Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Grand Am Starting/Stalling Problems

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I don't see that as something that would keep the car from starting.
  • nah1012nah1012 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, this will be a little long and possibly confusing so bear with me. I started having problems with the passlock system last year. We eventually figured out (after replacing the battery, starter, alternator, etc.) that all I had to do was the 10 min bypass for the passlock system. I've had the same problem a few times since then, and the bypass proceedure always works.

And now, of course, something new has started. Let me insert here that I HATE this car, but it is paid off. About a week ago I went to my car to drive home from work. I hit the button on the keyless entry- nothing. Unlock the car manually, try to start. All the dash lights come on. Try to trun the car over-nothing. No clicking, no attempt to crank, nothing. The security light DID NOT stay on or flash as it usually does with a passlock problem. Turn it off, turn it back on-nothing. After doing this a few times, the car finally starts. I drive home.

No more problems for a few days. We thought it was possibly the battery going out. Two days ago I pack the baby up, finally make it to the car, try to start- nothing. Again all lights come on, security light does not flash or stay on, but the car will not even click like its trying to turn over. No amount of turning it off and on will make the stupid car start. Now I am pissed. Any of you with children understand what a fiasco it is just to make it out the door on time with a 3 month old infant!

The hubby comes home, takes the battery out and has it tested. Battery is good. Hubby thinks it may be the ignition switch. We had it towed to the shop this morning so they could take a look. The mechanic hooks the car up to the diagnostic thingy (forgive me I'm female and have no clue what it's called), but cannot even get a read. Its almost like the car has locked us out?

Help!!!! We do not have the money to start replacing random parts in the hopes that it miraculously works...
    Update: The mechanic charged us $150. He jiggled some wires under the dash and the car started. Meaning the problem (tho still unknown to them) is electrical, right? Oh joy!
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    You need a different mechanic. If he (or she) could "jiggle some wires under the dash" why couldn't they see what connector was jiggling and possibly where a bad electrical contact is? If there's no CEL or SES light on hooking up a code scanner won't help since there's no codes to read. Electrical problems like your having most likely wouldn't set an error code anyway.
    Your symptoms do sound a lot like failing ignition switch to me, or possibly a poor connection at some major harness point.
    My 04 GT just turned 116K and has never been in the shop for any repair. The 99 I had was at 120K when some idiot dialing their cellphone plowed into the back of me at around 45mph. It had been in the shop once for a mechanical repair (intake manifold gasket). I can't complain, based on other cars owned (foreign and domestic) they have been pretty good.
    I am kind of irritated that they did not figure out what was loose or where the problem was. He jiggled the wires because he was not getting a read on the code scanner. When he finally got a read he decided to try starting the car again. When it started, instead of finding out where the problem was, he parked it and called it 'fixed'. This just means it will probably happen again (and it always happens at the worst times!). I can just see myself sitting in the car with a screaming baby in the back seat, jiggling random wires trying to get the POS to start! I have had more problems with this car and replaced more parts than I did with my clunker '96 Hyandai Elantra! The engine on this stupid car should be just about brand new with everything I've had to replace! :mad:
  • christikatechristikate Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    1996 Pontiac Grand Am 3.1L

