Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• texasjeeptexasjeep Posts: 270
    jacorob
    Sounded like a great trip. I did 21 hours once from CO. That was a mistake. I won't be doing that again. Taking the wallet out is a must.
    I love taking my Jeep on road trips. No one else ever wants to take it though.
    I don't bother waving at cheorkees unless they are modified or wave first.

mtngal
    I love dry heat. If someone likes the sticky stuff better I think they should be put in a institute. :)
    You have to have a couple nice weeks where it is not too hot yet and not cold anymore. Just one weekend is all I ask. I know if I can enjoy it in this hot wet heat, you can there. Just throw on some sunscreen. I just know how much me and others enjoy running without tops on. As long as you are moving you stay cool. It may not be as bad as you think.

lookin4sahara
    What do you mean about carrying around your half doors with you? If you take them off you just throw them in back. You can also leave them at home if you are going out for the day and don't want to mess with taking the doors completely off. Full doors have their advantages, I just want you to make the decsion for the right reasons.
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Posts: 270
    It is probably best that you just pass right through Houston at that time of the year. I understand spending the time with the family. If you will be in Corpus awhile, I am wanting to go down there to run some beaches. My brother was working down there and was telling me about it. Well if not in Texas there is always CO? I am suppose to be making a run up to CO, but I don't know if I am going to make it this year. I have a couple of friends that live outside Denver that know a lot of the trails there. It is awesome there.
  • madman390madman390 Posts: 72
    It's been 6 years since I've spent any time in Colorado. I do remember some great forest roads in the mountains. Pretty much pick which peak you wanted to see, and there was probably a trail or path up it. My college roommate and I would go Jeepin' all the time. Nothing hardcore, mostly just these trails to get to climbing locations.

I can't wait to get back to that. I should be in Colorado Springs for at least 3 years. Quadratec lists 4x4 clubs by location, so I will definitely look into some of those. But whether in a club, or just me and the dog, I plan on hitting as many mountains as I can. And the wrangler is just the way to do it.

22 days and counting!

Madman
  • saharagalsaharagal Posts: 88
    Hey guys, I just got off the phone with DC. My Shara was built on Thursday! Pretty exciting. Having grown up in Detroit, I'm extra excited that it didn't end up being built on a Friday or Monday!

The service rep said it could be up to 30 days in transit. It probably won't be any more than two weeks though. He said to call back after the 4th for the railcar number.

Wow! I can hardly believe it. The Jeep actually exists. Boy! I need a name for sure now!
  • tsjaytsjay Posts: 4,591
    Won't be long now!

See, I told you that you needed to come up with a name! It should have been part of your birth announcement.

Now, get serious on that name! :)

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • dwranglerdwrangler Posts: 127
    Besides the obvious necessity of getting the Jeep, the next is to take a trip like that. Wow, I'm a bit jealous...1)that you had the time to take, 2)that you had the money, 3)that you like my father are crazy enough to drive 12 hours! :O

I really envy anyone that can do something like that. I wish I had my Jeep now, because I really need a trip like that to clear my head. It's been a rought year.

hey tsjay,

Or any body else. I've been hearing about 1.9% interest rate, how long is the finance period for that? As I've said before, my finances are too tight for a Jeep right now but I was wondering about that and what the prospects are for the low rates to continue or get better (if that's possible).

Hug your Jeeps for me today! :)

dwrangler
  • dwranglerdwrangler Posts: 127
    Just looked at the photos in the owner's section and I have one thing (ok may more than one)to say. They look awesome!!! It just makes me want a Wrangler all the more.
    -----
    tsjay,

nice jeep and great dog!
    -----
    to the younger owners,

boy, how I wish I had gotten a Jeep when you did.
    -----
    I think I'll go by the dealer tomorrow and drive one again, while I'm out apartment hunting (for the future)
    -----
    and I don't remember who I saw with 2 Jeeps, but brother what a sweet dream come true!.

