Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    I still have the film in the camera from my trip to Turkey Bay and haven't shot the remaining frames yet. The link below is to my "guide's" pictures that he took that day with a digi. RodDawg was the experienced wheeler who was nice enough to meeet me at Turkey Bay and keep me out of trouble.

http://community.webshots.com/user/roddawg9

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?

• twylietwylie Posts: 619
    Check out:

http://www.ewylie.com/jeep/ordering.htm

This was the info I compiled when ordering ours last year. One of the other posters here found that Union Pacific also has a rail car tracking system, but I haven't updated my page yet. That link is:

http://my.uprr.com/pet/

HTH

-twylie

• markbuckmarkbuck Posts: 1,021
    I'm gonna wait on the better seats in the '03 and make a decision on rubicon vs sport based on price.

I'm assuming the front seat travel and back seat ease of removal will be across the line and not just on the Rubicon.
  • Anybody know where I could order some short door holder straps? I know this topic was discussed in the past. As we all know, the factory straps are just too long, and cause those doors to swing out too far. I thought there was a company out on the net that has shorter ones? Thanks.
  • goducks1goducks1 Posts: 432
    I'm sure you could find them at www.quadratec.com or www.4wd.com, but beware, some little neuron is firing off in my brain right now and telling me they are a steel horse product and that someone here had trouble with them. An easier solution may just be to put a few twists in the ones you have, which would have the same effect.
  • You can indeed get them through quadratec, as I remember seeing them a couple of days ago when I was at wor^H^H^H home, drooling over all the great stuff that I can't afford at the moment.

As for the twist method, it works pretty well, though I occasionally have an issue with the straps popping off the bar. Not sure if it is annoying enough to justify spending money on something so trivial. Probably be easier all around to just rig something up, but well, I just haven't got around to it yet.
  • bamatazzbamatazz Posts: 311
    try thinkjeep.com also...
    I think they are about 10.00 for a pair..

Hello Jeepers... Bama is still here...
    been sick past few days.....I'l be posting again soon..

Keep Jeepin
    BT
  • anonymous02anonymous02 Posts: 1,538
    I saw the smile on your face in all that mud.

I thought you said you'd never do it!!!???
    Hey you guys.

Everyone here seems pretty gung ho on their SUV, right?

For fun and giggles, go over to "I don't like SUV's, why do you?" and post a few reasons why and hold on for some excitement.
    I never thought I would either! :)

It sure was fun! I think I'm gonna swear off the mud, though. Lots of folks that I chat with in Gill's say that mud can cause long term damage by getting into places where you don't want it.

I will take the occsional mudhole that you just can't avoid sometimes when you are offroading, but I won't go out of my way to go through mudholes. Glad I did it once, but that's enough.

Guess Thelma will be happy today. Have to take a fairly short business trip, and I think I will drive her instead of the S-10. We have about an inch of snow, and there are places where the snow has melted an re-frozen, so the roads will be slick in places. It won't be a four wheel drive situation, but still she ought to do better with those All Terrains than that little S-10 with regular tires and no weight in the bed.

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • tjx02tjx02 Posts: 13
    I haven't heard this noise in mine, same specs. I have noticed a strange noise when coasting in gear with the clutch in. Anyone else have that one?
    I bought my 02 X in September of last year at the ripe old age of 35. I had a 97 Mazda pickup. I LUV MY TJ. I test drove one just to get it out of my system. Half a mile from the dealership I was hooked. Life is short folks. If you want one and can afford it, get one. If you regret it, sell it.
    I gotta check in here more often! My .02 on a few topics.
    Re: Anti-lock brakes. I don't have ABS, but did on my last vehicle. It is a strange feeling the first few times you really slam the brakes, but haven't had any problems so far.
    Re: Tops/doors. unless you have a garage and lift, go for the soft top. Mine is quiet enough to hold a conversation at hiway speed and warms up quickly. Also have half doors. Thought the full metal looked a bit silly with the top off, plus I bought off the lot and they didn't have one in my color. The only downside is going thru drive thrus on wet days. Besides, don't you feel a bit sad for those Jeeps with hard tops on sunny afternoons? I can be topless and gone in under 15 minutes and still have some birds*%t protection while parked.
    Re: me. just to save scrolling. My TJ is an '02X, silverstone/black top/agate interior, conv. pkg, sound package, wheel plus group and AC. And I'm a waver.
    L8r,
    Phillip
  • Hey guys... I am new here and just wanted to say hello. I have been following the forum for a while and look forward to posting. I just got a 01 Sport in Solar Yellow. I got the 2001 because I got such a good deal and it still only has 27 miles on it. I got it for $19,000 with the 30" Canyon Tire and Wheel Group, Dana 44 Axle, Fog lamps and tow hooks, Tinted windows, air, cruise, CD player, sentry key, and side steps. I think it was a pretty good deal and I am very excited.

I used to have an SE but this time I just had to get the I-6 as the difference in power is noticable to me. It looks great in the garage! I can't wait until it warms up enough to get that top down. I am in Memphis and it is cold and wet here for a few days.... :-(

Michael
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    We're glad you're here too and look forward to hearing a lot more from you! Congrats on your new Jeep.

tidester
    Host
    SUVs
    CONGRATS! I know you will have a ball with that Jeep! I'm sure happy for you.

