Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    caddyshack2caddyshack2 Member Posts: 3
    i have a 02 quad cab f150 4x4 ill be going down a smooth road and at about 40 or 50 it will start bumping rpms willstay the say it not missing or any thing like that also when i go in reverse it will kinda bump also and it will also vibrate at that same speed {40 to 50} can any one please help thanx
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    This is the discussion you want: F150 Vibration Issue

tidester, host
  • Options
    dufoursddufoursd Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a '95 Sportage 4x4 4dr. base Mdl. and the ABS light is always on. I ran the diagnostics (9 flashes) and was directed to check out the speed sensor & ABS Control Unit. Speed sensor ckd. out OK. To my surprise, when I removed the padded panel beneath the stearing column, there was no ABS Control Unit! I called the dealer and gave them my VIN# and they told me my ar did NOT have ABS??? Why is the ABS light on in the dash if it does not have ABS? Anyone???
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Kia Sportage: Problems & Solutions discussion for advice.
  • Options
    mman1mman1 Member Posts: 1
    MY 1985 NISSAN 4x4 PICKUP WILL DIE WHEN YOU APPLY THE BRAKES, EVEN WHEN COASTING. SITTING STILL, IDLEING IT WON'T DIE WHEN YOU HIT THE BRAKES. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT'S UP? THE ENGINE ALSO WILL CONTINUE TO REV FOR 2-3 SECONDS WHEN YOU PUSH IN THE CLUTCH TO CHANGE GEARS. HELP PLEASE
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
  • Options
    comjetwithmecomjetwithme Member Posts: 7
    how can i disable the factory installed alarm system on my car. Just pull a fuse? i do not want to use the keyless remote any more. I cheched with the delearship to replace the remote. $71.00 for the remote and $95.00 to program it. To much money. Appreciate any help.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    A good place to start would be in the Oldsmobile Alero group. Choose the appropriate discussion from the list you'll find at that page.
  • Options
    bluevolvobluevolvo Member Posts: 4
    I just recently purchased a 1992 240 sedan with 75,000 orig
    miles on it. I paid $3800.00 which for the mileage and the condition I thought was fair. There is no rust, just surface scratches. The interior is in great shape, center console is broken and needs to be replaced, and the infamous door pockets need to be replaced. It runs great and handles well. I will need to have the suspension checked as it does make a thud when I hit holes or bumps.
    Was this a good buy/investment? Is this vehicle worth holding onto?
  • Options
    The folks in the Volvo 240 Wagons discussion may have some suggestions for you. While waiting for responses you can go to Edmunds.com and Appraise your car.
  • Options
    scmedicscmedic Member Posts: 1
    i have a 95 mazda 626 4 cyl i have replaced the battery and starter but the car will not crank. all lights work and i also noticed that the fuel pump doesn't even work when you turn the key any ideals
  • Options
    bdgarrisonbdgarrison Member Posts: 1
    Can you believe this? I took my 2006 Honda Pilot in to the Honda repair shop because it has a bump,bump in the rear. Everytime the car stops or starts or hits a bump, it goes bump, bump...They said it was my gas moving back and forth. Now I have never heard of this. I have had an SUV for the past 10 years and never had this problem. Has anyone had this problem with their Pilots? Thanks, Bev
  • Options
    Mazda 626 Starting Issues is a good starting point.

tidester, host
  • Options
    Check the Honda Pilot group for related topics.

tidester, host
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,268
    Not lost, just a heads-up and/or question. The site below doesn't look like an authorized syndication of Edmunds content (scroll one or two screenfuls down to "Real-World Trade-In Values")--it's really badly formatted if they are indeed a partner. Is it legit?

http://pontiac-grand-am.mustreadit.com/2006/06/27/
  • Options
    boobahboobah Member Posts: 18
    HELP..I need to find an engine for my Jeep Wrangler...1987..am getting totally screwed on prices..either too high or too low..does anyone know of a reputable place to find an engine in the northern NJ area? Thank you!
  • Options
    prince10prince10 Member Posts: 3
    how do you reset the engine light
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Stop by the "Check Engine" light discussion and the Jaguar XJ Group for help :)

