.
  • hellpiehellpie Member Posts: 9
    I have an LR3 SE V8 with 255/60/18 tires. I changed my tires last month at 41k miles; went to a local tire place that the dealer recommended. I never bothered rotating the Goodyears or doing an alignment. As such they were completely bald on the insides. They were getting noisy, but not as bad as what other people have complained about. I suspect rotating already unevenly worn Goodyears aggravates the noise problem.

On the recommendation of the tire person, I ended up purchasing four Nexen Roadian H/T tires. The tires are Korean made and are about $110 each. They have a lower speed rating than the Goodyears (I never go over 85 mph), but they are definitely quieter, and from what I can tell, offer comparable performance. I am happy with them.
  • guardian63guardian63 Member Posts: 4
    After a five year long love hate relationship with my Disco Series II, my wife and I purchased our 06 LR3. Only prob so far has been the wear or lack of wear on the part of the factory GY Wrangler HPs. I rotate and balance every 5K miles but at 28K it is time for new rubber.

After reading all of the blogs it appears that the best replacement is the Nitto Grapplers in the 285/ 60-18's. My question to everyone out there that has gone this route is: (1) Do the tires rub on tight turns or during mild to moderate off road ventures, (2) do they mess with the speedometer accuracy, and finaly how have they worn.

I am planning on purchasing in the next couple of days so any and all feedback as well as other options would be greatly appreciated. Even on my worse days, I wouldnt trade my baby in for anything else out there. Truth be told, I miss my series II like crazy!!

Thanks
    How have the Nittos been wearing for you? I am getting ready to put a set on my 06 LR3. I am at 28K miles and it is time for new rubber. Did you go with the 285's and if so, any problems with the larger size?

Thanks so much
    Mike
    I have posted essentially the same question you have and have, to date, received no input. BTW, I also asked if there was any appreciable reduction in power as a result of effective "taller" gearing. If you receive any response, I'd sure be interested in hearing -- I did read a thread or two including input from a couple of folks that had those Nittos and liked them; however, they did not address specifically the questions that you and I have.

Good luck,
    Frank
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    If you are worried about the Nitto's fitting or adversely affecting performance because of their weight, you can also consider the Yokohama A/T-S in 265/60-18 or 275/60-18. They are both H-rated and have a LI of 110 and 116 respectively. I chose the 265, as they are within 2% of OE diameter and my truck is leased.

The Yoko's outperform the GY's in every category on the road, despite being an AT. Off-road is no contest.
    I ended up going with Cooper Discover HT Plus in the 265/ 60-18. They are rated at 114 (XL) with a T speed rating of 118. That is more than enough for the wife running around town and on the highway. The treadwear is 420 and traction is "A" and Temp is"B". All four installed and balanced came to $680.00.

I paid my way thru college busting tires at a tire shop and I have always had good luck with the Cooper brand of tires. I am religous about checking air pressure, balancing, and rotating and I have convinced myself that it makes a huge difference in the way that my tires have always worn.

I will let you know how they do in the months to follow.
  • jboiterjboiter Member Posts: 4
    raven, what size avons did you get? i've seen a few posts and reviews where they went up to the 265 60 r18, because apparently avon didn't make the 255 to begin with. they have the 255 60 r18 now. any advise there? how's the tread wear since november?
  • joshljoshl Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08 LR3 that came with 19" wheels. I would like to upgrade to a better off-road tire. There is nothing that I've seen in 19" wheel although I heard a rumor that Pirelli is introducing a AT tire for the 19" in May (??).

I'm thinking of replacing the 19"s with 18" LR wheels and then it's the decision of which tire size - I'm thinking 265/65/18 vs. 275/60/18 vs. Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/60/18. Does anyone have any input on this with regard to best choice, scrubbing, etc.?