Car has been running well. Parked it and came out the next morning and engine would crank over, but would not start. Have determined that engine is lacking spark and fuel. Upon key on, i hear the fuel pump run, along with everything else powering up ok. All fuses ok, including the pcm and ign fuse. Have replaced the coil pack along with the ignition module and crank sensor, but with no change. Ignition module getting the 12 volts at the 2 pin conn. on left side. Crank sensor ohmed out at 901 and with engine cranking was getting 1.1 volts. All grounds look good. Unplugged map sensor, no change.
    Wondering what to look at next?? Also, if anyone has a link to the ignition wiring diagram, that would help out a ton. Thanks!!!
  • christikatechristikate Member Posts: 2
  • pyro_007pyro_007 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 1999 grand-am the car wont start but it thinks it is being stolen every time i ut the key in it the lights flash until the battery goes dead , the starter will not engage at all not even a clicking noise . should i just blow it up or push it into a river we have been trying everything we can think of for a week now
  • doofusmageedoofusmagee Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    hello all. yesterday while sitting in the drive thru at md's, my car died without warning. after waiting about 10 min it restarted and ran fine for less than 5 min, then died again. pushed it home. the next day it started fine and idled for 10 minutes, then died. replaced the ign module. could not measure fuel pressure, but it did give me a healthy spray when i disconnected the filter and had someone hit the key. it continues to start ok, then die after running a few minutes. is there some interlock that will disable the car in that fashion?
  • nattieann1nattieann1 Member Posts: 1
    I've never had any problems with my car. My man always changes the oil and makes sure its always running great. I live in Iowa and here recently it has gotten very cold. We both work graveyard, and one night he dropped me off first and then went to his plant. When we got off I called him and he said it wouldn't start and even tried jumping it,still no start. We've had our buddy, who is a mechanic look at it and he says the fuel pump is good, spark plugs are good, fuses are good! Pretty much he's stumped! It turns over but won't start, not getting a spark or fuel, but pump is working?!We even tried the passlock everyone is talking about and I kept it in the on position for almost twenty minutes and the security light never shut off, just stayed solid. A guy suggested ignition switch module I believe, but would like more advice. Thanks!
  • tzokotzoko Member Posts: 3
    Check to make sure all the relays are good, that you are getting spark from your wires and plugs, that your starter is turning over, and all connections are secure. Also check to make sure all connections are clean and corrosion free.
  • armywife616armywife616 Member Posts: 1
    So I went to start the car the other day and it would turn over but never fire up. We took the battery to have it tested and they said the battery was not holding a charge. We bought a new battery hooked it up and sure enough it still would not start. My neighbor looked at it did all the usually fuses,spark plugs,battery again,everything that he could think of and knew how to do in googled a few things to try. He feels it was fuel related (as i was googling how much this may cost me) I saw this forum and tried the whole let the car sit for 10 mins in the on position then try to start and got nothing. So before I take it in an blow through my entire tax return to find out is something so dumb would would you suggest I try out next? :confuse: :mad:
    Check or have checked the fuel pressure to see if the pump is working.
  • horlitohorlito Member Posts: 1
    If you turn the key to "On" and there is no response from the starter engine there might be an issue with the ingnition switch.

If the starter engine does "crank" then the Passlock system might have locked in, thus preventing the engine from starting properly
  • tigergaltigergal Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    My 2000 Grand AM has started doing the same thing. When I go from drive to reverse, it stalls- all the lights on dashboard light up and it dies like its out of gas. I have to put it in park and start the car again. I just had the battery and cables replaced this week because it didn't make a sound when I turned the ignition. Also my dashboard lights come on while I was driving and it made the "ding ding" seatbelt sound too while driving! Have you had an answer to your problem yet?? I just had the engine replaced last month due to someone putting stop leak in the car too!
    I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM. When I go from drive to reverse, it stalls- all the lights on dashboard light up and it dies like its out of gas. I have to put it in park and start the car again. I just had the battery and cables replaced this week because it didn't make a sound when I turned the ignition. Also my dashboard lights come on while I was driving and it made the "ding ding" seatbelt sound too while driving! I just had the engine replaced last month due to someone putting stop leak in the car too!
    Please Help! I am at my wits end with this car!
    update on pontiac stalling in reverse...yesterday it stalled while driving. All the dashboard lights came on then about a minute later it completely shut off. I lost all power steering and almost hit a car in the turning lane trying to pull out of the way of traffic behind me! Had it towed and when the towman stopped to take it off the truck.... it started!
  • mvargas2721mvargas2721 Member Posts: 1
    So i have a 1999 pontiac grand am 6 cylinder. It has recently been starting up funny. For example if I turn it on the first time it starts fine, but if i turn it off to go to grocery store or something and go back out minutes to an hour later and try to start it it wont start unless i use the accelerator and give it a little gas. I have it maintenenced regularly,never let it run on empty and have had the spark plugs and headgasket replaced about 4 months ago. I still love my car and the whole starting up a second time right away is the only mahor problem i have with it. If anyone can give me an idea of what could possibly be wrong I would really appreciate :)
    Mine ended up being a short in a wire somewhere close to the driver's side around where the battery is located. It wasn't the battery cables or the battery- they had been replaced that week. The shop I took it to had to call the dealership to figure out where the wire was or what code the diagnostic machine was reading. My began not starting well , then started shutting off in reverse, then just one day stalled while driving! Hope this helps.
  • mcstankmcstank Member Posts: 1
    I recently put a motor and tranny in my grand am it has been running a little goofy and even had,to replace a sticking injector when I start it it starts rough and even smokes a little like the has is running rich when I come to a stop when in gear the car will sputter and sometimes even stall it seems to be fine when I'm driving at highway speeds but today the device engine light came on any ideas on what it could be I have all new spark plugs a new alternator and new battery I'm getting frustrated.
  • keith85keith85 Member Posts: 1
    new fuel pump,fuel regulator......turn key on pump comes on...other days turn key to on pump not on ,wont start, wait about 2 min. comes on..then starts. car has only 30,000 miles..never in an colision....
    Ignition switch?
  • mmwiesemmwiese Member Posts: 1
    About two months ago, my '97 Grand Am was having some problems when you'd shift to reverse after starting it up. (Actually quite similar to tigergal's, above.) It would die and the battery lights, etc. would come on, but I got pretty adept at avoiding this by either giving the car some gas when it was still in park after I'd first start it up, or, if that didn't work, and the car did die in reverse, then turning it off, putting it back in park, and trying it again would usually elicit positive results. Once I'd driven the car a bit, I could reverse, park and turn it off and on again, and there wouldn't really be any problems.