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    derekpoederekpoe Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My check engine light just started coming on. Whenever it is on my truck will not take off in first gear and seems to have no passing gear when I floor it. Does anyone have any ideas. Also, it goes away when I disconnect the battery terminal and then comes back sporadically.
  • Options
    I would start in Dodge Ram: Transmission Problems and maybe check out Dodge Ram: Lighting/Electrical Issues.

tidester, host
  • Options
    06mega06mega Member Posts: 1
    Check this out...
    I got into my truck last night(it was already running) and when i shut the door, the thing went haywire. The horn went off for probably 15 seconds (constant). I tried to shut the truck off, and the horn kept going and the interior lights stayed on. Finally after @ 15 seconds, the horn shut off, but my interior lights, cargo light, and "door ajar" dummy light stayed on. I tried to shut the truck off and re-start, but they wouldn't go off. I drove home like that (I shut off the dome lights with dome override switch). The cargo light and door ajar light stayed on. When I got home I disconnected the battery and reconnected after @ 5 minutes. After that, everything was normal. Any ideas????
  • Options
  • Options
    njusanjusa Member Posts: 4
    my car has 126000 miles on it. the manual transmission just needed to be replaced. at the same time the repair shop suggested to replace the clutch the which was pretty worn. the total in parts came to 900 us dollars with 1200 us dollars in labor . does anybody think i got a fair price. or what has anybody paid for the same type of repairs. thanks
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It's hard to say because we don't know what you got for that exactly. Sounds like a new clutch assembly and an overhauled transmission (but not rebuilt). It's a lot of work and if they went through the transmission and replaced what was needed and left what was good (which is an overhaul) and if they did clutch disk, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and resurfaced the flywheel, it's probably a fair enough price for all that. Usually a clutch job is around $750 so that leaves around $1,350 for transmission teardown and parts and R&R of the transmission.

So it all sounds reasonable at least. But again, without a detailed repair order, it's hard to say for certain if it was a "good deal".
  • Options
    bluevolvobluevolvo Member Posts: 4
    my bulb light indicator on my instrument panel wont go off. I have checked all my bulbs and they are fine. Is there a way to shut this light off? Disconnect a fuse? Any help, suggestions?
  • Options
    In addition to the Volvo 240 Wagons discussion I linked the other day, try Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy.
  • Options
    njusanjusa Member Posts: 4
    My 1996 golf manual transmission went bad . Our car repair shop in town removed and replaced the transmission with a rebuilt one. Is there anyone thats knows how many hours, and how much something like this should cost in labor.I just get a feeling that i over paid. thank you
  • Options
    One place to ask would be the Volkswagen Golf: Care & Maintenance discussion. And maybe the Transmission Traumas? discussion even though there aren't any recent Golf posts in there.
  • Options
    jtheifjtheif Member Posts: 4
    i Have a 92 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 when it gets cold i cant start it? it is a brand new starter. if i jump the starter it will start right up (like cross the positive and negitive on the starter) i dont know what to do. can any one help
  • Options
  • Options
    lorinmlorinm Member Posts: 1
    Any guesses where the speedsensor is on my 98 grand??
  • Options
    The folks in Jeep Grand Cherokee will be able to tell you.

tidester, host
  • Options
    frank7ptbkfrank7ptbk Member Posts: 1
    My '89 Chevy Corsica has 145,000 miles on it. I drive it 40+ miles to work each way. Last year it developed a gas leak only above half a tank. I just kept it a less than a half tank. A few weeks ago when I got to work I shut it off and it would not start. When I turn the key it would start for less than a second and shut itself off. I let it sit for my shift and then it started up to get me home. When I got home it did the same thing. It has gotten worse to the point that now I start it and it will run for about 20 min. then shut down until it cools down. Any ideas on the problem?

I know I need a new tank. A friend said that I may have fried the fuel pump.