-JL
    Does anyone know the formula for figuring air pressure when changing to a larger tire size? I called my LR dealer and they had no idea of how to do it. I am sure that something like that exists doesnt it?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I don't know whether there is a formula but a rule of thumb is that you want to adjust the tire pressure so that the tire's contact patch extends the full width of the tire. Land Rover surely has published pressures for different sized tires so, apparently, your dealer just didn't want to take the time to look it up.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Never heard of a formula for going to larger size tires before. Off the top of my head the recommended tire pressures for the LR3 are 32 front and 42 rear but just check on your driver's side door plate to see what they are. Try those tire pressures and see how the truck drives and sits with the new tires.
    Currently I have 26k but my dealer suggested me to change tires at 30k on next service. I have mentioned in my previous post what he suggested but I would like to ask all the LR3V6SE owners oppinion here whoever replaced the tires recently or while ago.

Is it possible if you guys let me know what brand, size and price you paid? Has anyone have tried Michelin from COSTCO?

Thanks in advance.
  • gwellandgwelland Member Posts: 23
    I've had the Nitto's 285/60-18 on my '05 LR3 HSE for the last 18 months. No problems at all other than the fact that I had to source a set of 18in wheels. One other fact to consider is that you can't stow a full size spare - maybe if it was deflated but that kind of defeats the object unless you have a compressor.

As regards performance, on-road the stock tyres have a firmer and better road feel. That's for sure. However, I do find the 80/60 profile provides a smoother ride overall and so long as you don't think you're driving a sports car I find them very satisfactory. Definitely noisier and softer ride than stock.

For off road the Nitto's definitely have more traction, particularly when in dusty or muddy conditions. For normal snow use, the Nitto's are great. For serious off trail snow use I wouldn't say that they are that much better than stock - my stock tyres always seemed OK in deep snow. The more aggressive Nitto tread pattern seems to help in low speed rock/gravel/mud traversal.

The Nitto's look bad-[non-permissible content removed] on the vehicle. They look like they belong. As regards wear and long term use, after 38'000 miles mine are still going strong with very moderate wear on the inside front and little wear at all on the rears. The stock tyres were junk in this respect and rapidly wore out for me plus did so in a manner than produced a tread pattern/block profile that was both unpleasant to drive with and noisy too.

YMMV.
    Have you bought the new tires yet and how did you like them? Any feedback will be appriciated.

I have LR3 SE V6 and which comes with 18" tire size. I have 28k miles and dealer told me I need to replace the tires at 30k.
    Anyone else with LR3 SE V6 with tire issues? What tire will you recommend?
    My dealer in Rocklin CA recommend Les Schwob Toyo Proxes SIT for $1200 (255/60/18) or Open Country HIT for $1400.
    Any feedback after 3-4 months of replacing your tires? Do you recommend that to me? I owned LR3 V6.
  • hellpiehellpie Member Posts: 9
    I am very happy with the Nexens. I've put about 5000 miles on them and so far no signs of premature wear or noise.
  • ferrelltoddferrelltodd Member Posts: 1
    I agree with you that Goodyears are not very good tires. Any set I have owned have always been very noisy and they do not seem to last as long as they should. At least that seems to be the case. I have a 2004 Discovery and it cups the tires on the inside just like the LR3 does. Actually, I had a 2000 Discovery and it would also do the same thing. I think part of the problem is that LR puts a fairly aggressive Mud and Snow tire on the vehicle. Any aggressive tire that you drive on the pavement a lot will wear out fast. Thats my guess anyway. Just like running big mud tires on pavement a lot will shred them. Maybe a plain old street tire will last longer.
  • shauncwshauncw Member Posts: 1
    I too am in the market for some new tires on my 2006 LR3. I ran through my Goodyear Wranglers in about 22,000 miles. I've tried to get other tire recommendations, but the dealer has been hesitant.

I brought up the Nitto's, however, the dealer mentioned that since they are a wider tire, they would pull out some cable impacting the suspension...and that it happens 'all' the time and costs $400 to fix each time.