Anyway, I thought I'd be proactive and take it into a shop because I didn't want the problem getting worse, even though I could consistently get it running every time. The mechanic, after about a month of trial and error, deduced it was the fuel pump and replaced that. Yay. That was a $700 journey.

But ever since he got it into his shop the first time (he kept giving it back to me and saying it was fixed only to have it break again), it started having electrical issues. We took it in with a minor problem besides the reverse problem -- that the left blinker had started blinking twice as fast as normal/as the right blinker -- and he seems to have fixed that. But then the battery would be drained every time I came to pick it up (two times in a row), at which point I replaced the battery, even though it was pretty new. The new battery then had issues and the car still wouldn't start.

After more inspection by the mechanic, he gave it back to us, the car started, I drove down the road and had the car start dying on the road (lights shutting off, power steering freezing up). So, I took it back. I think that's when he did some more work on the fuel pump. Or replaced a different part of it.

Anyway, I got the car back again, made it all the way home, drove three more days with it, and then came down to my garage to find the battery drained. Again. It won't even pretend to start up when you turn the key. No reaction. It's not the battery. Could it be the alternator? Bad wiring? Something else? The blinker apparently had corroded wiring, is why that was broken. Is that indicative of probably other bad wiring in the car?

Sorry this mesage is so long, I figured more details were better than less.

I'm taking it to a different mechanic this weekend, assuming I can get it there without it dying again, but ideas of what he should be looking for, etc. would be wonderful.

Thanks!
    "I'm taking it to a different mechanic this weekend" That's probably the best thing you could do.
    Your first problem sounds like a simple cold start enrichment issue to me, but it could be something else. Since it seemed to improve after it warmed up though that's where I would start. I'd like to know how it was determined that the fuel pump was bad from these symptoms though.
    The blinking fast problem is almost always due to a burned out bulb or bad connection (usually at the socket) on the circuit and I don't see anything here to conclude it was anything else.
    As far as the battery issue I suspect one of two possibilities - the alternator isn't charging the battery, or there's a drain on the battery when the ignition is off. The first could be caused by the alternator itself but I've seen bad tensioner pulleys for the serpentine belt cause this also, especially on the 4 cyl. Pontiacs of that era. The second could as simple as an interior, trunk, underhood light that isn't going off, or as bad as some subsystem staying on when it's supposed to be off.
  • jar410jar410 Member Posts: 3
    My car recently started stalling when I would stop at a stop sign or stop light, so I initially thought it was the battery, and went to get that replaced. A few days later it wouldn't start up right away, so I decided to take it to the dealership. The dealership said the fuel pump and fuel filter needed to be replaced, so I got them replaced and it drove fine for about a day, until it stalled out again going down a hill in my parking garage at work. I then had the car towed back to the shop and the mechanic said the first fuel pump was bad, so they had to replace it. It staled again that night turning a corner, so I had it towed to the shop again, and they said they needed to replace the ignition module, so I got that and the crank shaft position sensor replaced. I figured everything they needed to replace was replaced. Well I thought wrong, I took the car home, and then drove it to a friends house that night. On my way home, my car stalled once again at a stop light, and wouldn't start back up for about 45 min. I really want to figure out what the problem is, so I can stop wasting money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • illadelfilladelf Member Posts: 5
    Wow! So I have come here in the past and everyone has been extremely helpful. Just read through nearly every page on this topic, and once again, it seems that many of my fellow "Am" owners are experiencing the same problem as I am.

