Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    leonardedwardsleonardedwards Member Posts: 5
    Hello Carman:Please help 2007 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 39 month lease,12k;0 due at signing;0 security deposit;0 first payment.
    have coupon for $500 Off Volkswagen Auto Show Special-Detroit
    259/mo (plus license,tax and dealer fees)Many Thanks in advance leonardbedwards@gmail.com
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Go and post that here - Jetta Lease Questions - that's the best place for your question.
  • Options
    jeeper71jeeper71 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Y'all!

I have read all of the posts just to make sure this hasn't been covered, and I didn't see it, so here goes:

I have a 2004 Wrangler X (6cyl) with 55K miles.

For a bit now, it has had a big problem starting. Meaning that I put the key in the ignition press the clutch all the way to the floor, and pray. It tries really hard to start and takes about 7-10 seconds to actually start. When it does finally turn over and start it smells like gas. Kinda like in the old days when you would press the gas to start your car and it would flood the engine. Except I do know the difference between the gas and the clutch. I've taken it to my mechanic and he has hooked it up to all of the diagnostic units that he has, and can't find anything wrong.
    I really don't like the way I was treated the last time I went to my dealer for new lug nuts, so I would rather not hand over any cash to them what-so-ever.

Also, this morning when it finally turned over and started the engine light was on, so I drove it the 50 miles to my mechanic, he told me there had been a misfire on cylinder 6, so he replaced the spark plugs (plus gave me an oil change since I would be due in 150 miles anyway)

Sorry that this is so long but I'm kind of bummed. I love my Jeep. I put a lot of miles on it maybe that's the problem who knows.

Any help would be fantastic! :confuse:
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I see you already found the Jeep Wrangler Maintenance & Repair Questions (1997 - 2006) discussion. :)

tidester, host
  • Options
    roy32roy32 Member Posts: 23
    Hi,

My 2002 Toyota Echo 4dr..5spd lease will soon be over. We're considering buying the car which has a lease end purchase price of $5651.00 Canadian.
    We've kept the car well maintained..all maintenance done at the dealers, just under 35,000 km on it or roughly 20,000 miles. I would consider the car "clean"...rust checked every year since new.

We've been watching the prices dealers across the area as well as across the country have been selling this model with the same options but almost 3x the milage on them & are selling them used from just over $9000...to over $11,000.

The car has never been abused & hasn't given us any problems up to this point.

Questions

Have any of you who have leased a car from toyota ever had a problem buying your car at the lease end purchase option price as listed on your lease contract? We're concerned the dealer will try & up the purchase option price although toyota financial has told us the dealer has to sell at the price they originally quoted...but like many we don't trust dealers or salesmen.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for any helpful info.
  • Options
    Try asking in Purchasing at the End of Your Lease. Also, you can find other Echo owners in the group at this link: Toyota Echo.
  • Options
    ppinnettippinnetti Member Posts: 5
    I checked through all of the messages related to seats but didn't find anything related to my problem (replacing the front seats on my '01 Blazer with something less confining than the standard buckets). Any further advice or leads to check out? Thanks.
  • Options
    jesse4mejesse4me Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1992 ford mustang hatcback and I didn't get a owners manual with it abd the stereo stopped working and iI think it is a fuse that went bad but I don't know what numbers are for what can anyone help thank you
    Jen
  • Options
    If none of the topics in the Chevrolet Blazer/GMC Jimmy group match your needs then feel free to use the "Add a Discussion" link on that page!

tidester, host
  • Options
    Hi, Jen.

I would check out Owners Manuals and Ford Mustang: Electrical Issues.

tidester, host
  • Options
    bitsy3bitsy3 Member Posts: 4
    Replaced TPS, EGR, Throttle Body, Motor on Throttle body total after second trip to dealer. $1600.00 and still have problems. Engine ran fine for 65 miles and I stopped and got back in it. Problem with smoothering not idling, then running 0-1500rpms, dying and acting up. Drove another 200 miles and would die when stopping. The next morning it cranks and seems to run okay. It seems to temperature and distance/time related. Does anyone have any ideas? All help appreciated.
  • Options
    Have a look at the topics in the Isuzu Trooper group. If you cannot find a good match to your problem then use the "Add a Discussion" link on that page.

