Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ngeoffreyngeoffrey Member Posts: 2
    I researched my 2010 CX9 on truecar.com and decided to email the dealer the lowest price suggested on truecar.com. I asked the dealer if he would accept $35026 for a 2010 CX9 AWD GT with moonroof, navigation, leather seats etc. Withib 20 minutes he came back as YES! No extras or surprises.
    I have had the car for 20 days or so and today the battery drained it self, on further inspection the passenger car seat was very warm. I had heard from a colleague who also has a cx9 that his seat warmers had to be disconnected by the dealer as it was faulty. I ended up calling Roadside assistance to charge the battery. On further reading on this forum I have removed the seat warmer 15amp fuse hoping it won't drain any further until tomorrow when I can take it to the dealer.
    :sick:
  • Options
    aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    On further reading on this forum I have removed the seat warmer 15amp fuse hoping it won't drain any further until tomorrow when I can take it to the dealer.

Mazda does have the issue fixed. It's just a matter of getting the parts over here to fix the affected units. Should not be long!
  • Options
    cross_currentcross_current Member Posts: 14
    aviboy- any updates on when dealers should be receiving new inventory of CX-9s? Sure many Mazda dealers in the north east are not pleased to be missing out on the winter sales of AWD SUVs.
  • Options
    igolfchipigolfchip Member Posts: 1
    Hi Gang;

In negotiations to purchase a CX-9 Sport (Black + no extra options - plenty of features for what we need it for).

Here's where we stand (Southeast USA):
    $26,350 (incl. $500 owner loyalty and bring my own financing)

However, Mazda finance is offering 0.9% for 60 mos. so would like the best price and use their finance.

I'm getting conflicting information on what the current incentives are - can anyone help me get the inside line of what I should expect to pay with their financing and any tips to help me push this over the goal line?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    cross current-

We have a few coming out way towards the end of this week. The story should be the same with the rest of the North Eastern dealers.
  • Options
    ngeoffreyngeoffrey Member Posts: 2
    The removal of the 15amp fuse for the heated seats worked as the battery did not drain. I called the dealer today he listened to what I had to say but didn't intimate that they were aware of any such issue or problem. Any way I'll take the car in tomorrow. :mad:
  • Options
    djcarlindjcarlin Member Posts: 3
    Bought a brand new 2010 CX-9 Touring FWD... Had my eye on one for a while, but I saw a commercial for 0% financing and pulled the trigger.

Touring trim level, with the bose stereo, moonroof, rear view camera, and power lift gate. Paid $31,200 and received 0% financing for 60 months. I was surprised by the 60 months, I went in there assuming it was 36 months. Nice little surprise. Stormy Blue Mica exterior with Sand interior, the exact color combo and options I wanted - I was happy to find one on the lot precisely how I wanted it.

Bought it at Palm Springs Motors (Palm Springs Mazda) in Cathedral City, CA.
  • Options
    buyer101buyer101 Member Posts: 80
    Nice job djcarlin. 31.2K was the OTD price ?
  • Options
    No, that was not the OTD price :) MSRP was $34,177 - dealer actually had it marked up to $35,677!! TrueCar and Edmunds seemed to think I got a great price. I got a lower offer, $30,830 at a dealer in San Diego, but I didn't feel like spending an entire day getting there.

$31200 was just the vehicle price. I had to pay about $2700 in taxes, $55 doc fee, and around $100 in misc registration/transfer/titling/California tire fees/etc.

Another tip - I was able to save $362 on licensing fees in California, apparently the licensing fee is waived for out of state active duty (which my wife is, its her car). First guy I spoke with at the dealer didn't know this, but another individual did and wrote it up that way.
  • Options
    tronbombtronbomb Member Posts: 7
    2010 GT Moonroof/Bose, Lift gate, Sat radio, Wheel locks for $33000. OTD cost is $34317 (taxes, tags, $200 processing fee), Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    tjxtjx Member Posts: 32
    0% financing a great deal for many, but you, the customer, are still paying for the interest. Dealers will take off additional dollars, depending on the model, if you do not use their financing but are able to arrange your own or pay cash. In my case an additional $1500 off a fwd Grand Touring with options 1RV, LG2, NV3, 1MC and RSE after I had negotiated my best price with all the information from this board, invoice price web sites, etc.
  • Options
    You think the $31200 vehicle price I paid is that out of line with what others have paid for a 2010 CX-9 Touring FWD w/1CX, 1LG and 1MC (MSRP $34,177)? I don't pretend to know everything about car buying, but that price was less than the $31500 invoice price listed here on Edmunds TMV, truecar.com, and Consumer Report's "New Car Price Report" so I thought I was doing well. I'll admit, this was my first new car, so I thought $300 under invoice was pretty decent.
  • Options
    allan20allan20 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, I am in the market for a CX-9 and I would like to find out if they are appropriate for a towing a small boat - approx 3000 lbs

Pls advise if I should take the Grand Touring trim, or if I can get by with the Touring version.

Also, do you recommend having the towing package factory installed or can I get this done at a third party? Please advise your experiences towing a trailler and if I should consider anything else?

