Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Honda Civic

Comments

• The head unit is the JVC KD-HDR1 that puts out 50 watts per channel. So far, I haven't hooked up an external amplifier or sub woofer. It doesn't exactly "bump" very much, but it does sound 10 times better than the stock unit.
  • I'm glad for you, mate... ;)

Enjoy your new system, as I hope you are! :)

Happy Holidays!

Peace<-AladdinSane<- :shades: -
  • Hi Everybody!!!

Please reply if you know how to find and identify the box(es) in Honda Civic (LX, AT, 4dr, 08) please.

TIA
  • drmbbdrmbb Posts: 80
    I don't actually know the location. But in the Toyota Prius the EDR is incorporated into the airbag sensor assembly. So it's not some discrete black box, it's just some circuitry in the assembly that monitors and controls the deployment of the airbags.
  • jet10000jet10000 Posts: 656
    Please reply if you know how to find and identify the box(es) in Honda Civic (LX, AT, 4dr, 08) please.

If you have your car registered at Honda's Owner Link,

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/

they have parts diagram for each section of the car so that one can order replacement parts.

Click the estore link next to your vehicle and select the Parts tab at the top.

I would go through the different diagrams and see if you could find the box that way. In theory, it should be a replaceable part and be on the diagram.
  • I purchased my 2008 Civic LX last week. Since then it has snowed continually. I am finding slush freezing into ice clods on and inside the splash guards. I'm spending alot of time digging them out at the end of each trip. The ice clods seem to fill the entire space between my wheels and the wheel wells. Is it worthwhile to remove the splash guards, or is this a problem I have to live with because on or off makes no difference? And are the ice clods potentially doing something to my tires?
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Don't worry about your tires and don't remove your splash guards, they're there for a reason, not the least of which is to keep as much water and crud as possible off the accessory belts.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    If you remove the splash guards, all that crud (along with all the road salt and chemicals in it) will end up all over the back lower edge of the fender well, and along the rocker panels. The whole point of the splash guards is to catch all that stuff and keep it off the metal components. Yes, it does mean having to bang/scrap the accumulation off from time to time, but it's better then having rotted out fender skirts and rocker panels, isn't it?

As to damaging your tires, I've never seen that happen. I lived for years in northern Ontario and northern Quebec and always had mud flaps on my vehicles. And I never had tire damage because of the frozen muck that built up on them.
  • Greetings,
    My 2000 C230 Kompressor has 130,000 miles on it and will want to replace it more sooner than later.
    I don't want another German car. Had an expensive electrical repair on this one and I want better reliability.
    What I want is a compact, powerful, fun commuter car for my daily 60 mile round trip commute.
    I was fixated on "stylish" European cars, but fell in love with the new Civic Si at the dealers yesterday. (Although, their only model is in the showroom so I could not take it for a spin.)

Here's my problem: I really don't like cloth seats; I want a leather one. Also I have spine problems in my neck so I would really like a power drive seat. I've been to the Recaro site but don't see any power seats. Any ideas?

I've thought about the Volvo C30 as an alternative car to the Si, I could get a power seat but I really don't want to test Volvo's reputation for poor reliability.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    While I personally prefer the Si, I have noticed that the Mazda Speed 6 with the Grand Touring option does in fact have power leather seats.
  • I was driving my parents LX sedan and noticed the ongoing gas mileage reading on the dash which I thought was pretty neat. I pressed a button and got the trip A, trip B and oil condition. I may have hit other buttons but I can't get the gas mileage readout back. The owners manual wasn't any help. Your help would be appreciated as my parents liked watching the gas mileage also.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    I didn't think the Civic came with an MPG readout (Hybrid excepted).
  • It was there in the same spot as the trip A, trip B and oil readout. It was indicating 31 to 32mpg as we drove around town.
    It was there in the same spot as the trip A, trip B and oil readout. It was indicating 31 to 32mpg as we drove around town.

I have a 2008 Civic EX and I've never seen the feature that you describe either. It toggles from showing:

total mileage/Trip A,
    temperature/Trip A,
    temperature/Trip B,
    Oil Life %.

Perhaps it was 31-32 degrees outside and they thought that was the gas mileage?

If you figure out some hidden feature on how to get the mpg to show there, please post it.
  • It wasn't temperature as we live in Sacramento Ca. and it was warmer than that. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions and I will post again if I can track it down.
    There is no mpg indicator on the 2006/2007/2008 Civic, at any trim level. You can check honda.com if you doubt that. I'm not sure what you were looking at, but it was not calculated mpg - that is not a feature available on a civic except the hybrid model.
  • willsimwillsim Posts: 33
    I'm sure your right because whatever I saw I haven't been able to get it back.
  • jeep53jeep53 Posts: 49
    I am currently researching the Honda Civic vs. the Mazda 3 for 2008. I would appreciate anyone's opinion between the two. Do you think the reliability is much better with the Honda? Any thoughts anyone has would be very helpful. Thanks for your time.