Thanks,
    Frank7ptbk
  • Options
    "No Start" Problems would be a great place to start. You may want to stop by Corsica Fans: Introduce Yourself! to see whether others have had similar experiences.

tidester, host
  • Options
    john789john789 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Mercury Sable after the car is driven for 15-20 minutes the battery light flashes on and off. The dealer has put in 2 new alternators and the battery light still flashes. The light will not stay on constantly. It will not go on when the car is in park. There are no codes in the computer. The dealer says the light needs to stay on constantly in the shop. Then they can diagnose the problem. Can anybody help
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Head over to the Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable Group - you'll probably find some knowledgeable help in one of the discussions there.
  • Options
    surething6surething6 Member Posts: 2
    I have very little knowledge of vehicle repairs. My truck will not turn over, I checked the battery and recharged it just in case, checked wiring, nothing loose, still will not start. My brother-in-law says it may be something with the starter or starter solinoid. does this make sense and where can I look to start the repairs?
  • Options
    ppinnettippinnetti Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased a 2001 Chevy Blazer. However, after driving it to work and back, I found that the bucket seats really aggravate my lower back pain and sciatica. I'd like to replace the bucket seats with something flatter and more accomodating, but I can't find replacement seats. Will the Jimmy or Bravada seats fit my Blazer? They look more like what I am looking for. Or is their a supplier of replacement seats that has seats that will fit my Blazer?
  • Options
    Check the topic listings in the Chevrolet Blazer/GMC Jimmy group.

tidester, host
  • Options
    rcm999rcm999 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 Pontiac Bonneville that I bought brand new and I've been keeping all receipts on it, including gasoline purchases and oil changes. I also keep everything on an Excel speadsheet - date, description, amount spent, mileage, geographical location. I've had no major work done, only routine maintenance, except for a trip back to the dealer for a burned out bulb.

Do I need to keep the paper receipts for gas and oil changes or will the spreadsheet suffice should I need to provide it to a potential buyer or dealer one day?
  • Options
    I keep a gas log and save everything. Never had much of a use for that stuff and no buyer has ever appreciated it. But you never know - the Engine Sludge/Oil Gelling--Toyota's Customer Response discussion comes to mind as a case where receipts and/or a repair log would come in handy.

Check the Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Care & Maintenance discussion for what other owners are doing. Some of the other owners would be interested to see your real world True Cost to Own numbers.
  • Options
    bearbait00bearbait00 Member Posts: 1
    i recently purchased a 2006 jeep wrangler sport, does any one know if the interior lights are supposed to come on when you open the rear door?
  • Options
    Ask the folks in Jeep Wrangler.

tidester, host
  • Options
    humanengrhumanengr Member Posts: 1
    Where do I post a question or find faqs regarding how Edmund's TMV values are calculated?

Specifically, I noticed that the used vehicles I checked stopped depreciating at ca. 200,000 miles. How am I to understand this?

From a seller's point of view, it could be argued that the TMV is asserting that a vehicle with 275,000 miles has the same value as a comparable vehicle with 200,000 miles.

From a buyer's point of view, it seems that TMV is asserting there is insufficient data to provide estimates values for vehicles with very high mileage, and the values should only be relied on for vehicles up to 200,000 miles.

Is either of these correct or is there another way I am to understand the values?

Thanks in advance,
    humanengr
  • Options
    Try this discussion:

Edmunds Pricing & TMV

And check the Help link at Edmunds.com.
  • Options
    rcm999rcm999 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply, Steve, but Pontiac Bonneville Owners: Care & Maintenance seems to be a dead link.
  • Options
    boobahboobah Member Posts: 18
    I would...just for having an accurate record of maintenance..anyone can do a spread sheet and lie...
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Not sure what happened there, but check out the Bonneville group to find other owners. That link should work! ;)
  • Options
    Oops, look like it got absorbed by the Pontiac Bonneville General Maintenance and Repair one and I didn't double-check. Sorry (and thanks Pat).