How much should I expect the OTD price for either version in the south Florida area?

Thanks!
  • Options
    gellogello Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a 2010 AWD Sport from a Southern California dealer. Price was $28,048 before TTL. I used USAA and their pre-negotiated system to make a dealer offer. There were no extra options installed. I could have purchased the vehicle for $27,048 but opted for the 0%/60 months offer turning down a manufacturer-dealer incentive of $1000.

I did not purchase an extended warranty but am looking for a dealer who is willing to negotiate on that item. Does anyone have any prices paid for MEPP?

Thanks for all of effort with the forum it was a great resource.

I also relied heavily on this website. http://www.truecar.com/index.html
  • Options
    Allan,

If you are going to tow anything get a AWD spec vehicle and avoid the tow option. The AWD has the larger transmission cooler and radiator. The Mazda tow option comes with an 1 1/4" receiver which is probably no good to you. For more info go the the towing discussion rather then this one.

A bolt on receiver can be had for $160 from hiddenhitch.com as well as the wiring you require.
  • Options
    robwsdrobwsd Member Posts: 2
    I'll post a new message later detailing our experience more but last night my wife and I purchased a 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD in Liquid Silver with Black leather interior from Auto West Mazda in Roseville, Ca. Vehicle came equipped with the Moonroof/Bose package, Navigation and Power Lift Gate. MSRP was $39,915. We paid $35,000 (before tax, title and license). We also got a 5 yr 100,000 mile extended bumper to bumper warranty (because we drive about 20,000 miles/yr) for an additional $2,250 (they started at $3,350).

Just wanted to get the numbers out there for those of you planning on buying soon. Big thing for us was we wanted the GT but couldn't find any without all the additional goodies. Finally told them if you can get down to the stock GT price ($34,725) we'll talk. They fussed a little but ultimately we met at $35,000. Considering we saved more than $4,000 on the sticker price I am very satisfied. Push the dealers hard, work multiple dealers and use them against each other. Two hours of phone calls before going a the dealership can save you literally thousands of dollars. Good luck!
  • Options
    Rob- sounds like that purchase is $5000 below sticker and $1500 below invoice!! How did that happen?
  • Options
    felixa7felixa7 Member Posts: 15
    We got a similar deal in the MD area. We wanted a black, GT with moon roof, liftgate and nothing else. They didn't have the car. All the dealers scrambled to get one, but Mazda was holding new CX-9s at the port to fix the seat heating units. One local dealer offered us a black GT, fully loaded (except for remote engine starter) with Nav for $ 33,800 + dest fee and tags/title/tax.
  • Options
    Felixa7-- That would be 6K below MSRP and $2500 below invoice.

I wonder if the Mazda incentives have gone up to allow the dealer to sell at such a favorable price. For February all I see is 0% 60mth financing. Wonder what is going on.
  • Options
    The only incentive they told me about was $ 1000 for paying cash rather than financing. There's a $ 500 Mazda loyalty discount -- we didn't qualify for that.
  • Options
    I wonder if the Mazda incentives have gone up to allow the dealer to sell at such a favorable price. For February all I see is 0% 60mth financing. Wonder what is going on.

There are no incentives that allow the dealer to discount at a heavy amount. There is no stairstep or any objective based payment plan for the CX-9's.

Holdback is the only form of additional money paid below the invoice amount.
  • Options
    I just checked the MSRP that they sent me by e-mail. It's $ 39,790
  • Options
    Aviboy,

but the holdback doesn't appear near enough to explain sales prices 1500 to & 2500 below invoice. What does?

From above poster it sounds like by paying cash instead of taking 0% 60mth financing offer the dealer can shave $1000 off price. So, is there is money in the financing the dealer can tap into in a cash sale to cut the sales price?
  • Options
    $300 under invoice sounds like and usually is a pretty decent deal, but from reading the posts here from 2399 to this reply it looks like another $1000 to $1500 is floating around somehow tied into that 0 percent financing if you elect not to use?? Don't know for sure.
  • Options
    They may also be able to play around with the $ 750 destination charge, though my price (and those that others are quoting, presumably) does not include that charge.
  • Options
    venom25venom25 Member Posts: 3
    Why is it impossible to find a GT with a RES in the southeast. Talked to several dealers and all of them say the only one is in VA. What am I missing here?
  • Options
    Robwsd,

Thanks for you post. I have a question.

Was your warranty purchased directly from Mazda's MEPP? Do you the price schedule for the other available options?
  • Options
    tronbombtronbomb Member Posts: 7
    Rob/Felix

Did you get 0% financing with your deals?
  • Options
    boomellinboomellin Member Posts: 1
    We just got this new car last week. I haven't even driven it yet as my old lease is not up. I had the second row seats down overnight and the next day the leather/foam seating is completely indented from where the seat belts were and has not popped back up. I can't believe the quality of the seats. I would think you could put down the seats and not have such damage. I am glad I am leasing and did not buy. I can't image how the quality will hold up with so much damage from just the seats being down. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem. I am tempted to drive to the dealer just to show it to them. I don't even have 50 miles on the car yet. Thanks for your feedback.
  • Options
    Silver GT
    Navi/Bose/Moonroof
    Power hatch
    Towing prep
    $34600 price
    $35900 OTD.
    Took the 0% for sixty months.