Steve1953
    Jeepster53@aol.com
  • jerdjerd Posts: 2
    I was researching between the same 2 cars. I bought the civic. They definately hold their value if you are ever planning on reselling it in a few years and I had absolutely no repairs except routine maintenance (brakes, tires, mufflers) after 7 years. After test driving both I found the Mazda had a sort of sport suspension so it rides a little rougher than the civic. Also with the Mazda you start with a basic model and then everything else you want is ala carte...and because of this i don't think some safety equipment is standard. So by the time you add all the accessories and options that are standard on a civic EX, the mazda costs like $2000 more. Keep in mind in the past it hasn't been terribly hard to find Honda parts. The civic also got the highest rating from consumer reports and beat out the mazda 3 for reliability and safety. I didn't really like the inside of the car either and thought it had some blind spots. The civics have gotten a lot nicer in recent years for basically the same price i paid 7 years ago. You should really test drive them both because some people don't like the digital speedometers and odometers or the dashboard in the civic. And definately go for the EX if you get it. My old civic was a 2000 and I got almost half my money back for it when it got totalled so they hold some value.
    Thanks for your reply. You gave me some helpful information to think about. I'm looking for a compact car for my wife which has good gas mileage and rides pretty nice. I was thinking about the Civic EX also. She likes a sunroof which I think the EX has. I think for around $21,000 or so I can get a new Civic. Would you say the cloth seats are pretty comfortable in the Civic?

The Mazda 3 looks really nice but I didn't realize it would be more money in the end. I guess we'll have to test drive both to make sure. Thanks again for your help.
  • jerdjerd Posts: 2
    It has a moonroof thats standard...it also has an auxillary port which are two things I wanted. The cloth seats are comfortable they are made from a nice soft material and you can adjust the height of the seat. Mine is a solid gray color, not a print. You should be able to get it for 21 or less depending on the dealer you go to. I wouldn't pay more than that before taxes.
  • novanova Posts: 135
    I paid $21,000 OTD.for a 2 df EX coupe auto trans. People on this board have been paying less than I did so go to prices paid section. You will get good info there
    I am currently thinking about purchasing a new Honda Civic Sedan. Is there anyone out there that has a new Civic that has leather seats? I'm wondering how comfortable they are compared to the cloth. I had a Jetta for a while and the leather was very hard and not comfortable at all. If I have to go with cloth, I have no problem with that. Thanks for any help you can give.

Steve
    (Jeepster53@aol.com)
    I am currently thinking about purchasing a new Honda Civic Sedan. Is there anyone out there that has a new Civic that has leather seats? I'm wondering how comfortable they are compared to the cloth.

I have the new Civic with leather and I love it. I don't really have any comparison because this is the first car I've owned with leather. But you should do some test drives and see for yourself how it compares with the Jetta you had. I'm sure different people fit into the seats differently. My good experience may not be yours.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    We have both and the 3s has great power and smoothness up the rev bend...it's so seemless it's great. Wife loves the car except some blind spots. Prefer my LX as I think it's holding up much better in the noises & squeaks department...the 3s just feels older, but that's subjective on my part.
    Test 'em both and go from there, but do test the "EX" against the "S" version and the "LX" against the "i" version, a fairer comparison and keep us posted.

The Sandman :)
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I think it's probably going to come down to the Civic EX. I'm also going to see if it's worth getting the navigation system that Honda has. I'm not sure about that yet. The gas prices here in the east coast are going to hit $4.00 a gallon in the next few months. So it's time to get that economical car!!

Thanks again.
  • I live in Palm Beach County FL. I am looking to get into a Honca Civic dx 24 months lease. Automatic. What can I expect to spend. Perfect tier credit.
    I rather put $0 down but I don't mind putting $1,000. If anyone can give me an estimate and may recommend a dealer, I would appreciate it. Looking to lease this weekend.
    da'vid
    I am looking to get into a Honca Civic dx 24 months lease. Automatic. What can I expect to spend. Perfect tier credit.

You'll get a much better response in the Honda Civic Lease Questions forum.

I think the DX trim might be hard to find. Usually the LX trim is much more common. If you're leasing, there's probably not that much price difference in payment. Especially because if you're in Florida, you'd probably want to add the air conditioning option to the DX and that begins to move the price closer to the LX.
  • coupe2coupe2 Posts: 6
    Doesn anyone know how to get another 20-30 HP out of a 2008 ex coupe auto?
This discussion has been closed.