tidester, host
  • Options
    944s944s Member Posts: 42
    i wanted to know if the transmission in a 03 mustang 3.8L is a 3 or 4 sp AUTO??
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Used Car tab at Edmunds.com (Appraisal link) says the optional automatic comes in a 4 speed. Best to double check with someone on the Ford Mustang (2004 and earlier) discussion for your specific model though (I just looked a a base 'Stang).
  • Options
    944s944s Member Posts: 42
    yeah i thought so... thx a lot tho man
  • Options
    annchelleannchelle Member Posts: 2
    I drive a 1999 Honda Civic LX, and I've never had any major problems. However, lately, when I back out of the driveway, or when I start to accelerate, the car makes a little bit of a squealing noise. Once I lift my foot off the gas pedal, it stops making that noise. Once I get going on the highway, I don't hear that noise. I only hear the squealing noise when I'm going at slower rates of speed. Any idea what the issue might be?? Does the timing belt need to be replaced, or is it something else? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :confuse:
  • Options
    Try one of the Honda Civic group discussions, like Honda Civic 2005 and earlier.
  • Options
    sickmndsickmnd Member Posts: 1
    I have an 00 lincoln ls with 87k on it .I was driving and the abs and traction cotrol lights came on . There is also a grinding noise coming from the driver side rear .I am not a mechanic but i can do the repairs . Just need help figuring out what it is .I love these cars and dont want it to waste. :confuse:
  • Options
    vplankvplank Member Posts: 2
    advised please. this will be long. I have the thought my car is a leamon. I have had poor gas mileage since I got it. I have voiced this at the dealership. I was told you drive too fast. then I was told I drive too slow. then I was told I must be riding the brakes. That is the one that made me really mad. The toyota I traded in had over 100,00 original miles on the original brakes...so I am not hard on brakes. I have had the car for a year. I have had it into the shop 5 times. That does not include the oil changes.The day after Thanksgiving they had to replace the defective coil. Then at around Christmas they replaced the plugs and the wires. The dealer said" it was becasue they replaced the coil that it caused it to burn hot and short out the wires and plugs. We even at one time had a factory rep. come down and drive the car. Which he would not let us ride with him. HE said to me that there would not be a way of pleasing me. I told im there would if he could get my lemon of a car doing right. We asked him to cal the next time he was in town to show us hos to drive but there has not been any acknowlegement. The dealership has told us three time they will have the rep call but we still haven't gotten a call. My mileage is still 22 to 25 on highway. My neice has a 2000 Hyundai the next sep up, she is 16 and gets better gas mileage. The car has from the very beginning smelt of gas really bad when you first start it up after a few hours. OF course it nevers is a problem after driving 25 miles to have it checked out. I had wanted an suv when I got this but because of the saleman and a Time magazine acticle I got the samlled less comfotable car for the good gas mileage. I was also angry becasue they told me it had a 5 star rating on safety. We had our insurance rate go up because the insurance company said the car is really rated bad by insurance standards. Any body know of any help.
  • Options
    Try Lincoln LS: Brakes.

tidester, host
  • Options
    You can find out whether others have had similar problems in 2006 Hyundai Accent. You may also want to inquire in Lemon Law Questions.

tidester, host
  • Options
    machinistmachinist Member Posts: 6
    I noticed that my wife's Elantra was making a "bumping" sound so I took it to a repair shop to have the tires inspected, balanced, rotated, and the alignment checked and done. They rotated and balanced, but prior to doing the alignment, they noted to me that the all strut mounts needed to be replaced. They quoted me a rather high price ($500 for just three sides), so I took the car home and priced the strut mounts. I was able to purchase Monroe strut mounts with a lifetime warranty for a little over $100. This past weekend I replaced the front mounts, which was a rather easy and straighforward job. But, when I got to the back mounts I had a little problems. I purchased a Haynes manual that stated that you basically get to the rear strut mounts through the trunk liner. When I removed the liner on one side, I realized that the struts actually look like they connect next to the rear seats, and into the rear dash. Correct me if I am wrong, but do I have to remove the rear dash,where the speakers are in order to get to the rear strut mounts? (is this even the correct spot that they are located) I am trying to make this job as easy as possible without removing more than I have to. Also, if this is true, do you have any suggestions in regards to removing the rear dash? Is there anything else you would suggest in the way of parts or services that needs to be done after this replacement? (I do realize that an alignment is probably in order)
  • Options
    Try one of the discussions in the Hyundai Elantra group, like the Hyundai Elantra: Problems & Solutions one. You may find some posts of interest in the Shock and Strut Replacement: Cheap, OEM, or Upgrade? discussion too, but probably none specific to your Elantra.
  • Options
    ersariersari Member Posts: 3
    Hello- I have a 2001 ford explorer with a failed hood latch. I pulled on the release, it pulled completely open, but the hood failed to open...I've tried to use a long screw driver to push latch, but am unsure if it pushes straight back or does it latch to the side? Also, should it open with just my weight against the screw driver, or should I pound on the screw driver? This all started when it failed to start up. here is another issue I'm trying to get to the bottom of...I have lights,horn etc...Engine won't turn over, I get clicking...I'm fearing that i may have a frozen engine...what is diagnostics i can go through to ascertain this too? Thank you...for your replies I await some guidance...Thank you...Ersari
  • Options
    That's a handful of problems - I think I'd start in the Ford Explorer Maintenance and Repair discussion. Check out the Ford Explorer group too; there may be some posts of interest in the "2005 and earlier" discussion for example. Good luck!
  • Options
    troubled3troubled3 Member Posts: 3
    Please someone place the above message where it belongs as The Dakota forum has NO WHERE to Place a question.
    PLEEEEEASE
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    It's here: troubled3, "Dodge Dakota: Engine/Underhood Questions" #72, 17 Jan 2007 3:24 pm but you can always start a new discussion when it's needed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    brattygrattybrattygratty Member Posts: 2
    Last week the fan in my 1992 Caravan stopped working, and at the same time the airbag light came on. Then the airbag light went off and the fan started blowing again. After I shut off the van and started it up again, no air moving and airbag light on, and noticed that signal lights don't work either. 4 way flashers work so it's not my lights. Can someone please tell me if there is an electrical connection between the signal lights and heater fan? Sure hope someone can help me. :cry:
  • Options
    Try the Chrysler/Plymouth Voyager, Dodge Caravan group. You can probably find a discussion there where your issue would be on topic, but if not, feel free to create a new one.
  • Options
    kerrakerra Member Posts: 2
    I am having problems with the windows, radio, and wipers not working somtimes, it acts like the security is locking them out, is there a relay that controls these? if the radio comes on and you try to roll down the window everything quits working agian. your help is appreciated!
  • Options
    Try the GMC Yukon/Yukon Denali Problems discussion for help with those gremlins.
  • Options
    sneekersneeker Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