My car started doing this whole stalling thing sometime last summer. I had a new fuel filter put in, and the problem stopped for the most part. Just recently it started back up, and is having no mercy on me. When it initially began happening, it was only at low speeds and I was always fortunately on back roads. This past week it started happening on the highway a couple of times.

I can't continue to drive this thing around because I'm putting myself and others in danger. Got it towed the other day and like others have said, it of course started right up when we got there. They couldn't find any problems with it, said the fuel pressure was fine, etc., etc. If it's an easy fix such as the wiring, I'd love to be able to do something myself. If it's going to cost me a good amount of money, I've had this thing for 10 years and it's time to say Sayonara.

It doesn't seem like there is a clear cut answer to the problem, and many have spent money on fixing parts to no avail. There has really been no consistency to when it happens (i.e., what speed I'm going) the only thing I am thinking that might make a difference is it seems to happen more when the gas is low (below 1/4 tank). The other crazy thing is that when it does stall out and doesn't want to start back up, if I shake the car it magically turns on. So before I get rid of my baby once and for all, does anyone have any answers or do you think this is a big money problem?? Thanks guys!

Jon
  • doofus54doofus54 Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2012
    this sounds similar to, but not exactly like a bad crank angle sensor. it will work ok cold, but after the engine is at full temp it will fail. after some cooldown time it will start again, but usually only for a short time. it can be intermittent and maddening to diagnose. if you don't want to buy a new one (prices have about doubled since pontiac was murdered) go to your fav junkyard and pick up a couple; if they both work you have a spare. parts are plentiful and most years, if not all are interchangeable. at pull a part about 5 bucks each. the sensor is located above and just right of the oil filter on 4 cyl motors. don't have a clue on v6's. the shaking the car thing, if not a coincidence, may indicate a fuel pick up problem, or water in the tank. has the fuel pump been checked? is your area in its wet season right now? if so, it could be electrical. find every connector in the path of the ignition and fuel system and work them several times, including the relay. if you get under the car, use jack stands. good luck. and i forgot to mention the easiest thing. make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. weird things can happen if corroded or loose.
    and i forgot to mention the easiest thing. make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. weird things can happen if corroded or loose.
  • jar410jar410 Member Posts: 3
    So my mechanic finally figured out what the problem was $1,000 later. He replaced the ignition switch that controls the cars electrical system, and that seemed to do the trick. It will run you around $265, but my car has been running great since that. I hope this will help some people.
  • skill34skill34 Member Posts: 1
    03, pontiac grand am 3.4 liter engine. Hard to start. There is no check engine light or trouble codes present. Turn the key and everything sounds find as the engine is turning to start but it does't start. After the 5th attempt it almost started and on the 6th attempt I pressed on the gas and it started. Just for a brief second it sputtered and then the idle went back to normal. Any info on what could be causing this?
    thanks for the info. thats one to remember
  • mandijeanvmandijeanv Member Posts: 1
    I was reading through these to see if anyone had the same problem and I came close to the one by skill34. The car; 2000 Grand AM, V6, will act like it will turn on i.e. lights ignition all that jazz, but the car will not start. I was spraying ignition fluid into the intake manifold and that worked, twice. I am down to just over a tank of gas and I have to park the car pointed down hill for the stupid thing to start. If it is parked up hill, it will not start at all. Any help would be great, Thanks! :confuse:
    edited May 2012
    that is typical of a car low on gas. are you sure the gas gauge is accurate? If it wont start where it is, pour 2 gallons of gas in and see if it starts. start or not, this is likely a fuel pickup problem. have the line pressure checked, and make sure the pressure does not drop off quickly when the engine stops. check all fuel lines / connectors. less likely a cracked fuel line in the tank letting air in or fuel out. if you check make sure to look into the pump housing also . other possibilities are water in the tank, clogged inlet filter(s), or an intermittent pump. on that point, do you hear the pump run for about a second when you turn the key to "run"? if not, you have an electrical problem, or a pump is in your future. good luck.
  • reddash1reddash1 Member Posts: 1
    I own a Grand Am 1999, 6 cylinder. My car stops running while I'm driving. I've been having this problem since April and it's getting worse. When my vehicle stops, I would easily start it again, but now I can't even get it to start after it stops. Every time it stops, both the battery and oil pressure lights come on. I had the battery replaced sometime in May. The fuel pump is fine.
    Any help is appreciated!
  • kelly80kelly80 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 03 6 cylinder that won't turn over. Checked battery and Starter both were good. When I try starting it, I can hear a faint sounds coming from the throttle body area. Kind of sounds like an alarm clock sounds when running out of power. any suggestions?
    Did you have the car scanned for trouble codes? Having the dash lights come on after a stall is normal, because the engine has stopped.