Really wanted the RES but I will find some aftermarket headrest ones.
  • Options
    venom-

Was that with FWD or AWD? If FWD invoice would be about $34,500 + destination fees.

An excellent price with the financing offer and well worth taking it and getting the RES as an aftermarket.
  • Options
    I paid cash. Supposedly, that got me $ 1000 off of the price.
  • Options
    FWD. AWDs are also almost non-existant in the Southeast.
  • Options
    robwsdrobwsd Member Posts: 2
    Gello: Yes it was the MEPP. Unfortunately I do not remember the other options, just didn't make a mental not of the ones we didn't get.

Tronbomb: We did take the 0% financing. Don't know if declining it would have resulted in a better price or not. According to Mazda's website it doesn't seem like there is a rebate if you don't accept the financing.
  • Options
    sewi5234sewi5234 Member Posts: 1
    I just put a deposit down on the following:

2010 GT AWD
    Black/Black
    moonroof package
    Navi
    roof rack
    remote start
    splash guards

35,000 before th service charge
    37,235.10 OTD (including TTL)
    purchased in South Eastern WI.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has posted their purchase pricies. Without all of your contributions I dont think I would have gotten the deal I got. I hope to take ownership this friday!
  • Options
    sreddossreddos Member Posts: 5
    We just left the dealership and here is what they offered us:

2010 Grand Touring AWD Copper Red w/ Sand Int
    Moonroof & Bose package
    Power Rear Hatch
    Nav System
    Roof Rails
    Remote Start

$34,967 before tax & title with 0% financing for 60 months. That sounds like a great deal, but just wanted to get a feel for it on here.
  • Options
    louise59louise59 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone who had a problem with the heated seats draining the battery. Then had the heated seats unplugged. I had my seats fixed. The dealer called and said the parts were in and I had them fix it the next day. So far so good.
  • Options
    Good deal, whats a few hundred on a $35,000 plus car. You could get it a little lower with the American Express Buying Program with participating dealers throughout the country like $34,259 for the same car before tax and title with the same options from Congressional Mazda, Rockville, Md., but I am sure they would have to find it or special order it. Also, if you elect not to take the 0% financing there seems to be an extra $1000 off offered by some dealers, but I know of only one firm dealer that has offered this. Several posts before this also mentioned it. Still, your deal sounds good, especially if they already have the car! Go for it, I am planning on buying in May but like you, follow this board closely.
  • Options
    I'll have to check out the AMEX program; I have a Gold Card. The dealership doesn't have the car, but they said they can get it with all the options we want installed in 48 hours.
  • Options
    bowled_overbowled_over Member Posts: 16
    That looks like a great deal. Does 34.967 include destination charge too. Which location are u based in.
  • Options
    Extra $1000 on no 0% financing seems to be standard. With the kind of options mentioned by sreddos- even with front wheel drive- I have yet to see a price lower than 35K. I am going to check out congressional mazda after seeing your post.
  • Options
    I am not sure. We never went through everything to add in the "admin" costs. We were just looking at the vehicle price. I am in Dayton, OH and I am also looking at Cincinnati, OH. I looked the AMEX Buyer Program and got a price of $34,888, but I wonder if that also includes $500 Mazda loyalty cash. The $34,967 did.
  • Options
    Just closed it in Richmond VA. Includes Bose /Moonroof; RES, and other minor stuff. Got 0% financing. Could not see advantage of paying 1500 bucks for navigation system when it does same job as $150 Garmin Nuvi
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    First of all congrats on the new CX9...but wait a minute....according to the Mazda website if you get moonroof and Bose you must get Nav and power rear hatch....or if you get RES and Bose you also get power rear hatch..the RES and moon roof can not be together....could r=expand on that...thanks
  • Options
    Moonroof/Bose is coupled with power open/close rear hatch. But u can certainly add RES separately without adding Navigation system. If u do add Nav system, Towing Prep gets added automatically. Btw RES was not factory installed and is being added by the dealer.
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    I stand corrected...what kind of RES is the delaer adding?....on the headrest?....and how much
  • Options
    Upon further talks with the dealership, the $34,967 does include destination but not TTL. And they are giving me 0% for 60 months. Just waiting for the sales guy to come in so I can give a deposit and get it ordered. 48 hours to deliver and add the roof rack and the remote engine starter.
  • Options
    "Could not see advantage of paying 1500 bucks for navigation system "

Bowled over-
    To be fair, in addition to the dash mounted Navigation unit the option also includes a rear backup camera as well.
  • Options
    Can anyone provide info on the American Express Buyers Program TJX mentions in his post? Thanks.
  • Options
    I realize that dash mounted navigation may give somewhat better view- but in the option I chose, I do have rear view camera. Its image is seen in my case in the driver side mirror