Any thoughts?
    Hi Hellpie,

Any advise on Nexen tires? I read that you paid $110/each. What was the total came out after all 4 tires and balance+etc $$? Where did you get those tires? Does the loacl dealers like Leshwab carry those or need to order online thru tirerack?

My original tires are 255/60R18. Should I go to same size or 265/60R18 would work? Any problems with different size?

I called my dealer and he said few peoples have 265 instead 255 and that is fine.

What do you say? Any feedback from any LR3 owners will be appreciated. I need to buy new tires in next couple of weeks.

Thank you.
  • cartomanocartomano Member Posts: 1
    i am about to purchase a new set of tires for the lr3 and would like to know if someone has had good experience with them. the lr3 is my wife's car and she carries both my kids all the time and i want to make sure we get a good set of tires. any comments would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Hi I bought Toyo Open Country H/T tires 255/60/18 from Les Schwab couple weeks ago. What a difference in ride!! Feels like higher and smoother ride.

If you don't go off road, I would suggest you to buy these. I have done lot of rsearch and came up to these Toyo tires even my Land Rover dealer recommended Toyo tires as well.

Good luck!!
  • colorado4x4colorado4x4 Member Posts: 29
    I have had the Nittos for over 35k miles. (just turned 102k on my 2005 LR3 V8). I did blow out the cabling controlling the air suspension on the front drivers side twice. Once while in access mode and the wheeled turned hard to the left. The second time I just hit something at highway speed and busted the sensor. I had these cables spliced and rerouted outside of the wheel well (where they should have been routed originally) and no problems since. The Nittos have been from CO to FL on the highway, off road in the Everglades, Rockies and many places in between. They are great in the snow, good on the ice, relatively quiet on the highway. They are a big tire and I believe effect acceleration somewhat, but they look perfect on an LR3.
  • gwellandgwelland Member Posts: 23
    Interesting you mention blowing out the suspension cabling - I did this once with the same setup of Nitto's and it was whilst running through brush and so it wasn't obvious that it was the tire that had done it. It was a quick fix and now I feel happier knowing that it wasn't just me.

I've had the Nitto's for the last 45k+ miles and they are still going strong. I have a 2005 HSE so it was a change from 19's to 18's and so the difference in ride quality was more significant. In my case, I much prefer the slightly softer road feel and I've had ZERO problems with these tires at all. I went through 2 sets of the original tires like a hot knife through butter - and the ride quality and wear & noise with them was terrible. I've used the Nitto's extensively for long road trips as well as a lot of forest roads/fields/beach etc.

I agree about the 'look' - they are a perfect match to the vehicle. (I have winch/expedition rack/bars etc etc).
  • macc24macc24 Member Posts: 20
    The Michelin 19's after 2 years are showing no wear, and no noise difference. Well worth the switch. Just my 2 cents for those who are interested. Also had my adjustment done at an independent shop soon after tires were installed (and that was the only time).
  • raratrarat Member Posts: 1
    HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS BRAND. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM. THEY
    WERE RECOMMENDED FOR MY LR3. I HAVE PIRELLI'S NOW AND THEY HAVE NOT WORN WELL AT ALL.
  • nesuvnesuv Member Posts: 10
    I also have Michelin Synchrones 19 and have no problems. Definitely worth the switch. I've got about 50,000 on them and will probably have to replace soon. I noticed the Michelin website does not show these tires as an option anymore. Instead they list the Latitude Tour HP. Does anyone have any experience with the Latitudes? What's the difference between Synchrones and Latitudes?
    Did Michelin stop making the Synchrones?

Just curious. :D
  • steveh_can1steveh_can1 Member Posts: 1
    My dealer is telling me I need new tires on my LR3. I have an LR3 HSE 2006 with 19" rims. My friends LR3 (same year) with 19" has Toyo's.

My dealer is telling me to put on Pirelli Zero's or Goodyear Wranglers.

What do you guys think?