That does sound like a real deal that you got.

Be a frequent poster here. Welcome to the group.

tsjay

Have you huggeg your Jeep today?
  • Hey guys.... I need some advice. The wrangler I just got has a CD player and the sound bar plus the standard 4x6 speakers up front. I think the sound bar speakers are decent but there is no bass at all. I don't want to let the neighborhood hear me but I am looking for a way to get some bass for listening pleasure. Do you all have any recommendations without spending alot of money? Also should I upgrade the factory speakers too?? Thanks so much!

Michael
  • mtngalmtngal Posts: 1,911
    Congrats on the new jeep! Let us know how things are going.

tsjay - I don't do much in the mud - there isn't any around here. In fact, we haven't seen more than a dusting since December! One can always hope...
    Congratulations!

Sounds like a good deal to me!

Enjoy!
    I am looking to upgrade stereo also.

The 1.5 DIN selection is limited, but I do like the Jensen 615X with the large buttons and display.

Otherwise, I am thinking of getting the Scoshe CJ1968 dash fit kit which has a little pocket which is good for cd's, wallet, gum, mints, cigs, what have you to use up the .5 DIN spot. I hate to see space wasted.

I have been looking and looking, and cannot find a decent stereo/CD receiver which has a knob for volume and one for tuning. I really dislike the digital pushbuttons. The closest I have found are the Nakamichi, but they are too costly for a Jeep.

hmmmmmmmm.
  • cklausingcklausing Posts: 16
    Well, the cheapest fix is to put up some sort of baffling behind the speakers. For the fronts, you can get pre-formed enclosures that go in behind the dash speakers. For the soundbar, you can get something similar and/or use some poly-fill to tighten up the sound. As for increased base, I don't know how much this will help.

As for the factory speakers, they were the first things to go for me. The soundbar speakers were easy enough to replace, but the dash speakers aren't "standard" in their method of attachment, so you'll either need to find some brackets to provide a standard mounting, or build your own. I took the second route, because I was not able to find anything locally, and didn't want to wait to try and order something (I reallized my problem after I'd already ripped out the existing speakers).

In terms of the actual head unit, I decided on going with a Rockford Fosgate CD/MP3 player. There were two reasons for going with CD/MP3 ability. The first being that with the way the Wrangler rides, I would occasionally get skipping in the CD player. The buffering used for MP3 playback totally removes this problem from the picture. No matter how bumpy the ride, the music plays smooth. I've yet to have so much as a single skip while playing back MP3s. The second being that I like to leave my Wrangler open, rather than locking it and providing a reason for a thief to cut the soft windows/top trying to get in. As a result, I don't want to leave a cd collection out for the taking. I can get 10+ audio CDs of music onto one MP3 CD, and I just leave that in the head unit, and take the faceplate with me. Lots of music one a single disc is a wonderful thing.

I chose the Rockford Fosgate unit because it was well-rated most everywhere I went, and because of the controls being very easy to use on a bumpy ride and without looking. The volume knob is a real knob, and it is also used for all the sound-tailoring settings. The preset buttons are slightly small, which is the biggest annoyance I've noticed. The scan/seek/track-change buttons are fairly large, and are right next to the volume knob and very easy to access.

The display is really bright and large. Very easy to see on a sunny day with the top down. Only real compaint is that the deck doesn't have ID3 tag support for MP3s. It's a standard DIN unit, so a mounting bracket is needed as well.

As far as the order of improved sound quality:

1:speaker upgrade (put in Infinity speakers)
    2:head unit upgrade
    3:poly-fill in soundbar

Of course, that is just the opposite of the ordering based on cost:)
  • Hi-

I'm new here and have been thinking about getting an 02 soon. I am trying to determine what is really different between the X and Sport, aside from fog lamps, full doors std., and a tilt steering wheel. I haven't been to a dealer yet, so this is just what i've gathered on my own.

So here is my question- I don't want full doors or tilt, but do want the fog lamps, which aren't an option on the X (from what I can see) - The fog lamps don't justify the extra 1300 dollars to get the Sport- How difficult is it to add fog lamps after I buy it?

Also- I live in Chicago, want the soft top, but curious how cold it gets in there during the winter.

Thanks!
    Just get some decent headlights.

Go here and ask for Cibie E-Code headlamps.

If you go with a higher wattage bulb, get the relay/harness.

http://lighting.mbz.org/

and read the faq:

http://lighting.mbz.org/faq/

don't forget to aim them:

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to//aim/

see also:

http://www.talbotco.com/cibie_main_frameset.htm

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/

http://www.alfacybersite.com/ACSCibhl.html

Whew!

tidester
    Host
    SUVs
    I still haven't figured out how to put more than maybe 3 links in the same post without getting an error. You were going to look into that. Any luck?
    The thing I looked into was trying to get past the 115 (or whatever) limits on the character length limit of a URL. Unfortunately, there isn't any easy way around that - BUT - http://makeashorterlink.com works!

Regarding multiple links in a message - just enter < br > or < p > (without the spaces!) after each link and it will produce a line break in the text. I am not sure why it's not automatically being done with your links. How, exactly, are you entering the links onto the page now?

tidester

Host

SUVs