These symptoms could have a lot of causes. We may have to wait until you have a complete no-start and then check for fuel pressure, spark, injector pulse etc to figure out which one went south.
    That noise you hear is probably normal injector noise. If your battery is good, how about the battery cables? Try this to bypass all starter wiring. MAKE SURE THE IGNITION IS OFF! To check, get a set of GOOD jumper cables and attach the hot side to the hot terminal on the solenoid and to the battery. Attach the cable ground to the battery FIRST! Find a good, solid ground on the engine block and make sure it's clean with no rust. And get ready for some sparks. Push the cable end to the block with good force. It will spark a little or a lot, but you should hear the solenoid click, and the motor should turn over. If it does, the most likely culprit is one of the cables, or their attachment points. But it could be the ignition switch, or a fuse if there is one. If the solenoid clicks, but nothing happens, probably the starter is faulty. Same if it clicks not. good luck!
  • redneckwiferedneckwife Member Posts: 2
    Okay I have a pontiac and the car won't start. I thought it be be a battery problem but the radio and lights work. When I try and start the car it makes a clicking noise. A couple times it made a little noise like it wanted to turn over. I checked the fuses and found none blew. The car has gas in it. Its low on oil but that shouldn't make it not turn over should it? I don't know if its the starter silinoid or what. Ik the ket has a small metal like chip thing built into it. When I'm trying to start the car the radio distorts. Please someone give me some ideas. It started up earlier yesterday and then it won't start now. Could it be the big elek start fuse? Idk how to tell if those are blown or not.
    Really does sound like a bad battery or battery connections.
  • redneckwiferedneckwife Member Posts: 2
    Okay heres the update the car. We jumped it and it took 4 hours to charge it up enough to do that went and watched the firework show and after the show was over we tried to start it again... no go. So my sister tried to jump it with my moms car and it still wouldn't go. A guy came up with a golf cart and it finally started. It worked long enough to get us home now it won't restart.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    As Mr_Shiftright mentioned, it is probably the battery. If you have never replaced the battery, then that's a good place to start. Even when the battery is *almost* dead, sometimes there's enough juice to make the dash lights light up, because that takes very little, whereas starting the vehicle takes a lot more juice. Before you go on a hunting expedition for other issues, you should replace the battery (if you haven't in a few years), or at least clean the connections.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jepier01jepier01 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Grand Am (V6), with 131,000 miles on it. Mine drove mine about 40 minutes, then stalled but radio and gauges were all still working, so pulled off to the side of the road and stopped, battery and oil pressure lights came on. Shut it off and waited about 1 minute and it started right back up. Drove fine after that, but check engine light came on so had my mechanic do a computer check on it for the error. He checked everything out, battery, wiring, fuel pump, etc., and didn't find anything, but the computer was reporting a CAM error. He checked that out too and said it was fine, but my car was below a 1/4th of a tank when it happened. Grand Am's are notorious for dropping the CAM around 150,000 miles though, so I'm wondering if that's about to happen in the future. Mechanic said that there are actually two of them in the Grand Am, so if just one goes out then you'll still be able to drive it but get it to the shop ASAP. He reset the computer and it ran fine for the next 6 months or so, then it did it again on another long road trip and once again I was getting around that 1/4th a tank mark. Started right back up again and went the rest of the trip (about an hour) just fine. Drove great for another 3 or 4 months, then just yesterday on a 4 hour trip it did it multiple times, but again I had 1/8th a tank and was cutting it close the last part of the trip when it did it about 6 times. Weird, because my radio, blinkers, headlights, and gauges all still work, its just like the fuel pump goes out (had that happen with my last truck). I gave it more gas while messing with the blinkers to see if they still worked, and it stuttered a little bit then started back up on its own without even stopping the car, so I'm wondering if when it just gets that low on fuel it gets air or something in the fuel pump or line and causes it to stall, because pushing on the gas pedal a couple times was making it start itself back up while I was still driving on the highway. Might have the fuel pump and/or filter checked out again, seeing as it's been a good year and a half since I've had my mechanic check it out, and keep it above a quarter tank of gas :)