Need help to order the proper Pressure Control Solenoid that going on the control valve in the tranny, The dealer isn't sure which one to order, I have the ode P0745 that points directly at the Pressure Control solenoid. I need a Mazda Part number if anyone has it or who I can contact to order this directly through. Help!!! Called everywhere and practically no one has any idea, quite funny and frustrating at the same time, the dealer parts diagram/list doesn't describe what each solenoid is...Talk about frustrating.
  • Options
  • Options
    gmadangmadan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    i am planning to buy a honda pilot.i came to know that it has 16inch wheels.my question is if i fix a 17inch wheels..will the vehicles center of gravity be affected?what are the disadvantages of increasing the size of wheels.

Madan
  • Options
    You'll want to check out the Honda Pilot Tires and Wheels discussion.

tidester, host
  • Options
    rfhaeringrfhaering Member Posts: 2
    When towing the 2003 MDX behind an RV, is it necessary to disconnect the odometer to keep from adding miles????
  • Options
    That's an interesting question. Try Towing tips for SUVs.

tidester, host
  • Options
    bassetgirlbassetgirl Member Posts: 2
    We have been experiencing electrical problems with our 1999 Dodge Dakota RT and need some help. First, all of the warning lights lit up on the dash. Mileage indicator read NO BUS. Then, we disconnected the battery and all the warining lights reset. Now all of the interior lights stay lit up when the truck is running and also when the ignition is off. Any ideas on what needs to be replaced or what we need to do? Thanks.
  • Options
    Take a look at the Dodge Dakota: Electrical Issues discussion.
  • Options
    strandedmalibustrandedmalibu Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the problem of your Malibu not letting fuel into it. This has happened three times now to me. Each time I've waited for a mechanic to look at it, when he gets to it the car lets gas into it and we're able to fill it up. It seems to only happen when the tank is near empty and the engine is warm from running.

As anyone else ever heard of this problem? All mechanics I've talked to have never experienced this problem at all. When I try to put gas into it the gas just stays in the line and won't go into the tank.

Will I have to replace my whole tank and line?
  • Options
  • Options
    ssheltonsshelton Member Posts: 1
    The brakes on my Sunfire feel like the ABS is grabbing hard on the back brakes. It is an intermittant problem. They pump really hard in wet or snowing conditions. But usually after driving awhile the problem quits. I have changed both rear brake cylinders, adjusted them out as far as they will go, and bled them 3-4 times. I've talked to a few brake shops and they say thse little cars are notorious for this problem, but none were sure how to correct.Any help as to how to solve this would be grealy appreciated.
  • Options
  • Options
    jpbouffardjpbouffard Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I am in the market for a new car, and want something that does well in the snow. I am open to both cars and SUVs, but don't want any of the gigantic SUVs, pickups, etc. Sedan, wagon, small or mid-SUV.

I want a reliable vehicle (I usually buy Japanese cars), but the main criterion is how it does in the snow.

Thank you!
  • Options
    tx47tx47 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to purchase a new car in the next six months and my preliminary research has resulted in the Sonata being om my list of three cars to consider.

I have not yet taken a test drive, which I plan to do soon. I would appreciate feedback from current owners, in regards to how the car handles/drives, MPG, comfort, any problems or disatisfaction you've encountered and what you like most about the car.
  • Options
    There is a large number of topics in the Hyundai Sonata group that relate to your request. Check them out!

tidester, host
  • Options
    scott73scott73 Member Posts: 3
    my power pedals quit working. The seat still adjusts so I don't think the fuse is blown. Is there a relay to check or anything else?
  • Options
    I don't see a "best car for snow" discussion, but try some of these:

What is the Best SUV For me?

What's the best vehicle for my needs?

What car company has the best AWD system

You may want to search "snow" on the Keyword Search on the left sidebar too.
  • Options
  • Options
    gdmacdgdmacd Member Posts: 2
    Its a honda accord.tyvm,GD