Hug your Jeeps for me today!

dwrangler
  • When I say carrying half of your doors with you, what I mean is when you take the upper canvas half of the door off. Usually people carry them in the back of the vehicle or in back of the seat.
  • saharanutsaharanut Posts: 134
    dwrangler
    1.9% 24 months
    3.9% 36 / 48 months
    4.9% 60 months

Gal!! congrats!
    your getting closer now!.. tazz cant wait till hear about his new cousin...

Got jeep?
    Snut
  • jeepboy727jeepboy727 Posts: 14
    Ok guys, I just found a 2001 Sahara. Here are the details. Forest Green Pearl Coat with Dark Tan Dual Tops and Camel/Dark Green Sahara int. 5 spd, Air, Dana 44 rear axle, 3.73 ratio, Trac-Lok differential, CD, Subwoofer, Canyon 30" Tire and Wheel Group, 2K miles,(Dealer Demo) factory warranty, Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; Dual Air Bag Restraints; Rear Window Defroster; Power Steering; Tinted Glass; Tilt Steering Wheel; and 5 speed. All this for $20500. Priced it out on JeepUnpaved and the MSRP was $25,895. For that price I want to do it and worry about selling my car later. I just need to get the boss(read wife) to sign off on the deal. Any thoughts?
  • madman390madman390 Posts: 72
    Sounds like a great deal. That price is what most of us would be paying for a Sport! I'd be a little worried about the 2K miles, but not too much as it still has the factory warranty. You just have to worry about how it was "broken in" and exactly how the dealer demo'd it.

Do you get the rebate with that? Or will you go for the low rate financing?

Madman
  • tntbeautytntbeauty Posts: 22
    I've always wondered why people wave at Mom and I in her Wrangler (and of course we grin from ear to ear and wave back), but no one ever waves at me when I am in my GC.

Now I know the trick - I need to wave first!

Nice to see all of you still around **hugs**

And congrats on the new Baby Sahara Gal :o)

Tara
    That sounds like a real deal on that Sahara. You gonna do it?

Just be sure that you really want that particular Jeep. It sounds good to me, but you are the one that has to be happy with it. Even though it sounds like a super deal, just be sure you aren't buying that particular one just because of the deal. That's too much of an investment, even at that price, to get something that you really wouldn't be happy with in the long run.

Just the "old man's" two cent's worth.

tsjay

Hi! You really do have Wrangler Fever!

Hang on to that dream, and it will eventually come true. If it were within my power, I would have one delivered to you today.

Sounds like we have something else in common: we are both dog lovers. Have you ever checked out Ross Allen's web page?

http://www.members.aol.com/tjoh298765/raj.html

Keep the faith!

tsjay

• I hope this hiddious (in my opinion) thing is really not replacing the current wrangler.....

check out the link and comment

http://www.jeepclub.co.uk/news/vj.html

• ispygatorispygator Posts: 14
    1.9 is for any thing up to 36 months
    3.9 is for 37-48 months
    4.9 is for 49-60 months

rates extended as of now through july 8th.

internet guy I have been working with has been great. said that in 5 years with jeep, he has never had the financing packages he has now. has had rebates before of 500-750, but never the rates for wranglers.
  • jeepboy727jeepboy727 Posts: 14
    This jeep has exactly all the goodies that I want. I hadn't settled on a color but green is nice and I would feel good about driving this jeep forever. Still working on the boss(read wife). Wish me luck.
    That's great! How cool to find a great deal on a Jeep that is really something that you might have actually ended up getting anyway.

Now, go buy it! Tell Jeepgirl that you just HAVE to or you will die.

tsjay

I was hoping that it was just a quirky, one-time occurrence, but Thelma's leak is real.

I gave her her bath today, and, sure enough, there was water on the passengers side firewall and under the carpet.

So, she will get checked out next week.

It sounds just like Tonkajeep's leak, Tonks. I think you have identified the source, or at least the area where to look for it.

tsjay

Hey, I guess I was right about the fact that it was because the new tires hadn't been armor all treated that I was a little disappointed in their looks. I gave Thelma a bath just now and blacked up those tires. They do look much better than the 30's did!

I don't like the "shiny" wet look on tires, but I do like them to be nice and black. That's why I use armor all on them.

tsjay