    Nah, I think it's electronic from the symptoms you report. I think the 1/4 gas tank is correlation, not causation.
  • mojo72mojo72 Member Posts: 1
    My car did this several times (sporadically) in which I had it towed to a service station. I was told it was my security feature which was expensive to replace - so I just crossed my fingers. After the third tow, a lady who worked at the service station was nice enough to tell me I could "fix" this myself. Here is what you do when it doesn't start: Turn your key three times to the "on" position (but not turning it over to start it). On the third time, leave it in the "on" position. Your dash lights will quit flashing, except for your security light. It takes about 10 minutes, but when the security light quits flashing - turn your key to the "off" position, and then try starting it. It works everytime (so far).
  • czbabyda1czbabyda1 Member Posts: 1
    sounds like safety neutral switch sorry late post just answering for someone else with the same problem in the future
  • ssaleengirlzssaleengirlz Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Pontiac grand am. It runs great…. But about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that it would only start when it was cold outside. (usually in the morning) then later in the afternoon when I went to leave to go home. The car would struggle to start. I was parked in the shade, because I noticed when I would try to start it in the afternoon and it was hot outside, it would take 3 or 4 starts to get it running. The last time I went to start it in the afternoon, the electric locks, flickered back and forth twice. Then the car just wouldn’t start at all. The next morning after leaving it sitting all night…. Started again, which then I took it to the mechanic, who thought it was the fuel pump, so that was replace. That didn’t work…. So then he replaced the battery. That didn’t work. There is no check engine light or anything that comes on. Everything runs it normal sequence when trying to start it. well after having the car for three weeks, he has given up and told me that it is the security system and I would need to take it to the dealer. What do you think?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Hm... I am NOT a mechanic, but you might want to check our Grand Am Security Passlock discussion. That link will take you to posts near the end of the discussion, but you might want to start a few pages back and read other owners' symptoms, and the advice provided to them to fix it. Since a mechanic said it was the security system, the "cut the white wire" solution mentioned there MAY be the fix for your problem, and it is a free, do-it-yourself job.

I can't say that that is the problem, but it's probably worth reading that discussion, and perhaps posting over there too.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    If you decide to work with a dealership, please keep us updated on your progress. If you would like for us to look into anything further, please contact us at [email protected] (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • hunter133hunter133 Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem down to the door unlocks activating, I would really like to know what you find out. Everyone I talk to tells me it's my fuel pump, but I tryed bypassing the fuel pump relay when it is hot outside and the doors just unlock. I tryed this when it was cold and the fuel pump kicks in no problem. Does this mean that it is my fuel pump? And it does not work when it's hot outside? Or is there other relays or kill switches that tie in after the relay? Does anyone know what I can do to eliminate all other possibilities? Thanks Chris
  • hunter133hunter133 Member Posts: 2
    A friend of mine from out of town, who is also a mechanic, went through the car with me and we figured it was the ignition switch. Changed it out and no more problems.
    Chris